Thread: Wild held items!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Wild held items!

One thing I'd hoped for has come to pass - DeepSeaTooth and DeepSeaScale have been included in the list of items that can be found on some wild pokémon! So we can now have as many Gorebyss and Huntail as we like* without having to restart! Woo!

(*Depending on the hold rate, natch. In theory we can have as many Lightballs as we want as well...)
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Wild held items!

Quote Originally Posted by rinku
    (*Depending on the hold rate, natch. In theory we can have as many Lightballs as we want as well...)
    So very true. So:

Quote Originally Posted by rinku, corrected
    So we can now have as many Gorebyss and Huntail as the statistics which seem to never be nice to us EVER like without having to restart! Woo!
    Fixed.

I'm back.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Awesome! And I can have as many shiny Pokemon with maxed IVs as I want, too!

...Yeah. Has anyone collected the data on hold item probability yet? I'd be interested to see that.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

All I have so far is what's up on Serebii, but I can't really see any reason for them to make it a super rare, and they've made it available to serveral types each:

DeepSeaScale:
    Chinchou
    Lanturn
    Gorebyss?
    Relicanth

DeepSeaTooth:
    Carvahna
    Sharpedo
    Huntail?

Gorebyss and Huntail themselves are listed in the item list, but don't appear to be available directly in Diamond or Pearl. May indicate planned wild capture in another 4th gen game. But all the others are listed as only Uncommon fishing encounters on their routes after you get the National 'dex. I'm guessing we're talking Dragon Scales, not Light Balls.
    rinku

Cloyster Moderator

Mew, Celebi, etc. are also listed but are unobtainable. For some reason they give wild held items even to pokemon that can't be caught in the wild.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Feelin' Like P. Diddy Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm thinking kind of like what they did between RBY and GSC with RBY pokemon having a chance of getting an item when traded, although in RBY there weren't hold items so my logic may be faulty.

I'm back.

Don't quote me on this, but I think held items might be on-the-up too. The first (and only) Abra I caught near the start of the game had a Twisted Spoon from the get go, which I was quite chuffed with.

You guys know about the Shin'ou Underground, right? Man, I have found craptons of stuff down there. All sorts!

Unfortunately it's only two Light and two Dark stones per game T_T And I already used one on my un-EV-trained Roselia (that probably has a crappy nature).
    *yawn*

Possibly temporarily back. Again.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well here's hoping that there's something similar to Emerald's cloning glitch in D/P, for the sake of those of us who have either squandered good items or would like to have a decent stock of something you usually only get one or two of. Also wouldn't hurt for the sake of Diaruga and Parukia, and anything else that it might be necessary for (for those of us who, for whatever reason, CAN'T take advantage of the wi-fi trading and stuff).
    The one and only Pokemaster Ash
    Pokémon Master, and a bunch of other otaku-ish things...

Former ASB Veteran Trainer
    Owner of every Pokémon

Fanboy of Sabrina (Pokémon), Mistral & Mireille (.hack//), and probably quite a few others I've forgotten at the moment ^_^;

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Mew, Celebi, etc. are also listed but are unobtainable. For some reason they give wild held items even to pokemon that can't be caught in the wild.
    Yeah, but then they put a sequence into Emerald that *did* allow catching a wild Mew (with the appropriate ticket).
    rinku

Damn, nothing carries a Sharp Claw, and I already used mine to evolve a Weavile without Ice Punch.

On the bright side, with the advent of online trading, I expect it's only a matter of time until we can buy any pokémon or item we want from China. Oh boy, I can't wait to have five Deoxys!
    *yawn*

Possibly temporarily back. Again.