Thread: [POLL] Christmas magic

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Lightbulb [POLL] Christmas magic

Is it still there for you? Are you still looking forward to the time Christmas finally arrives? Can you barely wait to unwrap your gifts?

I have to admit that Christmas has become a very tedious occassion in the last couple of years. For me the magic is gone. If you ask me what Christmas is for me, it's the 100th re-run of The Last Unicorn on TV and a day off work.

I usually celebrate Christmas alone with my mother. All other relatives have passed away by now so there's no one left to spend the time with really. My friends are busy that day as well so I got nothing to do. Presents are nothing to look forward to anymore either, if I want something I just go out and buy it any day I feel like it.

What about yourself, is it still that special time of the year for you or does it make you mutter the word "Humbug"?
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

shazza Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: [POLL] Christmas magic

I couldn't give a shit about Christmas anymore. I'm The Grinch, or something like that.
    -shazza.

What are you looking at? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Arrow Re: [POLL] Christmas magic

I didn't care too much for Christmas either this year.

I looked forward to the holiday coming--even went so far as to decorate my dresser with holiday decor and had a 2ft tree on another dresser--

But after my job provided squat for the employees and some of my family didn't appreciate the "family time" together, my enthusiasm kind of fizzled out.

I've had to spend some days cleaning and making the house presentable for my brother and his wife when I wanted nothing more than to sleep the day away. Unfortunately I worked the entire week right before and during the holiday at my job too, so I was extremely exhausted

My mom then decides we should hold the unwrapping session on Sunday rather than Monday which we agreed on, then remove the decorations on Christmas Day. Although it was pretty quiet for most of the day, my mom decided to start a fight and harp on me and my sister for some crap we didn't do and starts another argument.
    My sister just bolted herself in her room. I had to stay and listen to the garbage my mom was dishing out

I was just finally glad it's over this year. Bleah
    midnightangel
    Just a Twitter slut and a Tumblr whore.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

OMG I love The Last unicorn. I've never seen it on tv, just watched it on video (vcr). OMG that would rule. Christmas is so so. I just look forward to the drinks. But the family drama sucks, it either comes out before christmas or just after. This year it was before. My dad and my stepbrother had a huge punch up. LOL
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

for all seasons Moderator

Schmendrick is Christmas. Beyond that however, I haven't felt the magic of Christmas since being in Australia. It's just an entirely different feel for me; as a child, I was used to snow or at least the pre-cursor to snow, then to be plonked in an Australian Christmas... this is not the time for summer, by gawd. Santa would be frying his jolly red ass off, we can't have that... Besides, I miss American TV. That's festive stuff right there, the Australian media doesn't seem to quite get it.
    Cripes, sure wish I had a real reason why the magic's gone lodged in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit