Thread: Glitches

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Glitches

Yes, if you hadn't heard, there have been some reports of glitches occuring in Diamond and Pearl. Some of these are quite damaging, while some are... not so bad, actually. (No sign of Missingno, though. Sorry.)

The first two are of the damaging kind. According to an IGN article:

"A: After entering the Union Room from the second floor of the Pokemon League, when you try to go up to the second floor of the Pokemon Center, you get stuck in a wall never to return.

B: In a special room in the Pokemon League, if you face the automatic entrance and use the "Naminori" skill, you get stuck in a wall never to return. Nintendo warns that you shouldn't do this, as it could lead to a loss of data."

Nintendo has apparently come up with solutions to some of the problems. Some of the tougher bugs can be repaired by taking the game to a retail DS station, for instance. Other solutions can be found on Nintendo's official Q&A page.

I mentioned earlier that some of the glitches aren't so bad. According to a Wikipedia article, one glitch in particular allows players to catch Sheimi and Darkrai, which were intended to be event-only Pokemon.

Now, players outside of Japan might think they'll be left out with the Sheimi/Darkrai glitch. But if you've been paying attention, you should remember that Pokemon can now be traded around the world and even between cartridges of different languages using the online Global Trade Station system.

It's easy to suspect that some Japanese players with the original, unpatched cartridges may catch loads of these rare Pokemon in order to trade them away. Using the Global Trade Station, any player should have a shot at getting them as they make their way around the globe.

So, there are currently many glitches, both good and bad. Do you have any thoughts about these errors or any further bugs you'd like to mention? Commentary is good, my friends! Let us know what you think!
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Glitches

It's like Red and Blue all over again, when you could catch any Pokemon with the Safari zone glitch...

or when you talk to the man in Viridian, and the surf along the seafoam islands, and you can catch any Pokemon (depending on the variables of your name.)

Let me tell you, I would be SOOOOOOO pissed, if that happen to me and lost all my data. After the first time I played it and got the far, what a waste of time that would be.

The Glitch would be cool to catch those rares that you can only get in events, cuz sometimes, you could get to them or you'd miss them.

(my first challenge complete)

TERRY's GROUND CHALLENGE 2006- (Monotype Challenge) TPM RBY
    (my 2nd challenge)

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think I'll stick with the good ol' AR as far as event Pokémon are concerned. I think I've got a strategy for Diaruga and Parukia as well.

I mentioned in another topic that Ditto had a couple of glitches involved around it. One beneficial, the others not so much. One was an item cloning glitch. Basically how it went was you send a Pokémon holding the item you wish to clone and a Ditto into a double battle. Have Ditto transform into its partner, then switch to a Pokémon that knows Thief (or other item stealing move). Use Thief on Ditto, who will have a cloned item on it. The other glitches with Ditto were related. Apparently Ditto could keep the moves it copied after battle for some weird reason. Unfortunately sometimes this overwrote Transform, which is a bad thing.

Also there's a cloning glitch involving the GTS that's very reminiscent of the old cloning glitch from R/B/Y. Upload Pokémon, cut the power in the middle of the save, restart and have the Pokémon in your party (or box, if applicable) AND in the GTS. Withdraw the cloned Pokémon from the GTS. There are two drawbacks to this, however. First, it's obviously possible to ruin your save data. At the very least, you might lose the Pokémon you intend to clone entirely. Secondly, some little punk might steal the Pokémon you uploaded in response to whatever trade request you put up (and Nintendo has effectively blocked you from asking for the impossible, like a L1 Arseus, to prevent this). Also you cannot upload obviously hacked Pokémon either (like a L20 Diaruga/Parukia, or the aforementioned L1 Arseus).

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

It's a shame about how risky the glitches are, but at least you are able to catch Sheimi and Darkrai. That's always a good thing, right?