Thread: A few PC Probs

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Default A few PC Probs

Hay guys, I am back on the intarwebs and I am having a few minor errors I want fixed...

1) I just updated ITunes 6.whatever to 7.whatever During the installation, I didn't say I wanted all new icons (As I'd just delete 3/4 of them anyway) and well... now I actually can't GET into ITunes. I don't want to uninstall and then re-install it after all the work I've done organizing all my music... any hints? Like on where a shortcut to the application would be so then I could copy and drag it to my quick launch bar.

2) Norton Anti-Virus. It's being a real bitch whenever I start my Pc and log onto my account saying I need to install it and it's corrupted or some shit. But if I was to get rid of it and download AVG instead, would that be a good idea? And I heard I needed to manually remove it from my registry too?

3) Related to the Norton thing, whenever I'm on MSN Live Messenger, it tells me that I have an inbound worm wanting direct access to my Pc and I keep denying it... If I get AVG will it save me? Or, should I keep norton and try change some setting so it doesn't keep annoying me EVERY THREE MINUTES.

Many thanks...

Administrator
    Administrator

Default Re: A few PC Probs

Do you use iTunes for iPod management/the iTunes Music Store or just as a media player? If you don't have an iPod or an iTMS account, there's really no compelling reason to use iTunes. There are better media players available.

Don't use Norton Anti-Virus. Uninstall it and use AVG or avast!. Problems #2 and #3 will disappear.
    n/t

Super Moderator

Yeah, I do have an Ipod. But, I've used Winamp in the past and it was crap. Same with Windows Media Player. Which ones do you reccomend?

http://www.foobar2000.org/

simple yet effective. highly customizable too if you're into that sort of thing.
    Last edited by kainashi; 3rd January 2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: O_O

Super Moderator

But any answer regarding problem number 1? Where would I find another icon I can copy around my pc in order to turn ON Itunes

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, try CDocuments and Settings\[your account name here]\iTunes.exe. I believe that's the default location. You might also check the Start menu or poke around in the CProgram Files area.

Hope that helps.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

CProgram Files\iTunes

right click itunes.exe -> create shortcut. move it to wherever. bam.

Super Moderator

Thank you. Also, with avast, which version should I dld? And is the 60 day trial all that I can get?

Administrator
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Thank you. Also, with avast, which version should I dld? And is the 60 day trial all that I can get?
    avast is free for home users.
    n/t