Thread: Trying to find...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Trying to find...

Okay, I decided to play Pokémon Crystal (by.....alternate method, since my cart won't save anymore) and I'm having a real tough time trying to find Heracross. I do know it's in the trees you have to Headbutt, but where's a pretty good location to find it (and what would be its appearance rate, hopefully not in the single-digit percentile)?

Thus far I've been pretty lucky in finding stuff, but Heracross seems to want to be a problem...

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Trying to find...

The pokémon you can find by Headbutting trees depends on where you are. You'll find different species depending on whether you're in a more lowlands forested region or a more mountainous region (and Ilex is a region unto itself.)

To find Heracross, look in the mountainous regions. Route 42 is a good spot, I think. It's gonna be very rare, like maybe on the order of 1%...but 1% beats the pants off 0%, which is what you're looking at if you try somewhere like Route 36.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well the best I can access at the moment that are near rugged terrain are Routes 31 and 33, maybe 32 (around Dark Cave and Union Cave). I was afraid the encounter rate was gonna suck that bad, but I guess there's no helping it. Unfortunately now I have to get all the way back there after someone told me to try the trees in New Bark (which don't seem to have anything in them period; he meant well but I guess he was mistaken).

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

He might have meant Route 29. I think that might count as mountainous because it's right near Routes 45 and 46.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Right now I'm kinda running on a theory that there are only four species per area in the trees, and Route 29 has Exeggcute, Hoothoot, Ledyba, and Spinarak so I kinda ruled it out, though I gave it a shot. btw, there are no trees on Route 46 to use Headbutt on as best I could tell, so I don't know why people use that for a location.

Like I said, trying Route 32 since it's by Union Cave and it seems to fit my theory (I've only seen Hoothoot, Ekans, and Exeggcute there, and if Heracross is 1% encounter rate then it could very well be there...just...taking a while to appear...)