Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Cool Re: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Quote Originally Posted by ORCACommander View Post
    if i can not rip the game save to my comp for use with an emulator and send it back to the cartridge i want nothing to do with it. personally I would call anyone who says there's still holds a save a liar if they failed to prove it with a video since the cartridges are 9-10 years old.
    Lol. Well I can tell you My Origonal Red, Blue and Yellow All work fine, non dead battrey yett. and my Gold silver and crystal are all internally dead and require new battries. The GBC Mega memory card saves it to the device only and can reload the save to your cartrige one you replace the battrey. It is soley for backing up files not storing to pc. The GB Transferrer II is for storing to pc, however I read many sites and feedback, no one seems to happy with how it saves and backs up pokemon data specifically. Many have reported crashes non saves and erasing of the entire cartrige due to the overjolt of power it gives the cartrige. Sadly no fully efficent way to get GBC to pc is redily avail. And once u played a save on a emmulator it can NEVER go back to the cartrige anyway. Evidently it does something to the save you can only find deep in the code, the cartrige will always reject it for some rzn, me and my cousin tried. I refuse to buy the thing. Mega memory works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you find these games on ebay for like, $2 these days?
    hahahah no. No you cannot. If you want to find oue that is working fine or already properly had the battrey replace you have to check each individual decription being sold either "new" or "used" on amazon. buying these games BRAND NEW unopened is upwards of 250$ dollars (and most times internal battery is already dead in factory sealed!). lol Most expensive being new yellow @ 450$...... lol 2$ hahhahahahahahahah Older items get = rarer = $$$$$$$$
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...=pokemon%20GBC

K, well THANKS for all the help this thread has provided me, I hope i helped a bit too.

<3 <3 <3
    Last edited by Bunni1337; 9th September 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Hey Guys, whats the code in crystal oscillator? I bought a game Pokemon Silver, but the former owner took the crystal... and the clock never pass... i need a new crystal now.. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by rodrigonewmetal; 10th July 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Ok. I have the original Pokemon games: Yellow, Blue, Red, and then Silver, Gold, and Crystal. They have stopped saving. Before you proceed to tell me why, I already know why. The batteries need to be replaced in the cartridges. Got it. BUT, I have attempted this and the issue is, I can't get the solder to stick to the battery. So, I resolved to use electrical tape to hold the tabs to the battery. A good plan until they get jarred around a little and move, therefore, erasing my game, AGAIN. I'm over it, I'm sick of it, and I just want to play my damn games in peace. Even if you wouldn't mind, I will send you one at a time and PAY you to fix them for me if you have successfully done it before without harming the game. So please, all of you gorgeous fellow nerds and gameboy color fanatics out there, help me. The fate of my universe rests in your capable hands.

P.S. If I do send you my games, and you decide you would rather keep them for yourself rather than return them to me, know this: there is no place you can run, no place you can hide, that I will not find you. I will hunt you down and rip your spine from your body like our glorious friend Scorpion from Mortal Kombat does to his enemies. But if you do fix my games, and return them to me, you will have a forever loyal friend who will owe you one. So, let that simmer in your thoughts so you can weigh your options. Painful death by spine removal while you are still alive, or forever loyal friend who owes you big time. Your choice. Oh, and thanks again, ladies and gents. Please help me!

I cannot help you myself but I totally read your post and empathize with your plight. :[ Just in case you didn't think anyone actually saw it.

Apologies in advance if you see NEW POST and then are disappointed that the replier was unable to be of service.
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I have replaced several batteries and if you don't have any electric tape athletic tape will do.

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I would like to congratulate this thread for the award it has won! .

May it be Everlasting indeed.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Oh this is that thread...
    ~Mr.E, the mystery.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I know this thread is old, and many years have passed...

But all the discussions here - helped me to restore a SHADOWGATE GBC cartridge to full saving working condition.

All the tips mentioned here are gold.

Thanks a lot to you fellas!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

I don't even know if the people who made and popularized this thread still come here, but good for you, man.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

"Activity
    10th October 2013 07:15 PM"

feelsbadman

for all seasons Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Banned

Where do I find soldering iron?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

I took the old battery out, and now I am trying a different approach to connect tabs to a new battery. I have made a kind of arc welder by taking apart a flash that you would put on top of a 35mm camera. I connected wires to the capaciter, so that when I touch both of them to the battery and tab, the electricity makes a flash, melting them together. Sometimes this works, sometimes this doesn't. I just need to find a place where I can get the tab to fuse firmly to the battery so I can put it in the game cartridge without losing a connection.

Hi Everyone,

It's been years since I've been on the forum, but I just saw a great YouTube video which reminded me of this thread. The host is opening up a bunch of Pokemon cartridges to figure out how to get them working again, and it gives a lot of real nice views of the insides of the cartridge, and the types of things that could go wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUW0uVBp0k

By the way, if any of you are looking for replacement batteries, the easiest thing would be to just do a search for CR2025 or CR2032 batteries with tabs already attached. (The games originally came with a CR2025. The CR2032 has a little longer life, but is a tighter fit since it is 3.2mm thick instead of 2.5mm.)

For Example:
    CR2032: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...32-F2N/2404062
    You can also find tons on Amazon.https://www.amazon.com/EEMB-CR2032-N...10&sr=8-5&th=1
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

That's a pretty helpful video. Now I just have to learn how to solder.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV