Hi jubily_ , I’m glad you were able to find this forum! It isn’t very active any more, but I guess Search Engines will still find it.

That is interesting that the battery to your game is in a clip instead of being soldered to the board. Soldering the battery would maintain a better connection, but the clip would make it much easier to replace (or install) the battery.

I had read your first post and had a list of ideas to test, but it seems you have already tested them. (proper polarity, test for a good battery, Check that the clips hold the battery tightly)

Is your game an official version, or pirated? The cartridge you show that has the clip looks different than normal GBC circuit boards. Here is a link to a picture of an official game. http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/gr...art/dw3gbc.jpg

I also have Dragon Warrior III, and mine has a full sized circuit board and battery that is attached through the standard soldered tabs.

How long have you had the game? Is it in your native language? In this case, it may be that there is actually no problem with the cartridge. You mentioned that you have tried to save by talking to a priest in a Church? I think you might be trying to save in the wrong place.

I have probably played for 20+ hours on my game and I have never saved in a church. If you want to save the game, you need to talk to a woman in the house in the upper left hand corner of the first town (the same house where you recruit people to join your team). If you enter the house, she is on the first floor at the back of the room. Later in the game you also can save by talking to a man standing next to the king in a castle (or maybe you need to talk to the king himself...I forget which). You can also make a temporary save by pressing START (outside of battle) and following the directions. This Log Save will be deleted when you resume the game.

Try talking to the woman near the back wall of the bottom floor of the house in the upper left hand corner of the first town. You may actually have a working game. Let us know if that works.

Good Luck!