Thanks Jeff. I think it will be fun playing through Silver again, yet going for speed. Right now I am planning out what pokemon and move sets to use.

It all depends on how I decide to approach this challenge. If I trade in low level pokemon in the beginning of the game, it could go differently than if I only use pokemon that I catch in-game. I need to decide how close I want to get to the point where it would be considered cheap.

The best way I can think of to beat the game as quick as possible is by trading in a level 3 Mewtwo that I caught in my Red version by doing the Missingno Trick. I didn't shark it, but then again Mewtwo aren't found naturally in the wild in Silver.

If I want to beat the game by only building native Silver teams, I need to find someone else that is strong, fast, and has a good move set. I could use Cyndaquil, as I mentioned earlier, though he can't be taught Thunderpunch until level 36 when he becomes a Typhlosion. Until that pont, he would just have Ember, and some TMs like Rollout or Mudslap.

I also need to decide where to get pokemon to use for HMs. I could either trade in a Mew or two, or catch some pokemon in the game.

I have some thinking to do...