Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Naruto: The Hidden Curse - Talkie Lounge

Default Re: Naruto: The Hidden Curse - Talkie Lounge

I agree we should open it to new sign ups soon but not till after we conclude the prelims which require just a few more posts. If we're vigilant and we get a speedy blessing from Kalah that could be as soon as next week, though. I have PMed her for her permission or blessing for us to revive this as it was her rpg as Heald has reminded us. If everyone mentioned comes back and Dark-san signs up we should have enough to continue as is. We just need to reorganize the teams a little bit. Something that we can discuss during the training/downtime period before the chuunin finale.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw JT View Post
    Dark-san:
    1) I might be convinced to allow a character from another village after the conclusion of the Chuunin exam. One who is lent to Konoha to supplement their ranks and help rebuild after the attack. PM me your ideas.
    2) Definitely younger characters. Preteen to teenager is acceptable. If you wanted to play an older more experienced and/or powerful shinobi you'd have to be willing for them to be more of a background character than one of the 'heroes' of the rpg. The spirit behind the rpg was everyone having characters that followed the path (or an alternate universe version thereof) of the main characters in the anime. Everyone is in the same league of power with the genin from the anime, which is to say more than exceptional for their age but still behind most older and more experienced ninja.
    If you want to play something different PM me your ideas and we'll see if we can make it work.
    I will do so. Give me the date or the expected start date. I will pm you most probably a week before this RPG starts. I missed out on the last one but taking into account the lack of teammates you have, although a little disappointing, I will be choosing a Konoha genin after all.

Another problem I see here is to know which team am I in. It would be best for my team or whoever I am paired up with to have my natural skills complementing theirs. ^.^;

Could I ask a favor for someone else to post the results thus far of the prelims (including my match which I just posted) and which matches still remain? I'm a little bust this weekend and won't have the time to go back through the last several posts to work this out. I would like to have this information quickly so I can make a post at the end of the weekend to wrap the prelims up if we aren't waiting on any other player battles.

Dark-san: the start date for a new sign-up depends entirely on the character you want to play. Just PM me a sign-up form (find one from the rpg topic and write your character over the 'sample' form). It could be as soon as we wrap up the prelims (which I'd like to do this weekend if possible) or as long as a few weeks. It really depends on what you want to play. As for teams, during the month of training most of us will be training individually so temporarily you'll be assigned to whomever isn't in the chuunin exam finale. After that the teams will be restructured. We'll talk about who will end up where once we have a clearer picture of where all the remaining characters will be after the chuunin exam concludes.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Cheers Outlaw, I should be able to sent ya the sign up by this week. I don't have an idea on how and what should my character be. Hopefully the viewing of some manga along the way for this week would give me a clearer picture. ^.^;

Beside Myself Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hiiiiiii guuuuuuuys I'm so late. (as usual)

I'm fairly keen on staying with this RPG, but right now I'm concerned about whether I can post consistently. It depends on how fast you guys post. If it's at the current rate of every RPG except the Dragonball one, yea I can keep up I think since the only other RPG I'm in is the FF one.

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?
    fangirling is my real day job

Welcome back Chiko-sai. We are happy to have you with us and I'm fairly certain we won't be moving too quickly for you.

I have tallied the Chuunin prelims. There are two matches left undecided after reviewing the posts and making judgment calls on the npc matches. Selekis vs Haru and Shiro vs Rock Lee. Are any of their RPers still present? If so, let us know. If none of them are still around and/or interested in this rpg then the results will be a mutual knockout for Selekis and Haru and a victory by Rock Lee. I want to give these three RPers time to check in but I also don't want to let the rpg stall out again before we can truly get it rolling by waiting. What is everyone's opinion on the matter?

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Just posting to let you know I'm willing to reprise my role as Selekis. I'll put up my battle post as soon as I can.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Outlaw JT, sign up is up. Tell me about the idea of it.

Dark-san: I'd say edit out the part about him working for ANBU. Otherwise it is fine. ANBU is a bit too much for this age group, though. Afterall, only Itachi in the village's history was advanced enough at this age to work for ANBU. Everything else about it is fine, though, and with the edit you should feel free to start posting daily life for your character as soon as you want to. Maybe he can be on a D-rank mission or returning from a C-rank mission.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Posting tonight guys! Feels kind of weird doing this character again.

Formerly known as Kalad1 Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

is mine acceptable?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Hey everyone since the Naruto RPG is several years old, and it is pretty much Outlaw's baby now. I think we need a new thread for it, with a recap of whats happening, where everyone is at with the Exams, and a brief synopsis of the previous thread. That way we are not pretty much necroing a very very old RPG. And there is no complaining from Super Mods ^^;;;.

Dominus: yes your form is fine. Just don't go overboard on the info your character has accumulated about other characters (PC and NPC) as there are a lot of characters with highly guarded secrets. Grades and old tendencies is one thing, knowing about hidden bloodlines and incidents covered up by the ANBU is another entirely. With that in mind, feel free to start posting anytime you want. As I told Dark-san you might want to start off returning from a C-rank mission or on a D-rank one. Either that or just every day life. Just keep in mind that soon I will be making a DM post summoning all those not training for the Chunin finale to report for a mission.

Have the supermods been complaining about these two revived threads Roy? Also, were you proposing a new lounge thread, a new rpg thread, or both? Personally I don't see that it's necessary but feel free to open discussion on the idea here. I'll say I am against a new rpg thread as I don't want to have to reference two threads to review all of the posts for my character and/or team. A new lounge would be fine I guess but I still don't see the point (aside from a synopsis of events thus far).

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Not the Supermods, no. To be frank, reviving a thread whose previous last post was from April 2008 constitutes as necroing. Yes, we're extremely lenient about this in RPG - however, that same RPG had also had the same thing done to it the year before. The front page isn't exactly overflowing with active RPGs, so I don't see what harm it would do if you made a new topic. It's not really a hardship to move a few of the last posts into a new RPG topic and to do a quick rundown of events so far, surely?

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

@OutlawJ- Editing the ANBU portion is out is not a problem. Away on mission would probably be a better pick.

@Roy, Kirst and the rest- A new thread would be a better idea IMO, be sure to tell me which group am I in? I haven't posted anything yet because I have no idea on what to start on. ~.~

why wub woo Moderator

I sometime like to refer to the old posts and the fact that character profiles are usually on the first page of the thread are helpful. Is there any need to be so anal with the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

I don't think it's being anal. Plus, you have an entirely new sign-up topic, don't you? And now the thread's been necroed, it'll be on the first page for ages (if not forever), so you won't exactly have to go far to check out older stuff.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Who is us using the original rpg thread hurting? As to moving a handful of posts and providing a rundown of events...... Actually, yeah, it is a major hardship as it requires going through 140 posts and writing a summary for all of them. Most of the posts are a page long, some of them are two or three. It'd be like having to write a rundown for a novella. The new sign-up was one thing. We needed that to have a go at drawing in new players since we will be short over half our original cast. Creating a new thread for the rpg itself, however, seems overly troublesome and wasteful to me. If this 'necroing' is really that much of a problem we can certainly copy the recent posts posts from the lounge here into a new lounge thread but I intend to fight to keep our original rpg thread if I have to.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay I would rather not see any fights, and I know that both sides have strong arguments. I would rather not see either side "fight", since we have had a long history of that in the RPG forum. So, how about today or tomorrow, I'll write up a summery for the RPG's last four pages. And we try to work out some sort of compromise that will make both sides happy.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Guys let's just cool it! ._.

The purpose most of us asked for a new topic title is because it would looked neat and the newer participants need not go through the trouble of looking through all 140 plus posts before they can decide what to post next. Everything could be understood just looking at the shortened summary, which someone posted, will do.

OutlawJT, just need to ask out of curiosity? Are you trying to create an epic RPG topic by not allowing a newer topic to branch away and also to preserve its value? Well no worries though, everyone knows that it is already an epic topic. I just feel that a lesser page RPG = to tidier and simpler for newer participants like me to figure out.

Everything here can be settled peacefully. No need to go and get each other's throat because of this incident. I have enough DRAMA to last me for at least the next six months due to the recent clashes between manga scanlators and anime fansubbers over some issue. I really don't need another one here. Saved it for me at least until the DRAMA there dies down. ^.^;

The only thing that matters to the new players is what is being posted presently. Events prior to now were not events that new characters were present to witness and thus won't effect them. Keeping the original thread is for those of us who have been in the rpg from the beginning to keep continuity. Reading a summary of what's happened and actually having the posts on hand to recount character development are completely different things. I truly and sincerely don't understand why there is an issue with us keeping and using the original rpg thread. I'm not trying to pick a fight I just don't understand why this was brought up as an issue to begin with.

Elite Trainer

How many people do you know who would join an RPG newly when it's got over 100 posts? I don't know anyone who would, personally.

And you say that you have no idea why we want you to make a new thread? Well, Roy told you in his post, then I told you, Dark-San, another mod, agrees with the both of us, as does the mod-to-be for RPG. Posting in a topic that hasn't had any new replies for over a year is necroing. Which is against the forum rules. I know that we're lenient about this in RPG, but that's mainly because we almost never get any instances of people necroing a year-old RPG. If it was anyone else, for any other RPG, we'd react in the same way.

Roy's even offered to make you a summary, to help you lot along. You can post your character sign-ups in the new one - it'll be like a completely new RPG, in many ways. I do not see why you're dragging this out into an argument, JT. We've given you reason, three mods agree about it, so why are you prolonging the matter by being difficult?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

All discussion on the new thread issue ends now. I am creating a new lounge topic for us that will be devoid of any arguments so that we can proceed with the rpg peacefully. Tomorrow, when I have the time, I am going to create a new rpg thread for us and copy over all of the in character writing to it in as few posts as possible. The opening post will consist of the original intro and all of the sign-up forms for the currently active players. Please don't post to use the new thread until you see Dominus' post at the end of it. Be patient and we'll be back on track sometime tomorrow afternoon drama free (aside from drama inherent to the plot of the rpg and it's characters, anyway). Thank you all for your patience.