Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Log-In Time

  1. #1
    You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Blademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west
    Posts
    12,589

    Default Log-In Time

    Hey, all.

    Ever since I re-whatever-ed my computer yesterday, I gotta start re-signing in every time I come back to TPM. It never used to be like that... Where's the 'Stay Logged in Forever' feature? I checked User CP, Edit Options... I can't find it.

    ...Anyone?

    (Nintendo) 4 Lyfe





    HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

  2. #2
    Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    The Fanfiction Forum
    Posts
    19,525

    Default Re: Log-In Time

    When you log into the forum, there's an option to choose how long you want to remain logged in (unless, of course, you log out yourself). If you select "Forever," you'll stay logged in until you click the "Log Out" button.

    Go ahead and try it. Log out, then log back and and choose the "Forever" option. As long as you never click "Log Out," you'll always be logged in when you're on that computer.


    EDIT: Incidentally, this should probably go in Forum Help. Not that it particularly matters in this case. ^_^
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

  3. #3
    Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    Starry Might's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado (the Centennial State!)
    Posts
    1,344

    Question Re: Log-In Time

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    When you log into the forum, there's an option to choose how long you want to remain logged in (unless, of course, you log out yourself). If you select "Forever," you'll stay logged in until you click the "Log Out" button.

    Go ahead and try it. Log out, then log back and and choose the "Forever" option. As long as you never click "Log Out," you'll always be logged in when you're on that computer.


    EDIT: Incidentally, this should probably go in Forum Help. Not that it particularly matters in this case. ^_^
    Are you sure about that?

    I've had the problem of getting logged out automatically because I spent too much time working on a long post, so this topic interests me, too.

    I did what you said, but I don't see any such option. The only "Log In" thing is the one at the top of the page, and there's a checkbox that says "Remember me?" next to it, and when I log it, I don't see any option about how long I want to be logged in.

    Am I missing something?




    Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

    Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

  4. #4
    You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    Blademaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west
    Posts
    12,589

    Default Re: Log-In Time

    I encountered the same problem, Starry, but it seems to be working fine now... I just clicked 'Remember Me?,' and now I seem to be permanently logged in.

    Thanks, Bri.

    (Nintendo) 4 Lyfe





    HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

  5. #5
    Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    Starry Might's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Colorado (the Centennial State!)
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: Log-In Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    I encountered the same problem, Starry, but it seems to be working fine now... I just clicked 'Remember Me?,' and now I seem to be permanently logged in.

    Thanks, Bri.
    Ah, okay. I was kinda wondering if this was the answer.




    Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

    Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •