Thread: Underground - Help!

Banned

Default Underground - Help!

I'm having a big problem. I decided to try out the Underground at long last. The guy said I can now dig stuff up. However, I'm not finding any digging opportunities at all. If I see a yellow spot at all, it's always a trap. What am I doing wrong? Why am I never getting any spots to did. I NEED HEART SCALES!

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: Underground - Help!

It's luck of the draw, really. Try tapping the touch screen a few times and see if that doesn't cause some digging spots to come up. If not, exit and reenter a few times. You should see some eventually; sometimes it happens right away, but sometimes it requires patience.
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 13th July 2007 at 08:02 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Banned

I only completed the first. The second requires you to dig stuff up, which I haven't been able to do, because I can't locate any.

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, well, then, just either run around, tap the touch screen, or exit and reenter. The same thing happened when I did this in my Pearl, and reentering and waiting a bit fixed it. It didn't happen in my Diamond, though, so that just goes to show it's random. And you might get dig spots that show up in an inaccessible area, which is irritating. Not much you can do but keep trying until one shows up in your sector.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Remember that if a shiny spot appears on the floor, it's guaranteed to be a trap. Spheres and other goodies are only found in walls.

Also remember that if you face a trap, without stepping on it, you can dig it up and claim the trap for yourself to use at a later date.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I had the same problem...the first hour I spent in the underground all I ever got were traps.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok pheonixsong here is a little Trick I like to use when finding treasure. Fill your bag up with spheres and plant them all in the same spot. Leave for about a day then come back and the walls should be teaming with treasure.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Banned

Thanks, CEB, but the thing is, I can't find any to begin with. I cannot locate a single sphere.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Hmmm, until then I guess you have to walk around aimlessly. I think if you talk to a hiker you might be more likely to find stuff.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

I really don't see how difficult it is.

Touch the touch screen.
    Look for sparklies - both in the maze itself and on the map.
    If you don't find any run to another part of the maze.
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

You have to keep tapping the touch screen periodically because the sparkles marking a trap or a dig spot don't last indefinitely.
    Last edited by RattataGuy; 14th July 2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: ...spelling...

Advanced Trainer

There's also the fact that the little blip does have a range, and that range does not cover the entire touch screen. If your top screen says there's something there, you need to tap all over the bottom screen so that you've thoroughly searched every section of the walls/floor onscreen. It used to be that I'd miss treasure spots all the time because the top would say there's something there, but I'd touch the bottom and see nothing. You really do have to search the entire bottom screen.

plusle f, burmy m

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Speaking of Heart Scales, do they do anything other than be sold to shops. For that matter, do those variously sized mushrooms do anything useful in the game?
    [IMG]horsephone.bmp[/IMG]

Banned

Heart Scales are what you pay the Move Relearner with in Pastora. For one Heart Scale, he'll teach a Pokemon a move on its movelist that it has forgotten.

Slugma Extraordinaire Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Heart scales can be used by the move tutor in Pastoria City to teach pokémon moves they've forgotten or would have learned at an impossibly low level (for example, mewtwo learns swift at lv. 15). Mushrooms do the same in FireRed/LeafGreen, where there's a guy who will take either two tinymushrooms or one big mushroom to reteach a pokémon a move instead of taking heart scales.
    Avatar made by Jade Dragonair. Thanks very much, JD!

Advanced Trainer

To my knowledge, though, now the mushrooms are only good for selling. The only possible use I can think of would be something with the move Fling. I thought that the Rare Bone (which can also be sold for a pretty penny) was only for selling, but apparently when you Fling it it can do upwards of 100 damage. If the mushrooms do anything at all in DP, it'd be something like that, and maybe they cause poison or something. If not, then, yeah, you just sell 'em.

plusle f, burmy m