Thread: Diamond and Pearl get over half a million pre-orders

Cloyster Moderator

Default Diamond and Pearl get over half a million pre-orders

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/n...fm?artid=13347

April 18, 2007--Pre-orders for the upcoming Pokémon® Diamond and Pokémon® Pearl video games for the portable Nintendo DS™ have topped one half million in the United States, and Nintendo is advising fans to brace themselves for the next wave of Poké-mania. Based on the huge pre-sales for Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Nintendo expects them to be among the top-selling games for all of 2007.

With four days to go until they arrive, more than 533,000 pre-orders have been taken for Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. Already these games have more than doubled the pre-sale numbers of Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen, which launched in 2004. Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen went on to sell more than 3.4 million combined in North America.

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl have consistently ranked among the top-selling video game products on Amazon.com, and there are still four days until launch.
    *Is now kicking himself for not pre-ordering.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Diamond and Pearl get over half a million pre-orders

One thing to say about that: Holy. Crap.

That's not suprising. Pre-orders are alot more popular now than they were 3 years ago and the DS is white hot right now.
    CHOMP~

Moderator Moderator

That's a little surprising, because there was no line or commotion or anything when I preordered them the first day that I could. Maybe Pokemon is going to become popular around here again or something, that would be nice.
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

My copy of Diamond's a US import, due to arrive in my hands on Tuesday. I assume it's a pre-order. In any case I want that Dialga stylus >_>

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PNT510 View Post
    That's not suprising. Pre-orders are alot more popular now than they were 3 years ago and the DS is white hot right now.
    Popular? More like forced. Now, with AAA titles like Pokemon, stores will get 5,000 copies and not worry because they are basically money in the bank. Anything less popular than that requires pre-order because they ONLY order enough to match pre-orders. This is not just obscure titles, but pretty popular things like Dawn of War.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

All I can say is I really think this is going to be another world record, Just like "Ocarina of time" for the most preorded game ever.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Wow, I hope this doesn't mean I'll have any problems getting ahold of D/P (I've never pre-ordered anything before, and that's not changing now). I've got a few stores around me that sell video games so there's usually somewhere that I might find something at...

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

You won't. Stores tend to order AAA titles like this in bulk because they realize they will have no problem getting rid of them.

People thought the same thing with the World of Warcraft expansion, and I managed to walk in my local Wal-Mart at noon and grab a Collector's Edition with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Razola View Post
    You won't. Stores tend to order AAA titles like this in bulk because they realize they will have no problem getting rid of them.

People thought the same thing with the World of Warcraft expansion, and I managed to walk in my local Wal-Mart at noon and grab a Collector's Edition with no problem.
    I also think it depends on the area. I've got only a Target and a Gamestop nearby and they're both in the same plaza. Anytime a remotely big game comes out they're normally sold out in less than a week.
    CHOMP~

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I have just a Gamestop and Wal-Mart. I can tell you right now neither will sell out.

Actually, I have a Target too, but I also live near a campus so there's a huge number of people hankering for games.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm SO glad I pre-ordered Pearl now. I hope to see the same busy forums that were so popular years ago, and I also hope to see some of the old members back.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

The real Shonta Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    I'm SO glad I pre-ordered Pearl now. I hope to see the same busy forums that were so popular years ago, and I also hope to see some of the old members back.
    Yeah right. Like that's going to happen. Most of the old members have probably forgotten about these forums. They've moved on to different things. Plus we were down so long that one time that, well, most got impatient.

I'm getting Diamond tomorrow and I'm so glad that I have something new to play. But I'll probably just use the Wi-Fi features for trading until I'm sure that I'll be able to battle with others without embarrassing myself.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You never know, though. The old members might get some new life put into them if they pre-ordered either of these games. Besides, I am a really old member and have been steadily getting back into pokemon after a 3 year absence of not doing anything pokemon-related. That means no games, no buying accessories of pokemon, no cards of new pokemon like I used to collect, not even battling in my G,S,C or FR,LG,R,S,E. So it might be popular again. All I am saying is that people might come back and it would be good to see them. I don't think many people will be returning, though.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I dropped out of sight because I forgot my password and had trouble getting it reset

Plus I get less browse time at work these days.

Looking forward to the new era! Just hate it that we have to wait until the 1st of June for the Australian release - but the pre-order IS in.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!