Thread: D/P - GBA Trick; Need advice

Banned

Default D/P - GBA Trick; Need advice

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any more luck than me with a "trick" in the game.

According to Serebii, if a Pokemon GBA game is in the DS GBA slot, certain pokemon show up in certain areas. For instance, at Route 203, there are Seedot when Ruby is in the slot.

Well, I just got to 203 in Diamond, so I put Ruby in the slot. I've been searching the area diligently, and so far, no Seedot.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Did Serebii leave something out? If you need the National Poxedex to do this trick, that would explain a lot.

Any help is appreciated.

- DS

Slugma Extraordinaire Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: D/P - GBA Trick; Need advice

That only works after you've beaten the game and gotten the National Dex. Sorry.

Or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. Serebii is, of course, phailing at the moment.
    Avatar made by Jade Dragonair. Thanks very much, JD!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

That's right. As with Fire Red and Leaf Green, you're basically limited to the in-game pokémon until you complete the main story, although you can trade with the companion cartridge.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Damn. I suppose that means Magmortar won't be a member of my team until the games over. Lame.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Horny View Post
    Damn. I suppose that means Magmortar won't be a member of my team until the games over. Lame.
    Them's the breaks. However, there IS a fair bit of post-main-game plot and exploration. Whole map areas become available at that point. You should be able to use any pokémon for that part of the game.

It also MIGHT be possible to trade in foreign pokémon by wireless trading from another DP cartridge that HAS finished the game. Anyone tried this?
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It works. I'm currently two badges in with a Vaporeon, Teddiursa, and Beldum just waiting to flex for the trainers.
    I've dedicated myself to the craft of music education. What does this mean? I'm going to be stuck getting paid next to nothing, dealing with obnoxious teenagers and bad oboe players, all for the sake of art.

And I couldn't be happier.