Thread: Berries 21-26

...Σ(·ω·ノ)ノ!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Berries 21-26

Perhaps this was the same in Ruby and Sapphire, but it never occurred to me while I was playing Ruby as it did when I started playing Diamond.

I have a question about the berries that make your pokemon happy but lower stats. I'm assuming that EV points are lowered; I am also making the assumption that I can regain the EV points, and, more ideally, remove EV points from one stat and then regain the EV points in another stat. I'm particularly interested because I don't feel like raising another one of my pokemon that I feel is fine but I got EV stats all over the place because I was just focused on beating the game rather than making a usable battle team.

SO IS THIS TRUE or is my berry harvesting going to waste :p
    I am the edge of my shape.
    Squared is my face and cubed is my volume.
    I have proved over a thousand theorems.
    Variable to rational,
    Variable to imaginary,
    These polygons hold many numbers,
    Yet these polygons will remained unsolved.
    So, as I calculate,
    UNLIMITED BOX WORKS!
    There are no such thing as mad scientists, only creative ones.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Berries 21-26

True. I've been growing them like crazy, not only do they reduce EVs you don't need, but they also increase happiness, so they can help with evolution.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

This one I have heard for a long time but for Diamond/ Pearl, I was wondering if you make those berries into Poffins which they incurred the same effect as the berries?

There are still uses for the berries besides the Poffins, there are also exchanges for accessories which may be helpful for contests, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EngiMatikul View Post
    SO IS THIS TRUE or is my berry harvesting going to waste :p
    Yup, it's true. Starting in Emerald, these berries lowered specific EV points when fed to a pokemon. So yeah, it's very handy when it comes to ev training.

Each berry fed subtracts 10 ev points if I remember correctly.