Thread: HMT

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default HMT

I'm trying for a good general purpose team, that can handle tower as well as other players. Heres what i got so far

Alakazam
    moves:
    Psychic
    Reflect
    Calm Mind
    Recover

basically, alakazam is a sweeper. ive been thinking of dumping reflect, since in the time it takes to use it, itl probably die anyway.

Milotic
    moves:
    Surf
    Mirror Coat
    Hydro Pump
    Recover

a special wall that whores mirror coat. ive been thinking of dropping either surf or hydro pump for some other attack such as ice beam, but once again, im not sure

Vespiquen
    moves:
    Toxic
    Attack Order
    Heal Order
    Defend Order

basically a tank, that hits the enemy with toxic, and just sits there and waits under the cover of heal and defend order. ive been thinking of switching attack order, but i dont know what i should put instead

Metagross
    moves:
    Zen Headbutt
    Meteor Mash
    Iron Defense
    Magnet Rise

I cant decide whether to keep magnet rise or get rid of it. on the upside, i cant get killed with earthquake while using it, which i hear is commonly used, on the downside, i can still get hit with earthquake the turn it wears off, since metagross obviously isnt very fast

Tyranitar
    moves:
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance

ive been thinking of ditching earthquake for stone edge. gotta love the critical hits

Missingno.
    moves:
    JOKING! im actually undecided here. been thinking of having an annoyer/exploder here, but havent really decided on anything yet. anyone got any good ideas what could fill this slot? thanks in advance
    Last edited by anonymous; 22nd May 2007 at 09:34 PM. Reason: the HTML failed me

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: HMT

Hrm...you have five 2x weaknesses. Choose that sixth member carefully; it would be unwise to pick something weak against Bug, Electric, Fire, Grass or Ground.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Cloyster Moderator

For Milotic, I'd drop Hydro pump for Ice beam. Helps with type coverage and there's no need here to have two moves of the same type.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

guess ill go with mismagius, and have it carry the mean look/perish song combo with ominous wind and psychic

thanks for the help