Thread: UNSOLVED PUZZLE -VS- THE ARBITER [REF CRYSTAL TEARS]

Im your sheild and sword Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Cool UNSOLVED PUZZLE -VS- THE ARBITER [REF CRYSTAL TEARS]

You seem like a strong oponent, i need a test. a ref is needed, mabey since u are more popular then me u could find one. do you exept?

__________________________________________________ __________
    Number: 2 on 2, 1 Pokemon at a time

Order: I send, u send and attack, i attack

DQ: 2 days

Banned moves: 1 HKOS, Healing moves (not includeing draining moves), attract

Location: A northern forest, full of pine trees, a raging river, and a pile of rocks at the base of a mountain. It is cold here, so come prepared with a tuque. It is not snowing, but could any minute. A rain dacne could result in snow in this weather, and any other weather move will not work.

__________________________________________________ __________

i will be sending out my newly evolved Toxicroak Croaks.
    Last edited by Unsolved Puzzle; 10th July 2007 at 10:47 PM.
    MY ASB TEAM

URBAN CHAOS (A POKEMON ASB FANFIC) by Unsolved Puzzle

There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen...
    -Gravmind (halo 2)

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: ! ARBITAR i Challenge YOU ! REF NEEDED

I'll ref if its ok.

Junior Trainer

yes it is ok =D
    MY ASB TEAM

There is much talk... and I have listened through rock and metal and time... Now I shall talk and you shall listen...
    -Gravmind (halo 2)

It's Arbiter, but I accept your challenge regardless. Don't think I'll go easy on you.

I'll choose Cheesey's former pokemon, Ferdinand, a male flaaffy.

Ferdinand, start out this battle with a Double Team to keep Croaks occupied; then, conjure up a Safeguard and follow that up with a Power Gem! However, if he uses a Double Team of his own, use Odor Sleuth to track him down!

Double Team / Safeguard / Power Gem
    Odor Sleuth
    -Grey
    -Grey

Junior Trainer

Default Re: I CHALLENGE THE ARBITAR [REF CRYSTAL TEARS]

ok Croaks,

start with a Taunt, even if their are multiple flaaffy the real one should get the point. then if the taunt went through corectly use an earth quake but if for some reason it didnt use taunt agin , then end with a swords dance

Taunt ~ earthquake / taunt ~ swords dance
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: UNSOLVED PUZZLE -VS- THE ARBITER [REF CRYSTAL TEARS]

Unsolved Puzzle versus The Arbiter
    two on two
    Mountain Side

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Taunt ~ Earthquake ~ Swords Dance

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    Double Team ~ Safeguard ~ Power Gem
    Odor Sleuth

In a remote mountain range, a battle is about to take place. Croaks, a newly evolved Toxicroak is standing on top of a fallen tree that has been there for several years, while Ferdinand, a cute little Flaaffy, is standing beside a pine tree, ready for battle

The fight starts off with Ferdinand splitting into various copies of himself (4 ENG @ Ferdinand). Croaks glares at each other, focusing on one in particular, he begins to throw insults around (3 ENG @ Croaks) and seems not to care who he insults, as long as one gets mad. Flaaffy growls, infuriated by the nerve that… That.. TOAD seems to have.

As the clones disappear from the last action, Croaks leaps off the log and slams all four of his feet onto the ground. The mountain side trembles and quakes and suddenly the trees are toppling while the snow loosens and begins to slide. Jagged rock stalagmites and boulders shot up from the ground or roll, destroying all in their path (13 DMG @ Ferdinand, 5 ENG @ Croaks). The electric type shakes off the snow and dirt that has covered him, and leaps angrily towards frog, slamming him to the ground (5 DMG @ Croaks, 3 ENG @ Ferdinand).

Content with the damage he has done, Croaks concentrates, focusing his power while picturing himself doing an elegant dance with swords (4 ENG @ Croaks). Ferdinand growls, he gathers energy that forms into a glistening gem. With haste he flings the gem at Croaks, whose hit straight in the face (5 DMG @ Croaks, 3 ENG @ Ferdinand).

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 90%
    MP: 88%
    Warrior’s Spirit: Atk. +2

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 87%
    MP: 90%
    Taunted: Must Attack (8 Actions)

Junior Trainer

ok Croaks heres what we do.

start off with a stone edge, hit it hard. then a bulk up, while bulking up travel a bit up hill to avoid any attacks. then end with a poison jab.

stone edge ~ bulk up and dodge ~ poison jab
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Shouldn't have made you mad, Ferdinand; Counter his first attack, then when he bulks up, I want you to take out your Frustration on him! Finally, when he comes to jab at you, use Thunder from point-blank range. That outta keep him off 'ya, Ferdinand.

Counter / Frustration / Thunder
    -Grey
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

two on two
    Mountain Side

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 90%
    MP: 88%
    Stone Edge ~ Bulk Up ~ Poison Jab

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 87%
    MP: 90%
    Taunted: Must Attack (8 Actions)
    Counter ~ Frustration ~ Thunder

Round two kicks off with Croaks focusing his energies before he leaps towards Ferdinand, elbow brought forward in the most menacing of fashions. He slams his elbow into Flaaffy’s head (12 DMG @ Ferdinand, 4 ENG @ Croaks). Ferdinand growls, he has his opponent right where he wants him. Furious from the taunting and the earthquake, the electric type grabs hold of the frog’s foot and swings him around. Bashing him into numerous rocks and trees before standing the dazed frog in front of him and slamming a glowing fist into Toxicroak’s face (20 DMG @ Croaks, 5 ENG @ Ferdinand). Croaks’ falls onto his face, completely dazed.

Recovering from the brutal attack; Croaks backs away from the fuming Flaaffy back onto his trusty log. There he proceeds to pump his muscles and show off his strength (2 ENG @ Croaks). Unfortunately, it’s hard to buff the muscles and dodge at the same time. Croaks is slammed hard by a angry sheep, bent on revenge. Toxicroak yelps and cries out as Flaaffy proceeds to punch, scratch, kick, and head butt the living hell out of the frog (11 DMG @ Croaks, 4 ENG @ Flaaffy). This attack leaves Ferdinand feeling calmer and much more level headed.

The final actions are about to collide. Croaks allows yucky purple goo and purple energy to drip and cover his hand, while Ferdinand begins to spark and crackle wildly. Toxicroak doesn’t hesitate any longer; he bounds forward and slams his poisonous hand into Ferdinand (13 DMG @ Ferdinand, 3 ENG @ Croaks), who in turn, releases a horrid thunder. The energy hits the frog like the train and sends him flying back (15 DMG @ Croaks, 4 ENG @ Ferdinand)! Croaks slides down the hill somewhat, his body ends up lying on the edge of the river.

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 44%
    MP: 79%
    Ego: Atk. +1, Def +1

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 62%
    MP: 77%

Junior Trainer

nice job Croaks, at least now your pumped for the next round.

but for now Grey the floor is yours
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Well-played, Ferdinand. Now that you're frustrations have been purged, I want you to play defensively. Close your eyes and your ears - anything to keep you from being taunted again - and use Safeguard. Once that protects you, I want you to use Flash so that Croaks is blinded. Finally, use Thunderbolt!

Safeguard / Flash / Thunderbolt
    -Grey
    -Grey

Junior Trainer

shouldnt ferdanan still be taunted?

ok croaks now we beat down! ok start with a sucker punch, then an earthquake if the flashed worked, if not a X scizzor, and end with a focous blast if the flash didnt work, but if it did, then use another poison jab.

sucker punch ~ earthquake / X scizzor ~ focous blast / poison jab

RUMBLE TIME!
    Last edited by Unsolved Puzzle; 11th July 2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added color
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Unsolved Puzzle View Post
    shouldnt ferdanan still be taunted
    Nope; according to Crystal Tears, the Frustration attack calmed his nerves.

-Grey
    -Grey

Junior Trainer

o my bad, didnt really get it
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Advanced Trainer

two on two
    Mountain Side

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 44%
    MP: 79%
    Sucker Punch ~ Earthquake ~ Poison Jab

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 62%
    MP: 77%
    Safeguard ~ Flash ~ Thunderbolt

Another exciting round, with Ferdinand preparing to use safeguard, however, Croaks has secretly crawled behind Flaaffy, and with no remorse, takes his dark enchanted fist and slams it into the back of Ferdinand's head (11 DMG @ Ferdinand, 4 ENG @ Croaks).

OW.

The sheep flies forward, tumbling down the hill until he comes to rest as the shore of the river. Almost exactly where Toxicroak landed. He groans, resuming his attack, he summons a faint blue shield around himself (4 ENG @ Ferdinand).

Ferdinand growls, annoyed at this 'frog' he concentrates. His body glows faint and then suddenly, the light explodes, enveloping the entire arena (3 ENG @ Ferdinand). Poor Croaks' vision fades away and now all he sees is a horrifying white that doesn't seem to fade. Remembering his plan, he slams his feet on the ground again. And the rumbling ensues. More trees topple while the snow is weakened further. Rocks and various other objects tumble down the side of the mountain (15 DMG @ Ferdinand, 5 ENG @ Croaks). Another earthquake and that snow might just turn deadly.

The last action commences, Croaks can't see, but even so, he's going to attempt to strike Ferdinand like he has done this entire round. His fist glows and then is covered by thick, purple goo. He launches forward, yet hits a tree instead of his target (3 ENG @ Croaks). Ferdinand doesn’t let this chance pass, his body sparks wildly and then a crackling thunderbolt slams into Toxicroak, doing good damage (12 DMG @ Croaks, 3 ENG @ Ferdinand).

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 32%
    MP: 67%
    Blind

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 36%
    MP: 66%
    Safeguard: 5 Actions

Junior Trainer

ok croaks. use another earth quake, then use bulk up, u are going to need the extra strength, and end by using strength to pick flaaffy up and throw he in to your trusty tree.

earthquake ~ bulk up ~ strength
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Immediately, Ferdinand, and I mean "immediately" in the strictest sense of the word, Disable that toxicroak's earthquake. Then, as he bulks up, I want you to as well with Charge! Then, let him grab you with his strength, and show him who's boss. As he has you in his hands, I want you to fire off a super-powered Thunder! The sheer power of the attack should keep him from launching you anywhere.

Disable / Charge / Thunder

-Grey
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

two on two
    Mountain Side

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    Blind
    Earthquake ~ Bulk Up ~ Strength

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    Disable ~ Charge ~ Thunder

Croaks immediately starts off with another earthquake, and Ferdinand tries to stop him. But the Toxicroak isn’t even hindered! Poor Flaaffy cannot learn Disable, and thus the attack failed. Croaks’ attack however, is a complete success. The mountain once again shakes and rumbles, trees topple, more stalagmites shoot up from the ground, and Ferdinand takes a heavy beating (14 DMG @ Ferdinand, 5 ENG @ Croaks). However the rumbling doesn’t stop, both Pokemon look up the hill to see a wave of snow and ice that has been loosened by the earthquake coming towards them. Despite this, they continue to battle.

Ferdinand watches as Croaks boosts his ego once again with a muscle show (2 ENG @ Croaks), annoy by his previous attack not working, Ferdinand sparks wildly and powers up his own attack, in preparation for what’s coming next (2 ENG @ Ferdinand).

The final action commences, though the rumbling of the snow has grown louder, both Pokemon are quite fixated on killing each other. The blind Croaks stumbles about, trying desperately to find his enemy, however he runs SMACK into a tree (4 ENG @ Croaks). Ferdinand doesn’t waste time, now realizing his opponent cannot pick him up, he charges up a thunder that has received double the power from charge and fires it at Croaks. The attack is a success; frying the frog all to hell (20 DMG @ Croaks, 4 ENG @ Ferdinand). Croaks groans, even after the horrendous attack, his body is still sparking, constricted by a horrible paralysis.

THE AVALANCHE WILL ARRIVE IN: 1 ACTION

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 12%
    MP: 56%
    Ego: Atk. +2, Def +2
    Blind
    Mildly Paralyzed

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 22%
    MP: 60%
    Safeguard: 2 Actions
    Charged: Double Electric Power, Spec. Def. +1

Grey, if you can provide me with evidence that Ferdinand can learn Disable, I will ref this again, but as far as I know. Flaaffy cannot learn Disable.

I could've sworn he did according to Veekun, but I must've been looking up stats on a different pokemon. No matter...

Ferdinand, with the avalanche persuing, we have to be hasteful. Immediately Discharge your electric energy onto Croaks - that should be enough to take him down; then run to safety regardless.

-Grey
    -Grey

Junior Trainer

croaks my comands are simple

earthquake X3, but at any time if fllaffy gets KOed then run like hell

earthquake X3 / run
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Advanced Trainer

two on two
    Mountain Side

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    Blind
    Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    Discharge

The avalanche coming closer and closer, both Pokemon must finish this battle before that hell storm is on top of them. Ferdinand concentrates, though the fear is begin to grip his heart as he can hear trees snapping under the pressure of the snow. He stares wide-eyed at the insane Toxicroak who slams all four feet onto the ground. The rumbling increase and more loose snow is drawn into the chaos (14 DMG @ Ferdinand, 5 ENG @ Croaks). Despite the world around him shaking, Flaaffy releases the energy he has built up and zaps Croaks (15 DMG @ Croaks, 3 ENG @ Ferdinand). The frog collapses defeated.

With the avalanche right on top of them, Unsolved Puzzle is left to choose his next warrior.

Croaks
    Toxicroak
    HP: 0
    MP: 0

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 8%
    MP: 57%
    Safeguard: 1 Actions
    Charge Effect: Spec. Def. +1

Ok. Arena’s about to go through a major change. Just so you know. You CAN battle in the Avalanche, as it will be here for probably two rounds. Visibility is poor, and I suggest being careful. There is a high probability of being thwacked by something, whether it be a tree, rock, or a random skier.

Good luck

Unsolved Puzzle Chooses and Attacks
    The Arbiter Attacks Second
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 13th July 2007 at 05:17 PM.

Junior Trainer

ok lets go Purrs , my female Glameow, your agility should be enogh to survive on this mountain.

ok purrs, use double team , then a furry swipes, then if Flaaffy isnt already down, then hit it with Assurance, if it is down however, just chill out

double team ~ furry swipes ~ Assurance / chill out
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Ferdinand, you've done well; Cheesey would be proud. Now let's go down fighting, shall we? For starters Double Team is gonna be useless in the oncoming storm; even if it isn't, she's gonna make herself apparent by attacking you anyway. As she attempts to use Double Team, Charge up once more, Ferdinand. Then, when she comes at you with Fury Swipes, I want you to leap away and fire off a powerful Thunderbolt!

Charge / Dodge / Thunderbolt

-Grey
    -Grey

Advanced Trainer

two on two
    Mountain Side

Purrs
    Glameow
    Double Team ~ Fury Swipes ~ Assurance

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 8%
    MP: 57%
    Safeguard: 1 Actions
    Charge Effect: Spec. Def. +1
    Charge ~ Dodge ~ Thunderbolt

With two seconds of being released, the arena is suddenly white. Both Pokemon can barely see each other, and it is impossible to hear. Flaaffy ducks; watching awestruck as a giant log rolls over him, inches away from his head. Staying concentrated, he once again charges himself up (2 ENG @ Ferdinand). Purrs however attempts to summon clones (2 ENG @ Purrs), yet they are blown away by the current of the snow.

Flaaffy gets ready, a blur of grey appears before him, and suddenly there are claws (3 ENG @ Purrs). Using a substantial amount of energy, Flaaffy leaps back into the main current of the avalanche, dodging rocks, trees, and… Was that Chris 2.0? Nah, just a slip of the eye (6 ENG @ Ferdinand).

Now forced a bit downhill, Flaaffy just manages to spot a Glameow carefully making her way down. Ferdinand’s body sparks and glows firing off a thunderbolt that arches and gives Purrs a good shock (17 DMG @ Purrs, 3 ENG @ Ferdinand). Purrs hisses and bravely leaps through the current her body glowing with dark energy. She slams into Ferdinand, doing light damage (5 DMG @ Ferdinand, 2 ENG @ Purrs).

Purrs
    Glameow
    HP: 83%
    MP: 93%

Ferdinand
    Flaaffy
    HP: 3%
    MP: 46%
    Charge: Double Electric Power, Spec. Def. +2

You're a trooper, Ferdinand. I'm gonna withdraw you for now, as you have surpassed my expectations justly.

In his stead, I will summon my next pokemon - Baradiel, my sneasel.

Baradiel, let's get things started by using Swords Dance! Then, let's get a Hail storm going. Finish out the round with Ice Punch! If she tries Fury Swipes again, however, Counter it instead.

Swords Dance / Hail / Ice Punch
    Counter
    -Grey
    -Grey

Junior Trainer

ok glameow, while Sneasel is danceing use a Hypnosis, if for some reason the avalanch dosnt permit it, use a flash instead. then end with a combo, use quick attack to gain speed, then when u are close enogh to the Sneasal use shadow claw, if you do not get to use shadow claw, use your last action on water pulse.

Hypnosis / flash ~ quick attack + shadow claw / water pulse.
    MY ASB TEAM

-Gravmind (halo 2)

Hm... it would appear that Puzzle has left ASB indefinately...

-Grey
    -Grey