Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Gym Battle] Mew Master vs River (Ref: Crystal Tears)

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default [Gym Battle] Mew Master vs River (Ref: Crystal Tears)

River, I challenge you at your earliest convenience to test my prowess of Battling and to give me something to do.

If you accept then I shall hold nothing back. If you refuse.... then I'll go into the corner and sulk for a few hours.

Either way, it is your choice.

Later!
    Last edited by Mew Master; 2nd July 2007 at 03:35 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default Re: [Gym Battle] I Challenge River!

Of course I accept your challenge! Can't let you be getting bored now can we? Lol, The rules are such:

Pokémon: 4 VS 4, one out at a time. Once one Pokémon faints, the other is returned and the arena changes to the next season. Two new Pokémon then duke it out.
    DQ Time: One Week.
    Banned Moves: None.
    Arena: Mountain Lake

The battleground obviously is on the edge of a lake. The lake is in a small, forested valley in the middle of a mountain range. The lake is shaped almost like a deform mushroom and the 'top' is bordered by mountains that climb steeply upwards. Three small plateaus are up here, two capable of fitting two average sized Pokémon (say Suicune size) and one, just one. The two 'undersides' of the mushroom top have very old rock formations. Basically rough, dark grey stone that is very hard to break and makes for tough going for any Pokémon attempting to run on them. They are very low to the ground and do not get higher then your waist when standing on the grass.

The lake has three clearings adjacent to it. The mountains, rock and forest surround the one to the bottom left. The top right is between the lake, mountains, forest and rock. The last and largest field is along the 'bottom' of the mushroom. It has the lake, rocks on both sides and forest along the rest of it. The Gym Match starts here.

During the battle the arena cycles through the seasons. It starts in winter and when one Pokémon faints, the season changes. In winter, Ice type moves get a boost. In spring-Grass, summer-Fire and fall-Water. After one Pokémon faints, the arena changes seasons. The weather changes as well, in winter in snows (Hail) once every four turns. The same goes for the rest of the seasons, spring (Rain), summer (Sunny) and fall (Rain). You can change the weather all you like in between those four turns, but you can't make the arena weather change during the turn it's present. Also, you can't make it snow in summer or rain in winter.

Arena Picture. It's basic but if you need a better idea, there ya go.

Yesh I bolded the winter stuff as that's the season we start our battle. Let's you sort out the important bit for this round. Anyway, I'll choose first and as soon as the new Poké is approved I'll battle you with:

Tyrus
    ♂ Cloyster (Shiny)
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot

Master Trainer

Default Re: [Gym Battle] Mew Master vs River (Ref: ???)

I understand how your arena works, I did a bit of reading in your Gym Leader Profile so I'm not rushing into things head-first without a bit of fore-warning.

Okay, let's go! I'll see your Cloyster and raise you an Eevee!

Go get'em Liger!

Liger
    Eevee, Male

Okay Liger, start things off with a nice little Double Team, then get in close with a Quick Attack. I don't expect you to do much damage to that hard shell, but that's the plan. Then hit 'em hard with an Iron Tail!

Double Team~Quick Attack~Iron Tail
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Just to point something out... 4 vs 4 isn't the best idea if you're going to use the "best of a number of matchups" setup. Meaning the whole thing about one pokemon getting KO'd, both are recalled and new ones sent out (and I assume the match is decided by whoever wins more of those "sets"). 4 vs 4 could potentially resault in a tie, if both win 2 sets.
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

Master Trainer

Doesn't matter to me, and besides it's River's Gym she gets to lay down the Ground Rules... besides I really only had a Max of 4 PKMN on my team when I made the topic because of lack of points and wins lately.. <-<
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yesh good point, but I was planning on having the HP's added up if it results in that and the person with the highest remaining HP wins. I'd like it as a 4v4 cause of the seasons.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master of Electricity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ah, yah. That'd work. Sorry for interupting, carry on
    Master of Electricity
    Credits for the awesome banner go to Saffire Persian

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Quite alright, feel free to interrupt if I make a bugger of a boo-boo, lol. Anywho . . .

Wel Tyrus that wee Poké will have some trouble moving in the snow. So, first I want you to boost your already mighty defense with a Iron Defense. Then get rid of those doubles with a Swift, and after he hits you with Iron Tail, drop a Avalanche on his head.

Iron Defense/Swift/Avalanche
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

*uses classic Ref Trap complete with box-on-a-stick using points and shiny bottle caps as bait*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

*trapped in the box* ... Let me out... pweese?

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH
    Seasons: Mountain Lake

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    HP: 100%
    MP: 100%
    Iron Defense ~ Swift ~ Avalanche

Liger
    Eevee
    Double Team ~ Quick Attack ~ Iron Tail

IT’S COLD. Freezing winds whip across the snow covered field and make snow funnels dance across the icy surface of the lake. Reports are coming in that a fierce storm is on the horizon, but neither competitor seems to care, they’re more focused on the battle about to take place: a mystical gym match between her Majesty River, and the lowly peasant Mew Master.

Tyrus growls, the cold environment is dear to him, he loves to feel the chilling flakes of frozen water on his shell and face. But what makes him happier is a little Eevee freezing its tail off. Liger groans, shivering as he splits into four copies of himself (3 ENG @ Liger). Tyrus rolls his eyes, like lightning he slams his shell shut, and allows a silver coat of metal to run over it (5 ENG @ Tyrus), increasing it’s width and makes it even the more harder to penetrate.

Second action kicks off with Liger zooming forward; he hits the shell hard (2 DMG @ Tyrus, 2 ENG @ Liger), but alas, does little damage to Tyrus. The shell opens a crack, letting the evil eye of Tyrus shine through. The copies have vanished, but all the same, the Cloyster lets loose five golden stars that slice into Liger (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus) and make him back up a bit.

The little Eevee is on an all out offensive, he recovers quickly from the swift attack and races forward. He does a loop in the air as his tail glimmers and turns to solid metal. With a resounding ‘whump’ the iron tail slams hard into Tyrus’s shell (8 DMG @ Tyrus, 4 ENG @ Liger). Tyrus begins to chuckle, the snow mound behind him steadily grows before it’s magically forced clean off him, and down right on top of poor Liger (13 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus)! The little Eevee is carried back about three feet before the avalanche finally subsides.

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    HP: 90%
    MP: 89%
    Iron Shell: Def +2

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 81%
    MP: 91%
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 2nd July 2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Iron Defense and Damage Calculation Error

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ok let's use a Secret Power followed by a Hail and finish with a Surf to swamp the Eevee or at least break up the ice on the surface.

Secret Power/Hail/Surf
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Okay Liger, time to show that over-grown clam what we're made of. This isn't going to be easy, but then again, it wouldn't be fun if it was.

Liger, start off by Diging underground.... er... undersnow, to dodge the Secret Power. Then while it's starting to hail, Wish and give yourself a heightened battle state. Finally when Tyrus starts to unleash the Surf, get out of the hole and use Bide to store the energy, then release it when the time's right!

Dig~Wish~Bide

It should work... in theory. But what's theory without a little experimentation.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    HP: 90%
    MP: 89%
    Secret Power ~ Hail ~ Surf

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 81%
    MP: 91%
    Dig ~ Wish ~ Bide

After the first unsettling round, Liger decides to switch tactics. He hastily begins to dig into the snow, quickly disappearing underneath (4 ENG @ Liger). Tyrus shows no regard for the evasive move and fires a pure white beam towards the etrance of the hole. The searing energy cuts through the snow, but alas, hits no one (3 ENG @ Tyrus).

Now its time for a bit of a weather change in the Cloyster’s favour. Tyrus clamps his shell shut and concentrates. His mind reaches out and willing urges the coming storm to arrive here a bit earlier. As he open’s his shell a crack again, he can see the deep grey clouds hanging over the field. The temperature plummets even farther as ice chunks fail from the sky, they cut into the snow, and few manage to ‘tonk’ Liger on the head (3 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). However, despite his small headache, Liger is able to concentrate enough to make a very powerful wish (4 ENG @ Liger). The Eevee can feel his senses being taken a step up. He’s ready for anything now.

As the hail continues to pour down, Liger pops out of his hole. He can’t tell when it’s coming underneath, so he has to see. Chunks of ice bash his little body (4 DMG @ Liger), but he is biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment. Tyrus, seeing his opponent above the snow, grins wickedly. His evil eyes glow a deep, mysterious blue just as the ice on the lake lets out numerous cracking noises. Ice pieces fly away as uncontrollable water spouts from the holes and cracks (3 ENG @ Tyrus). Alas, it takes to much time to get the water beyond that, so Tyrus must end the attack there. Liger blinks, what is he to do? He unleashes what little energy he built up from the hail and fires towards Tyrus in the form of a white sphere, it strikes Tyrus, but doesn’t seem to do much. (6 DMG @ Tyrus, 3 ENG @ Liger).

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    HP: 84%
    MP: 80%
    Hail: 5 Actions

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 74%
    Wish: SpecAtk. +2 for 4 Actions

Master Trainer

Okay Liger. If we've got one thing on our side, it's speed and mobility. Tynus is water-bound, so that gives us a bit of an edge.

Okay, with your heightened state, let's go with a Quick Slam (Quick Attack + Body Slam Combo), then as you're in close, hit the Cloyster with an Iron Tail. If at any point he tries to raise defenses, use Screech to break his concentration, and any Beams he might shoot at you, Bide through them!

Quick Attack + Body Slam~Iron Tail (Subs: Screech, Bide)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Default Re: [Gym Battle] Mew Master vs River (Ref: Crystal Tears)

Hmm alright let's do this. As he comes for the two attack combo, be creul. Use Barrier and let see him slam into the nice flat wall. *cough* Um yes then, when he comes around for the Iron Tail, use Surf to sweep that Eevee out into the lake. With no actions left for the Eevee, use another Iron Defense.

Barrier/Surf/Iron Defense
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    Barrier ~ Surf ~ Iron Defense

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 74%
    Wish: SpecAtk. +2 for 4 Actions
    Quick Attack + Body Slam ~ Iron Tail

Liger changes tactics again, he realizes that this menace cannot be defeated by pure blunt attacks alone, he must try to form some sort of strategy to crack the hard shell of Cloyster. And what better way then to combine to blunt attacks to create a more powerful and faster blunt attack? Liger zooms across the field, and leaps (5 ENG @ Liger). But with a loud and painfully ‘whump’ Liger slams head face into a clear panel of glass (5 ENG @ Tyrus). He slides down it, looking like a squashed spider until he falls onto his back. The Hail pouring down again deals damage to poor little Liger (3 DMG @ Liger).

Sparkling stars and wobbling Cloysters mark the foundation of a dazed Eevee. He shakes his head, which is pounding from the recent encounter. He groans, glaring at Tyrus who smirks. Just as planned, Liger runs forward, his tail turning to steel (5 ENG @ Liger). However, unexpectedly, the lake seems to live! The water rises and rips across the beach, curling around Tyrus to make the bend and then heading for Liger. The poor kitsune had ‘Oh sweet Jesus’ plastered on his face as the water slammed into him. Ice chunks and the freezing temperature adding to the damage (14 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). The water continues to push little Liger until he is, in fact, floating in the icy lake, the Eevee cringes as the hail even pounds him there (3 DMG @ Liger).

Free to do whatever he wants, Tyrus clamps his shell shut once again and coats it again with iron (5 ENG @ Tyrus). Contently he listens to the yelp of Liger as the hail rains down again (4 DMG @ Liger).

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 67%
    Iron Shell: Def +4
    Hail: 2 Actions

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 50%
    MP: 70%
    Wish: SpecAtk. +2 for 1 Actions
    Extremely Cold

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ok, since the Eevee is currently out in the lake, use a Surf on him and then Dive into the lake. Hit him finally with Swift. If he tries a Bide, you use Bide the instant the attack comes to just launch it back.

Surf/Dive/Swift
    Sub: Bide
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Liger! Things aren't looking too good are they?

Hmmm... We've got a large body of water coming in at us? Fine, then use it. Mimic the Surf to take you up, out, and back onto dry land. While he dives down, lets get some sun going with a Sunny Day. Finally after the Swift hits you, spew some Toxic down into the lake and poison it.

Mimic (Surf)~Sunny Day~Toxic (After Swift)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 67%
    Surf ~ Dive ~ Swift
    Bide

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 50%
    MP: 70%
    Extremely Cold
    Mimic ~ Sunny Day ~ Toxic

Round four begins quite oddly, the storm that has tearing poor Liger apart is beginning to dissipate, but alas, just as that hail storm seems to becoming to an end, rolling over the trees and mountains is a considerably larger hail storm. The parts of the sky that were visible vanish under a thick blanket of grey clouds. And a heavier hail storm begins.

Liger cringes, the hail pounds on his body harder then before (5 DMG @ Liger), and the sub zero temperatures of the lake are beginning to set in. Liger chokes and gurgles on the water as he struggles onto a small ice float. There he lies, eyeing his opponent who ever so slightly open’s his shell. Tyrus smirks and his eyes glow blue once again. The water level in the middle of the lake plummets for an instance, letting three giant waters rise above. Liger, despite being terrified, watches carefully. His eyes glow as bright as the sun as all three waves come crashing down on him, submerging the poor Eevee (13 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). Tyrus laughs cruelly, opening his shell further to see the lake calm down, with no little Eevee on the surface. But as suddenly as Liger disappears, he reappears. A stream of water rocks from the center of the lake, propelling the kitsune out of the lake and onto the snowy beach side (3 ENG @ Liger).

Tyrus doesn’t know what to think, he stares at the soaking and rather cold Eevee before clamping his shell shut again. Defying all logic, Tyrus is able to leap off the ground and ‘dive’ into the lake (3 ENG @ Tyrus). As he disappears, Liger realizes he needs warmth. Concentrating as hard as he can, he calls out to the sun (5 ENG @ Liger). But alas, as another rain of hail slams into him (4 DMG @ Liger).

Liger shivers, ice crystals are forming on his fur now, making his feet harder to move. He stares at the water, waiting for another. When suddenly five golden stars rip from the surface and slash into the poor Eevee’s skin (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). Now knowing nothing is coming his way, he ignores the light hail from the fading storm (2 DMG @ Liger), and spews a god awful purple goo into the lake (3 ENG @ Liger). However, there’s just too much water and not enough poison, and the lake remains safe.

The hail storm that has terrorized Liger for what seems like an eternity, fades away…

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 58%
    Under Water

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 30%
    MP: 59%
    Extremely Cold
    Mimic: Surf

Master Trainer

Liger, it's gonna get harder from here on in, first things first, you need to defrost.

Bolt outta there, you need to get some distance away from that Cloyster's water attacks, and with you as cold as you are, that's bad news. Take cover behind a Tree or giant boulder. Then, curl up and Rest, you need the health back, plus it'll let your fur defrost.

Quick Attack (to run out of range)~Hide (behind a tree/boulder)~Rest (curling up and covering nose with tail)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*hums* Oh I'm cruel and I know it, but I'm not afriad to show it. *blink* What? ^^'

Alright you stay right where you are as well. First use a Hail, go to the surface if you must. Then let yourself sink back down and use two Swift's.

Hail/Swift x Two
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 58%
    Under Water
    Hail ~ Swift ~ Swift

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 30%
    MP: 59%
    Extremely Cold
    Quick Attack ~ Hide ~ Rest

Liger is shivering! This climate isn’t ideal for him, in fact is the farthest you could get. He sees an aqua beam shoot from the lake up into the sky, very similar to what happened before the… Eevee’s eyes widen as the thick grey clouds begin to move closer, summon, he watches, stunned as the lake water begins to ripple as hail chunks fall from the sky (3 ENG @ Tyrus). Liger turns tail, picking up tremendous speed (2 ENG @ Liger). He makes it to what seems like safe ground, but the horrible hail chunks find him and slam into his body (3 DMG @ Liger).

The little Eevee begins look around. His tired eyes drooping as hypothermia starts to close it around him. Liger groans as five super sharp stars slice into his skin again (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). He eventually finds ‘it’ (2 ENG @ Liger), a hiding place, nestled inside the tangled roots of an old tree with a few rocks covering the gaps, keeping most of the cold out.

Liger’s body temperature begins to rise.

Tyrus, from deep below on the lake bed, opens his shell ever so slightly and lets another group of stars go flying. They tear through the water, rip across the air and home in on Liger. Quickly they stab into him (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus), but the little Eevee doesn’t care, he’s safe from the hail, and most of Tyrus’s horrible attack.s With a mighty yawn, Liger lies down and goes to sleep (5 ENG @ Liger). Miraculously, the deep state of sleep let’s the kitsune’s healing process begin, and some of the cuts on his body heal (12 HP @ Liger).

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 49%
    Under Water

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 27%
    MP: 50%
    Warming Up
    Rest: 12 HP Each Action

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*tis annoyed* Eh just keep hitting him with Swift as that's about all you can do. Eventually he'll wake up.

Swift x Three
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Liger, good job, Tysus has to use a bit of energy to get those stars to you.

Keep sleeping as much as you can. If you wake up it's time to switch tactics. Baton Pass to Tsuki-Yomi (Ralts, Female, Shiny) the moment you wake up. I know you don't wanna run from the fight but it's my fault you're mismatched against this thing in the first place, so I'm gonna have Tysus face something else.

Baton Pass if woken up.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 3rd July 2007 at 04:12 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 49%
    Under Water
    Swift ~ Swift ~ Swift

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 27%
    MP: 50%
    Warming Up
    Sleep
    Baton Pass

Next round begins, Tyrus unleashes the stars again, that find Liger and slice into him (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus), however, the healing effect kicks in, closing the recent wounds and some old ones (12 HP @ Liger, +2 ENG @ Liger).

Tyrus unleashes the stars again, that find Liger and cut into him (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus), however, the healing effect kicks in, closing the recent wounds and some old ones (12 HP @ Liger, +2 ENG @ Liger). However, this time Liger stirs in his sleep. Those stars are proving to be annoying.

Tyrus unleashes the stars again, that find Liger and slice into him (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus), however, the healing effect kicks in, closing the recent wounds and some old ones (12 HP @ Liger, +2 ENG @ Liger). Liger rolls over now, in a very light sleep.

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 40%
    Under Water

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 45%
    MP: 56%

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*ponders this* Hmm, this just on the edge of breaking the rule of battling until one Pokémon faints. I did say no banned attacks though . . . Well I guess it's alright but you'll have to send the Eevee back in later. As he is now on your roster of Pokémon for this fight.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

Pretty sure that's how it works for every match Baton Pass is in... I could be wrong though.

Master Trainer

Yes, that's how Baton Pass is used according to the Attack Dex.

Baton Pass: The user switches out, but does not faint like normal. The user’s trainer sends out another pokémon from their collection, which gets the benefits of all of the user’s stat boosts, positive and negative (basically, anything that goes away with time, referee’s adjudication). The pokémon that is switched out is “locked in” as a battler in this particular battle and must be sent out again before the battle ends. This move cannot be used by the last unfainted pokémon on a team. This is the only legal way (barring special sig moves) to switch out a pokémon midbattle without fainting it. Once Baton Pass is used, the rest of the round is aborted and all ensuing attacks are canceled. The next round continues as normal. Excellent accuracy.

Don't worry, I plan on using Liger in another match-up even though he'll be at a huget disadvantage.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Yeah, it's a 4 on 4 so you can't keep going, 'Erg this is bad. Return!' and never use them again. The battle would go on forever.

EDIT: Jeez, reply slower! Lol.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Trust me River.. I woudln't break the move like that. I play fair...what? I do. Um... It's my turn to attack.

Liger. Second verse, same as the first. Little bit better, little bit worse.

Keep sleeping until you wake up then use Baton Pass to shift with Tsuki-yomi.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Alright go to the surface, or edge of the lake and use Swift until he wakes up. If there are actions left, watch where he comes out of. If Ralts is released on the normal field (and not the hidden spot), spew a Toxic at him. Then relax if there are any turns left. If he is released to the hidden spot, sink back down and Relax.

Swift until switch out/Toxic or Relax/Relax
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 40%
    Under Water
    Swift ~ Toxic ~ Relax

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 45%
    MP: 56%
    Sleep
    Baton Pass

Thoroughly intent on this battle continuing on at a pace that is worth even paying attention to, Tyrus, Lord of the Lake, lets another group of sharp stars fly. Liger, intent on sleeping, turns over, dreaming sweet things and gaining back some health (12 HP @ Liger, +2 ENG @ Liger). But alas, the quick and skilful stars slice into his skin, waking him from his slumber (6 DMG @ Liger, 3 ENG @ Tyrus).

Liger concentrates, focusing all his attentions on escaping this icy prison. His body glows white and suddenly he disappears (6 ENG @ Liger). Reappearing on the edge of the lake is a small sparkling Ralts who yawns and shivers at the cold.

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 37%
    Under Water

Liger
    Eevee
    HP: 51%
    MP: 52%

I’ll post Tsuki-Yomi’s stats next round. Just left Liger’s up there for you to see.
    Last edited by Crystal Tears; 7th July 2007 at 11:44 PM.

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Right, oops I didn't realize it was my turn. Oo''' Anyway . . Tyrus go hide in the bottom of the lake somewhere and just gain back some energy.

Relax x Three
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Master Trainer

Okay Tsuki, time to make that clam pay for hurting Liger that badly. What? I'm already guilty don't make me feel any worse!

Okay, here's what we're doing. How about a Teleport Barrage... Take a deep breath.

Teleport right next to Tysus, sense out his relaxing emotions. Then Teleport both of you about.... 100 feet off the ground far away from the lake yet within the arena itself. Then Let the Cloyster Free-fall, while you Teleport back down to the ground and watch as Tysus comes carrening into the earth.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    MP: 37%
    Under Water
    Relax ~ Relax ~ Relax

Tsuki Yomi
    Ralts
    Teleport ~ Teleport ~ Teleport

A new warrior emerges to challenge the Lord of the Lake. The Lord however, is content to do nothing and restore some energy as he secretly goes over his new plans (+5 ENG @ Tyrus). Yomi however, goes over a rather daring scheme and sets it into action. Despite the hail storm that has blown in once again (5 DMG @ Yomi) She scans the surroundings with her mind, and her mind links with another for just a moment. Focusing her mind, she holds her breath and vanishes with an orange flash (4 ENG @ Yomi).

A few meters away from a hidden Tyrus, an orange flash signals Yomi. The water hits her harder then a Steelix's iron tail could've. Tyrus doesn't move, instead he ignores the nuisance that has attempted to invade his habitat and relaxes once more (+5 ENG @ Tyrus). Yomi looks around, the cold water makes it difficult to focus, desperately she swims towards the largest shadow she can see and touches it. Focusing as much as she can, the orange energy surrounds her just as she runs out of air (4 ENG @ Yomi). With a flash, she's gone.

The air high above the ground wavers and with an orange flash, Tsuki-Yomi and the shadow figure reappear. However, the shadowy figure is not Tyrus, who is still sitting in the lake relaxing (+5 ENG @ Tyrus). Yomi is furious, but she's falling. She focuses and teleports once again (4 ENG @ Yomi) beside the rather large rock that's slimy and green. She groans, as she's freezing, miserable and the hail is pummelling her again (5 DMG @ Yomi).

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    Under Water

Tsuki Yomi
    Ralts
    HP: 91%
    MP: 88%
    Cold

Master Trainer

Okay, so that didn't work out quite as planned, let's try something else.

Start off with a Psychic to crush the Cloyster's mind. Then send off two consecutive Shockwaves down to catch him and counter that Swift that's been bursting out of the water. If Tysus rises to the surface, Use Psychic to immobilize then play pinball with those trees over there

Psychic~Shockwave~Shockwave (Sub: Psychic Pinball)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Okles, let's try this Tyrus:

Use a Surf to drag our foe into the water and toss him about. With that cold water hopefully we'll shock the daylights out of him and he'll be unable to concentrate on Psychic. Then, come up and get close enough to inflict him with Toxic. You may take damage from Shockwave but make sure you get close enough to hit him. Then, as you sink back down, use Hail.

Surf/Toxic/Hail
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Oops, sorry MM, didn't realize that Yomi was a she. Apologies *bows*.
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*

Advanced Trainer

River versus Mew Master
    GYM MATCH

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    Under Water
    Surf ~ Toxic ~ Hail

Tsuki Yomi
    Ralts
    HP: 91%
    MP: 88%
    Psychic ~ Shockwave ~ Shockwave
    Cold

The storm stops and Yomi is left to concentrate on the battle. She begins to seek out the emotions of Tyrus, and presumes she found him when she is overwhelmed by a chilling sensation with a sick sense of cruelty. She concentrates, her psychic powers bending to will as she lashes out, attack Tyrus’s mind (11 DMG @ Tyrus, 3 ENG @ Yomi), but the retaliation is quick and decisive. The lake itself turns violent as its Lord tells it to fetch the psychic fighter. It rising up, swirling into a funnel that lashes across the land and attacks Tsuki-Yomi (12 DMG @ Yomi, 3 ENG @ Tyrus). The water holds Yomi is a cold, swirling grip and tugs her into the lake, leaving her on the surface of the icy pool.

Yomi shivers, the freezing temperatures are driving her insane. Concentrating, she sends a wave of electricity into the water, accidentally shocking herself and even managing to lightly hit Tyrus (6 DMG @ Yomi, 3 DMG @ Tyrus, 3 ENG @ Yomi). Soon after that, the Lord of the Lake rises up, his shell splitting open just enough for one of his eyes to becoming visible. Yomi’s eyes widen as she gazes into the darkness. Something is in there, watching her… She can sense the cruelty, the malice, dear lord; Tyrus is nothing short of a Sith Lord!! Spewed from the darkness is a disgusting purple goo splatters onto her (4 ENG @ Tyrus). She watches it soak into her skin, and then watches the shell shut, hiding whatever is inside.

Ice crystals have begun to form on Yomi’s skin. She watches the shell begin to sink. No! It can’t sink! Her mind reaches out, wrapping itself around Tyrus’s shell. Oh god he’s heavy, using all her might she makes him shoot out of the water. The thick shell is tightly closed when he hits the ‘pinball’ tree. However, it seems Yomi has underestimated just HOW heavy Cloyster is. The Tree snaps from the hit, and Tyrus goes flying onto a mountain platform that is large enough for two Pokemon (5 DMG @ Tyrus, 5 ENG @ Yomi). Tyrus’s shell skids to a stop and it’s on its side. None the less, Tyrus calls upon the heavens and makes it hail…. Again (4 DMG @ Yomi, 3 ENG @ Tyrus)

Tyrus
    Cloyster
    HP: 65%
    MP: 42%

Tsuki Yomi
    Ralts
    HP: 67%
    MP: 77%
    Freezing, Frigid, Cold… Very very very Cold… Slightly Drowning…
    Poisoned: 4 DMG

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

Ok, Tyrus while he get's out of the water, just take a turn to chill. If he stays in the lake though and tries some distance attacks, start a Whirlpool on him. Then if he's up near you, use a Ice Beam and a Icy Wind. If he stays far away, use Icy Wind and Swift.

Chill or Whirlpool/Ice Beam or Icy Wind/Icy Wind or Swift
    Whoot.
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

*through hiccups*