Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkestlight vs Crystal Tears (Ref: Mew Master)

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Darkestlight vs Crystal Tears (Ref: Mew Master)

I need a battle everyone.

I got two going on, and I'm reffing 4, and the two I got going are moving kinda.....slow. Something's gotta happen sooner or later xD.

So here are the details.

2 vs 2(1 at a time)

Banned Moves: Rest, Sub, Toxic, Destiny Bond, direct recovery moves and OHKO moves. If you wish to ban anything else, feel free.

Arena: Mel-Kava

A enormous living flying fortress. Seated upon clouds that obscure the distance between the sky and the planet below, this ship has flown over the sea for eons. We will be fighting along the edge of a chute where one watches waste be jettisoned out of the ship. As such, enormous Pokemon cannot battle here.

There are three levels to fight on, so if you fall off the highest, you have a chance to save yourself by catching yourself on the other levels. If you fall completely off the lowest level, the wind is so strong it sucks you out the ship-so not even the best fliers cannot regain themselves without assistance. You will lose 20% health, and Ho-oh will fly you back up to the highest level.

Whereas Fliers seem to have it easy, they also have to watch for waste particles being jettisoned. This happens every other turn at the ref's decision to when it starts.

I'll be using my Male Gabite; G-Unit!
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 25th June 2007 at 07:16 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Me me!!!

Hey, I'll battle you!

I choose Vivi!

Vibrava
    Vivi
    Male

I assume I'm attacking first.

Vivi, quickly use a gust to try and disorientate it, then use earthquake. Finally, as it tries to regain its balance, use dragon pulse.

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Guess what.... you have a Ref now.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Veteran Trainer

Great! No bribes! ::Throws MM many M&M's (Honestly who DIDN'T see that coming...)::

Alright! G-unit! Let's take this to the skies. Fly up and use that gust. With some good Dragon energy mixed in, it'll make a great Twister to throw back at Vivi

Follow up by flying up and landing a Dragon Claw on Vivi so hard it slams him into a wall.

Well hehe, we got two mid-dragons, let's let loose our own Dragon Pulse, see how well we can go toe-to toe.

Twister (Turn Vivi's Gust against her)~Dragon Claw~Dragon Pulse (OMG DBZ BEam Battlez!!!!)

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: Rest, Subsitute, Toxic, Destiny Bond, Direct Healers, One-Hit KO’s
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: OO vs. OO
    Theme: 8 Second Ride (Chris LeDoux)

G-Unit (Gabite, Male, Team DarkestLight)
    HP: 100
    MP: 100
    Twister~Dragon Claw~Dragon Pulse

Vivi (Vibrava, Male, Shiny, Crystal Tears)
    Gust~Earthquake~Dragon Pulse

The Arena

Mel-Kava

A enormous living flying fortress. Seated upon clouds that obscure the distance between the sky and the planet below, this ship has flown over the sea for eons. We will be fighting along the edge of a chute where one watches waste be jettisoned out of the ship. As such, enormous Pokémon cannot battle here.

There are three levels to fight on, so if you fall off the highest, you have a chance to save yourself by catching yourself on the other levels. If you fall completely off the lowest level, the wind is so strong it sucks you out the ship-so not even the best fliers cannot regain themselves without assistance. You will lose 20% health, and Ho-oh will fly you back up to the highest level.

Whereas Fliers seem to have it easy, they also have to watch for waste particles being jettisoned. This happens every other turn at the ref's decision to when it starts.

Ready! FIGHT!

Whoa! What’s with the weather here, as the Ref seems to be clawing into the side of the arena next to the trash disposal. Held fast to their safe positions on various parts of the ship, and why we’re by the garbage chute is anyone’s guess.

DL starts off by releasing a Gabite, who doesn’t look too happy, and Crystal Tears unleashes her Vibrava. Two Dragon Pokémon on an air-ship… why do I get the feeling this will end badly for everyone?

Vibrating his wings, Vivi starts to use the swirling wind and creates a blast of wind that’s sent right at G-Unit (
    -4). Roaring with a dragon’s rage, G-Unit lets the attack hit him as he starts spinning, blue-green energy melding with the wind and creating a small tornado (-3, -6) and sending it right back at Vivi! (-4).

Taking this opportunity, G-Unit rushes towards Vivi, draconic energy swirling around his claws (
    -7), landing a hard strike, Vivi gets slammed back (-9). Pushing himself back up, Vivi starts to vibrate his wings with his feet strongly attatched to the fortress under him (-12). The vibrations travel along the entire-ship, and soon the floating fortress itself becomes unstable, shaking everyone and knocking the Ref off from his perch and sending him careening down to the earth below. G-Unit, however gets knocked back into his own wall from the “seismic” shockwave(-8).

Growling at each other, the two Dragon Pokémon send aqua-colored beams of radiance right at each other (
    -8/-8). The energy builds, conflicting energies being pushed between the two Dragons until enough energy gathers and there’s an explosion on the fortress, leaving both Pokémon burnt and scuffed (-7/-7).

With no appearance of the Ref… damn that’s a long fall… Round 1 is over!

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP: 82
    MP: 79

HP: 80
    MP: 76
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly.

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Using a previously made attack caused G-Unit to burn more energy to twist it back on Vivi. Chute is weakened structurally due to Earthquake and the shockwave from the dual Dragon Pulse.

DarkestLight Attacks first.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Darkestlight vs Crystal Tears (Ref: Mew Master)

Hrm...Well, crap, I don't wanna kill our ref...

Vigil, go get her!

Anyway, back to this! G, Rock Tomb that Vibrava down to a lower level. While its falling, go for a Dragon Rush. Then while its disoriented, scale back up to safety and relax. If you get attacked in the last round, fight back with a Dragon Claw

Rock Tomb~Dragon Rush~ Relax
    Sub: Dragon Claw if attacked

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Go get her? *giggle fit* Mew Master’s a guy…

Vivi, we’re doing well but we have to do better. Use faint attack to avoid that rock tomb and attack Gabite. Then, it needs to get close to use dragon rush, lets see how it likes this. Try dragon pulse again, blast that thing away. Then lets see it try to attack use while its trapped on a rock tomb.

Master Trainer

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: Rest, Subsitute, Toxic, Destiny Bond, Direct Healers, One-Hit KO’s

HP: 82
    MP: 79
    Rock Tomb~Dragon Rush~Relax (Sub: Dragon Claw)

HP: 80
    MP: 76
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly.
    Faint Attack~Dragon Pulse~Rock Tomb

The Arena

Mel-Kava

A enormous living flying fortress. Seated upon clouds that obscure the distance between the sky and the planet below, this ship has flown over the sea for eons. We will be fighting along the edge of a chute where one watches waste be jettisoned out of the ship. As such, enormous Pokémon cannot battle here.

Ready! FIGHT!

As a startled Pidgey flies up alongside Rayquaza to bring the Ref back to the air ship, DarkestLight does find out that the Ref, is indeed, Male. So let’s get Round 2 started!

Growling, G-Unit stomps the ground hard, causing metal panels to jut up around where the Vibrava should be (
    -7). He smirks to himself in his accomplishment, as the other Dragon Pokémon should be stuck good. However, that thought is shattered as the Gabite hears a slight buzzing and is then thwacked by a suddenly appearing Vivi (-6/-3).

Growling, G-Unit starts to gain an aura of draconic energy just as Vivi charges up his own attack (
    -8/-8). Dashing forward, the Gabite jumps and then archs down as the Vibrava prepares to unleash the draconic energy. There’s a sudden rumble as the base of the garbage chute opens and massive collections of trash, scrap, random objects and a few skeletons come bursting forth onto the chute. Chrashing into Vivi, it sends the Dragon-Ground Pokémon careening down onto the third lowest level, barely hanging on (-6 (Environmental Hazards)). The Gabite on the other hand…. Dives right into the river of trash, and getting swept away by it, his draconic aura being snuffed out as the fortress purges itself. It appears that G-Unit disappeared with the discharge, but there he is! On the second lowest level, the one above Vivi (-7 (Environmental Hazards))!

Pulling himself away from the edge of the second level, G-Unit lays on his back, taking a quick breather (
    +5). That’s perfect for Vivi’s plan. Directly below G-Unit, the Vibrava vibrates its wings and then jumps up, careful not to snag too much of the wind in his wings, slamming into the paneling under the Gabite, panel sections uplift and partly surround the Dragon Pokémon as he lays there, breathing heavily (-8).

Sitting on the Rayquaza’s head the Ref calls the second Round finished!

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP: 72
    MP: 69
    Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Mostly encased by panels of the level he’s on.

HP: 74
    MP: 52
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash.

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns.

Crystal Tears Attacks first.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 26th June 2007 at 03:50 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

::Calls Pidgey back:: Heh...hi Rayquaza n_n;;..and uhh yeah, I knew you were a guy. Just testin' ya -Vulpix... yeah..*whistle* ;;;¬¬

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Alright Vivi! Good work! Now, quickly use earthquake to hurt Gabite further, then quickly use Double Team. That should give you some protection. Then relax on your final turn, if he tries to attack you, avoid and counter with faint attack.

Veteran Trainer

G!

You can deal with this. Since you are encumbered with things, let's get them off! Just burst out of them, and FLING them at Vivi. Then Poison Jab that flier, that'll knock her silly a bit. Finally, since she wants to Relax, let's let her. Swords Dance up a bit, so we can end this quicker.

Fling~Poison Jab~Swords Dance

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Mostly encased by panels of the level he’s on.
    Fling (Panels)~Poison Jab~Swords Dance

Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash.
    Earthquake~Double Team~Relax (Sub: Faint Attack)

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Ready! FIGHT!

A massive fortress in the clouds. Is it Final Fantasy? It’s Pokémon, but it might as well be FF at this rate for Round 3.

With a buzz and a telepathic boost, Vivi causes the entire structure to shake, rattle, and roll (
    -11)! This does get G-Units attention as the rattling around him causes the panels encasing him fall ontop of him (-7). A snarl, growl, and several grumbles I’d rather not repeat, G-Unit pushes those said panels off of him, save for one that he clutches between his clawed hands. Stomping over to the edge of the level he’s on, he flings the massive metal panel like a Frisbee right at Vivi, which slams into him hard (-8/-7)!

Just a whee bit disoriented from the steel panel smacking into him, Vivi shakes his head and gets back into the game as he starts to glow and then multiple versions of him split off from the main one (
    -6). Grabbing the edge of the second level, G-Unit swings down to attack Vivi on the third, his claws dripping with slick ooze (-7). He doesn’t expect to see half a dozen copies of the Ground/Draogn buzzing back at him. Confused as who to hit, G-Unit strikes one of the clones, and it dissolves after contact, as do the rest of the clones. Revealing Vivi.

Snarling under his breath, G-Unit starts an intricate dance to bring forth his inner strength (
    -5 ATK +). Vivi, however, decides to sit and breathe regaining some of his spent energy (+5).

So there goes Round 3 of this FF Rip-of—Er! I mean… Battle ^^U

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

HP: 65
    MP: 49

HP: 67
    MP: 40

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns.

~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Draw him out G!
    Give out a omnidirectional Dragon Pulse.

Lunge after with a Aerial Ace, we can't afford to miss, and then really hit things off with another Dragon Claw.

Dragon Pulse~Aerial Ace~Dragon Claw

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Omnidirectional… is a daunting word when you’re quickly skimming the post…

Vivi, use a rock tomb to trap G-unit again and force him to waste his attack blowing the tomb away. Wait until after Ariel ace hits, then use Strength to throw the annoying opponent clear off the battlefield. If it works and he’s flung off, take time to charge up a hyper beam and greet him with it when he comes back on, if he doesn’t, do your best to dodge that dragon claw and hit him with a Dragon Pulse.

Master Trainer

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

Dragon Pulse~Areal Ace~Dragon Claw

Rock Tomb~Strength~Hyper Beam (Sub: Dragon Pulse)

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Ready! FIGHT!

Sitting on a Rayquaza’s head isn’t that bad… once you get past the bumps poking you in various places.

The Rounds off to a booming start, as Vivi pounds the level, releasing a seismic wave that crashes around G-Unit, uplifting several panels to encase him (
    -8. The Gabite, not one to be intimidated charges up an expanse of draconic energy and unleashes it at the panel directly between him and Vivi (-7). The blast blows apart one of the panels, making a nice door, and sending shrapnel and residual Dragon energy flying out in a cone ([b]-6 (Shrapnel, with Draconic Energy)).

Roaring, G-Unit takes to the skies, unfolding his wings and using the air currents to try and make it to Vivi (
    -7). He connects onto the Vibrava dealing some damage (-5, -6), but is instead picked up and chucked over the edge!

Vivi can hear the screaming of the Dragon/Ground Pokémon and its flapping wings (
    -20. With that he starts to charge up energy in her mouth (-15). He comes back onto the level, carried by a majestic looking Ho-oh, and is greeted by a blowing beam of energy! Vivi Releases the pent-up Energy right at the floating Gabite. The beam blasts seemingly on target, however by flipping in mid-air as Ho-oh let him go, G-Unit was able to avoid the main power of the blast (-10), but had part of his tail hit by the blast.

That would have ended badly, but it’s just the end of Round 4.

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP: 35
    MP: 35
    Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Pumped (ATK +). Tail hurts like all get-out.

HP: 56
    MP: 11

Crystal Tears Attacks first.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 30th June 2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: *glares menicingly*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Vivi, we’re doing good. Use a Double Team, then relax the rest of the round. If he tries to harm you on either of the relaxing turns, use Faint Attack to avoid the attacks.

Veteran Trainer

Why do I have the feeling this is going to bite me in the arse....

Vivi's not gonna be able to move G-unit! Let's pay back the favor, by DRACO METEORING that sucker out the ship!

Then, when it comes back, Poison Jab it. If that doesn't do it in, hell screw it and relax.

Draco Meteor(Use it to Push Vivi out the ship)~Poison Jab~Relax

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 5! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 35
    MP: 35
    Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Pumped (ATK +). Tail hurts like all get-out.

HP: 56
    MP: 11

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Ready! FIGHT!

Of all the things to be doing, sitting on a Rayquaza watching two Dragons pummel each other into submission. Either A-Class seats or nose-bleed section. How about both as Round 5 gets started.

Rearing his head, G-Unit roars to the heavens to summon something to aide him in his fight (
    -11), not about to let the Gabite get the upper hand, Vivi splits into multiple copies, each surrounding G-Unit on the third level (-5). Before much can happen, it appears that G-Unit’s summons was answered, as a meteorite comes careening from the heavens and slamming into the third panel, destroying it, dealing damage, and sending both Pokémon careening down to the earth below (-15 (Draco Meteor), -20 (Falling)/-6 (Draco Meteor, Proximity), -20 (Falling)).

Ho-oh carries both Dragons back to the ship, each blackened, battered, bruised and snarling to each other. She puts them on the second level, pats their heads gently in a “now play nice” manor and then flies off once again. Back on solid ground, G-Unit prepares to attack (
    -8), but Vivi’s gone! Well, she was, but she retaliated by disappearing then coming back (-6, -1 (Energy Substitute)/-8). However, G-Unit managed to land a glancing blow as Vivi appeared (-3 (Poisoned, 2)) and the Dragon starts coughing.

Both starting to run low, the Dragon Pokémon take this last bit of exchange to relax (
    +5/+5, -2 (Poison)).

Thus Ends Round 5!

Round 5! Post-Round Stats

HP: 1
    MP: 21
    Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Pumped (ATK +). Tail hurts like all get-out. Summoned the Heavens (SPATK --)

HP: 15
    MP: 5
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash. Poisoned (2 HP at end of Round).

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns. A Meteor slamming into anything is a bad idea, and is considered an area effect by my understanding of physics and heavenly bodies colliding. Third Level Destroyed due to Draco Meteor.

~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

See, knew it would bite us. But hey, as long as we're down to 1 HP, let's make it fun.

If Vivi relaxes for his first move, Use Stealth Panel.
    If not, Poison Jab again. No free DT's while on the clock, ya hear?

If Vivi relaxes for his second move, use Dragon Claw.
    If she dosen't, well Panel Slide

End with a Flail buddy, no matter the outcome of his third move. n_n Yer defiantly a champion after this match n_n.

Stealth Panel/Poison Jab~Dragon Claw/Panel Slide~Flail

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Whoa, alright Vivi, lets finish this. Whatever the outcome, you’ve earn your evolution.

Vivi, use faint attack to finish Gabite and avoid his attacks.

Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Faint Attack

Master Trainer

Round 6! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 1
    MP: 21
    Status: Hurting… no really. HURTING. Pumped (ATK +). Tail hurts like all get-out. Summoned the Heavens (SPATK --)
    Poison Jab~Panel Slide~Flail

HP: 15
    MP: 5
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash. Poisoned (2 HP at end of Round).
    Faint Attack~Faint Attack~Faint Attack

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

And yet the round starts, with Gabite looking like he got his tail handed to him and Vivi faring a small bit better.

Forcing himself to get at least one more hit in, G-Unit lunges at the Vibrava, his claws leaking a sickingly purple fluid (
    -5/-6 (Already poisoned)). Knocked back, Vivi disappears from sight, (-5, -2 (Energy Substitute)) nothing giving G-Unit an idea to where he went. A tense moment, and Vivi strikes, knocking G-Unit back and out cold.

As G-Units recalled and the next challenge is ready to be sent out, Vivi coughs (
    -2 (Poison)).

Round 6! Post-Round Stats

HP: 0
    MP: 16

HP: 5
    MP: 0
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash. Poisoned (2 HP at end of Round). Ridiculously tired.

DarkestLight Sends out first.
    Crystal Tears Attacks First
    DarkestLight Attacks Second.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Hrm. Well G-unit, that was a splendid first battle. Lets get you all evolved and ready to rock.

Now as for #2....Who hasn't seen battle on my team?

::One Pokeball wiggles::

o.o! Ola! Ok Zent! Go!

::A very large Male Pupitar flips out onto the second level.. Steam and sand shoot out from its powers, showing he's ready:: n_n Pupi!

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Alright Vivi, you're tired and we both know you're probably not going to last this round. So lets try to go out like a real warrior.
    Vivi, start with a quick attack, then move onto a supersonic, finally, if you still can, use Faint Attack.

Veteran Trainer

Ok Zent. She's coming in quick. Let's make life fun.

Taunt her as she runs toward you. Then Dragon Dance while she's all miffed at what to do. Once that Faint Attack hits, hit her back with Payback n_n. This way we'll be set for the next round.

Taunt~Dragon Dance~Payback (after she hits us)

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 7! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: XO vs. OO

Zent (Pupitar, Male, Team DarkestLight)
    Taunt~Dragon Dance~Payback

HP: 5
    Status: Battered and brusied. Wind makes it dangerous to fly. Covered with random pieces of trash. Poisoned (2 HP at end of Round). Ridiculously tired.
    Quick Attack~Supersonic~Faint Attack

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

DarkestLight unleashes his second Pokémon, a snuggly looking Pupitar. Vivi, so dead tired, continues to push himself past his limits.

Dashing off, he aims for the Pupitar (
    -3 (Energy Substitute)), and scoring a hit (-3). What was that? Does Vibrava know any good attacks or is tickling all it can do (-2)?

Steaming, Vivi lunges himself at the Pupitar in an impromptu attack (
    -2 (Energy Substitute)/-2).

As Vivi passes out from total exhaustion and recalled, it’s Crystal Tear’s Turn to release her Pokémon for the second round.

Round 7! Post-Round Stats

HP: 95
    MP: 98

Crystal Tears Sends out first.
    DarkestLight Attacks First
    Crystal Tears Attacks Second.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Hmm… Alright.. I choose..

Treecko
    Vaan
    Male

Veteran Trainer

Life's gonna suck a bit Zent, but its ok. Sandstorm immediately. Dragon Dance next and end with a Rock Tomb.

If you get Taunted in the beginning, then hit him with some Stone Edges to shush him up.

Sandstorm~Dragon Dance~Rock Tomb
    Sub: Stone edge if taunted.

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Let’s go Vaan. Quickly get up close to it and use Grasswhistle. Next spout a leech seed on him, finally use Giga Drain.

Master Trainer

Round 8! Pre-Round Stats
    Pokémon: XO vs. XO

HP: 95
    MP: 98
    Sandstorm~Dragon Dance~Rock Tomb (Subs: Stone Edge)

Vaan (Treeko, Male, Shiny, Crystal Tears)
    Grasswhistle~Leech Seed~Giga Drain

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

With a hearty roar and the fortress still shaky from the last set of competitors, Rayquaza flies with the Ref sitting comfortably on his head and a Mew flying past (Hey, I can have a Mew follow me… I’m reffing after all, and they don’t call me Mew Master for nothin’!)

Spinning on his… uh (man I shoulda paid attention in Zoology) butt, Zent calls forth the spirit of the desert to blind and damage his fine scaly friend (
    -4). Van, however, tries to use the wind rustling by the two of them and lets out a low whitsle (-3). The sound is soothing, and relaxes Zent. Not by much, but it’s enough to start making him nod-off, jerking himself awake.

Using the song floating through the rushing winds, Zent does a set of flips and spins, moving in rhythm. He can feel the rush go through him and is now less prone to zoning out (
    -5 (SPD +)). Sure. It was a nice show, but Vaan isn’t one for interpretative dance. Hocking up what seems like a decent sized loogie, the Treeko instead spits a set of seeds at Zent as he centers himself (-4). Which sprout the moment they make contact with the Pupitar, encircling him with dozens of vines.

Jumping through the air, Vaan jumps on the wrapped , biting into the very hard exoskeleton and drawing energy (
    -8, +6 (Giga Drain), -2 (Biting a rock… OW!)/-10). Not one about to let a reptile get the better of him, Zent jumps, and causes the panels on the second level to uplift and entomb both him and Vaan in close quarters (-11).

As the round ends the Sandstorm rages as Zent’s health is sapped from him (
    -2 (Sandstorm)/-2 (Leech Seed)). So much for Round eight!

Round 8! Post-Round Stats

HP: 83
    MP: 78
    Status: Vined (2 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD +). Zooning out to the tunes on the wind.

HP: 98
    MP: 85

Crystal Tears Attacks First.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 27th July 2007 at 07:39 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Break out of your Tomb with Brick Break, then immediately use Safeguard to protect yourself against ailments. Finally hit him with Energy Ball.

Veteran Trainer

Well now, since we're so close together..

Zent, we're taking him over the edge. When he shows his little green head. Stone Edge him over the... edge. Whether he falls or not, it dosen't matter, but lets hope he does.

Then, lets go for an Aerial Ace to catch him off guard, followed by Payback when that Energy Ball hits.

Stone Edge~Aerial Ace~Payback (after Energy Ball hits)

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 9! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 83
    MP: 78
    Status: Vined (2 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD/ATK +). Zooning out to the tunes on the wind.
    Stone Edge~Aerial Ace~Payback

HP: 98
    MP: 85
    Brick Break~Safeguard~Energy Ball

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

Gotta admit, nosebleed seats to a nosebleed fight. Last time I buy tickets from a street peddler.

The Grass and Rock/Ground Pokémon are currently encased by several panels that Zent managed to summon and the Treeko finds this arrangement too close for comfort. With a glowing tail, Vaan managed to snake it back, before unleashing the coil, smashing through the panel and making a nice little door for the “fort.” (
    -5). He glances back at Zent, who has fallen asleep due to the soothing song on the wind, and snores contently.

Snickering, Vaan starts to glow as small hexagons float around him, sprouting off scales and using them to protect him from various status effects. However, before he can do much, there’s a large rumbling and he looks up.

Turns out the garbage chute’s been blocked by a massive purge, which would explain why it hasn’t emptied in the last… 4-5 Rounds. The straining trash chute finally lets go, enveloping the Treeko in a massive shadow before slamming the Grass-Type and sweeping him off the edge. With the trash bashing against his enclosure, Zent is shook from his sleep by the noise. Confused he looks around before realizing that his enclosure is becoming uprooted by the trash flow and is also sent over the edge (
    -20 (Fall)/-20 (Fall)).

First up is Vaan, carried by Ho-oh, and covered in… I’m not going to describe it, it just smells bad. Then coming up, is Zent, carried by… Lugia?! Well after the Pupitar’s put gently down, the two legendary birds fight one another, causing Rayquaza to fly after them and calm them, making the ref roll backwards along the Dragon Pokémon before getting flinged by the tail.

That little bit of drama out of the way, the battlers try to continue their attacks.

Vaan charges up a ball of energy before sending it flying right towards Zent (
    -7/-10). Zent’s sent spinning, but then uses the momentum to gain energy and launch himself right back into Vaan, sending them both crashing onto the second level (-8/-15).

(
    -2 (Sandstorm)/-2 (Leech Seed)).

The Ref floats back up as a Mew holds him by the cuff of his shirt, annoyed at his current state, but waving the round over none-the less.

Round 9! Post-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 70
    Status: Vined (4 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD/ATK +). Getting jiggy to the music on the wind.

HP: 63
    MP: 73
    Status: Smelly, sticky… EW! Defense (Safeguard for 3 Rounds).

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns. Sandstorm for 1 more Rounds, Leech Seed for 2 more.

DarkestLight Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

Ok Zent. Make or break time.

Screech to deter that Treecko.
    Double Team to confuse the Treecko
    Stone Edge to smash him the Treecko

Screech~Double Team~Stone Edge

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

Alright Vaan, plug your ears so you don’t hear the blunt of the screech and use Energy Ball. Next, use Magical Leaf to cut through those clones. Finally when it comes in for Stone Edge, use Counter.

Energy Ball ~ Magical Leaf ~ Counter

Master Trainer

Round 10! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 70
    Status: Vined (4 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD/ATK +). Getting jiggy to the music on the wind.
    Screech~Double Team~Stone Edge

HP: 63
    MP: 73
    Status: Smelly, sticky… EW! Defense (Safeguard for 3 Rounds).
    Energy Ball~Magical Leaf~Counter

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

A blast of wind and the next round’s on its way.

With a creeking sound of rocks mashing against rocks, Zent unleashes a high-pitched shriek (
    -5. Vaan, tries to cover his ears, but the high-pitch reaches through, although the effects aren’t as severe (Def –). So Vaan tries a different route, by charging up a sphere of energy like some Copyrighted Animated Television Show, before letting it fly and slam into Zent (-7/-10).

Still speedy, Zent glows before splitting into multiple copies and surrounding Vaan (
    -4). Not all that concerned, the Treeko spins, a giant glowing leaf forming from the end of his tail and flying like a Frisbee towards the Pupitar. The leaf flies through all of the copies, dispelling them before hitting the one solid being among them (-8/-11).

So far, Zent’s had the upper hand in getting a hit in first, and his increased speed’s keeping that going. With a hop and a jump, Zent flies into the air before spinning his body around and aiming his the point of his body right at Vaan. The Grass Type, however is read, grabbing Zent’s posterior as the Pupitar falls on him, he spins and slams him right into the paneled floor. (
    -14, -15/-10, -15).

Both Pokémon are hurting as the Sandstorm rages and Zent’s health is sucked out of him (
    -2 (Sandstorm)/-2 (Leech Seed)).

And the sandstorm dies down as the round ends.

Round 10! Post-Round Stats

HP: 12
    MP: 47
    Status: Vined (6 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD/ATK +). Getting jiggy to the music on the wind. Ow… pile-driver.

HP: 46
    MP: 48
    Status: Smelly, sticky… EW! Defense (Safeguard for 2 Rounds). Loud noises (DEF -).

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns. No more Sandstorm, Leech Seed for 1 more Round.

Crystal Tears Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Veteran Trainer

o.O!!!! ::KICK:: ¬¬ Though I'm losing, I graciously hope this battle can be finished. Its so close ....

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

While technically CT has DQ'ed due to passing the DQ time of 1 week. I will give her 24 hours to post before Disqualification Occurs.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Sorry, I've been feeling sick and my net's been loopy. Anyways..

Vaan use Magical Leaf the entire round, if they try to explode, or self destruct, protect. Do your best to avoid other attacks though.

Magic Leaf x3 / Protect

Veteran Trainer

You are faster and stronger Zent.

Endure that hit and collect your energy while doing so-so you can then Iron Head that Treecko off the edge! While it falls, charge up yer energy and when it comes back up, HYPER BEAM IT OFF THE EDGE AGAIN. No wasting time, this is for all the Marbles!!!

I now call this the SUPER MEGA DEATH SETUP!

Endure+Iron Head+Hyper Beam

Entertaining quotes!

Master Trainer

Round 11! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 12
    MP: 47
    Status: Vined (6 HP stored in Vines). Speedy (SPD/ATK +). Getting jiggy to the music on the wind. Ow… pile-driver.
    Endure+Iron Head+Hyper Beam

HP: 46
    MP: 48
    Status: Smelly, sticky… EW! Defense (Safeguard for 2 Rounds). Loud noises (DEF -).
    Magical Leaf~Magical Leaf~Magical Leaf

The Arena

Mel-Kava

Third Level destroyed.

Ready! FIGHT!

There’s a few things to be said watching a high-flying battle, especially one that takes place on a fortress flying miles above the ground.

Zent, sets up for his next attack, just as Vaan comes using energy in the shape of leaves to burst forth and connect with the Pupitar (
    -6/-8).

Knocked back, Zent keeps his guard up, gathering energy for his combined attack, Vaan sends out another barrage of leaves in his direction (
    -5/-3 (Endured)). Energy gathered, Zent makes his attack run.

An aura surrounding him and starting to concentrate around his mouth, Zent slams down on Vaan hard like an I-Beam (
    -7), before unleashing the pent-up energy in a massive blast towards Vaan, hitting the Treeko and blasting him off of the platform (-15 (Hyper Beam), -20 (Fall)). Exhausted from the effort, Zent seems to collapse inwards from the strain on his body (-7 (Iron Head), -15 (Hyper Beam), -9 (Combo)).

Flown up from the air-abyss by a floating pink bubble (since Ho-oh’s distracted fighting Lugia), Vaan is gently set down, ready to finish this fight with one last blast of grass energy slamming into the Rock/Ground type (
    -7/-1)

Round 11! Post-Round Stats

MP: 16

HP: 4
    MP: 30
    Status: Smelly, sticky… EW! Defense (Safeguard for 1 Rounds). Loud noises (DEF -).

Ref Notes: Difficult to fight in such cramped conditions. Panels, while not earth, serve the same purpose by using a bit more energy. The Trash Chute will open again in a few turns. No more Sandstorm, Leech Seed for 1 more Round.

Crystal Tears is the Victor
    Point Allocations:
    Crystal Tears: 4 Points
    Mew Master: 4 Points
    DarkestLight: 2 Points
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art