Thread: Quick RMT

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Quick RMT

Hey, got a Tourney, with weird rules. Kinda made me think. But this team, its really not good. Help me out with suggestions.

No items allowed.

Pokemon additions/removal is a VERY slight possibility.But yeah, rate away.

Togekiss--Hustle(I wasn't arguing with this or Serene, first Modest one popped up, I rejoiced.)
    -Modest
    EV: 252 Sp. A/252 Spd/6HP
    Nasty Plot
    Yawn
    Air Slash
    Baton Pass

BPer. Sturdy sucker.

Weavile
    -Jolly
    EV's 252 ATK/40HP/216 Spd
    Ice Shard
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Night Slash

Phys Sweeper-albiet fragile

Tangrowth
    -Impish
    EV's 252 HP/228 Def/ 28 Spd
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Knock Off
    Sleep Powder

-Annoyer/Tank. Here to piss you oiff

Magnezone
    -Modest
    EV's 252 Sp. A/172 HP/84 Spd
    Flash Cannon
    Rain Dance
    Discharge
    Thunderwave

Weak Spec Sweeper..

Lickilicky
    -Adamant
    EV's: 252 HP/100 Def/32 Spd/124 Atk
    Explosion
    Counter
    Return
    Protect

--This is just for laughs.EDIT: Yeah just saw Counter is a Emerald tradeover -.-. I am SO unhappy right now that my gag is gone. Now I'm working on a Dunsparce, as making a Lickylicky now is just well, too much fricking work to get to this point now {I just finished EV training it -.-}

Donphan
    -Impish
    EV's: 252 HP/DEF 6 Atk
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Knock Off
    Stone Edge

I hate Spikes with a passion.
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 30th June 2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: HAHA Ev's

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Quick RMT

Ergh... I'm really not fond of the 3x weakness to Fire here (Weavile, Tangrowth, and Magnezone). It wouldn't be quite as bad if you were this weak to something like Rock, but Fire's one of those really common attack types. When a couple of Flamethrowers can take out half your team, you have to question your strategy.

And now that I think of it, you're 3x weak to Ice as well! Togekiss, Tangrowth, and Donphan can all get wrecked by Ice Beams - another very common move for special sweepers. And there may be others, too. Since you really don't want to have any more than two Pokemon weak against any given type, you may have a lot of problems with this particular lineup...
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hmm...let's see now

Togekiss: I guess that works. I'm assuming you would be BPing Nasty Plots to Magnezone. Too bad it can't learn Agility, or else that would help it out alot. I guess Yawn works out pretty well in place.

Weavile: Yeah, sorry for asking, but what's Ice Shard doing there? Replace it with Ice Punch. Also, its best if you max EVs for Speed. Since its so fragile, it should be doing alot of damage quickly before it dies right?

Tangrowth: Normally, an Annoyer/Tank has high stats in both Def AND Sp. Def. The thing is with Tangrowth is that while its Def is pretty high now, its goina go down hard and fast to a Fire and/or Ice attack (the latter being more common on competitive teams). My recommendation is that you switch it for another Pokemon (like Shuckle or Umbreon) that have the Defenses you need for an Annoyer/Tank

Magnezone: If you going to use Rain Dance, you might as well give it Thunder instead of Discharge. I say you also should give him HP-Ice, to help counter Grass and Ground types. While it gets STAB from Flash Cannon, it doesn't cover alot of types to warrant usage. I say give it this set:

Thunderbolt
    HP - Ice
    Endure
    Thunder Wave

Endure gives it a chance to last at least one more round. If you max out EVs for Speed, have a Timid Nature, and give it a Salac Berry, the Speed boost might allow it to KO some more Pokemon before it goes out.

Lickilicky: Yeah, I just don't know. I think someone asked for a moveset in a topic earlier, so look at that and see what you can come up with

Donphan: W00t, kudos to you for using one of my favs . Honestly, I think you should go with this set:

Rapid Spin
    Thunder Fang/Rest
    Fire Fang/Rest
    Earthquake

Its rather intriguing set if you ask me. Still keeps the Rapid Spin aspect, but allows you to have some versitility by using either Fire Fang (for Grass and Ice-types) or Thunder Fang (for Water-types). Rest is there for regular health restoration. If you want, you can add in Rock Slide/Stone Edge for Rock-support.

Hope this helps

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Taking both advice here, been trying to find ways to nullify those weaknesses. Can't really x_x I'm pretty weak to Ice...that's funny x_x

Tangrowth, yeah..I think I wrote something wrong and was supposed to go split 114 Sp Def and Def. Too late now for that, but I'm hustling for a Vaporeon right now as well, so we may have a switch in the works. I know its not the premiere Annoyer/Tank, but Im trying to be a LIL different.

I like the Donphan Idea. Alot. Ice Fang ftw >> But I'm using Dusknoir with Ice punch {Stupid, yes?} So Im gonna hold off on Donphan for the time being.

And those subs did NOTHING for my Fire or Ice Weaknesses -.- Damn lol

And how do I get Ice Punch on Weavie? If its breeding, then its a no go (for now at least-after this tourney I'll really break these guys down and rework stuff.} I did Ice Shard for Super Priority >>
    Last edited by DarkestLight; 30th June 2007 at 06:53 PM.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Yeah for to get Ice Punch on Weavile, you gotta breed it (dunno who the father needs to be).

I don't think Donphan can learn Ice Fang (I'd personally stick with Fire Fang).