Thread: The Dragon Roost: Dragonis vs Mike Mysterio (Ref: Mew Master)

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default The Dragon Roost: Dragonis vs Mike Mysterio (Ref: Mew Master)

I need battlers for this match that I'd like to Ref. Using my arena and a few unorthodox methods, I think it'll be fun. For now... the Arena!

Arena – Dragon Roost

The main arena is set inside a dormant volcano, the cliff walls are igneous rock, carved into long grooves and several landings scattered along the walls themselves. Dragons, real dragons and not Pokémon roost on these landings and oversee the matches that transpire. All types of dragons stay here, western, eastern, wyvern, drakes, hydras, and even sea serpents travel great distances to roost here and oversee the battle.

The arena is a standard Indigo stadium on a platform held over the still glowing magma 80 feet below. The battlers are on elevated towers, with the ref standing in front of a massive dragon statue that appears to be in a silent roar. Boarders of the arena are massive rib bones, making the battlers feel like they are in the belly of the massive beast itself. They stand over a hundred feet high, dwarfing any human and Pokémon

Throughout the match the dragons in this area let loose with an eerie chanting howl, voicing their displeasure at the current match. Everything around the combatants and Pokémon starts to shift and warp until they find themselves in a new arena with only one dragon watching over them and affecting the battle, each with their own restrictions.

Once a Pokémon faints, the trainers recall them both, even if one is still active and ready to fight. And the area changes due to the Dragon’s song. After the competitors see their new arena are they allowed to send out the next set of Pokémon and attack.

The Rules are simple. The fight starts out in the described arena and the opponents PM their Pokémon choices and set of attacks to me (the Ref) for the first round of any arena. After which the fight continues on in the normal fashion until one of the Pokémon faints. At that point, both are recalled and the Dragon's Song changes the area to something new. When this happens both competators PM the Ref their choices and first set of attacks, and the match continues.

The winner is decided by a combination of the total remaining HP after the last Match-up is over.

Number of Pokémon: 6, but may vary depending on the competators, and how many they wish to use.
    Banned Moves: None, you'll have enough trouble with the Dragons and their own personal restrictions on the match.
    DQ: Standard Week

Now I just need battlers for this match.

Come on, let's give it a try!
    Last edited by Mew Master; 30th July 2007 at 01:16 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Quite shadow Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dare you fight in the Dragon Roost?

I'll sign up for this! It sounds like fun.

Advanced Trainer

Advanced Trainer

Advanced Trainer

I'll sign up! It sounds like fun.

Advanced Trainer

I'll sign up! It sounds like fun.

Advanced Trainer

Sorry about all the posts, my computor was/is being stupid. I didn't think I'd posted anything, guess I was wrong.

Master Trainer

It happens.

Does anyone else wish to test their luck?
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

You must fear the Reaper! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I think I'll sign up for this aswell.

Master Trainer

Excellent, excellent. You have PMed me your Pokémon, now PM me your attacks for the first Round.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: The Dragon Roost: Dragonis vs Mike Mysterio (Ref: Mew Master)

I think it's best that you mention what pokémon they have chosen. It's kind a dumb if you're going to go hyper beam a ghost. Or attracting one of the same gender and stuff like that.

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Master Trainer

Dang... good point.. <-<

Dragonis: Chansey (F)
    Mike Mysterio: Snorlax (M)
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: None
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: OOOOOO vs. OOOOOO
    Theme: No Future (Zoids: New Century Zero)

Natasha (Female, Team Dragonis)

HP: 100
    MP: 100
    Toxic~Substitute~Egg Bomb

Big Show (Male, Team Mike Myserio)

MP: 100
    Toxic~Sunny Day~Flamethrower

The Arena
    The main arena is set inside a dormant volcano, the cliff walls are igneous rock, carved into long grooves and several landings scattered along the walls themselves. Dragons, real dragons and not Pokémon roost on these landings and oversee the matches that transpire. All types of dragons stay here, western, eastern, wyvern, drakes, hydras, and even sea serpents travel great distances to roost here and oversee the battle.

The arena is a standard Indigo stadium on a platform held over the still glowing magma 80 feet below. The battlers are on elevated towers, with the ref standing in front of a massive dragon statue that appears to be in a silent roar. Boarders of the arena are massive rib bones, making the battlers feel like they are in the belly of the massive beast itself. They stand over a hundred feet high, dwarfing any human and Pokémon

Ready! FIGHT!

What a place, almost palace-like. Heat rises from the smoldering magma below as two combatants are flown in on the backs of dragons. Coming from the south, is Dragonis, the first to answer the call to fight in this arena, mounted on a coatyl, a serpent with four feathered wings. Second, from the west, is Mike Mysterio, riding a western dragon with massive teeth and horns. Descending, the dragons allow the trainers to dismount onto elevated platforms for them, opposing one another, before flying up and past the massive ribs outlining the boarders of this arena. A Dragon statue overlooks the arena, past the ribs

“Welcome!” Comes a booming voice and a figure walks towards them on a platform extending from a massive Dragon statue’s belly. “I am glad you have decided to come to this area. Dragons from all around the world come to this place, and they wish to see some friendly competition. So unleash your Pokémon into the Dragon Roost and let the Dragon’s Song Guide them to victory!” The figure waves his arms apart and the dragons in the volcano unleash a set of bellowing roars. This man, as can be heard from his voice is dressed in a black-hooded cape

The two trainers unleash their Pokémon and with twin flashes of light, they’re revealed. Dragonis has sent out the Naughty Natasha, a Chansey who looks like she’s hiding a needle instead of carrying an egg in that pouch. Mike Mysterio himself unleashes a massive blob of flesh and fur that turns out to be Big Show, a Snorlax as big as the big-screen. The Pokémon out, the match gets underway!

Both Normal Types glare at one another as they get ready to attack. Natasha, in all her pink glory, inhales deeply before spewing out a blast of dark goo onto Big Show’s Big-body. It starts to seep in and infects the Snorlax (
    -3/Poisoned). Not about to be outdone, the massive Pokémon spews his own deadly concoction at the Chansey (-3/Poisoned). Both battlers poisoned, they force themselves onward.

Big Show rears his head up, bellowing to the heavens. As if on que, the sun shines brightly down onto the arena, the beams lighting up the rib-cage surrounding them both (
    -5). Natasha, however, starts digging around in her pouch for what look like random materials, fashioning them together into a bad chibi-verson of… herself (-19, -20) before infusing it with her health.

Snickering evily, the Normal-type digs into her pouch once again, this time pulling out a Yoshi-colored egg with a wick. The wick lights and she hurls the bomb towards Big Show, watching as it explodes in a massive wave (
    -6/-7). Grumbling to himself, Big Show glares not at Natasha, but her double! Readying himself for the recoil, he inhales deeply before spewing out a jet of flames at the fake ‘Tasha (-8/-13 (Substitute)).

Both feel the effects of the toxin racing through their system (
    -2 (Poison)/-2 (Poison)).

The dragons roar as the battle continues, the end of the round has arrived.

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

HP: 78
    MP: 71
    Status: Sneaky! Now I need a doctor… (Poisoned, -2 this Round)
    Substitute: HP: 7

HP: 91
    MP: 84

Ref Notes: Sunny Day lasts for 3 more Rounds. Toxic poison increases 2 per Round. Random roll of the dice decides that…

Dragonis Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Ok Natasha, start off by healing yourself with Refresh. Then, if your sub is still up, hit 'Show with a Focus Punch. If your sub is gone though, we'll make him suffer some more with Thunder Wave. Finally turn up the heat with a Flamethrower of your own.

~Refresh~Focus Punch/Thunderwave~Flamethrower~

Advanced Trainer

While she is refreshing use Psychic to slam her to the ground. Then freeze her solid with Ice Beam. Show after all that take a rest with Rest

Master Trainer

Round 2! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 78
    Status: Sneaky! Now I need a doctor… (Poisoned, -2 this Round)
    Substitute: HP: 7
    Refresh~Focus Punch~Flamethrower (Sub: Thunderwave)

HP: 91
    MP: 84
    Psychic~Ice Beam~Rest

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

As the dragons roar, the battlers continue on despite the poisons gripping their systems and the dragon bellows ringing in their ears.

Natasha, herself sick for once, concentrates, calling forth the mystical energies to purge her body of the toxin (
    -5). It works as small sparkles cause the poison to seep through her skin and dispense harmlessly into the air. Big Show, glares at the substitute, unaware of the deception, and takes some frustration out on the substitute. A red aura surrounding his head, the Snorlax unleashes a psychic blast at the substitute (-7/-7 (Substitute)). Confused, Big Show watches as his target disintegrates before realizing that he was dooped!

Growling deep within his throat, Big Show turns towards the real thing, that’s trying to get him in her sights. Inhaling, he unleashes a blast of freezing might, that’s weakened by the shining sun above (
    -8/-7). The Chansey’s not frozen by the beam, the shining sun too much, but she does unleash a blast of minute electric energy, designed to incapacitate the massive bulky being (-4/(Paralyzed)).

Staticy with electricity, Big Show finds it difficult to move, which is exactly what ‘Tasha wanted. She inhales and cuts loose with a similar jet of flame as Big Show used earlier (
    -7/-15 (Critical) Burned). Singed, paralyzed, and poisoned, Big Show can hardly stand, so he doesn’t. Falling backwards he lands hard on the ground, but doesn’t feel a thing as he’s already fast asleep and regaining health and energy (+8, +5).

Bellowing roars either spur or discourage the attackers. It is unknown how the dragons view the match thusfar…

Round 2! Post-Round Stats

HP: 71
    MP: 55

HP: 84
    MP: 74

Ref Notes: Sunny Day lasts for 2 more Rounds.

Mike Mysterio Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

OK SHOW start by Snore. Then Sleep Talk twice.

-Snore- -Sleep Talk x2-

Advanced Trainer

Alright Natasha start off by using a Heal Bell to wake Big Show up. Then while he's sitting there stupid hit him with a pair of Focus Punchs. If Heal Bell doen't wake him up, hit him with Dream Eater twice.

~Heal Bell~Focus Punch/Dream Eater x2~

Master Trainer

Round 3! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 71
    MP: 55
    Heal Bell~Focus Punch (Subs: Dream Eater x2)

HP: 84
    MP: 74
    Snore~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

One competitor down, er, asleep at this point, and the other feels sneaky.

Natasha, in her evil-medical training of DOOOM, starts to dance before stoping while in a swing, a loud bell can be heard echoing through the arena, reverberating off of the ribs and walls of the volcano (
    -7). However, Big Show doesn’t seem bothered by it, as he lets out a massive snarl/gurgle (-5, + 5, +8/-2).

Ow, her ears, and wait.., is Big Show moving?! He is, he’s standing up and he’s… not looking at her. He unleashes a series of attacks at mid air, almost like he’s fighting some invisible opponent. The Normal-Type does this for a bit and then falls back down, snoring contently (
    -6, +5, +8). Blinking in confusion, Natasha collects her thoughts before sending out thin tendrils from the Aether to connect with Big’s head and starts to eat his braaaaiiiiins. Or just his dreams (-6, +5/-10). And as we zoom out from the contorted face of the sleeping Snorlax, we find that Natasha is actually gnawing on his head! What’s her dental plan for teeth like those?

She doesn’t have much time to respond as she attacks with another dreaded REM eater (
    -5, +5/-11) by gnawing on Big Show’s head, the tendrils connecting with his mind (+5, +8). This however gets Big’s attention as he stands up, takes a running start and flings himself at another target head first, which happens to be Natasha hanging onto his head! OW! That had to hurt… and it did… both of them (-13/-7,-4 (Recoil)).

Ow, that was unexpected… VERY unexpected.

Round 3! Post-Round Stats

HP: 66
    MP: 37

HP: 83

Ref Notes: Sunny Day lasts for 1 more Round. Randomized attacks for Sleep Talk: Return, and Take Down. Used Metronome Randomizer until moves Snorlax can use popped up. 0 Energy means Pokémon can still attack, sacrificing Health instead of Energy on a 1 HP for 2 MP basis.

Dragonis Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

OK, Natasha start off by Singing Big Show to sleep. Then if he's asleep hit him with a Focus Punch. If he's not hit him with another Toxic. After that hit him with Dream Eater if you can. If not hit him with Drain Punch.

~Sing~Focus Punch/Toxic~Dream Eater/Drain Punch~

Advanced Trainer

OK SHOW now beat Natasha to the punch with Toxic. Then try to use Psychic to pound Natasha aganst the ground again. Then frezze that pink blob with Ice Beam. If she put's you to sleep use Sleap Talk x3

Master Trainer

Round 4! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 66
    MP: 37
    Sing~Focus Punch~Dream Eater (Toxic, Drain Punch)

HP: 83
    Toxic~Psychic~Ice Beam (Sleep Talk x3)

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

Continuing on, the dragons seem to be roaring their displeasure at how the match is progressing. Exactly why is unknown, for now…

Big Show is still snoring contently, and even more so as Natasha lets loose with a pleasant song that whisks him away further (
    -3) into sleep(+5, +8). The sleeping Pokémon stands up and starts jabbing in various areas of a dream target (-7) before falling face first back into a fit-full slumber.

Snoring Big Show is content at the moment (
    +5, +8) and Natasha takes advantage of her still target by charging up energy into her fist (-13). To her surprise, Big Show also gets up and charges energy into his fist, almost mirroring her (-14).

The two lunge at each other, the attacks connecting with each other. Energy explodes outwards from the contact, dealing the damage to both Pokémon at the same time (
    -15/-15). The Snorlax falls back, his attack spent and continuing on in his slumber (+5, +8), while Natasha catches her breath after that attack.

Round 4! Post-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 19

HP: 92
    MP: 65

Ref Notes: Randomized attacks for Sleep Talk: Submission, Focus Punch. Focus Punch takes two attack slots to use, one to charge and the other to attack. No, seriously. Move Randomizer came up with Focus Punch… 0 Energy means Pokémon can still attack, sacrificing Health instead of Energy on a 1 HP for 2 MP basis.

~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

OK SHOW you are doing great. Now use Sleep Talkx3.

-SLEEP TALK-x3

Advanced Trainer

Alright Natasha, start off with another Focus Punch. Then use Rest.

~Focus Punch~Rest~

Advanced Trainer

You still with us Mew?

Master Trainer

Yes, I am with you guys. School started up so I'm getting back to my usual schedule. Expect a reffing sometime this weekend. I apologize.
    Last edited by Mew Master; 23rd August 2007 at 10:19 PM.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

No worries, just making sure you didn't forget about us.

Master Trainer

How could I forget about my own arena. Now if you excuse me my typing is horrible because I've been awake nearly 24 hrs... goodnight *THUD*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Master Trainer

Round 5! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 51
    MP: 19
    Focus Punch~Rest

HP: 92
    MP: 65
    Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk~Sleep Talk

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

The roaring dragons around the arena prelude to the somewhat mirrored match being displayed below.

Natasha, the Naughy Nightly Nurse starts to charge up energy into her fist, prepared to unleash its power (
    -9). On his own, Big Show sleeps contently (+5, +8), before he stands up and rears his head back before slamming it forward into an astral opponent (-5).

Still sleeping (
    +5, +8), Big Show is just a Big Target as Natasha rushes forward full force, her glowing fist colliding with the Snorlax’s squooshy flesh. The preceding energy ripples through the Pokémon causing some internal damage (-15). With that over, Big show concentrates, his mind floating and finding Natasha, trying to copy her mind-set of the moment (-9) and drawing the Snorlax farther from that deep sleep that he was in earlier.

Exhausted, Natasha falls back, going into a deep sleep, pushing the match away from her mind (
    +5, +8) and regaining some energy. Big show does the same (+5, +8), right before he stands up and starts spewing smoldering sludge in a jet in Natasha’s general direction (-7). However his aim is off (he is asleep and eyes are closed after all), and the goop just hits the ground past Natasha, creating a steaming pool of poisonous bile. Big Show seems to be waking up, which could be good or bad depending on how the rest of the match goes.

Round 5! Post-Round Stats

HP: 59
    MP: 15

MP: 68

Ref Notes: Randomized attacks for Sleep Talk: Headbutt, Psych Up, Toxic. 0 Energy means Pokémon can still attack, sacrificing Health instead of Energy on a 1 HP for 2 MP basis.

Dragonis Attacks First.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Ok Natasha, Relax berfore using Snore twice.

~Relax~Snore x2~

Advanced Trainer

Alright Show, Snore untill you wake up. If you wake up, hit her with a pair of Brick Breaks. Then, if you can, hit her with a Focus Blast.

~Snore x3~
    ~Brick Break x2~Focus Blast~

Master Trainer

Round 6! Pre-Round Stats

HP: 59
    MP: 15
    Relax~Snore~Snore

MP: 68
    Snore~Snore~Snore (Subs: Brick Break~Brick Break~Focus Blast)

The Arena

Ready! FIGHT!

After that hiatus… and Grad school, the match is still on.

Snoring contently, Natasha uses the rest to her advantage (
    +8, +5) as Big Show lets loose with a single snore, sending soundwaves through the air (-3/-3).

Pushing himself up, Big lets out a yawn as he remembers where he is, and what he’s doing. Looking over at the snoring Natasha, Big stomps over before raising his hand and bringing it down hard on the Chansey (
    -6/-8). Natasha lets out a sharp snore that recks havoc on Big’s eardrums (+8, +1/-5).

Growling, Big attacks once more, determined to lay the hurt on the nurse (
    -7/-9). To which Natasha lets out a gargled snore (+8, +1/-4).

And with the dragon’s roar, the round is over.

Round 6! Post-Round Stats

HP: 55
    MP: 22

HP: 90
    MP: 59

Ref Notes: 0 Energy means Pokémon can still attack, sacrificing Health instead of Energy on a 1 HP for 2 MP basis. Forgive me for not posting that often due to Grad School.

~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Advanced Trainer

Okay Show you are doing great. Sart off by useing Psychic to pick Natasha up and bringing her to you. Follow that by useing Sthenght for a suplex. Then while she is downhit her with a Fireblast

Advanced Trainer

Ok Natasha, just Relax untill you wake up. Though if you wake up in time, let Show bring you in close and hit him with a Drain Punch. Then Counter his Strength. Then use a Water Pulse to douse his Fire Blast.

~Relax x3~
    (Drain Punch~Counter~Water Pulse)