Thread: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (ref: DarkestLight)

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (ref: DarkestLight)

So, yeah, I've decided. Two matches at once is far easier for me to track than four. That said, I have an unusual proposition for any who are up to the challenge.

3 vs 3
    One out at a time
    DQ: 14 days (two weeks, for all you slow people out there); ref and both battlers must agree that they will all be subject to vehement poking by the other parties if DQ-time draws near
    Damage Cap: None
    Banned Moves: OHKOs. Other than that, go crazy.

Arena: Outside the Battle Arena (Dum-duh-duh-DUN!)

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air and alongside a small pond. Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules (to a degree)... as such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for five battle rounds (a total of 15 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After five rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next five rounds. At the end (which should be fifteen total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been five rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the five rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
    Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
    Asleep, Frozen: -20 points

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five.

If that made no sense at all, hit me with a stick and I shall make a valiant attempt at clarification.
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 14th July 2007 at 06:43 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (opponent and ref loved passionately)

I would LOVE to take this challenge if possible. Sounds awesome!

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (opponent and ref loved passionately)

Sure! I've been wanting to try battling you for a while actually. It occurs to me, however, that I forgot to say who chooses first. Uh, you can, if you want, MH.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Elite Trainer

I'll send out my Male Lickitung for right now. A question: Who edited my banner and what gave them permission to do it? My signature is a personal thing, and people have no business changing a banner I like, not to mention incorrectly. Where is gorebyss, for example?

Advanced Trainer

All right; I'll use Theo de Veren, my male Absol.

Weird about your sig, though. Hm.

*rings a little hand bell* Oh, reeeefff...

plusle f, burmy m

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (ref loved passionately)

I reread this...and hell, now that I see its 15 rounds, I'm so down for this! Feel like I owe you too Phoenix, so I'm definitely down. I'll get it up in about 25 minutes as I hafta run away right now.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer

Default I dare!

New Battle!

====To Start====

Welcome everyone! This is your most random ref DL. Currently, I'm above the Battle Arena, in my new Hang Glider 4000! The air is calm and everyone seems to be quite calm and serene. However, I got a hot scoop about a battle that's about to occur down here! I'm gonna cover it, so stay tuned!

===Rule Explanation===

Unlike other battles I've reffed, this one has very different parameters. Since we're outside the Battle Arena, this match will have a MAXIMUM of 15 rounds!

After every 5 Rounds though, I'll swoop down and steal the Pokemon away-causing the trainers to start with two new Pokemon. After we've went through all the rounds, there will be alot of math involved to determine the winner!

There are no Damage Caps, DQ time is 14 Days; and only OHKO's are banned! With those stated, let's get it on!

===Battlers===

Here are the current stats of our two competitors!

Phoenixsong: X X X
    Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 100/100
    Added effects:
    Other: Feeling nice and cool

Mega Horny: X X X
    Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy:100/100%
    Added Effects:
    Other: :pppppppppppppppppppppp

===Pre-fight===

As I find a nice stationary gust to hover on in my HG4K, Phoenix and Mega begin their assault upon each other-with Pokemon that is. An Absol and a Lickitung make their appearance on the field-who can miss THAT tongue? What will the outcome of this battle me!

===Stats===

Not applicable yet, cause I'm lazy and dun wanna retype the formatting.

Entertaining quotes!

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (ref loved passionately)

You owe me, DL? o.O What do you owe me? Anyway, thanks!

Uh, lessee. Hrmkay, Theo, this is our first battle together. Wurz tells me you're good, so...

Start off with a Future Sight. Then, I want you to paralyze Lickitung with Thunder Wave. Finally, hit him with Faint Attack.

Future Sight ~ Thunder Wave ~ Faint Attack

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Dare you challenge the Battle Arena? (ref: DarkestLight)

Mega- Just bumping to state you have 4 days left

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

why does no one warn me about these things? Hammer arm, avoid twave with dig, and then Me first.

Veteran Trainer

I did, I did XD! 4 days before XD

New Battle!

====To Start====

Welcome everyone! This is your most random ref DL. Currently, I'm above the Battle Arena, in my new Hang Glider 4000! The air is calm and everyone seems to be quite calm and serene. However, I got a hot scoop about a battle that's about to occur down here! I'm gonna cover it, so stay tuned!

===Rule Explanation===

Unlike other battles I've reffed, this one has very different parameters. Since we're outside the Battle Arena, this match will have a MAXIMUM of 15 rounds!

After every 5 Rounds though, I'll swoop down and steal the Pokemon away-causing the trainers to start with two new Pokemon. After we've went through all the rounds, there will be alot of math involved to determine the winner!

There are no Damage Caps, DQ time is 14 Days; and only OHKO's are banned! With those stated, let's get it on!

===Battlers===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 100/100
    Added effects:
    Other: Feeling nice and cool
    Future Sight ~ Thunder Wave ~ Faint Attack

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy:100/100%
    Added Effects:
    Other: :pppppppppppppppppppppp
    Hammer Arm~Dig~Me First

===Round 1===

As I find a nice stationary gust to hover on in my HG4K, Phoenix and Mega begin their assault upon each other-with Pokemon that is. An Absol and a Lickitung make their appearance on the field-who can miss THAT tongue? What will the outcome of this battle Be!

Well, let's see! Theo gazes skyward, glaring up at a point in time no one but him can see. Licki though, doesn't seem to care about what's going on above his head. Instead, that tongue lashes forward, -driving the rest of his body forward. A heavy glowing arm comes up, and falls down across Theo's crest and head, aggravating the canid.

[T: -6E/-12H L: -9E (Spd -1)]

Irked that weird thing just hit him, Theo jumps over the oddly shaped tongue palate Pokmeon and shoots out a wave of electricity. The wave bounds over the ground, barely missing Liki--as it used its tongue to dig underground? Geez what CANT that tongue do?

[T: -4E L: -5E]

Upset this thing was evading everything this round, Theo lunged at the hole where he saw Licki burrowing up from, and went for a invisible strike...and succeeds! Licki goes flying, although his body is glowing. He dosen't understand what went wrong as he landed on his backside

[T: -6E L: -6E/-8H]

===Stats===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 88/84
    Added effects:
    Other:

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy: 92/80%
    Added Effects:
    Other: SPD -1

~Me First affects the first action only

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Hammer arm, Power whip to grab it's leg and throw it into the air, then smack it with another Hammer Arm. If it tries Twave, avoid with dig. If toxic, rollout away.

Advanced Trainer

JEEZ I hate that this thing hides new posts after a session. I had no idea all this had gone on, dammit!

Eh, lessee. Let's turn MH's own strategy against him, but properly this time: use Me First and nail him with his own Hammer Arm. Use Detect to avoid Power Whip, and then finish with another Thunder Wave to force him underground; furthermore, after two Hammer Arms he might be slow enough that you can paralyze him before he makes it under.

plusle f, burmy m

Veteran Trainer

New Battle!

====To Start====

===Rule Explanation===

===Battlers===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 88/84
    Added effects:
    Other:
    Me First~Detect~Thunder Wave

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy: 92/80%
    Added Effects:
    Other: SPD -1
    Hammer Arm~Power Whip~Hammer Arm
    Sub: If T-wave: Dig
    If Toxic:Rollout

===Round 2===

Hovering here as Round two begins, Theo starts to shimmer and slides over to Licki with incredible speed. Licki begins to charge up a glowing fist, aiming it fight for the canid's chin when he's in range. All of a sudden, Licki is suddenly hammered skyward, so hard that he loses the focus for his own attack! Theo reappears, plodding over to the Licki slowly, snarling...

To then get smacked by the same attack he just used-via the masterful tongue! Theo rolled backwards, stunted a tad from the hit.

[T: -6E/-15H(Spd-1) L: -9E/-23H (Spd -1)]

Danged painful! Licki stares for a moment, before lashing out with his tongue again, snaking for Theo's left forelimb. However, Theo Detected the incoming lashing deftly leaps over the Powerful Whip-like tongue three successive times.

[T: -6E L: -11E]

Seeing that was of no use, Licki rolled backwards before standing, and watched Theo carefully. Theo merely opened his mouth, sending a short jolt of Electricity for Licki. Hastily the pink fatty Pokemon licked at the ground, digging a hole to escape in. The bolt caught up to the slower Pokemon, causing him to fall under its vice.

[T: -4E L: -5E (Par)]

===Stats===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 73/68%
    Added effects:
    Other: Spd -1

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy: 69/65%
    Added Effects:
    Other: Spd -4

Hoo hah! With only 3 more rounds to go, who will start off with the better lead!

Entertaining quotes!

Advanced Trainer

...Damn, you're fast, DL. *hugs*

Anyway! Nicely done, Theo! Wurz was right, you are great! Righto. Start with Swords Dance, then Bite him and end with Night Slash. If Lickitung tries another Hammer Arm, Counter it.

plusle f, burmy m

Elite Trainer

*Pelvic Thrust*

Focus Punch, Thunder Wave, Counter

Veteran Trainer

I try Phoenixsong, I try n_n

New Battle!

====To Start====

===Rule Explanation===

===Battlers===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 73/68%
    Added effects:
    Other: Spd -1
    Swords Dance~Bite~Night Slash
    Sub: Counter 4 HammerTime Arm

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy: 69/65%
    Added Effects:
    Other: Spd -4
    Focus Punch~Thunder Wave~Counter

===Round 3===

Well, round three begins rather strong. Licki, although paralyzed, dosent feel the effects right this moment, and merely sits there with a really blank expression on his face. Meanwhile, Theo quietly gathers up his strength using the mystical dance of the swordsmen learned long ago.

Completed though, a rather nasty Focus Punch flew into his belly, sending him skyward!

[T: -5E/-12H (+2Atk) L: -9E]

Theo recovered from that hit very slowly, as Licki stretched out his tongue. A small bolt of lightning was at the end of it, and Licki flicked it away as Theo came in to Bite the soft pink fleshy muscle. All at once, we see that was a bad idea, and Theo succumbs instantly to paralysis

[T: -5E (Par) L: -4E]

Licki backed away-slowly, watching Theo carefully. Theo tested his legs, and noted that they were free to move. In a flash, he was on Licki, claws swinging
    wildly as Night Slashes encumbered Licki's body.

Though his attack was to counter it, Licki found himself unable to move, and therefore closed his eyes as the attack underwent!

[T: -7E L: -11H Oww Par >O!]

===Stats===

Theo de Veren; Absol (M)
    Health/Energy: 61/51%
    Added effects:
    Other: Spd -3 (Par)

Lickitung (M)
    Health/Energy: 58/52%
    Added Effects:
    Other: Spd -4 (Par)

Hoo hah! 2 rounds left for this first match-up! The match is still close, who can pull out a lead?!

MH u first!

Entertaining quotes!

Veteran Trainer

>> Here MH. Here is where you were supposed to post :O.!

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

Brick Break, fake a hammer arm triggering counter but instead merely prepare for a focus punch, and then Flamethrower.

Veteran Trainer

Well, this match is officially DQ'ed. ;_; Sad too, it was such a great idea. Well, you have a free slot Mega. No points to anyone. Lata

Entertaining quotes!

Elite Trainer

fuck...let's try it again