Thread: RMT; unsure about 6th member

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default RMT; unsure about 6th member

Another RMT for you forum goers. I'm kinda... debating, about a couple pokemon. Read on!

(You'll notice that I don't list Natures, or EV spreads. Because, most of the time, I won't be bothered. If I'm hatching something new, I'll try to get a decent Nature. Sometimes. Otherwise, I really have better things to do with my time. But I digress.)

Milotic
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Mirror Coat
    -Recover

Standard moveset, I think. Delicious Sp. Def., a very nice Ability, good other stats and Recover.

Mismagius
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Confuse Ray
    -Perish Song

Taught it Psychic because, during the course of the game, I needed a good psychic attacker on my team. It's actually served me really well, so I've kept it. Confuse Ray for irritation. Perish Song I'm loving; lets me be cheap against a final pokemon, as well as forcing the opponent to switch.

Altaria
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    -Dragon Dance
    -Rest

I thought Altaria looks cool. Boost self with Dragon Dance, Rest + Chesto Berry to clear away any damage I've taken, and then start smacking things.

Armaldo
    -X-scissor
    -Stone Edge
    -Swords Dance
    -Stealth Rock/Brick Break/Crush Claw

Iffy on what to include as the fourth move, here. All of them look interesting, but I haven't quite finished raising my Armaldo, so I don't know which would help the most, so far. Any better suggestions?

Jirachi
    -Psychic
    -Wish
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunder

Boring moveset I blatantly stole from other people. I like the fact that this keeps Wish, and makes use of Serene Grace, but... I noticed my Jirachi has the Attack up/Sp. Def. down nature, so I was kind of hoping to have a Physical Attack based set. Looks like Jirachi gets garbage for physical moves, though. Thoughts?

Oh, and I also considered Rain Dance/Thunder/Water Pulse/(Psychic or Wish), because it'd totally abuse Serene Grace, but I didn't think it'd really offer anything beneficial for my team. Maybe I'm wrong...?

Lastly:

Breloom
    -Spore
    -Focus Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Seed Bomb

Thought Breloom might be cool. *shrugs* I'm really unsure about this last one, but he seems to cover some type weaknesses pretty good, so I might try him out. Is there another pokemon (or even pokemon type) that might cover me better?

Thanks for any insights, helpful forum goers!

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: RMT; unsure about 6th member

Your choice of team member types is good. Before you add Breloom, Rock-type attacks are the only type that is super-effective against more than one party member. Adding Breloom gives you 2x weaknesses against Fire and Ice as well, but only three 2x weaknesses and no 3x ones is still quite good.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: RMT; unsure about 6th member

Ah, I see what you mean. Breloom does add a few extra type weaknesses. Okay, well, working off that angle, I'm considering adding one of these two:

Umbreon
    -Mean Look
    -Baton Pass
    -Toxic
    -Wish

Umbreon would be great from a weaknesses standpoint, and offers great support. Baton Passing Mean Look/Toxic/Wish looks really nice, and would pair well with Mismagius' Perish Song. However, this thing doesn't have any direct attacks, which makes me uneasy.

Or...

Drapion
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Night Slash
    -Cross Poison
    -Thunder/Fire/Ice Fang or Roar

Drapion is also great for keeping down team weaknesses, though it gives me another Ground weakness. I've also wanted to use one of these bad boys since I saw that Elite Four member with one. Whaddya think?