Thread: Giratina, etc.

Threaded View

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Giratina, etc.

Yeah. I was bored, so I decided to make up some kinda weirdish themed teams based on various junk. Then I thought it'd be cool to theme teams around some of the big, scary legendaries, using that legendary and then five other non-legendary Pokémon. (Of course, that makes the Kyogre team not fun because that means no Manaphy--and I have such a good one!--no Suicune and no Palkia, but eh.) Not for use against anyone who doesn't want to fight ubers, of course.

Anyway, the Giratina team, titled "Nocturne" because I'm lame like that, is the one I'm currently focusing on; it's Ghost/Dark/Psychic/Poison, currently, but I may have to add something else in there to make the types balance out more. I'd rather be focusing on a Standard team, but I've got such a block right now that I can't. So, uh, yeah. The other five members are kinda up in the air--I was thinking something like Drapion, Gallade, Weavile/CSAbsol, maybe a Spiritomb, Umbreon or Metagross in there somewhere--but as I can't decide on anything other than Drapion (with Sniper and a crit-up item or maybe as an annoyer) and probably Gallade, for now I present to you my Giratina, because I have such a perty one anyway.

Giratina @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature, 252 HP/118 Def/140 SA
    Minimum Final Stats: 482 HP/207 Atk/290 Def/270 SA/298 SD/210 Spd
    -Protect/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Shadow Force
    -Aura Sphere
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Calm Mind

More or less, Calm Mind it up until it's untouchable, Will-O-Wisp to compensate for the fact that there's no Defense boost and to force switches/be irritating, Aura Sphere as primary means of attack. Protect buys it extra time with Lefties and is fun with Pressure, Dragon Pulse or Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse (not sure which) basically for Ghosts (and Psychics/Dragons), and... probably won't use Shadow Force, as with 207 Attack it's weaksauce and also can't hit Normals, but it can still hit Ghosts and is kind of a free Protect that might also cause damage. Eh, yeah, not that great an idea (it was better before I remembered it was physical and not special). I might also consider Heal Block so other things have trouble outstalling it, and maybe Draco Meteor, but that's probably not worth it. Oh, and maybe Earth Power. I really don't know. I guess I could also replace Will-O-Wisp with Protect, as WOW isn't really necessary and is just annoying and fun. Eh, maybe I should. (And there's Ominous Wind, which also doesn't cost me a hard-to-replace TM... I need to stop now, I'm confusing myself.)

Barring my indecision about the first slot, the only real problem I can see this having is a Calm Mind Blissey with Ice Beam, and even then as long as I can get in a few Calm Minds before Blissey shows up that shouldn't be too much of a problem, should it? (And if it is, well, that's what Gallade is for, my lovelies. Close Combat = BlisseyDIE.) Oh, and Roar/Whirlwind/whatever, but those suck in general. It's not a Cradily, so whaddayagonnadoaboutit anyway? Roar screws everything over.

Eh, yeah. So, thoughts on my Giratina? Suggestions for the other members of my team? Free food? Anyone?
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 2nd August 2007 at 03:47 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m