Thread: Wheel of Time

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Wheel of Time

Anyone else read this book series? Trying to get an idea of how many peeps if any have read any of this for an idea I have

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Wheel of Time

I've seen it before, and I've wanted to read it... I'll pick up the first book or two next time I'm at the library, if they have it.

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

Might want to hold off on jumping into this series right now. With one book remaining to be written, author Robert Jordan passed away. It's said his wife and editor is planning on writing the final installment but many other series have been ruined by a new author picking up where the original author left off. I'd wait for the fan reviews of the final book before getting involved in the series if you are concerned about closure.

Elite Trainer

Well JT its a great book series so I wouldnt ever tell someone not to read it, all things considered. I mean he was already starting to write the last book when it happened, and he left notes for them to be able to finish it the way he wanted. Im not too worried about it, cause the 11 books leading up to that last unfinished one are so good that Im obsessed with the series XD even if the last book doesnt come out for years its worth it for what hes already written so far

But JT are you a fan? If so I might be cooking something up that youll like :>

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I admit that the WoT series is one of my all time favorites, my concern with making an RPG is how sprawlingly huge one may be tempted to make it.
    The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go.
    What was, what will be, and what is may yet fall under the Shadow
    Let the dragon once again ride on the winds of time.

Haven't read any of them. I'm sure I'd love them but every time I got tempted to buy them I was either broke or warned to wait a few months because the next one was coming out soon (since book 7 about every time I got tempted I was told the next book would be out in several months).

I just kept putting it off because I hate having to wait on cliffhangers. Well, here I am tempted again but I am two months past broke. The real world can really suck a lot kiddies.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I have an easy way around broke. 1. Go to book store.

2. find book.

3. read book in store.

alternately, if there's a local library...

Elite Trainer

Yeah I havent bought any of them (although rudy got me the 8th book and New Spring recently for a late bday present) so check the library :> just be sure to check out 2 at a time cause if your like me you will go through them quick and want the next one at hand ^-~
    And dont worry kalad if I do make this it wont be quite as huge as the whole series, although I would include a map. Mainly it would all center around one city, and the map would be there to give people an idea of where they want their character to be originally from (if you want more hints kalad since you read it send me a PM ^v~ its tasty!)

Thought I'd post to see if this was still potentially in the works. I spent most of November reading all 11 books. Since RPG is so painfully quiet I thought maybe an rpg about a series with a darn near fanatical following might spruce the place up a bit. I'm not willing to write one myself but I'll wait in line if anyone else wants to take the initiative! The forum needs something to spur some activity and this seems like a good prospect for it. Out of curiosity, which city and during what events were you wanting to run this Asilynne?

Is anyone still interested in the idea of a Wheel of Time rpg?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

YES!

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw JT View Post
    Thought I'd post to see if this was still potentially in the works. I spent most of November reading all 11 books. Since RPG is so painfully quiet I thought maybe an rpg about a series with a darn near fanatical following might spruce the place up a bit. I'm not willing to write one myself but I'll wait in line if anyone else wants to take the initiative! The forum needs something to spur some activity and this seems like a good prospect for it. Out of curiosity, which city and during what events were you wanting to run this Asilynne?
    Sorry its been awhile and Ive been so busy its not even funny, but yes Im actually in a position to start writing again (when Im not working, going to school and doing homework that is...oh yeah and helping out with my new lil nephew x.x lol) So yeah Ill start writing it up when I get a large amount of spare time
    As for the city/time period, the events might take place in a time out of time so to speak, it will be like a snapshot of the series before the breaking of the white tower, and it takes place mainly in Tar Valon. If you want more info and also want to co-own it with me JT since you seem as obsessed as myself XD then contact me on aim or pm ok :>