Thread: Ash to be in Elite Four in future game?

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Ash to be in Elite Four in future game?

I was just thinking that maybe in a future pokemon game Nintendo should make Ash Ketchum one of the Elite Four. I mean after all Koga, who was a former gym leader in Red/Blue became a member in Gold/Silver and Gary became a gym leader of all things so maybe Ash could be like the Final person in the Elite Four that you fight or maybe even the champion that you have to fight after beating the Elite Four instead of say Lance, for example. Does anyone else think Ash should be in the Elite Four also or do they think they could recommend anyone else ?

But he's still here! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Ash to be in Elite Four in future game?

Unlikely unless they make another completely anime based Pokemon game (The only one so far being Yellow). Plus they've already had 'Red' as the final trainer in GSC, not to mention Ash has a stupid and boring team. I think they should make an Orange Islands game. That saga was cool.

I Finnished last Moderator

Hey hehe, we could think there isn't Orange Islands game because...Finland skipped the eppies! Finland skipped the eppies! OK, that was pointless complaining here...

But, I am not quite sure about this, but I think there has never been a person named Ash in the games, just Red/Blue or something in his place.

However, Ash becoming a gym leader would be an intersesting plot twist in the anime, unlikely to happen though. But if it were to happen, perhaps there then would be a gym with Ash as the leader. In any case, I agree with Mega Horny that Ash's team is simply poor.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Ash being Gym Leader on the Orange Islands would make sense, after all he won the cup there. But as was stated before, he was the "final boss" of Pokémon Gold/Silver already, so it's unlikely to see him again in a game.

If not in the game, it would be interesting seeing him as Gym Leader in the anime. Maybe in a Pokémon series taking place several years after his adventures.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

OMERTA Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

It isn't likely, but it's an idea to consider. Even if his team has never been the best, Ash is the biggest personality in the pokemon fanchise, right up there with Pikachu. It would be interesting to see him make an in-game appearence as an Elite 4 member or Gym leader.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    If not in the game, it would be interesting seeing him as Gym Leader in the anime. Maybe in a Pokémon series taking place several years after his adventures.
    It's a possibility, although I have a hard time seeing the franchise go in that direction at this point. I suppose they could make a Chronicles-like side series (except obviously taking place decades down the line), but considering how recognizable the characters of the main series are now (from Ash, Brock, Pikachu, and Team Rocket to long-lost characters like Misty and Tracey), I don't think they'll completely abandon that in order to start anew.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    It's a possibility, although I have a hard time seeing the franchise go in that direction at this point. I suppose they could make a Chronicles-like side series (except obviously taking place decades down the line), but considering how recognizable the characters of the main series are now (from Ash, Brock, Pikachu, and Team Rocket to long-lost characters like Misty and Tracey), I don't think they'll completely abandon that in order to start anew.
    I agree. Especially since that's what Yu-Gi-Oh! did; now, that series is little more than a joke. The original could've been improved in a lot of ways, but not the way GX did it. Maybe the makers of Pokemon learned from that.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, I don't see him appearing as "boss" character in either game or anime.
    Why? Well...

The Pokémon is based on a solid formula... Ash being the convinced Pokémon-Master-to-be, accompanied by several different persona. Team Rocket serves as the main comedy relieve / recurring archenemies / underdogs. Brock and a possible Max-type person are the walking PokéDex and "caring" person. Misty/May/Dawn add the feminine touch to the show: the potential love interest (with accompanying jealousy in some episodes), the interest in Contest (fashion) in contrast to battles (action)... Sometimes mature subjects are touched, like abandonement, concern for the environment, friendship... Filler episodes serve their purpose, namely to fill the gap between larger, arch-type episodes (which may or may not be Gym battles) and Gym Battle / Contest / League episodes, in which we see the Pokémon world in true action, as opposed to the daily-life feeling to the filler episodes.
    Basically, you don't touch a winning formula, except to include more winning elements, like Contests. (Yes, I know about Misty, but, I don't read minds, you know. Maybe they judged her to be too tomboyish or something. Plus, the new behind-thought with each League is 'Start anew'.)

The game, on the otherhand, has been very distinct from the anime. It's an RPG, you are the main focus of the game, and in each game, you're a fresh starting Pokémon Trainer. (Even in Orre, you "start out" with as little as 1 to 2 Pokémon, albeit on higher levels, but that's because the focus is on battling/purifying, remember.)
    I just think that any to close references to the anime would be distracting you from the focus of the game. That is, to beat the Elite Four, get your PokéDex filled, rack up records in Contest Halls and Battle facilities... Basically, what any game is about: to play out the game, to get your name on the first place of the high score list.
    Now, there's Pokémon Yellow. Obviously, they wanted to wring out the success of the anime. (The TCG has "Blaine's Tauros" or the likes in one particular deck too, doesn't it?) Even here, they don't stray from the formula that much. It's more of an updated RBG: better graphics, new boss battles (Team Rocket), new goal (making friends with Pikachu), ...
    And in Silver, they basically made a step back. It's Red, not Ash, that's waiting for you at the end of Mnt. Silver. He has all the Starters of the previous Generation, including Pikachu, the Eevolution Espeon (Eevee being symbol of Pokémon evolution and of Red being equal, or superior, to his rival, who started out with Eevee, according to Yellow). And Snorlax, ... who is... big? Well, he was a prominent 'star' in RBGY (as road obstruction), and you could see it as a hidden reference to the Orange Islands?
    And, it is Blue, the defeated Champion, who became Gym Leader. Maybe Red is above all that, above even taking up Leadership as E4 Champion.

Basically, what I am saying, I don't see it coming, Ash as boss person. Maybe in a GSC remake, but the chances are slim even for that to happen.

Besides, he'd still have to travel, or it'd be all about "The Live 'n Times in the Empty Gym". Because, unless he's so popular they're swarming to battle him, a Gym Leader has to have other occupations to avoid boredom during the unavoidable waiting period between battles. Pokémon Trainers aren't that common that he would have a battle every, say, hour of every day, I reckon.
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!