Thread: Has Anybody Here Heard About Toys 'R' Us's Upcoming Manaphy Giveaway?

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Has Anybody Here Heard About Toys 'R' Us's Upcoming Manaphy Giveaway?

That's right, this Saturday at Toys 'R' Us, you can get a special Manaphy!

I first learned about it at Bulbapedia quite awhile ago (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the following link, since I'm not totally sure if it falls under the "No Links to Other Pokemon Sites" rule here):

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...y_in_September

September 29th is looming now, and the official Pokemon site has instructions on how to get Manaphy.

Soooooooo...

Is anyone here gonna do it?

Personally, I dunno. I already have Empoleon as my Water-type, so my getting a Toys 'R' Us Manaphy would be more for posterity than utility (unlike my Toys 'R' Us Mew, who serves as my "LeafGreen" team's Psychic-type). Also, my Dad's been working Saturdays lately, and I have a feeling this Saturday may not be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Slugma Extraordinaire Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Has Anybody Here Heard About Toys 'R' Us's Upcoming Manaphy Giveaway?

I would love to, but the nearest Toys 'R' Us is like thirty-five miles away, I have no car, and the local bus doesn't go that far. So yeah.
    Avatar made by Jade Dragonair. Thanks very much, JD!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Has Anybody Here Heard About Toys 'R' Us's Upcoming Manaphy Giveaway?

I already got one from Ranger...but I may try for another one. We'll see how I feel. Had they said Darkrai, well then, that's a different story.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Might View Post
    I first learned about it at Bulbapedia quite awhile ago (I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the following link, since I'm not totally sure if it falls under the "No Links to Other Pokemon Sites" rule here):

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...y_in_September
    Posting links is totally okay as long they're relevant to the topic and link directly to the story (rather than linking to, say, Bulbagarden's main page and giving people directions to the relevant material). That link's perfectly fine, just so you know.

Thanks for the info! There's a Toys R' Us fairly near me, so it may be worth the quick trip to get a Manaphy. Especially since I never got Ranger despite fully intending to do so.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

OOooo!! I have the times for PA! Or Eire that is! September 29th, 12-3pm only ._. I have a wedding to go to on that day...and the anime convention.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Posting links is totally okay as long they're relevant to the topic and link directly to the story (rather than linking to, say, Bulbagarden's main page and giving people directions to the relevant material). That link's perfectly fine, just so you know.
    Oh, good. I already kinda knew that, but I just wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure.

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm never sure- I just wander around in a certain bliss.

Why are they doing it the 29th!? It's grrrr! Everything is on the 29TH!! Lord!
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.