Thread: Pokemon CDs

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Pokemon CDs

I own a total of four Pokemon CDs. They're crazy! And here's why.

This is the first CD I ever owned. I've had it for YEARS. And after all that time, you know what? I ONLY JUST NOTICED it has a bonus music video. Go me.

This is the second CD I ever had. The music is a little saccarine and 90s-ish for my taste, and it doesn't help that it was apparently made by these people.

I also have this one. The music from the second movie is much better than the music from the first one's CD. The first movie's CD includes N*SYNC, Brittany Spears, and Arron Carter. (Wait a minute... wasn't he like eight years old when this movie came out?) The second movie had Donna Summer, Weird Al and the B-52s. (Rock Corphish!)

Finally, I also have this lovely album. 1/4 of the songs were in the movie, and 1/8 of the songs have anything at all to do with Pokemon. It says "music for and inspired by this movie" or something like that on it. Yeah, right. Like any of these "artists" actually watched the movie. At least Mewtwo is on the front.
    Last edited by AdventureSerum; 4th October 2007 at 06:28 PM.
    [IMG]horsephone.bmp[/IMG]

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Pokemon CDs

When I was totally into Pokémon back in the early 2000s I used to buy almost any Pokémon CD I could get my hands on. Whenever a new Pokémon game is released and I play it a lot (last Pokémon XD on the GameCube) I still listen to them.

I have accompanying CDs for the first two Pokémon movies, the accompanying German CD for the 3rd movie, the soundtrack CDs for the first two movies, the accompanying first CD for the Pokémon anime (Kanto series), the same CD in German and a CD from I think one of the Pikachu mini movies.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

The Aura is with me. Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I only ever got my hands on the first CD (2.B.A. Master), the one for the first and second movie I once rented from the local library.

It's a shame they don't seem to be sold around here anymore, or I would have bought them. 2.B.A. Master has some great songs, but it's tiresome to hear them for the umpteenth time with no (legally available) alternative Pokémon music to listen to.

Oh yeah, so it contains a movie video heh? Lol, I've never noticed. Go me.
    Thanks Orion, for my reflection...
    Numbuh 24/7, Teen KND Operative of Sector TNT, [Hey, I can dream, can't I? ]
    My AP Page, a construction site since 20XX AD.
    (Spoiler:) The Compas Is A Lie!

for all seasons Moderator

I'm PROUD to state that I own 2.B.A. Master, as well as the 'soundtrack' for the movie that you listed last.
    I was so pleased with myself when they started playing the former CD's songs at the end of each episode, some time after I had already purchased the CD, making me feel privy to some sort of knowledge that regular show-watchers did not have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I've got 2.B.A. Master, Pokemon the First Movie soundtrack, Pokemon 2000 soundtrack, Pokemon 3 soundtrack, Totally Pokemon, Pokemon Christmas Bash, and an extremely wide variety of other tracks that were never put on American CDs.

...No further comment about that last part. Yeah.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

TPM's Statistician Honorary ModeratorMaster Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

I own a lot more Pokemon CDs that that...
    I just love the Japanese ones too.
    homeofmew
    (homeofmew#1337)

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The only CDs I own are Pokemon X: 10 Years of Pokemon and the Pokemon 3 soundtrack.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Does it have that song that goes over the credits on it? That was a good song.

I Finnished last Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureSerum View Post
    Does it have that song that goes over the credits on it? That was a good song.
    Do you mean 'To Know the Unknown'?

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Ultima.../dp/B00005BGWG

It's right there, if this is the right CD. It's highly probable that credits songs of any movie are in the soundtrack CD, often full-length versions.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I don't actually own any Pokemon CD's but I remember downloading all of 2BA Master when I was younger, which included rocking out to the ENTIRE 151-Pokemon Pokerap lol... and the crappy karaoke guys, OH the memories haha...

However I do own the Sailor Moon albums... dum de dum... one of which I bought a few months ago. XD
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

What are you looking at? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Arrow Re: Pokemon CDs

I am back after a long absence--I've been moving to an apartment. Less stress all around

I have all the English-made CDs: 2 B A Master, Pokemon Johto, Pokemon X, and for the three movies. My sister--the lucky b***h has the first CD in Japanese

I'm not really fond of the Johto CD (too cheesy) or the first movie with the exception of the last two songs "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back" and "Brother My Brother" by Blessid Union Of Souls
    midnightangel
    Just a Twitter slut and a Tumblr whore.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Yeah, they just used the first movie CD as a pack animal for unrelated 90's pop.

for all seasons Moderator

Wink Re: Pokemon CDs

Quote Originally Posted by midnightangel View Post
    I am back after a long absence--I've been moving to an apartment. Less stress all around
    Had me worried you'd ditched us like everyone else 'round these parts, mid.

Anyway, in my mad effort to fill my new iPod with stuff, I've been uploading every single CD I own, and came upon 2.B.A. Master. So before I uploaded anything, I thought I'd give it another listen for the first time in some six years or so, see if there was anything worthwhile to put on, and you know what?
    I actually still really like a lot of the stuff on it. It's cheesey as all hell, but tunes like 2B A Master and What Kind of Pokemon Are You seem to have held up really well. Plus, I still remember the first verse of the PokeRap. I don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit