• All

2 15.38%
  • None

0 0%

Thread: Poll-less.

shazza Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Poll-less.

For the first time in awhile, I browsed the PCG forum to only see Games being on the first page. What do you think happened to all the Polls? Why did they phase out?

I'd like to argue a change of attitude and member activity resulted in the current status of PCG.

Here is the Poll.

What do you prefer, Polls or Games? (Or non-existent Clubs?)

I'm a Poll man myself, I enjoy answering things about myself which I might not have realised, and liked comparing to other members answers.
    -shazza.

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Default Re: Poll-less.

I prefer games. While polls can be interesting, I find games to be much more fun to participate in.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

I Finnished last Moderator

Heh, before this, the newest poll reply was in mr_pikachu's 'Poll: Love makes the world go round' by SupremeChampion, on 16th of July.

There was a time when I only replied to polls. I was afraid I could get hooked on the games, which I do now. But now I have noticed that the games are so funny, I laugh aloud when I read them.

Also, remember that there was a time when there were too many polls, it was decdied that a user should not create more than 2 polls a day.

Like I was planning to say in a game I invented (Have I Got TPM News for You)

"Well, here at TPM we have had Polls, Clubs and Games, Polls, Polls and Polls, Polls and Games, and now we have Games, Games and Games."

That is still waiting for mod approving, by the way...

There are games which I am not interested in, but there are also polls I am not intertested in. I think all the topics here make sense, there are no SPAM, but some of them haven't just opened to me. I still vote for games because they are funnier and can all the people replying to games nowadays be wrong?

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

I like all. There used to be clubs before. They were fun, but took a lot of time and effort to maintain, so they gradually disappeared. Polls kept going for a while, but since the lifespan of any one poll is normally just a few days, if people stop posting new ones they tend to disappear as well. There are some games, on the other hand, which practically run themselves, so they can last for years. I think that's why we have mostly games these days. People are not taking an active part in the running of this forum (and its subforum) lately.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

I always liked the polls best but then there were too many anti-poll posts. You had to make your replies longer and the polls had to be more original and the polls were closed cause they were already done, then the Pokémon polls all disappeared to General Discussion and now there's no polls anymore. Booh.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I like all of the above, really. I think the problem is that a lot of people don't want to spend a lot of time thinking up something that will only see one iteration. As they see it, what's the point in creating something that will fade from memory as soon as a few people have posted? It's easy to become discouraged by such a prospect when, in contrast, we have games that last for dozens upon dozens of versions.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

for all seasons Moderator

I like polls best because I can boost my postcount without any real effort. lol ahh the splendour of oldschool TPM PCG replies...

Besides, polls are a great chance to think about something I wouldn't have otherwise considered that day, like what was the last thing I bought, or who is your favourite Blues Brother... that kinda stuff gets me through life, see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I am going for Poll. Poll topic reveal some truths about your fellow online friend. Sometimes they could be disturbing, sometimes they could be unexpected. After all, would not it be interesting to know that someone that comes to the same forum has the same weird personality like you do?

Games on the other hand are fun. However, I must admit that certain members in the past had abused it some way or another, making them quite spammish. But then things have changed and we have a set of rule to monitor and clarified the blurry line that divides between a spam and a game topic worthy reply.

Clubs? Well, I had not been in an online club before. Looking way back 3 or even 4 years ago, clubs used to be very popular amongst the members. I am not so sure on what happen and why do they die out so far. But if anyone wants to open a club that perhaps catches my attention, I would probably join.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I like Polls the best, Games second, and I generally hate the Clubs because they're always sick pedophile societies dedicated to sitting near Molly Hale or May in bikinis or something.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Covfefe Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I prefer polls over most games, but Lingo > any poll.
    In 20 years, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge together into one super big time-wasting site called YouTwitFace.

We're not going to Guam... are we?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I like polls the best because I find them more interesting.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I love polls! I posted in like every single poll there ever was, lol. I don't know what happened to them all guess they kinda died out when people stopped coming here so frequently. I'd love to see more of them though

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

When I first came to TPM I loved the games and posted in all of them all the time... promptly breaking that old 5-posts-in-a-game-daily-please rule... but then I pretty quickly moved into AC/CC games and making polls and stuff. I liked clubs but they were never really a feature as long as I've been here. These days, I just answer the occasional poll. I'm getting old, see.

The King of Games Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

i always preferred polls myself. they were always fun to answer, especially the original ones. you would put up an honest answer, then see how it compared to the rest of the people who frequent this board. that was always interesting. though i must say, clubs were pretty cool, too, even if nothing really ever happened in them anyhow.

~The Italian Stallion
    SupremeChampion
    To Be The Best, You've Got To Beat The Best
    Create your own destiny, and never fear failure...
    Proud Member of the Public Beatin' Club! HIZZAH!
    Up Here

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I prefer you over anything.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

What are you looking at? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I like polls myself. It's fun to read what others' are saying and it's fun to add my personal opinion to the responses
    It's like I'm sharing a part of myself with you
    Last edited by midnightangel; 27th December 2007 at 06:00 PM.
    midnightangel
    Just a Twitter slut and a Tumblr whore.

shazza Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by firepokemon View Post
    I prefer you over anything.
    Over seven years and I still haven't grown tired of you.
    -shazza.