Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The Daily News

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: The Daily News

Russia weighs Cuba, Venezuela Air Bases

Russia could use bases for its strategic bombers on the doorstep of the United States in Cuba and Venezuela to underpin long-distance patrols in the region, a senior air force officer said Saturday.

"This is possible in Cuba," General Anatoly Zhikharev, chief of the Russian air force's strategic aviation staff, told the Interfax-AVN military news agency.

Zhikharev said Cuba had a several air bases equipped with the long runways needed by the heavy bombers and said the facilities there were "entirely acceptable" for use by the Russian aircraft during long-distance patrols.

"If the will of the two states is there, the political will, then we are prepared to fly there" to the bases in Cuba, the agency quoted Zhikharev as saying.

The general also said that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez had offered to let Russian strategic bombers use a military airfield on La Orchila island, a military base off the west coast of the country.

Looks like Russia decided to take up the Joe Biden Challenge (A nation would test Obama), now the ball is in their court...some how after the past few weeks that isn't very assuring.

Cloyster Moderator

In the lighter side of the news, a postcard arrives in Ohio. The problem? Both the receiver and sender are dead. That's because it was sent 47 years ago. Better late than never?
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

If the post service is going to be like that, I might as well deliver my post in person!

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Having actually worked at Dulles processing and distribution plant before, I can tell you that everyone who works there is lazy and theres a general sense of apathy, lets just say if you mark shit fragile that just makes the mail clerks throw it harder XD

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well the story made it's way across the Right Wing Blogs for the past week, and it just hit Yahoo and Drudge meaning its about to break on the mainstream news at possibly the worst time for the Obama Administration.

The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Yes, the headline is right, for the past week or so, the Obama Administration has been secretly putting out trial balloons for a plan to make Wounded Vets pay for their own health care through private insurance companies.

I would put in a snarky comment about the Obama Administration. But this story is so serious, and their plans so evil, that i don't think it is appropriate.

why wub woo Moderator

Killing officially policy in NHS

Anyone who has ever experienced the sheer ineptness of the National Health Service, the UK's state-owned health service, will know how going to an NHS hospital is possibly the worst thing you can do if you're ill, considering how many people who visit one end up dying. However, up until now it was assumed that the deaths were caused by the lack of quality and the absolute squalor of the hospitals. Now, it seems, doctors have just been killing patients.

Thank you Labour. Thank you for spending umpteen billion pounds on a useless IT system when it is plain knowledge that many NHS hospitals are complete dumps. Thank you for ruining what was once the pride and joy of the UK. You won't be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Yeh stuff like this is friggin' horrible, sometimes you think if they actually care or not.

At least they got good names for their wards "The Daedalus Stroke Rehabilitation Ward

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Idiot teens strike again

So between Phelips and Biden's Daughter, you would think all of America's youth is on some kind of illegal substance.

With the Obama/Special Olympics problem having just passed, you have to wonder if the White House is filled with people pulling their hair out.

why wub woo Moderator

Idiot 'teens'? Isn't Biden's daughter 27? That makes her just a regular idiot. For idiot teens, see Jenna Bush, who was caught underage drinking, or Palin's daughter, who got knocked up by some guy.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Idiot 'teens'? Isn't Biden's daughter 27? That makes her just a regular idiot. For idiot teens, see Jenna Bush, who was caught underage drinking, or Palin's daughter, who got knocked up by some guy.
    I was going to include the Bush twins but I figured that was far too back for anyone to remember. Palin's daughter hasn't done drugs...yet.

why wub woo Moderator

Getting knocked up accidentally as a teen is arguably more stupid than dabbling in drugs.

In other, more lulzy news,

Cops return rope used by suicidal man to his widow

You gotta love their commitment to handing literally every possession on his person to his next of kin.
    Last edited by Heald; 29th March 2009 at 08:05 AM.

for all seasons Moderator

So I'm sure many of y'all heard the story of NFL player Ryan Moats being kept from his dying mother in law for running a red light, but according to Zach Thomas' wife, this isn't the first time the officer in question has been rather excessive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    So I'm sure many of y'all heard the story of NFL player Ryan Moats being kept from his dying mother in law for running a red light, but according to Zach Thomas' wife, this isn't the first time the officer in question has been rather excessive...
    I am sooooo sick of this story. It has dominated Dallas News since last Thursday, and to tell the truth I am really ready for them to move on to something more important. By the way people treat this, you would think that the cop shot the woman.

Better than political topics every post.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    Better than political topics every post.
    Yeah but my Local Political Radio Show has been taken up with talk of it since its a local issue. So the only thing I listen to outside of Russ Martin has been wall to wall Officer talk.

Perhaps you'd prefer the cult mother who starved her one-year-old to death for refusing to say 'Amen' after a meal. Her terms seem reasonable enough; she wants the guilty charge dropped if her son is resurrected.

why wub woo Moderator

This thread has gotten a bit too long; closing and archiving, will commence new thread soon.