Thread: POLL: Bosses and Gender

why wub woo Moderator

Default POLL: Bosses and Gender

This one has been bugging me for a bit. I'd like an honest response please.

In this poll, 'boss' is defined as anyone when you've been in paid employment that you would directly answer to (i.e. section manager, line manager, store manager, team leader). Basically someone who was at least one promotion level above you who had authority to give you tasks. An example is working as a cashier at a shop, your bosses would the section leader of the cashiers and the shop manager, but perhaps not the warehouse manager as he/she is in a different department. Also, don't count people who were too high up the chain to never bother with you, or people who never actually interacted with you.

1) What gender are you?
    2) How many male bosses have you had?
    3) How many female bosses have you had?
    4) Did your bosses ever treat you and other workers of your gender differently than workers of the opposite gender? Please elaborate and please list the gender of the boss in question.

---

1) Male
    2) 2
    3) 2
    4) I've worked at 2 stores, a grocery store and an electrical store. In each I had both a male and female boss. There was a tendency amongst the female managers to give the males more menial duties (such as stock replenishment, replacing labels etc.) whilst letting the females more glamourous duties (such as cashing up and performing sales, and at the electrical store, that meant they got the best commissions). At the grocery store, my male manager was pretty cool and I got to do a variety of stuff, but the female manager was a bitch who treated me and the other males like shit and was always trying to act like she was better than us because she earned 50p extra per hour than us. She was nearly as bitchy to the good-looking girls (I think she hated the competition) and was pally with the ugly girls (because she was a fat ugly man-beast) but always gave the girls the best duties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

GAR-BAGE DAY! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: POLL: Bosses and Gender

1) Male
    2) 1
    3) 0
    4) I can't really say if we would treat women differently, because my company (a construction firm) has never had a female employee. It's a family business, and the women of the family tend to go into other lines of work.
    The Place That Is No More - Because the world needed to hear me rant and rave.

My ASB A-Team: Qwerty (Magneton), Cici (female Shuckle), Pudge (male Persian), Fuji (male Torkoal), Light (Starmie), Matthias (male Flygon) (six others)