Thread: *~ RPG Forum Conference ~*

Threaded View

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default *~ RPG Forum Conference ~*

Bulbasaur4 sat upon the velvet-soft chair of crimson, crossing her legs neatly as she held a cup of warm tea. The steam rolled off of it lazily, wiggling only in the slight brush of a breeze as unfamiliar figures would pass. Her blue-bitten eyes were a bit tired from the previous night- staring at papers, jotting down notes and thoughts had plagued her. Yet today would be a different day, or at least she quietly hoped so. She had even rose earlier in the morning to dress herself in formal attire- hoping it would add to the seriousness of the situation.

Her silken dress of rose and black palettes was one she carefully chose, rather liking the black tie that wrapped into a bow at her back. Reaching just above her knees, it was rimmed in black as well along the sleeveless lines along her shoulders. The slightly plunging neckline helped expose the glittering silver necklace that tickled against her collarbone. Her hair was hanging loosely down- she had fought with the flatiron for a time to tame the wild and rather stubborn tendrils- but at least, it agreed to flow loosely about her shoulders in its dark, mahogany hue. Lastly had been her shoes- oh the shoes. Bulbasaur4 had never liked shoes very much, having a difficult time to pick any pair in a store, let along in her closet. After several minutes of contemplation, she finally retired to choosing black, crisscrossed sandals of glistening ebony.

"Bulbie... we're almost ready." A voice called to her, snapping her out of her meandering haze. She had been waiting in a rather empty room. The walls were plainly painted white which made a stark contrast to the couple of crimson chairs and black tables. Magazines were strewn about the tables from various past dates, as the water machine occasionally made a grumbling bubble-ensued noise.

"Alright, you're on." The voice called from outside the hall. The door was open and she rose swiftly, nerves clenching at her stomach. Things like this always made her nervous- always tormented her insides. She was not a very confident person- not in the least, although she had quietly mastered the fake appearance to seem wholly so.

"You've made announcements before... there's no worry. You have done this many, many times... no worries... no worries..." She thought repeatedly as her shoes clacked against the faded wooden floors. She could see the podium out upon the stage as she approached it from the left and the sight of it immediately sent her heart into her throat.
    It was true she had done this many times, but not like this. Lately... well, not lately but in the past year or so such things had left a sour taste in her mouth. Her life was a roller coaster, especially now as she struggled to march her way through her final year of studies and prepare her thesis for her hopeful graduation. Yet, the more she had strived towards this, the more she strained to keep the contacts that so long ago she had acquired. In earnest, she had hoped that understanding and encouragement would have ensued- but the hope, seemed to wane.

Perhaps they thought her deaf, or perhaps they knew she could hear and they wanted that. But indeed, she heard the whisperings from other departments or from those who delved in multiple ones. It was tiresome, it was harsh... it was something that did not inspire her, but rather it deepened her already dismal outlook. She wanted something to be done, she had tried many times and yet her failures seemed to stick into minds like glue rather than her success. It was something she wanted to stop and it was something she was going to be frank and upfront about - something many had failed to do out of courtesy.

A murmur rumbled through the seats before the podium and Bulbasaur4 couldn't help but flicker a nervous gaze over at them. All of them were familiar faces- most of them members, some of them visitors that she had come in contact with. She tried to soak in the smiles aimed in her direction, ignoring the sour faces that seemed to stand out like a bright light.

Taking in a deep breath, she reached the podium and placed her hands neatly upon the edges. A glance down at the ground, a glance back up at the group before her. This was why she was here; for them, for the department.

"Whatever the outcome... this is for the best." She thought, her face flickering from anxiety to that of a bright, wide-eyed smile.

"Greetings, fellows of the RPG forum," She said. "I am sure are all wondering why I have called for this... conference of sorts. Allow me to explain."

It has come to my attention that for quite some time, there has been some discontentment with the overall forum. I hear whisperings and rumors of varying degrees, and at first I tried to put out such discontentment on an individual basis. Yet, then I realized I was merely putting out candles when there was a blazing fire behind me. There is simply too much backtalk to hear everything, so here I am addressing everyone openly, frankly and deliberately."

Let us face it, the RPG forum is not doing well. It can barely be called active and seems to be moving to a pace that to some, is embarrassing. It has not gone unnoticed. I've heard that many wish for a new moderator or believe that perhaps a new moderator will bring inspiration and new movement into the RPG forum. Others have said that they want new things to be done to the forum itself- new activities or such things to help bring new life to the forum."

As the senior moderator, I felt that this whole ordeal should be brought out in the open. Let me assure you, whether you choose to believe more or not, that it pains me greatly to see the state that things are in now. Not to throw my years around but to speak the truth, when I say that over the years, the RPG forum has become very dear to me. I've lived through and grown through its disappointments, its successes, its dramas, its spirited moments... I've been around through it all. The forum to me, to put it in a slang way, is 'my baby'- I love it more than any site and I take pride in all the things its done."

So, in that perspective I want whatever is good for you, the members. Because if you haven't realized by now, the forum is not an object that we have come to love and enjoy. The forum is us. If you love the RPG forum, you love the interaction with your fellow RPers, their characters, their stories. The relationship a member of this forum strikes with one another is far different than in any other forum. All of us should take pride in our abilities and our relations, regardless of the good or bad that comes with that. We would not be human if with every rise, there isn't some fall."

In that perspective, I have called together this meeting as a chance for discussion. It is quite obvious to me that if the RPG forum is to climb towards greater activity, it must be a group effort. It cannot be done by a single member, because the forum is a group effort, just like any created RPG. So if the RPG can gain some more activity, even just a little, then let's try."

What is it that you, the forum, want? I hear cries of 'new blood' and 'new ideas' but yet I have yet to have anyone address this to me. If there is something you'd like a moderator to start or try, then let me, us, know. Share your ideas, your desires and whatever else you might believe in. I cannot read your mind nor can any of the other moderators, so these things must be communicated. Of course, remember too that you do not need a moderator to try new, innovative ideas! This is your forum just as much as it is ours."

On another note as well, if you wish for a new moderator and truly believe that will aid in revitalizing the RPG forum, then let it be known. There is no sense keeping it to yourself or telling it to other members, because it will not accomplish anything but unrest. I cannot speak for the other moderators in this case for they can say it themselves, but I will step down as a moderator if others wish it. While it would be with a sad heart, I would rather see everyone else be happy and aid the RPG forum then cling to it out of my own selfishness. I've only wanted what is best for the forum, while at the same time balancing my own life- as we all have our own lives outside."

So, now let us start our discussion. All that I ask is for everyone to be civilized and watch your tongue. While I want honesty, I do not want cruelty."

She took a large breath after her large speech, feeling a great weight being lifted off of her. Her face was slightly pale and strained. Things were out in the open know, but at the same time she knew it was only the beginning... for soon hands were raised.
    Last edited by Bulbasaur4; 5th September 2008 at 04:01 AM.
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over