View Poll Results: How should we set up website navigation?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sidebar

28 75.68%
  • Header bar

4 10.81%
  • Image with embedded links

2 5.41%
  • Pokemasters logo as acronym (i.e. "P" = PKMN Games, "O" = Other PKMN Games...)

3 8.11%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TPM MAIN SITE REVIVAL PROJECT!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: TPM MAIN SITE REVIVAL PROJECT!

Joanna of Castile is constituted as an "offender"? Now they are banned? Good fucking God. My views on the revival of TPM aren't as negative as theirs, but they offered a valid alternative opinion on the outcome of the website and it was hardly considered as mindless "offensive" trolling. The fact of the matter is, SPP is extremely popular and is constituted by most internet Pokemon fans as the central fansite to look up information and be involved in the community; they don't know about the past controversies surrounding Serebii, and I'm sure they don't particularly care.

There's a difference between pointless trolling and a valid opinion, and based on that post Joanna of Castile did not go past that line. But why do I even bother? It's a well known fact that Lady Vulpix's style of authority has always been extremely strict, stemming back from the days when she help run Dragon Tamers. There's no point teaching an old dog new tricks, I guess! (The puns in that sentence are countless: Vulpix = dog pokemon, her age etc!)

Anyway.... The website looks pretty sweet and I hope the efforts Jeff and everyone else involved pay off in the long run. It would be fantastic to see it reach the pinnacle it did during the late 90's/early 2000's, but I'm not going to be blindly optimistic about it as these days internet users stick to the most popular sites and ignore competition.

Also, my mind was blown knowing that there is still an active Oekaki community that is still rather active. Wow!
    Last edited by shazza; 17th May 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Cloyster Moderator

Just to shed some light on this, Joanna of Castile was actually a ban evader.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Also, shazza, if you have a problem with me, PM me or IM me and we'll discuss it privately. Posting cheap and unfounded insults on a public forum won't do anyone any good.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Aw I feel like a meanie, but I'm not a huge fan of the colour scheme I think we should stick to one primary colour, or two, but not three. I feel like I've typed in the wrong website address and it's shown up instead.... I'm sorry !!!!

If it was just say, a shade of blue with yellow writing for the left column heading, and then instead of red, yellow with blue writing... make more sense

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cloyster Moderator

It's supposed to be HeartGold and SoulSilver themed, and the Japanese logos for those games are red and gold, and blue and silver respectively so that's why there are multiple colors. Also, I tried a layout with just shades of blue before and it turned out very plain looking.

Here's the latest screenshots. The design's been tweaked a bit since last time, also I started working on content pages so I have a sample of that too.

Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I LOVE YOU SHAZZA
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

If you are insinuating that my light-hearted pun was a "cheap insult", then I apologise, but that was only my attempt to trying to put a humorous spin on my opinion on your moderation; how you reacted to that in the first place only reestablishes my criticism. I don't have a problem with you personally, and I'm sure you're a fine person out of this internet community; but it's well known that there is growing opinion and resentment, even from fellow Moderators and Super Moderators, that your adherence to enforcing restricting rules on a Pokemon message board does more harm than good.

That's just my opinion; I'm not attacking you, I'm simply offering advice.

And yes I know this is off the topic at hand, but it's not going to impact on anyone's lives, or how this forum operates in any substantial way.

I LOVE YOU TOO FIREPOKEMON

And now back to the website...

Master Trainer

Have we got a launch date in mind?

That might help things speed along.

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cloyster Moderator

I wish I could nail down a specific date, but like I said in another thread, it's going to be whenever everything is ready. There are still a few things that need to be done, most importantly, we still need the banner, which Gabi, Blademaster, and Telume are working on. I'm also going to need Chris to set up the news forum after we get at least a few people to sign up for news posting duties. After that, I'll have to fix my news displaying script to work with our news forum. Of course, we need to test this thing, I've only tested in Firefox3, IE7, and Chrome. I've yet to see how IE6 rapes displays the site, so that should be fun. Of course, there's also the About Us section, and the HeartGold/SoulSilver section (which admittedly, won't be very big right now). And finally there's the all-important issue of getting ahold of Kevin for access to the server (or just the URL if we're going to get someone else to host), so we can go live.

So yeah, no definite release date, but there's a look at what still needs to be done.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

That web design is absolutely beautiful. I love that we're still using the same logo and basic layout; thank god we're sticking to the basics and not trying something different, that would be highly perilous. Remember guys, it's not the people who made TPM as great as it was, it was the actual website.

Master Trainer

Good stuff Jeff, it's great to see your so dedicated to this website :-)
    Is there anyway I can help in the banner department? Would it be useful if I tried to dig up old banners that TPM had somehow? What would be the copyright issues of me digging up old banners, are there any? Have you asked fanart for any artwork they'd previously done that they wanted to donate? I think B4 used to do quite a bit of banner work.......

Sorry I seem to be harassing you so much lately Jeff! I really appreciate all the effort you are going to and wish i could help more !!!!

2009 Silver Pencils:

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    That web design is absolutely beautiful. I love that we're still using the same logo and basic layout; thank god we're sticking to the basics and not trying something different, that would be highly perilous. Remember guys, it's not the people who made TPM as great as it was, it was the actual website.
    It really was the people that made TPM great. If you think that too then why are you so worried about the site design? We've been focusing on how the community is going to be incorporated into the site lately, and that's what should be the focus, not changing the layout, especially when the layout we're using now is the de facto standard across the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe
    Good stuff Jeff, it's great to see your so dedicated to this website :-)
    Is there anyway I can help in the banner department? Would it be useful if I tried to dig up old banners that TPM had somehow? What would be the copyright issues of me digging up old banners, are there any? Have you asked fanart for any artwork they'd previously done that they wanted to donate? I think B4 used to do quite a bit of banner work.......
    I dug up the site's old legal notice, and it said that whatever anyone contributes, becomes property of The Pokémasters. Since we're TPM, we can use 'em as long as they were contributed to the site and not just posted on the forums (don't know what the legal status there is). I've been too busy to talk to some of the fanarters about using their work, so that hasn't been done yet. I'm sure Bulbie's done plenty of good stuff. She was going to do the banner, but sadly, she left us. Of course that still doesn't mean we can't get ahold of her.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

has this project been consigned to oblivion? i was so excited

Cheesecake! Moderator

No TPM is back already, just look at Jeff's signature above your post or visit

www.pokemasters.tk
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

...really?

Oh, how the world has changed.
    I am amused by the simplicity of this game... Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Telume View Post
    No TPM is back already, just look at Jeff's signature above your post or visit

www.pokemasters.tk
    And how is somebody new to the forums expected to know that you need to "just look at Jeff's signature" to visit the TPM website? -_________________-

And Arial is such an amateurish font.