Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club[MA] ~*Charmander Central*~ revived!

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Club[MA] ~*Charmander Central*~ revived!

Hi everyone! Thought that with the return of a club in the PCG forum, might as well revive some of the older clubs and bring back some life. So here we go!

~*Charmander Central*~
    MA by shazza, Little_Pikachu, and Lady Vulpix

Purpose:
    - Charmander Central is a place where you can collect, create and trade plushies with one another.
    - Charmander Central is a place where you can participate in discussions relating to various topics. Be creative with discussions! Make them interesting.

Rules:
    - We're all mature now, rules don't have to be that specific
    - Use your common sense
    - Follow all PCG and TPM rules
    - Anyone can join
    - Maintain quality posts to continue discussion
    - Plushies won't be handed out unless you ask in a quality post (one where you are contributing to discussion)

Admins/Owners
    - Pancake (Tara)
    - Lady Vulpix (Gabi)

If you need to contact either of the admins, do so by PM.

Plushies:

Unlimited Plushies:

Charmander
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur
    Pikachu

Limited Plushies:

The updated list can be found here. You may request a limited plushie every time a new batch is up.

Old Limited Plushies:

Mamoswine
    Vulpix

Honor Plushies:

Currently we have no honor plushies. These will be awarded to club members who are keen to participate, who encourage discussion and who are an asset to the club.

Plushies By Request:

If you wish, you can request a plushie. These are not to be plain pokemon, these plushies are customized with items, etc. Go wild. Go crazy. If I can think of anything else to add here, I will later. CC Admins have the right to refuse a customized plushie if they feel there is a valid reason for doing so.

The original intention of this was for people to be able to get plushie versions of their adopted pokemon, special pokemon featured in fanfics, etc. They are not meant for people to complete their collections. You may not request more than one custom plushie within a month, and we will not give out legendary pokemon by request (although they may occasionally show up as limited plushies).

Thanks to Pokemon Sprite Generator for the sprites on this post.

What's A Plushie?

By now everybody knows.

A plushie is an imaginary soft cuddly toy that you can display in your sig, trade, build a collection... go crazy! Just a reminder that only Charmander Central and Pokemon Hangman can currently hand out plushies.

Discussions:

There is always a discussion going on. It's what makes this club active. Feel free to add new questions as you want.

The current discussions are:

What's one material object you couldn't give up for a week? Why? Do you think that makes you materialistic?

and

What's the oldest piece of technology you have at your house? How old is it? Why do you still have it? Is there a story behind it?
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 28th November 2008 at 06:51 AM.

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Master Trainer

Default Re: Club[MA] ~*Charmander Central*~ revived!

I didn't think it was appropriate for me to post in the main topic so I'll kick off by answering those questions.

One object I couldn't give up
    My mobile phone. If I'm with my boyfriend, I don't really care - because he's the only one I really message. But if i'm not with him, I go bezerk without my phone. I need it! I need it I need it!!! I wouldn't be able to give that up for a week. I couldn't keep away from it for a day. It's now also my camera, my video camera to film youtube videos, my mp3 player, etc. Gosh phones are amazing.

I don't think it makes me materialistic. Well, it probably does say something about my dependency on technology. And my values. But I think compared to some people, I'm doing quite okay.

Oldest Piece of Technology
    Well, in this house, it's my VCR player. That's pretty old. Oh, and the alarm system seems pretty ancient as well.

But at my mum's house - we just lost our microwave there. Rest In Peace. She bought that microwave in 1982 - so that is 27 years old now? Gosh. We kept it for so long because it obviously worked up until last week, and so why throw out whats not broken? But alas, she broke. It's a sad sad day.

I guess the story behind it is that she got that when her and my dad moved in together and it cost her a thousand dollars. Now she's replaced it with a sixty dollar microwave from Woolworths. Lol at the prices.

yay. And I'm starting myself a new plushie collection. I'm taking Charmander.

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

I Finnished last Moderator

I might try this, but I don't know how active I'm going to be. How dedicated does one have to be to be a member of this club, I ask?

Now to the topics. I have many items I like, but none of them is really the special one I couldn't give up. I used to regard my mobile phone very needless, but perhaps it's one of the the most important ones now. Although I sometimes just hate it. It's always ringing at the wrong moment!

Then I have my videogame consoles, that I play both because I just play them and because I make music videos. I have a thing called DVD maker, with that I can record my gaming to the computer and then make game music videos with Movie Maker. I also make anime music videos by conneting my VHS/DVD player with the computer I use.

Pens are important to me, I always have to have lots of them stored just in case. I draw pictures and comics, plan my Japanese course, handwrite TPM replies beforehand and so on.

Now why didn't I say computer is my most important item? Well it's because I use only public ones, that is one at Kuntoutuskoti and one in Mielikkitalo. Again, if you want to know what those places are, study my thread "Truth about Mikachu Yukitatsu" in Misc. And may I add Kuntoutuskoti has a great Scanner/Printer combination!

And then the oldest piece of technology. It sure used to be my mobile phone, I got it from my music therapist in 2003 and it was very old in even those standards. I used it till last summer when i bought a new one and the old one is at my mother's, collecting dust. But in my apartment, I have Sega MegaDrive 2 now. It's lacking one wire and I'm not able to play it for that reason, but I wouldn't just throw it away, it's just useless littering! Now I can't think of any older items, there may be some, but I have maken a long post already, right?

And I would like the Bulbasaur plushie!

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Yay, we're back! Great job, Tara!

Everyone can be a member, you can participate whenever you have the time and the wish to do so.

You both get your plushies.

Oldest Piece of Technology
    I think my old ColecoVision and my dad's first VHS from 1981 are still gathering dust somewhere. I still have part of a sewing machine that's much older, but I don't know if it counts because it's not complete; we're using it as furniture to put things on it. And I'm sure we have some very old kitchen appliances which are still in use. And there's an old coal iron somewhere. And my mum probably has more old things. We keep them because... what else are we supposed to do with them?

One object I couldn't give up
    For just a week? I can't think of anything I couldn't give up for a week. Some things would make it hard to adapt, like say, a bed, a watch, deodorant (this one would have to be replaced by something similar)... even a computer because it helps me keep in touch with people and I do many things with it, but for just a week it wouldn't be so hard to live without it as long as people online know not to expect to hear from me within that week.

Funny, I don't have a plain Pikachu plushie yet.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

Jedi Hunter Moderator

The oldest peice of technology that I own is an Odyssey˛, which belonged to my grandpop. My mom gave it to me when he died last year. It still works some what but I have choosen to not play it to keep it from getting worst. When I was a little kid I use to play on it with my grandpop everytime I would go to his house. My favorite game on it bowling.

I can't think of any material items that I can't go without at the moment. When I think of something I'd get back to you.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Wow, I never expected Charmander Central would return, thanks for reviving it Tara!

Hmm, as far as I know, the oldest piece of technology I have here is likely the TV in my living room that is currently unplugged, it used to belong to my late grand-uncle (who died earlier this summer of cancer), so I am fairly sure he had it for years.

As for any material items I couldn't live without for a week...definitely the computer here, it's not solely mine, but, to have a week without it would probably give me the creeps, being as some of you might call me a "computer geek", I can definitely hardly wait to get my own someday.

Um, on the subject of the plushies, can a non-Pokemon plushie be requested? I'm curious.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Master Trainer

I think I'll write in orange.

You know, back in the old days only pokemon plushies could be requested. But I dont' see why not. We could expand a bit What were you thinking ?

I think maybe we should get some people who are good at drawing spirtes (i never quite figured it out) to draw you up a plushie.

I'm going to go for an all fire plushie collection. Which means I need to get my study on with the new pokemon! i'm still in 2nd Gen - haha.

ox

2009 Silver Pencils:

why wub woo Moderator

What's one material object you couldn't give up for a week? Why? Do you think that makes you materialistic?

Whiskey. I can go without internet, without TV, without video games, whatever, but take my whiskey away and I will hurt someone.

Does that make me materialistic? No. Does that make me an alcoholic? Probably.

What's the oldest piece of technology you have at your house? How old is it? Why do you still have it? Is there a story behind it?

I've just moved into a new house so everything is pretty modern; from the last few years at least. It must be a toss-up between my TV and my Nintendo DS. My TV is probably older though. No story, the TV is a few years old and I still have it because I still need something to watch stuff on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post
    I think I'll write in orange.

You know, back in the old days only pokemon plushies could be requested. But I dont' see why not. We could expand a bit What were you thinking ?
    Hmm, what about a Toon Link plushie based from the Wind Waker game, please? Being as I am a major Legend of Zelda fanatic, it would be a nice surprise.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    Hmm, what about a Toon Link plushie based from the Wind Waker game, please? Being as I am a major Legend of Zelda fanatic, it would be a nice surprise.
    Your a Zelda fan? Since when? I had no idea! </sarcasm>

Lol. Yeah I don't see why not. It would be fun.

EDIT: DANG THE LINK DIDNT WORK OMG HOW EMBARASSING.
    I will fix for you
    Last edited by PancaKe; 13th November 2008 at 08:01 PM.

2009 Silver Pencils:

I've been a Zelda fan for years, and yeah, that's Toon Link, thanks.
    Knight of Time

Jedi Hunter Moderator

After giving it some thought, I could get by with having one thing taken away for a week, so long as I have something else to fall back on. Take away everything, then I'm screwed.

If any one is curios about what an Odyssey˛ is (from my previous post) click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey%C2%B2

Master Trainer

Ohhh yeah I was really curious when you first mentioned it but by the time I'd gotten to the bottom of the page I'd forgotten about it! haha.

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

My grandad has this really old one - its got 4 games. 1 player pong, 2 player pong, squash and ummmm.... this other one I forget. Tennis? But yeah. It's so old! I should find it and take a photo of it

2009 Silver Pencils:

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

My laptop. I'm helpless without it... it is my connection to the world and to everything! I can talk to anyone with it and open up WHOLE UNIVERSES...er... yeah!! I don't think it makes me materialistic, just very nerdy and computer aged. XD

and

Actually I'll go with my place in California, which is not a house but a boat. And the boat is probably one of the oldest things... most people in the Marina marvel that it still is around. It was built in 1957 and still can go to Catalina Island and make trips and everything- which is pretty damn impressive for a boat. Most boats around that age are just for collection or show, so yup! It's a lot of maintanence and hardwork, but it is neat to have such an old design.

I think it'd be fitting to have a BUlbasaur plushie! But can I get one that has a red four on its forehead? Or a blue four? Ooo.. a royal blue four! xD
    I'll see if I can make a sprite of it too! xD
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Master Trainer

Yeah you should totally edit the plushies! That would be awesome.

You have a boat? That is so mad. Is it like a house boat, or just a fishing dingy?

2009 Silver Pencils:

The real Shonta Moderator

My iPod Nano. I couldn't even go a day without it. School gets so boring, especially between and after classes. I can't sit still and do homework for two hours without something to listen to! This doesn't make me materialistic; it makes me a music addict.

and

Let's see...my microwave at home. It's at least fifteen years old. We still have it because it's still working; Mom doesn't like throwing away tech unless it's broken. No story, I'm afraid.

I would like a shiny Gallade plushie, please.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It's a 60ft coastal cruiser. :3 ^_^ She's pretty, her name is Chelsea!

And classy, you know I never used an ipod in school... I'm really envious, because now I realize how awesome that would have been.
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur4 View Post

And classy, you know I never used an ipod in school... I'm really envious, because now I realize how awesome that would have been.
    It makes lab time very bearable. Of course, I don't use them during class. That tends to make teachers angry.
    Random Quote:

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, I'm going to need some help with this.

Well...let's see...the things that I use most are my Ipod Shuffle and my computer, but I believe I can last one week without them, although after that week, I'll be burning the battery out of my Ipod. I don't think that makes me materialistic, though, since everyone likes music and I'm kinda picky when it comes to music, since I like good music with even better lyrics.

I'm going to have to look into the mini-warehouse for an older thing, but the oldest piece of technology in the house would be a SEGA Dreamcast that my best friend gave me a month ago as a sign of friendship when he left to Pennsylvania. Every now and then I play Marvel vs Capcom.

Two quick questions!

1-What's the difference hangman plushies and CC plushies? (since I have a collection of more than 150 hangman plushies, then I would like to know)

2-Can I request a Squirtle plushie?

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by shinypkmnchaser View Post
    1-What's the difference hangman plushies and CC plushies? (since I have a collection of more than 150 hangman plushies, then I would like to know)
    Hangman plushies are cooler.

My computer. What can I say? I'm a techie who loves the web. I wouldn't necessarily say that makes me materialistic. However, one might argue that it shows how I rely on relationships with people I can't see (and who, more importantly, can't see me) to satiate my need for personal connection without putting myself at risk through face-to-face interactions.

I assume we're not talking about parts of the home itself. (Home = apartment, not house.) Considering that, it would probably be my microwave... a hand-me-down from my late grandparents.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer

Dang Brian! You know, I typed out this massive reply then just before I clicked post, I saw you had replied in between me reading his comment and clicking the reply button.
    Siiiigh. You are much too efficient.

But on second reading of your answer - egad. Lol.

Ok..

1. There is no difference. IN FACT, and take not of this Brian, Pokemon Hangman asked for CC's permission to hand out plushies as prizes. So, how can your plushies be better?

2. Yeah sure! *hands over a squirtle plushie*

2009 Silver Pencils:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post
    1. There is no difference. IN FACT, and take not of this Brian, Pokemon Hangman asked for CC's permission to hand out plushies as prizes. So, how can your plushies be better?
    Oh, I'm well aware of the history. The fact is that our Hangman plushies are the best ones out there because your CC plushies are outdated. Hehehe.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

This club rules! But forgive me, I want to correct my first post, I didn't remember I had Sega Megadrive II even before I got my first mobile phone. And of course, Sega Megadrive II must be older than my first mobile phone.

I used to take my Game Boy Advance to school. I played a lot of Pokemon Red and Super Mario Bros 3 (the GBA version) when I was at lukio (somewhat equal to high school). Some students just laughed at me and said my grades go down because I use my free time to play it. However, I don't recall playing it during classes, at least not much, instead, I used TPM during classes! Yet another thing related to this, I was the only student who didn't own a graphic calculator though I had Advanced Mathemastics. I just didn't need it. And MaaREIto-sama and other classmates of mine played a non-Nintendo (probably illegal, if I got this right) Super Mario game with the calculator. I thought it was just lame and would have wanted MaaREIto-sama to get her hands to somewhere else, heh. Another reason why I used to hate mobile phones, too.

But what would I have to do to get an Articuno plushie? Articuno is a must to me because:

1. I like winter.
    2. I like snow.
    3. Finland's flag has the colors.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Oh, I'm well aware of the history. The fact is that our Hangman plushies are the best ones out there because your CC plushies are outdated. Hehehe.

Mamoswine is quite up to date.
    I will have to relabel the unlimited plushies to "classic" or "vintage" plushies.
    seems that 1st gen pokemon are very vintage atm

I have no clue from 3rd gen onwards.
    I plan to start playing ruby. I'll have to download a rom or something , when I free up some space on the pc.

EDIT:

Oh and Mikachu - totally remembered the oldest thing in this house isn't the VCR although it sure feels old. I suppose the gas heater is ; because that's been around since i was born. But I bought a SNES off ebay a few years ago and that lives here. yay snes.

But I highly doubt that a SNES can outdate a 1982 microwave. That microwave pwned.
    I should get a photo with it

2009 Silver Pencils:

Administrator

Kyle: it's not a surprise for you if it was your idea in the first place. Get it right for once!

Tara, beware of Knight of Time. Once he starts asking for stuff he's really hard to stop.

Brian: there's nothing like a good classic. What do you have against 1st gen Pokemon, mr_pikachu?

New discussion time!

What do you do in your free time? Why do you do it? And what do you do in order to get free time?

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Jedi Hunter Moderator

In my free time I surf the internet (mostly watching tv shows and movies), read both books and comic books, and play video games.

Most of the books that I read fall under either Star Wars or Super Heroes (primarily Marvel Comics characters). Only a small percent of my books fall outside of those 2 catagories. The ones that do fall outside of those catergories are all fiction, since I don't care for non-fiction books.

As for comic books, I primailary read Marvel (I'm a Marvel fanboy). I enjoy reading Spider-Man (my favorite character), X-men, Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, and Spidergirl. Once in awhile, I'll read the occassional DC comic (TPB only).

Video games, I usually enjoy FPS's and RPG's. The funny thing about me liking RPG's is that I don't beat most of the ones that I play. Despite this, I still enjoy them.

I go to TPM, play videogames, a board game named Kimble, read manga, draw pictures and comics and arrange the Japanese course, if that can be counted as a free time-activity.

Right now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy. A while ago, I played so much Final Fantasy games but now I'm going to have some Mario for a change. I bought the game last week and find it awesome. The difficulty seems to be good for my poor gaming skills, music is trusted Mario stuff and graphics great.

Kimble is a board game very poplular here in Mielikkitalo. Perhaps I should add a description of Mielikkitalo to my profile so I wouldn't have to explain it always.

My favourite mangas are Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Death Note. The plot of those mangas are easy enough for me to follow, unlike some manga like Fruits Basket and Full Moon wo Sagashite, which I just don't get what's going on. I read Naruto and Yu-Gi-Oh! in English although Finnish versions are available and Death Note in Finnish. I also collect Dragonball, although it's not among my top three favourites.

I used to draw more, but now I draw mostly girls and my comics have also girls in important roles. I always plan to post the comic I make at TPM, but my plans tend to change because I get bored on the idea and the comic may got too weird as well.

But there's one question I asked and nobody answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
    But what would I have to do to get an Articuno plushie?

What do you do in your free time? Why do you do it? And what do you do in order to get free time?
    I surf the Internet, watch anime online, read manga online. Listen to music, play Solitaire, play video games, write (although most that is brainstorming), and read a lot of fiction (especially Stephen King). I do it because I love fantasy, and reality sucks. And I get this free time by procrastinating! Wheeeee!
    Random Quote:

Master Trainer

What a brilliant question Gabbi! And I think it was time for a new question as well

What do I do in my free time? Gosh. Usually I dont have free time. Or I share my free time with Soong (boyfriend) so we just bum out, watch tv, or like eat. on my own, I'm getting back into writing and reading [YAY] and I also spend a lot of my free time organising youth group and scripture in primary school, so umm maybe that's not free time after all. Always something to be done!! I waste lots of time on facebook.

Why do I do it? Ummmm cos its fun. Or has to be done.

What do I do in order to get free time? Well last semester i had almost no free time, so I cut down work shifts so I could have some breathing room. Otherwise i procrastinate.

Let me speak to Gabbi about the Articuno plushie Mikachu. I've forgotten. Next week we'll have new plushies as well anyway

2009 Silver Pencils:

Master Trainer

A-Play videogames, watch anime, read manga and other books, hang at TPM, and find a way to be useful.

B-Well, videogames are fun since they keep my mind busy -especially RPG- and I can play it with my friends (Brawl, Mario Kart, SA2B, Maplestory). I watch anime and manga to express some emotions through their characters and to help me improve in my writing and my poetry with some ideas form their authors. The other books help me be a better person everyday by combining the author's ideas with life. And of course, everyone wants to be useful in life. And well, TPM is the place where I can combine all of my aspects of my free time (I can be useful, speak about ideas, and play games with other people)

C-Wake up early, do the chores quickly but well done and other stuff that can help me get free time.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Administrator

Tara, were we supposed to talk? I haven't found you online in the last few days.

When I have free time, I use every chance I can get to write. I also read a lot, and play a few games. And, of course, I post on forums. Oh, and I moderate chatrooms too, but I don't feel that counts as a free time activity, it's more of an unpaid job, although you do get to meet some nice people. But when I was offered a mod position I expected a message board, not a chatroom. Message boards are a lot easier to moderate.

As for getting free time, my best method so far is planning ahead and getting up early so that I get some time to do things before my brother wakes up.

Master Trainer

Yeah Gabi, I was gonna talk to you but hadn't been on msn due to assessments.
    Eugh this teacher is so unfair.

She is really strict about deadlines, says that being in journalism we have to meet press deadlines etc, and we should be underpromising and overdelivering. However; she said to us we would get our feedback for our draft articles in week 12. It's like, week 17 now and i still don't have it. And she gave us two extensions because she didn't give us back our drafts. Which wasn't so bad - just irritating.

So I guess my questions are:

What things do teachers/lecturers/bosses do that really really annoy you?

oh and it's also holidays for me now! YAY!

Do you get holidays over the end of the year? What do you plan to do with them?

Lots of family stuff coming up, plus a ten day camping trip after Christmas!! woo!
    Last edited by PancaKe; 20th November 2008 at 05:28 AM.

2009 Silver Pencils:

I'm a teacher myself, just go to one English class as a student. The English teacher is quite nice, I don't really feel annoyed even if she gives lots of homework. I guess my current job affects my viewpoint. I also have some superiors who you would call my bosses but don't know too much about them, see them rarely.

I still have to go to one English lesson and give one Japanese lesson myself. Then I'll have vacation, I'm not going to teach Japanese again until next autumn I think. More time to myself. Videogames, I'm planning to play Final Fantasy IX, have invented a new kind of challenge in Final Fantasy VII and must play Super Mario Galaxy as well.

As I'm waiting for the Articuno plushie, I bother you by asking if I should take some 'more common' plushies before it, like I'd like to have a Psyduck, Oddish, Piplup or such. Am I asking too many things at a time?

Administrator

About the plushies by request: you may ask for any regular (non-legendary) pokemon with custom modifications. The original intention was for people to be able to get plushie versions of their adopted pokemon, special pokemon featured in fanfics, etc. They are not meant for people to complete their collections. You may not request more than one custom plushie within a month. (I'm adding this information to the first post.)

And now, in anticipation of December... celebrations are coming, a new season is about to begin, and we will commemorate this with... New limited plushies!

Summer Moltres with a sun hat.
    Winter Articuno with a scarf.
    Celebration Manaphy with a party hat.

You may take any one of these new plushies with your post when you reply to the current discussions.

Mamoswine and Vulpix plushies are no longer available.

Master Trainer

Well, I am in university, and so far, only a few things have annoyed me:

-When one of my teachers(high school), out of revenge, made the value of a homework 40 points when it was supposed to value 10.

-One professor who takes off 50 points out of any next exam of a phone rings (vibrate doesn't count) and two who give a pop quiz.

Yeah, I believe that my country is one of those countries who has a holiday once every week. But I just do not do much, except the traditional(Thanksgiving: eat turkey. Christmas: give and receive gifts and stay awake 'till 12:00am on New Year)

I have a question: what it should be considered a month:

A- One month after the post (my 1st plushie request: 13th November 2008 11:33 PM, next month = 13th December 2008 11:33 PM)

B- Next month = December 1st 2008 12:00:01am

Optimist award 2012.

Master Trainer

Hey Louis - good question! Totally think Gabi should answer that! Haha. I don't like to answer things without her consideration. I perosnally think after the 1st of the month, cos its way too hard to keep up otherwise. Lol. Less effort ftw.

And I am in love with the articuno and moltres. I can't decide.... hmmm....
    I'm going to take an articuno.
    But I want a fire collection... Eugh what do i do?!

I'll take articuno.
    Someone take a moltres, I'll give you a mudkip for it. Haha.

2009 Silver Pencils:

Jedi Hunter Moderator

When I was in college there was this one teacher that I had for a few semester. The guy had a few students that he favored over everyone else. When ever his favorites needed help he would go out of his way to help them. Whenever the rest of us needed help he would barely provide any. Also, when his favorites would make mistakes, he would give them the opportunity to correct it but he wouldn't give the rest of us those opportunities. Most people didn't like taking his classes for these reasons (myself included) but unfortunately he was the only person that taught those classes, so we were all stuck having him as a teacher.

There was this one math teacher that nobody liked to take. She always insisted that everyline had to be drawn perfectly straight (this includes -, +, =, etc). If those lines weren't straight she would take points off your exams. As such you had to bring rulers with you to take exams. This is why no one liked taking her class. Fortunately I never had her.

I'm going to my Uncle's house this Thursday for Thanksgiving. When Hannukah comes around, the family will be getting together at my parents house.

I should perhaps mention one teacher I had when I was in lukio (an equivalent to High School in Finland). I used to write my internet name Mikachu Yukitatsu in Japanese letters and my real name in Chinese on tests but this teacher drew suspenders on it. Quite interesting since I had my own name in alphabet as well plus other teachers hadn't cared about it. However, that teacher didn't annoy me because he was indigenous in other aspects, too. He used to tell funny stories in classes although they often weren't related to Physics and Mathematics. Or wait, isn't everything related to Physics and Mathematics?

But I didn't quite get the plushie requesting rule yet, I'm confused. May I have a Psyduck?

Administrator

Louis and Tara: 1st of each month sounds fine.

Allow me to clarify. Each month you may take up to 1 plushie by request. That is, a non-legendary pokemon plushie with custom modifications.

For example, I once took a Green Dratini Plushie from "When Destinies Collide", and I once took an Amber Plushie (Amber being my adopted Charizard). Those are my only 2 custom plushies so far.

We are not offering ourselves to draw icons for every custom plushie requested. You can make your own icons, request them at the Fanart forum or (occasionally, if one of us feels like it and has the time) we might make one, but it is not our responsibility to make them.

In addition to this, you may take a limited plushie every time we post a new batch of them.

Speaking of which, I've finally decided I'm taking the Moltres plushie, even if I'm definitely not enjoying the heat.

Louis: do you even want a plushie? You haven't taken a limited plushie from the new batch. Or do you not like any of them?

Mikachu: is that a custom plushie request? If so, would you like anything special on your Psyduck?

Now, on to the discussions.

My thesis director has a few habits that annoy me, like calling me in the evenings to talk about my thesis and holding a grudge against other members of the rewriting group which - I feel - is hindering my interaction with the group as a whole and limiting my options too much. He can act very childish sometimes. I know some other teachers with nasty habits (like not testing exams before they take them or hiding the grades from the students), and some irresponsible teachers who don't do their work in time and in the end either their fellow teachers or the students (or both) have to suffer for it. As for bosses, I don't want to get started. My brother's quitting the company I quit in March, and I'm fed up with hearing his complaints, so please understand my reluctance to reproduce them here.

End of year holidays?
    I'm going to meet my mother's side of my family on New Year's Eve, probably at my uncle's restaurant unless he decides not to work this time. Before that there's Hanukah, but we never do much. We may light candles, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    Mikachu: is that a custom plushie request? If so, would you like anything special on your Psyduck?
    As I have said, I'm still not sure if I got this right. Perhaps my English isn't enough. Sad. But just a normal Psyduck will do it, it doesn't have to have anything special.

I'm considering reviving my fanfic, so that I would have a reason to take some plushies. But what about my poem in Poetry Corner? Is it too easy a way to get a legendary?