Thread: Resetting the DS clock in D/P...

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Resetting the DS clock in D/P...

Hi,

I just got myself a DS, and both D/P, despite being new to these two games, I have a question, regarding the DS clock when it's used with the games.

Is there any good or bad points to changing the time in either game before you start them up (e.g. such as changing the day to a specific day where an event is only available on that day, and then changing it back when you finish with the event)?

Anyway, thanks in advance, I just got into Diamond today, I'll probably get into Pearl once we have a second DS around here.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: Resetting the DS clock in D/P...

Well, I haven't exactly done a lot of work with changing the day other than continually setting it back one day for a while so I could continue to chain Absols while they were swarming. So it is possible to repeat events/adjust the clock, although you do have to be careful about how you do it--certain things don't register as forcing the game into a new day. Again, it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what it was that didn't work, but yeah. If I can remember, I'll reply again and try to be a little more helpful/specific.

I also believe that simply removing the game from the DS will halt any timed events until you put the game back in, as it won't have the clock to keep track of anything. That may or may not be useful to you.

The one thing you do need to keep in mind is that adjusting the clock, even if it's just for daylight savings time, will prevent you from using the Pal Park feature for the next 24 hours. This is because you're only allowed to park Pokémon in from any one GBA game once per 24-hour period, and they don't want you adjusting the clock to cheat that limit. So if you're going to fiddle with the clock, don't do it around any time you're anticipating needing Pal Park. And when you do adjust the clock, you should immediately try to use the migration feature anyway. The game imposes the 24-hour wait as soon as you try to use the feature, so you should go ahead and get it started as soon as possible; otherwise you might have to wait for the 24 hours to be up at a later, less convenient time.

Granted, if you've only just started then you won't have that option available to you yet anyway, but it's worth keeping in mind for the future.

...I feel as though that was horribly unclear, so if it was then please tell me and I'll try to clarify.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m