Dear RPG,

I'm just posting this to give you all the heads up that about a week or so ago, I resigned from my moderation position here in the Role Playing Games forum. As many of you know, for the few months I've been teetering with the idea of resigning, until a conversation with Dr.McNinja brought to light that indeed, such a decision was what I really wanted to do.

It isn't that I don't love role playing anymore or that my creativity is in a flux. It actually isn't even because I'm too busy, for while I am very busy I still have free time now and then. The fact of the matters it that I'm not drawn to the forum anymore.

I used to feel excitement whenever I checked the boards and even with its years of declining state, I was proud to at least stick it out and attempt at little sparks of creativity. I liked trying to come up with things for the news or making awards or various activities. It was fun, it was gritty and it now is over for me. I don't feel that same edge of excitement, probably because my pace for writing and role playing is quicker than what the forum satisfies. I put my excitement and creativity into a character, but by the time any plot progression occurs (with interactions from other characters to boot), a vast amount of real time has past and the character has lost its luster, much like a forgotten anchored boat. It takes eons for my character and its fellows to bloom, flourish and go forth and be "free" which for me, personally, is not fast enough.

I also have found the some of the politics that have and inevitably will continue in this forum, to be a bitter taste. I've never been a fan of such things, even though they do seem to be everywhere but I think its safe to say that the politics used to be done, dealt and over while now they seem to brew and bubble. Maybe they always have been that way, but it is this past year where I have felt the need to remove myself from that atmosphere.

While there are more reasons, my final reason in which I will state for resigning is the fact that I've found creative outlets everywhere. I've found an(other) place(s) to role play that moves at a pace which I desire and has given birth to some of my more complex characters. So when it comes down to it, and perhaps this isn't fair, but when I have a half an hour to spare I think, "Would I want to post in a place where the post won't be read into much and perhaps won't progress at all? Or would I rather interact in a place where it'll be immediately taken in and the situation will flourish off of that post just as it did off anothers?" Hopefully that gives a little insight.

Now, with all that put aside, I want to thank all of you. It has been an enjoyable ten or so years in this forum. So many characters have come from here and while this wasn't the birth of my role playing endeavors, it definitely was an incubator for my creativity. I made a lot of friends here and some I still talk to whenever I dash onto AIM and I treasure all of you. I still want to talk to you and listen to your everyday adventures AND of course, listen about your latest creations! I mean, while I might not partake in the adventures that happen here, I still love the characters that people can create. I like to be social in general as well. :3

I salute all of you that continue to dwell here, and I could say positive things about each and every one of you. I thought about writing a goodbye message to every member, but then I'd be here forever. (and I'm rather terrified that I'd leave someone out!)

For now, I'll still be lingering around TPM. I want to test out a new story idea I have and I promised a few of you that I'd create one last RPG as sort of a "send off." So yes, I am creating one last TPM RPG and then after the RPG is done, I'll be resigning as a member and not just a moderator. And yes, I'm submitting one last story idea to Fan Fiction. Not quite sure what will happen with Fan Fiction, as I might be lingering in there much like a salamander in a dark, quiet place.

If you have any questions, because obviously I can't post all my reasons here or ramble on about everything, feel free to ask. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here, otherwise feel free to just post it here.

I love you guys and I hope you understand my decision.

<3 Bulbasaur4

P.S. DON'T post about who is going to be the new moderator here or ask questions in regards to that. As resigning mod, I've specifically asked to be involved with that process and will threaten the wrath of... uh... my flamethrower on anyone who jumps the gun with questions about it. When we know what's happening, we'll tell you.