Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Still Sucks to be Us! (STARTS! Limited LSUs)

Hybrid View

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default It Still Sucks to be Us! (STARTS! Limited LSUs)

Warning:
    The following contains randomness, clichés and the torture of characters. If you don’t like such things, find a more serious RPG. If you enjoy such things, get your head examined, or better yet, sign up for this thing!

A remake of a Mystic_clown and Asilynne production…

It Still Sucks to be Us!

It started out like a normal day at <yet to be named> apartments (look, we couldn’t think of a name ok? Don’t you judge me!!). Anyway, it started out like a normal day (well, as normal as these guys could get). Suddenly, out of nowhere, the ground began to shake, like a freak earthquake or something, which rocked the whole building. Lightning fell all over the place (yet for some bizarre reason, noone was hit) and the sky went from blue, to green, to red, to various shades of purple (ooo, pretty). Then everything began to melt and distort, like some kind of 1980s music video, or a drug trip.

[We would like to point out that we do not condone the use of drugs.]

Then there was flash of light (don’t forget your shades), and suddenly the place was rubble.

Thankfully, the residents that lived there survived (if they didn’t, you could kiss this RPG goodbye!). They were confused, hurting and wondering who the hell to blame for levelling the place. Thankfully, before any finger pointing and fighting can begin, their attention was caught by a strange old man who appeared out of almost nowhere.

“I suppose you’re all wondering what just happened right?”

Wanting to know who to blame for all this, they nodded.

“Well, as you all know, this world is divided into different versions of itself called “genres”, each contained by a barrier right?”

Being from different genre’s themselves, they all nod.

“Well, an evil group calling themselves “The Council”-“

“Lame!”

“Don’t interrupt! Anyway, they have broken the barriers, causing the different genres to pour into each other like so much cheap liquor.”

Everyone gasps.

“It seems they’re after an artifact known as the Gem of Incredible-But Never-Really-Explained-Powers, an extremely powerful gem. I could tell you what it does, but I don’t have the time.”

“Why are they doing this?” One of them asks.

“Well…because we really needed a plot for this RPG.”

“…”

“Anyway. It’s up to you to stop them. You must foil their plans and get the Gem of Incredible-But Never-Really-Explained-Powers before they do.”

“But, why us?”

That old man face palmed, as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Well duh, the rest of the plot focused on you so far hasn’t it? You’re the bloody main characters!”

“And if we refuse.”

“Don’t you get it? You don’t have a choice! You’re slaves to the story! You’re going on this bloody quest whether you like it or not! MWAHAHAHA!!”

The man couldn’t help noticing he strange looks he was getting and immediately stopped laughing evilly.

“Anyway, you must be going, and so must I.”

“Wait! Aren’t you coming with us?”

“No. I’m not a main character, and my role in this thing ends here. See ya!”

In a puff of smoke, he was gone, leaving our ‘heroes’ standing in the ruins of their home. Will they do what the old man said and go on their quest? Of course they will! As the old dude said, they don’t have a choice!

Ok, just so I can make it clear to you guys, this is a parody, but it’s a parody of RPGs as a whole, so feel free to bring in (and poke fun at) clichéd events, torture your characters, get yourself involved, etc. Overall, have fun! However, there’s one little rule about this RPG, your character must belong to a certain genre, whether it’s romance, horror, fantasy, etc. Please pick one, don't be shy.

Currently Taken
    ~Horror (Mystic_clown)
    ~Survival (Asilynne)
    ~Fantasy (Crystal Tears)
    ~Science Fiction (Crazy Elf Boy)
    ~Comedy (Blademaster)
    ~Pokemon (Bear)
    ~Romance (Chobichibi)
    ~Mystery/Noir (Mtoolen)
    ~Spy (Master Rudy)
    ~Action (Kuro Espeon)
    ~Cyberpunk (reserved by darktyranitar)
    ~Western (Elaina)

Now, onto the sign ups!

Name: (Obviously what your character is called, make it fit the genre even if its in a ridiculous way. Adds to the fun ^-~)
    Age: (how old is your character, again, fit it to the genre)
    Species: (its possible we all wont be humans so what species?)
    Personality: (how your character behaves and what goes on in their head)
    History: (How you character got to where they are now, important things in their life etc.)
    Physical Appearance: (what your character looks like)
    Typical clothes: (what do they usually wear day to day?)
    Genre: (What genre are they from?)
    Weapon/Gear: (What your character uses to fight, and the items they have with them)
    Catchphrase: (optional, if your char has a stereotypical thing they like to say it goes here)
    Other: (you know what to do surely)

And now, for yours truly.

Name: Jack Scarecrow
    Species: Zombie/Scarecrow
    Personality: Despite the fact that he’s an undead monster and that he’s actively trying to become a famous horror, Jack isn’t all that bad. He’s nice to talk to, if not a bit sarcastic at times, but for the most part he’s almost pleasant to be around, even if his constant attempts at being scary simply come off as lame at best and annoying at worst.

However, on rare occasions, like once every blue moon, Jack seems to undergo a complete personality change and becomes the horror he wants to be. Woe betide whoever gets in his way. However, these periods don’t seem to last long.
    History: Jack was a creation of boredom. His creator, a rather camp mad scientist, just decided one day to slap him together from body parts and stuff him with straw. Then, taking him out to his evil vegetable patch (mad scientists experiment on vegis too you know), he simply ordered him to protect the field from crows. Sure, scaring crows was fun for a little while, but Jack began wanting to be more (and watching such famous horror movies such as Frankenstein didn’t help much either). Jack began slacking off on his duties, sneaking down to the nearby village in order to scare people. However, his attempts only ended up coming off as annoying. The constant complaints from the villagers, combined with the fact that Jack wasn’t doing his job very well, prompted the mad scientist to ‘let go’ his creation (translation: he dumped him on the side of the road while he was sleeping).

Like the rest of the cast, Jack eventually found his way to the <yet to be named> Apartments and has been living there since, taking up jobs to try and pay off the rent.
    Physical Appearance: Tall and gangly, Jack’s skin is as pale as one would expect from a living corpse. If one saw him without his clothes on, you could clearly see he’s been put together from different body parts, with the points where they were stitched together clearly visible. Even bits of straw can be seen poking out of these borders. Despite the fact that he’s an undead, he’s not that bad looking, with dirty blonde, straw-like hair and blue and green eyes (they both came from separate bodies).
    Typical clothes: His clothing is that same as he got when he was ‘born’ and are thus quite worn. This includes a dirty white shirt, and old, brown cotton jacket, grey pants with a few tears in place, cracked brown leather boots, a crooked grey steeple hat and white gloves. He’s also been seen wearing a red scarf, which doesn’t seem as old as the rest of his clothing.
    Genre: Horror
    Weapon/Gear: Jack’s main weapon is the wooden cross he was tied to while working as a scarecrow. It’s essentially two logs tied together to form a cross shape. The ends of this cross have been sharpened down to a point, good for swinging around and stabbing people.

He also carries a bag including some extra straw, and a small sowing kit. You never know when you’re going to have to reattach something.
    Catchphrase: Wanna know why we’re called SCAREcrows? (Yes, it’s meant to be lame like that).
    Other: Is friends with Jane Fox.

Jack Scarecrow
    --------------------------------------------------

It was a dark and stormy night. Rain fell from the sky like hundreds of knives, and thunder like the gods themselves were furious. Within the confines of the seemingly innocent apartment complex, plots of the foulest evil were being put into motion…

Oh, wait…Wrong script.

It was actually your average sunny day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, children were playing outside.

Yeah, you just know something bad is going to happen when things seem this good.

Inside the apartment building, the tall, gangly figure of the undead scarecrow known as Jack Scarecrow slowly trudged up the stairs. It had been a long day at work for him at the supermarket…and his last.

Three hours ago…

“Ok, so a pound of oranges, two loaves of whole grain, a carton of milk and this month’s issue of VOGUE. All up that’s, thirty three dollars.”

Accepting the money from the woman across the counter, he piled the groceries into the bad and reached over to hand it to her.

However, fate was going to prove to be a bitch today and at that moment, the twine holding his hands to his arms came undone.

The bad hit the floor, oranges bouncing everywhere and milk spilt all over the floor. The woman looked down at her spilt groceries before glaring at the sheepishly grinning scarecrow.

“Um, sorry?”

He had told them that stronger twine should have been included in his health plan, that this sort of thing could happen. But no, they chose to ignore it and now he was paying for it with his job and some of his paycheck.

He walked down the hall towards his room, only to find a ridiculous, yet sadly enough familiar sight.

Standing outside of her room, was his next door neighbour Jane Fox.

Originally, Jack’s room was somewhere else in the building. But he moved next door to her in order to keep an eye on her activities. At the moment, she seemed to be performing some sort of construction on her door.

“Jane…” he sighed, not really wanting to deal with this right now, “What are you doing?”

“This place isn’t safe,” Jane responsed, not looking up from her work.

“…What?”

“The walls, the door, the windows, they’re too weak. A rhino, an elephant or even a big ape could break through them, and then we’re all doomed!”

Jack sighed. He knew of his friend’s obsession with wildlife out to get her. But serious, this was a domestic area. The only things she had to worry about we rabid dogs and feral cats. However, he dared not tell her that. He was afraid of her reaction.

“And now you’re reinforcing your apartment.”

“Now you’re getting it.”

Jack sighed again, resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

“Good luck with that,” he said, before stepping into his room.

Ok, to start us off, just to introduce our character, everyone’s going to be going about their usual day. Me or Asi will kick off the disaster and get the plot moving along.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 31st March 2009 at 01:02 AM.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: It Still Sucks to be Us! (STARTS! Limited LSUs)

I'm kinda cheating here, cause I'm recycling my intro post from the FIRST rpg. ^^() Normally I wouldn't, but I loved it so much the first time around I wanted to do it again. I'll edit it and add a few extra things to jazz it up a bit (not that Brigh really needs much "jazzing"...)

Name: Brigh Dangerfield
    Species: Human
    Personality: Tries to be sociable, but she's so high-strung and violent that she doesn't easily make friends. She tends to be overly paranoid about "attackers" and will jump into fights that don't even exist. While she has the best of intentions, she often expresses them in an overtly wrong way.
    History: The daughter of a war veteran (though it was never clear WHICH war....), she was raised in a very militaristic household. Ever since she was a small child she was drilled in warfare tactics and trained on all the advanced forms of weaponry. She also learned various forms of Tai Jutsu and Tae Kwon Do and incorporates them into her fighting style. She was taught to never let her guard down and always be on the look out for potential assailants. She took this philosophy to heart (perhaps TOO much) and became the ultimate fighting machine (at least in her own mind). She briefly attended college but was kicked out for drawing a missile launcher on her professor when she suspected him of sabotaging her exam. Since then she's worked as a demolitions expert for a construction company where she gets to put her skills to a slightly better use.
    Physical Appearance: About 5'10" with a toned and semi-muscular build. Long, black hair in a tight braid and dark hazel eyes. She has various scars on her arms and one across her left cheek (they're mostly by her own doing, but she calls them "Battle scars").
    Typical clothes: Typical green and brown army pants and boots with a black tanktop. Has a utiliity belt containing various equipment and always keeps a strap of ammunition strapped across her shoulder at all times. Also wears a pair of black arm bands and fingerless leather gloves.
    Genre: Action
    Weapon/Gear: Basically every type of weapon you can think of. She has a vast arsenal of guns, blades, and explosives at her disposal that she will whip out at a moments notice (seemingly out of nowhere...). She also has the keys to her father's tank. Heh...heh...heeeeeh....
    Catchphrase: "This looks like a job for......Mr. BoJangles!!" (The name of her favorite machine gun)
    Relationships: Gets along well with David Johnson and always tries to come along on his missions, since she's convinced that her expertise would come in handy.
    Other: Has a strange affinity for muffins? o.o

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brigh Dangerfield:
    ----------------------

On the top floor of the <Yet To Be Named> Apartment building, Brigh was just finishing up her daily lock-down and security check. After she slid the last of several dead bolts across her reinforced steel shutters and secured them, she stepped back with her hands on her hips to admire a job well down. Her father had taught her to always be prepared! Never leave yourself vulnerable for an attack could come at you from any side at any moment! Enemies were sneaky like that. Especially Commies and ninjas. Sneaky bastards.

She glanced around the small apartment to make sure she hadn't missed anything. Every window was sealed tight and fronted by thick steel. Sandbags and barbed wire lined the walls also crossed in front of her bedroom door (least anyone attempt to attack her while she slept). She had used her couch and other various tables and chairs to make herself a convenient foxhole. She would've preferred it to be subterranean, but when she asked the landlord about it he didn't seem too keen on the idea of her digging a trench in the floor, so she had settled for having a top floor apartment as an extra precaution. She clapped her hands together and grinned triumphantly.

"Security check complete! Perimeter secured! Now all that's left is to check the--"

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"--DOOOOOOOR!!!" Brigh suddenly snapped and immediately pulled out a pair of semi-automatics (seemingly out of nowhere). Ready for action she charged the door and did a flying jump-kick. Despite the dozens of bolts and locks on the door, she knocked it clear off it's hinges and rode it down as it fell forward. A shout of surprise was quickly muffled as the door landed, crushing the unsuspecting victim to the floor.

"INTRUDER ALERT! Invade me will you! You'll never get out of her alive, you scum!" Brigh shouted at the top of her lungs while brandishing her weapons in full view. "Try to attack me will you?! Why I oughta--"
    "Brigh?" said a familiar male voice. Brigh looked up from her perch on top of the door to see her next door neighbor David Johnson staring down at the carnage with a bag of groceries in his right hand. "Oh dear lord.... What are you doing?"
    "Oh, hi David! Welcome back! Just dealing with this highly dangerous intruder! No worries! I have it under control!"
    "Brigh, that's the pizza delivery man..." David replied.
    "How do you know that's who he is?"
    "Because he's wearing the Totini's Pizzaria uniform and he has a pizza in hand..."
    She looked down and saw a twitching arm sticking out from under the door, a pizza box still clutched in it's fingers. A hat that had flown off of the man's head was off to the side and had the logo for Totini's Pizzaria printed boldly on the front.
    "He's probably just undercover to take me off-gaurd! He could very well have a bomb on him, sent on a suicide mission to infiltrate our defenses and destroy our base of operations! And then where would we be? Besides, I didn't order a pizza!"
    "That's because I did. He just knocked on the wrong door."
    "Getf diff fing offa me!" the delivery man pleaded, his voice comically muffled. Brigh laughed and put her guns away, quickly sliding off the door. She picked the door up and put it back on it's hinges and then turned to pull the man up, apparently doing a complete 180 from her previous attitude (Whatever THAT was...)

"Ah-hahaha! Oh well! No harm done!" After the pizza had been paid for and the man had left, bruised and quite disgruntled, Brigh turned back to David. "So! What's in the bag? Secret spy stuff?"
    "Cornflakes."
    "....Secret spy cornflakes?"
    "*sigh*" David shook his head and turned back to his own door, pulling his keys (of which he had a suspiciously large number of...) out of his pocket to unlock it. As he fiddled with the lock, grumbling that he 'needed to get maintenance up here to fix this damn thing', Brigh peered over his shoulder expectantly.

"So...David! When's your next big mission? Can I come? Can I shoot someone?? I'm an excellent shot with a sniper rifle!" She said this with an abnormal amount of giddiness in her voice. Abnormal, at least, for a 25-year-old woman.
    "As usual, Brigh, I have no idea what you're talking about..." David denied, finally opening his door, going inside and quickly shutting it behind him before Brigh could follow. She was left in the hallway, and she let out a disappointed sigh.
    "One of these days... He'll realize how much he needs me. THEN he'll coming crawling back to me for help! Just you wait and see... Nyeh heh heh...." She muttered reassurances to herself all the way back to her own apartment, rubbing her hands together victoriously.

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Local fucktard, reporting in.

Name: Roy Budokai
    Personality: Roy Budokai is a lazy, easygoing guy by nature. He talks strangely sometimes, and usually wimps out of confrontations, but he's a good guy at heart. He's OBSESSED with video games, though, and he knows more than a little about both them and the technology they run on. As a result, he's a computer whiz of sorts, able to hack computers and fix broken electronics pretty easily. In general, if it has buttons, Roy will play with it for hours and hours; he currently holds the world record for longest amount of time spent playing video games without stopping (47 hours and 28 minutes trying to beat Battletoads for the NES).
    History: Nothing of interest here, sorry... His parents got along well, he lived in a decent house growig up, he isn't an angst-ridden bastard like most teens his age... He had it easy growing up.
    As a little kid, he played on his big brother's old Atari 7800 and NES pretty much nonstop; from then on, he was addicted to video games, trying out and playing every game he could get his hands on, selling them for new ones, taking them apart... He wants to design his own video games someday, but his lack of an educational stepladder is kinda hindering that. He'll be lucky to get a job at Microsoft swapping Ringed Xbox 360's at his current rate.
    Despite his obsession and his lack of attentiveness in school, he somehow made it into <yet to be named> Community College; he can't live on-campus though, since he has a tendency to drive his roommates nuts. So after a few months, he 'left' the dorms behind and moved into the <yet to be named> apartment building, where he lives with fellow nutjobs instead. They're all one big happy demented family.
    Physical Appearance: http://superblade.deviantart.com/art...okai-115981149 This.
    Typical clothes: -_- You didn't look at the picture, did you...?
    Genre: Comedy
    Weapon/Gear: As stated earlier, Roy is a tech geek. He's good with computers and at fixing busted 'toys,' but aside from that, he can't fight his way out of a paper bag. His only means of defending himself is by randomly throttling enemies with his stuff and praying he doesn't die in the process.
    Catchphrase: "This isn't a video game, you know!"
    Relationships: Almost nobody in the building really dislikes Roy, but the only real 'friend' he seems to have is Jack. Everyone else either scares him or keeps to themselves. He also keeps in regular contact with his beloved older brother, Luke.
    Other: His favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

---------------------------

Roy

GAME OVER

Roy frowned, pouting like a little kid as he closed his DS. He'd just gotten Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia a few weeks ago; despite getting through most of the game with little difficulty, the infamous Castlevania incarnation of Death had just handed him his ass on a platter for the 37th time that day.

"I should head back to Gamestop later." he muttered to noone in particular from his perch - the front stoop of the apartments, where he was sitting upside-down on the top three steps. "Maybe Jason can give me some tips, 'cuz this is bonkers. Even for a Castlevania title..."

SLAM!

Roy picked his blood-clouded head up and looked up to the front door, which had just slammed shut behind a rather aggravated and rather critically-beaten pizza boy.

"...You had a pizza for Jane, didn't ya?"

The pizza boy just growled at Roy and walked past him, back to his car. Almost as an afterthought, he took off his hat and flung it at the ground.

"I ain't paid enough for this crap, man!" he snapped, climbing into his car and driving off.

Roy blinked, then tilted his head back again.

The pizza boy's cap... It was laying on the curb.

Roy looked left, then right...

A big, toothy grin spread across his face.

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK!

A pause... then the door opened, revealing a brooding, elvish figure.

"Hi!" the knocker said, grinning crookedly and showing off the hat dangling off one ramshackle clump of his stringy red hair. In his hand was a box of Totino's Pizza Rolls. "Budokai Pizza Delivery! Did you order a pepperoni pizza, sir?"

"....."

SLAM!

Roy frowned and shrugged, heading up to the next door and knocking. A semi-obese fisherman carrying a pole answered.

"Hi, Budokai Pizza Delivery! Did you order a-"

SLAM!

"This isn't working the way I'd hoped..." Roy muttered. He shrugged and headed for the stairs, bounding up them two at a time to the second floor and passing... Jane. The nutter who always believed a zoo animal would be ready to burst through her door, which she was currently... installing steel plating on?

'Whatever.' Roy thought, smiling and waving at her when she glanced up at him.

"Roy, where'd you get that hat...?" she asked, not returning his warm greeting.

"I found it."

"Found it WHERE?"

"Out on the curb. A very unhappy pizza guy threw it at me on his way out."

"...Brigh. That's the third time this month..."

"Don't worry." Roy grinned a big grin and walked up to the door beside Jane's. "I'm picking up the slack for the guy, see?!"

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK!

A pause, before the door opened and the Frankensteinian scarecrow Jack opened the door.

"Budokai Pizza Delivery!" Roy said to his friend, holding out the Pizza Rolls. "Did you orde-"

SLAM!!!

Roy closed his eyes as the rush of air from the door slamming blew his hair back - and his hat off.

"........"

"Picking up the slack, huh?" Jane scoffed, pulling a welding visor over her face and lighting a blowtorch.

Roy wasn't quite sure how to respond, but luckily he didn't have to - just then, the door reopened.

"Sorry, Roy..." Jack muttered, beckoning for him to come inside. "It's been a bad day... Come on in."

------------------------

Hooray for an original post. Now some of the rest of you are gonna actually have to do some work!

Also, (slap)

TAG!
    Last edited by Blademaster; 23rd March 2009 at 09:14 AM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Veteran Trainer

Fun time. :3

Roy

Roy was pissed.

He'd tossed in his two cents here and there about the conversation at hand, but his primary focus was walking back to the rubble of the apartment and looking down at the remains of his beloved creation... The Nintegatarnysoft DreamBoy Entertainment Station: Gizmurbogenesis Neojaguar VIC-2600.

Mark 64^2.

Version 3.D0 Beta.

Roy's brow furrowed, an epiphany coming to his mind:

'These Council sons of digits tampered with it.' he thought. 'I don't know how, but I told Jack it passed every preliminary test, and it DID. Backwards-compatability was fully-functional. The Quad-Cores were all in the green. Everything was fine, and then ka-blooey...'

Tears welled in the boy's eyes.

'All my games... All my work... It's all gone.'

"THE COUNCIL IS GONNA PAY WITH THEIR BODILY FLUIDS FOR THIS!!!!!!" Roy roared.

...Just as a gun was presented to him. Everyone, especially the offerer of said gun, gave Roy nervous or confused looks.

"...Scratch that." the gun offerer, Brigh, said as she quickly pocketed the handgun. "You can have this instead." She handed Roy a bat.

The easily-amused Roy blinked his tears away and grinned.

"Awesome! Now I'm like Scout!" he proclaimed, swinging the bat and then pointing down at the ground with flourish. "BONK!"

His ADD-riddled brain quickly shifted gears again as he realized the bat was padded; he quickly began biting and ripping the padding off while the others spoke, until something bounced off his head and landed a short distance away.

"Oww... Ooh, a baseball!" he said, wringing the grip of the bat.

"It's a grenade, genius." Brigh said as she knelt down and examined it.

"Oh."

"A GRENADE!??!?!?"

"EVERYBODY DUCK AND COVER!!!"

Roy ran as fast as his legs could carry him, diving as the area suddenly erupted into an explosive warzone riddled with soldiers.

"They must be working for the Council!" he gasped... Just then, however, he saw Brigh focused on something behind him. He turned and looked as Brigh took off, barking taunts and weilding her machine guns...

There, not 20 feet from Roy, was a black helicopter, armed to the teeth with weaponry. Dual machine gun turrets, several missiles, and some sort of mounted cannon just below the cockpit.

Roy grinned...

-------------------------

"GET TO THE CHOPPER!!!" Brigh cried, everyone else wisely following her advice as the soldiers opened fire, reinforcements arriving on the scene in the form of jeeps and armored trucks.

Jane, Brigh, and David were the first ones on, followed by Jack, Drake, and Meiya, then Mariah and Alex scrambled on, and finally Steve, who jumped for the door just as the chopper lifted off and had to have his fat body hauled on by Jack and David.

"That was TOO close." Jack sighed. "Good work getting us outta there, Brigh."

"Thanks." she replied, sitting across from him.

"Wait... Jane?" Jack asked nervously.

"Yeah?" she replied, tinkering with her crossbow from the back seat.

Jack's already-ashen face went even paler.

"Brigh... if you aren't flying this thing... and Jane isn't flying this thing... then WHO is flying this thing?"

The entire chopper went silent for a moment, immediately before a sound like a stampede echoed through it as everyone stormed the cockpit.

There in the pilot's seat was Roy, who turned and smirked, a headset attached to his ear.

"Hey, guys." he said nonchalantly as he veered the chopper towards the soldiers and lowered the cockpit, then opened fire.

------------------------

Roy wasn't happy with his baseball bat, so he took a page out of Grand Theft Auto IV and hijacked himself an ANNIHILATOR! >:3

And yes, he's a better pilot than Andrew was, before anybody starts dragging him out of the pilot's seat.

I'll wait to see how everyone else reacts to this before I follow up with Roy's revenge... Mwahahahahahaha...

Tag...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Veteran Trainer

Mariah and Jane are in trouble? Oh noez! How will they be rescued?

The only way Roy knows how...

Roy

"Another one's coming on the left! MOVE, MOVE!"

Roy jerked the chopper sideways, a rocket rushing between the supports of the chopper, just barely missing the underbelly and the tail.

"On the right!!"

Roy jerked the chopper the other way, his forehead beading with sweat as several streaking blips of light that could only be machine gun bullets whizzed by the cockpit.

"W-we gotta get out of h-here!" Meiya cried. "We're t-totally outclassed!"

"What about Jane and Mariah?!" Alex shot back. "We can't just leave them down there!"

"INCOMING ON THE LEFT!!!"

Roy yelped as he jerked the chopper sideways so hard that everyone behind him fell to the floor. Including Brigh, who slammed her head rather loudly against the co-pilot's dash, stunning her.

"Oh, thank Kratos." Roy sighed to himself. "I hate freaking backseat players..."

KABOOM!!!

Cries of fear and surprise rang out as the belly of the chopper was grazed by a rocket, flipping it and causing it to detonate inches from the hull. The chopper lurched back, its tail sputtering sparks as it came loose and bent down at a dangerous angle.

"Oh, shit..." Drake growled.

"We're gonna crash!" Steve yelled, pulling out his Pokeballs and throwing them. "Magikarp, repair our ship with Flail!"

The half a dozen red fish croaked and flopped around, occasionally batting at the damaged wall of the chopper but otherwise doing little to prevent its downward spiral.

"That's the way, team!" Steve cheered obliviously, pumping his fist. "Keep it up!"

Roy struggled to keep the chopper steady, reaching into his pocket with his free hand.

'Come on, come on, where is it...?' he thought, lips shaking as the ground began to get closer and closer. 'Come on, come on... keys, Game Boy Advance SP... PSP 2000... wallet... cell phone!'

Roy grabbed the phone and flipped it open, quickly dialing a number.

4-8-2... 5-5-5... 0-1-0-0...

Roy hit "Call" and held the phone to his ear; it rang once...

BLEEP!

The chopper jerked back upright abruptly, its damage magically healed.

"Way to go, team! You did it!" Steve cheered, dancing a jig much like his Magikarp (They were actually just flopping around gasping for air, but that's beside the point.).

"Phew..." Roy muttered, wiping his brow and turning to his colleagues. "Close shave, huh?"

"How'd you do that?" Jack asked, dumbfounded.

Roy grinned sheepishly.

"Cheat code."

Everyone was silent for a moment, trying to wrap their minds around what had just transpired...

It was then that the second rocket hit, ripping through the cockpit and blowing the chopper - and its inhabitants - out of the sky.

------------------------

You're up, Ben.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Jack Scarecrow
    -----------------------------------------

Jack was just about to ask Roy is he possibly know a god mode cheat before suddenly a rocket slammed into the chopper. Unfortunately, Roy’s healing earlier didn’t stop this one from utterly destroying the cockpit.

“We’re going down!” Brigh cried out, grabbing hold of something as the chopper spiralled into the ground. Everyone was tossed about as the chopper exploded, sending debris everywhere, but otherwise leaving our heroes intact (because if a simple helicopter crash killed them, this would be one hell of a short RPG).

Jack’s head was pounding as he slowly climbed to his feet numerous cuts and bruises over his patchwork body from the crash (because while our heroes can’t die, injury still applies).

He looked around groggily, trying to find his friends. “Jane!” he called out, “Roy! Brigh! Drake! Guys!” His calling finally stopped when he spotted the body of Roy, laying motionless under some rubble. “Holy crap! Roy!” Not too far from him was also Jane, slightly bloody and also, not moving. “Jane!”

Jack dashed over to the two. Neither showed signs of moving. A sickening feeling rose within Jack’s stomach.

“No….”

Jack didn’t seem to notice the soldiers coming up behind him until a gun barrel was placed against the back of his head.

“Freeze dirtbag!” the soldier smirked, as two more walked to either side.

“Wow, I’m surprised anyone managed to survive that,” the solider chuckled, “This stitched up punching bag must be made from some tough stuff.”

It was at that point that one of the soldier’s noticed that Jack hadn’t turned around or anything. In fact, he was actually trembling.

“Aww, look, I think we’re scaring him.” one of the soldiers teased.

-------------------------------------------------
    *Cue Sirens*

Attention! Attention! Now entering M15+ mode
    -------------------------------------------------

The soldiers’ chuckling was suddenly cut off when the sharpened end of a wooden cross suddenly caused one of the soldier’s skulls to cave in, sending blood, bone fragments and other fleshy head giblets onto the ground. The two soldiers jumped back to see Jack, now turned around, large bloody cross in hand and an insane, feral look in his eyes.

“Jesus freakin’ chr-“ The soldier couldn’t even finish as the long end of the cross impaled him, lifting him into the air before slamming him down hard against the third.

Jack’s mad eyes then focused on the small platoon of soldiers coming towards them. Gripping his bloody cross tightly, he let a mad, almost demonic roar at them, his voice taking on a double toned quality.

Jack's gone batshit! Prepare for mass slaughter.

Veteran Trainer

WE INTERRUPT THIS FIGHT SCENE IN ORDER TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING UNINVITED DEUS EX MACHINA.

The picture finally returns; Roy can be seen cheerfully dusting off his hands, the unconscious forms of Mystic_clown, Kuro Espeon, and Asilynne behind him.

"That's for keeping me here without my boss's say-so for so long!" he calls over his shoulder, his cheery demeanor totally unwavering. "Anyway, inspiration has struck and I have some 'un-tapped poe-ten-shal' or something, so without further delay...

Roy

...On to the fight scene!" Roy finished, pointing upward and outward in a dramatic yet more than likely cliched anime pose, complete with seizure-inducing background.

"...Who are you talking to?" Brigh asked.

"...The... audience?" Roy answered sheepishly, gesturing towards the crowd.

The crowd consisted of six flopping Magikarps and a fisherman unsuccessfully attempting to cast his line into a sheet of ice.

"I don't think they're paying attention." Jack Scarecrow remarked, having noticed his friend's unexpected burst of vitality.

"That doesn't matter now!" Roy shouted, raising a fist. "I've got to save you!"

"Save me from what?" was Jack's annoyed response. "The fight hasn't even starte-"

BASH!

And Jack Scarecrow's entire upper body was embedded in the frozen wall, his legs sticking straight out for a moment before going limp.

"...Welp," his muffled voice grumbled, "walked right into that one didn't I?"

"You have no business being here, Roy." Frost growled, frozen vapors rising from the massive cross he still held out like a huge baseball bat. "We were all doing fine and dandy without you!"

"Actually," Scarecrow's muffled voice shot back, "he's the first one besides me to do something useful in months."

"That's right!" Roy said, glaring at Frost. "And you work for those Council jerks who broke all of my consoles! I'm here to avenge my Nintegatarnysoft DreamBoy Entertainment Station: Gizmurbogenesis Neojaguar VIC-2600 Mark 64^2, Version 3.D0 Beta!!!"

A great silence hung in the room as everyone tried to (or tried not to) process that.

"...Oh, and to rescue my friends!" Roy added as an afterthought.

"I feel so safe..." Brigh mumbled dryly.

"Seconded."

"Thirded."

"Fourthed."

"Don't embarrass yourself further, Roy." Frost said with a sinister grin. "Scarecrow is a member of the Union, and Union Jacks are tough as nails! You don't stand one TENTH of a chance against me." For emphasis, the wicked winter warrior spun his massive cross in front of him like it were a simple baton, the motion sending a freezing blast of air at Roy.

But Roy jumped clean over it, the blast harmlessly caking ice on a machine behind him.

"Don't bet on it!" Roy taunted. "I've been training since you chumps last saw me, and I'm way tougher than I used to be!"

"Oh, really...?" Frost chuckled, apparently not believing Roy.

"Oh, really!" Roy insisted, grinning. "This place may be colder and more barren than Gorilla Glacier, but it's still Santa's Workshop! Where all the toys in the world come from!"

Roy reached into his pockets and pulled out two pairs of black Wiimotes with matching Nunchuks attached to them, then spun them like ACTUAL nunchuks before striking a combat pose.

"And toys just so happen to be my specialty!"

With that, Roy lunged at Jack Frost, his weapons swinging. But Frost was quick despite his unwieldy weapon, dodging each swing and quickly spinning his cross into the next attack, catching one of Roy's weapons and winding it around, yanking it clear out of Roy's hand before swinging it into the wall and breaking the controller. Frost swung his cross sideways and used the opening to kick Roy in the stomach, sending him crashing into a conveyor belt.

"What a coincidence." Frost said in a cold *rimshot* tone, smiling cruelly. "My specialty is BREAKING toys."

Roy responded by putting away his Wii-chuk combo.

"I know how to fix my toys." he warned. "And I thought your specialty was cold stuff."

"That, too." Frost replied, a bit flustered by Roy's erratic behavior.

"Theeeeeeeeeeeeen," Roy shouted in an exaggerated drawl as he pulled his goggles over his eyes and his headphones over his ears, before reach into his pockets and pulling out two Zappers, "let's TURN UP THE HEAT!" He leveled his two weapons and aimed them straight at Jack's face.

"Oh like I'm going to be scared of some plastic '80's toys-"

KPLOW KPLOW KPLOW KPLOW KPLOW KPLOW!

Frost promptly ate whatever he was about to finish that sentence with, eyes widening in shock as the Zappers began to fire fiery little balls of light that singed his outfit and created explosions of steam against his cross and skin. He cried out in pain and spun his cross in an attempt to deflect or at least block the bullets, but the barrage of light bullets was quickly eating through his weapon. Mist filled the air as Frost let his weapon evaporate, using the ensuing vapor as a makeshift smokescreen. He ran across the factory floor, bounding over crates and machinery and sliding under conveyor belts and cranes.

But Roy was quick to follow, parkouring over and under the factory's obstacles with the ease of a monkey.

"All those hours grinding Mirror's Edge Achievements paid off, huh Jack?!" Roy called, his voice barely audible over the trademark 8-bit blasts of his twin handguns.

Brigh, Jane, and the now-freed Jack Scarecrow were in shock. Since when was ROY of all people so brave? And since when could he fight?!

But Frost somehow managed to lose Roy. The youngster skidded to a stop and looked around, slowly scouting the assembly lines and vats of frozen plastics.

"You're better than I thought, Roy." Frost's voice seemed to echo across the entire factory. "You might actually be of use to the Council. But my main concern here is Jack. Not you."

"If you wanna mess with my friend," Roy said, turning a corner, "you're gonna have to go through me."

"Not necessarily." Frost answered. "You like video games, I hear..."

"I'm not gonna be bribed. You jerks owe me WAY more than you can offer for that Nintegatarnysoft DreamBoy Entertai-"

"Bribe?!" Jack Frost laughed heartily. "Why would we waste resources or cash on some dumb kid who'll waste them on his dumb video games?"

"WHAT'D YOU SAY?!" Roy shrieked angrily.

"You like video games so much?" Frost taunted as a strange rumble reached Roy's ears. "Then you leave your pals to me... and I'll leave some Ski Free to you!"

Roy's face went pale at the mention of that name. No, Frost wouldn't... he COULDN'T!

CRASH!!!!

But he could, he would, and he just did; Frost's laughter faded back in the direction of Roy's friends and roommates as a massive shape burst through the factory wall in front of Roy and roared. To Roy's horror, it was just as he'd feared...

"A Yeti..."

------------------------------------

Yeah I'm back, wanna fight about it?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Brigh Dangerfield:

While Roy was getting ready to face off against the Yeti, Brigh was in another corner of the workshop, practically giddy with excitement.

This was what she had been waiting for. She had been dreaming of this moment ever since they had landed in this damn Christmas special, which seemed like 7 months ago now ((Kuro: *cough*)). A battle. An all out, throw-down, skull-bashing brawl!! How glorious! Surely, this was where she was meant to be at this very moment, standing on battlefield, surrounded by her comrades-in-arms, fighting the ultimate fight of life or death with foes so vicious that any other person would be trembling at the sight!

"Put up yer dukes!" said a squeaky, high-pitched voice. Brigh glanced around her and was confused when she so no one around her. "Hey! Down here, you amazon!!" Brigh slowly looked down to see a creature that was no more than two feet tall. With pale blue skin and wide gray eyes as big as saucers, the ice elf, one of Frost's minions, had his fists up in a fighting stance and was throwing a couple of test punches in mid-air.

"You---You're kidding, right?" Said Brigh slowly, blinking in disbelief. "You're my opponent? You look like you just jumped out of a Keebler commercial!" She folded her arms across her chest, threw back her head and laughed. "You're funny, kid. Come back when you grow a few more inch---"

*CRASH*

In a matter of milliseconds, the ice elf had slammed his tiny fist into Brigh's stomach, sending a wave of cold throughout her entire body as she flew backward into the wall of the workshop at an incomprehensible speed. As she hit the wall, the thin coating of ice that had instantaneously covered her entire body shattered with a crash and fell about her in millions of tiny shards. It was several moments before Brigh could get back to her feet, her eyes blazing with hatred toward this pint-sized, polar pixie.

"YYYYYOOOOOOOUUUU!! YOU LITTLE BASTARD!!" She yelled, reaching into her massive arsenal and inexplicably pulling out a massive, military-issued flamethrower. "PREPARE TO BURN!!"

Then, without any sort of caution or discretion, Brigh let loose with the flame thrower, engulfing everyone and everything in her wake with hot, molten death. Too bad some of them were her friends...

"AUGH!!" Jack Scarecrow yelped as he leapt aside, narrowly avoiding a wave of flame so that it only nicked his arm. However, it should be noted by our viewers that his arm was filled with straw, and therefore incredibly flammable. He snatched off his patch-covered hat and used it to vigorously beat out the flames before it caused anymore damage. "Dammit, Brigh! Watch where you're aiming that thing! You're going to burn down the entire workshop!"

"You know what, Jack??" Brigh replied, a manic twitch in her eye, "THAT'S NOT A BAD IDEA!! AHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" *FWOOSH*

"Shit..." said Jack, grabbing Jane by the arm and making a mad dash for the exit.

-------------

Hmm, admittedly not my best post ever, but at least it's something. *scuttles off to finish her post for DBSU as well*
    Last edited by Kuro Espeon; 19th July 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Kuro's quote fav:

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Name: Jane Fox
    Personality: If it was in one word, she would be described as 'intense'. Shes big into covering her escape routes if necissary and is always looking out for a huge wild animal of some sort to come barreling out of nowhere and try to gobble her up. Shes careful to the point of obsession, and shed do anything to survive, even if it means sacrificing members of the group to ensure the rest will live (lol). She never laughs unless shes killing something that tried to kill her and she likes her meat raw.
    History: OMG what?? SHES AN ORPHAN! (who saw that coming? XD) lol her parents were killed while exploring a distant jungle on another world when she was just a child, and from that young age shes had to eke out an existance far from human contact. Because of that her people skills are almost nonexistant and she goes more on instinct than anything else. Eventually she was rescued by a passing space cruise liner, and finding no place for her among normal humans, was forced to live with all the other misfits in the Yet to be Named complex. She has one companion though, a small lizard-wolf puppy she calls "Meat"
    Physical Appearance: Stand at about 5'9", short blond hair, blue eyes. Very tan skin from being out in the wild, and a lean muscular build. Usually has an intense desperate expression on her face lol
    Typical clothes: Camo everything, lol she wears a camo tank top that shows her stomach, tattered camo shorts and a camo headband that she wears with her blond bangs over it. She often wears black lines on her face and applies them like most women apply makeup. When she wears shoes they are usually lightweight and khaki.
    Genre: Survival
    Weapon/Gear: Daggars, spears, just about every kind of weapon that primitive man has had. She also has a crude fishing kit (a line and a hook, and a net) an equally crude first aid kit (with medicine and balms made from plants and animals) And what looks like a bear toothed necklace/.
    Catchphrase: "We re all going to die...."
    Other: I also forgot relationships so let me add that in ^-~
    Relationships: Friends with Jack Scarecrow, meaning she doesnt want to kill him...lol ^v~ Open to anyone else as well!

~Jane Fox~
    Home is where you hang your weapons...

It seemed like a normal day at first.

Get up two hours before dawn. Spring out of bed fully dressed and alert. Have a quick breakfast of dried meat and berries before getting down to business. The other freaks that lived here had no idea, they were so oblivious! They pranced around in their merry little soft lives, while they sit stupidly unawares that at any moment their pitiful lives could end. Do they take the necissary precautions day to day? NO! But that was ok, because it would go after the weak first, and so when one of them ends up dead Ill know its coming and Ill have a better chance to survive. Im sure that sounded harsh to others ears but it was the cold hard facts. Sometimes to live others have to die. It was the way of the world, I didnt make it that way.

Anyway, it was a normal day. The traps had been set around the perimeter of the outside of the <yet to be named> apts, pit traps, traps with spikes to fall onto, traps with tigers waiting below to tear whatever fell in to pieces. Rope traps to string them up, and cage traps to hold any kind of animal that dared to try and kill me. Cause I knew they were out there, I could see their eyes glowing hungrily at night from the small windows in my attic apt. They were always watching, waiting for me to let my guard down so they could lunge in for the kill. But unlike the rest of the prey I lived with, I would be prepared!

"There! All finished!"
    I threw off my welding faceguard and put down the welder with satisfaction. Double plated titanium siding. Id like to see an ape get through that now...
    You could never be sure when a giant ape would burst through. Some said I was being silly, after all I was on the top floor. But they were the silly ones! Apes had long arms and like to climb to the tops of buildings, thats why I was reinforcing the whole damn thing. And when they came I would see them coming! I would be the first to sound the alarm, and me alone would survive!! Well, I would save Jack too I supposed. He was after all my next door neighbor.
    I stretched as I swung open the new heavy door of my apt. "Ah...safety at last...but I still cant relax!" I whirled around, searching my bare apt for any intruders. When none were found I glanced back at the door. OH NO! I HAD LEFT IT OPEN! With a primal yell I kicked the door shut, and it made a heavy SLAM. Whew....that was close. I flopped to the floor and took one moment to relax after all the hard work I did today.
    Suddenly a creaking sound travelled through the floor I was laying on. I glaced over and saw a crack building in the floorboards. "Oh shi----" I tried to yell but it was too late. My not-so-reinforced floor collapsed under me and I fell straight through to the second apt down below.
    "....Ow." I said, then instantly regretted it. I couldnt let whoever destroyed my floor see my weakness! I sprang to my feet, looking around me for the one who caused the damage. Suddenly I heard a rustle coming from the other room of this strange cavelike apt. Bursting through the doorway I had a spear ready to attack whoever or WHATEVER it was!
    "....Get out of my house..." the weird pointy eared thing said. "YOUR house?!" I howled. "You destroyed my floor you monster! You must be in league with the apes!!!" And with that I threw my spear at him...it striking home---and then bouncing off?! What the?!
    I ran over and poked the spot where my spear struck. "Its....some sort of exoskeleton...you must be a GIANT INSECT!!!! I NEED RAID!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF RAID!!!" Knowing none of my conventional weapons would do the job I ran out the door of its nest and went on a mission to find a huge ass can of raid. Where there was one Giant insect there was more!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    lol the "Insect" is Drake and she doesnt know that her own heavy ass door is what broke her floor XD

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Veteran Trainer

So, Jack and Drake live on the second floor, Roy lives on the third floor, Brigh and Jane live on the top floor...

...Yet Jane and Jack are next-door neighbors.

Who the fuck built this place? M_c Escher?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Yeah, I thought Jane lived next to Jack on the first floor? O_o

And I find it funny how Brigh and Jane are BOTH overly-paranoid. Only Brigh's paranoid about Commies and ninja...not apes, lol. XD

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Guys dont you know? The <yet to be named> Apartment complex is actually the Winchester House. There are countless staircases which lead nowhere; a blind chimney that stops short of the ceiling; closets that open to blank walls; trap doors; double-back hallways; skylights that were located one above another; doors that opened to steep drops to the lawn below, stained glass windows that never see the sun because they are built in an inner wall, etc etc etc! Anything can happen in this damn place XD Dont make me get the Blademaster doll which tells you to invent the most crazy thing you can think of guys, I found it again after reading the old one XD

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name: Drake
    Species: Dragoon (Mana infused Elf)
    Personality: Drake usually comes off as uncaring and cold to other people. He often appears to be in a permanently foul mood, though that’s rather untrue. Drake goes mute when he’s truly angry, in fact you can usually tell he’s in a good mood because he’s telling someone to piss off and leave him alone. He has moments of weakness (like every other stereotypical cold-warriors), showing that he does, actually, have a heart. He is also rather sarcastic, and will no doubt insult anyone trying to be his friend or following him around for whatever reason.
    History: He's a Dragoon, a race of warrior elves born when High Elves mixed Elf children with pure Mana.
    The result was a sub-species born and bred to fight and defend the Elf Kingdom. Dragoons (in particular Drake) are feared for their hunger for battle and need of a challenge. They were one of the smallest, yet most powerful races fighting the Demons in the ancient war, because of the Mana in their blood, Dragoons reach a certain age and then cease to grow physically.
    Physical Appearance: Drake Hair is dark, fire red colour and skin is tan. His eyes are a mixture of crimson and bright red, and the pupil resembles more of a cat’s then a humans.
    Typical clothes: He wears a black zip-up tank top (similar to Cloud’s from AC but without the high collar or random sleeve), a tight bandage around his right wrist. On top of that he wears a slim, silver Elvin designed breastplate, with details in a dark, almost black colour. His scarf is a silvery-white color, and his pants are black and cargo-like. His belt is also black (go figure.) and has a silver buckle.
    Genre: Fantasy (of course…)
    Weapon/Gear: Sword (its big, and feels ridiculously heavy to anyone who isn’t Drake…), And Magic revolving around Fire and making them explode (also uses his slightly superhuman senses and strength to fight). Err, he has a small pouch of gold in his pocket, and some leaves in a plastic bag in his other pocket.
    Catchphrase: N/A
    Other: Like all good stereotypical-warriors, he’s a ridiculously good fighter. XDD
    Relationships: open.

Drake

Other than the pizza delivery boy, he had been having a great day.

A wonderful day, some would say. Yes, a fantastic day with no one in it to bother him or irritate him.

Drake, had been happy.

Until now.

Or rather, the last five or six minutes, when of all things to happen: his ceiling collapsed. Well, a small part of it, conveniently big enough to fit a person, not just any person, no, of course not, he’s not that lucky to have an average everyday citizen fall into his apartment.

It had to be the crazy lady with a spear.

Drake wouldn’t have died from the spear, no, but it would’ve hurt. Yes, definitely. And that would’ve officially put him in the worst mood ever. Dying was one thing, but attempting to kill him and failing, well that was a whole other ball game. If you died you didn’t have time to *be* angry, you were go to wherever dead people go (Drake didn’t care).

No. Instead (after *trying* to kill him), the crazy lady with a spear, walked up to him, and tapped on his armour. That he had just happened to be wearing today, of all days, because he just had.
    Well, it saved him abrupt rage and pain. Good enough reason to keep it around.

And why the hell was he in league with the apes??

"Its....some sort of exoskeleton...you must be a GIANT INSECT!!!! I NEED RAID!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF RAID!!!"

He wondered if she had even taken notice that he did not *look* like an insect, and that his ‘exoskeleton’ was actually a piece of finely crafted metal.
    Drake’s ears lowered a little in annoyance as he walked up to the door and abruptly shut it and locked it. Would it stop her? No, she wouldn’t take the door; he knew that, she’d take that hole…. Drake’s eyes slowly drifted back to the gaping hole in his ceiling and frowned.

“Great…”

He glanced around his apartment, and wandered up to some of the tapestries and what-not he had. If she damaged *any* of them she would dearly have to pay. But no, they were untouched and perfect, just how he liked it. Flipping it into the air with his foot, Drake caught the spear and looked up the hole into the crazy lady’s apartment.
    He was going to regret this, but he flung the spear upwards and it stabbed into her ceiling. He smirked and walked away from the hole.

A crazy lady always needs her spear… He mused, and turned as he heard a knock at the door. The man frowned and slowly opened the door, keeping himself braced against it encase that woman was going to try and bash her way in. He peered around the door’s edge and grimaced.

~ ~ ~ ~

TAG BECKI (or Asi) NOW GET YOUR ARSE MOVING

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Name: Mariah Nodoka
    Personality: Mariah is a very very quiet person, she would normally keep to herself unless someone she actually likes is in terrible danger or she is ordered to do something. She is a very polite person who stands at the back of the crowd, not really a leader character even though she is trained in leadership skills. When she starts to like someone she becomes really uncomfortable around them and tends to stutter when spoken to.
    History: Mariah was picked from a young age to be trained as an expert assasain and spy. Because her training started when she was 4 years old she never really knew her parents so most of the time she seems detached from everyone around here. Because of this fact she doesn't have any friends besides the person she shares a room at the academy with but even they are not really close.
    Physical Appearance: Mariah stands at about 5'6" making her not very tall, she has has short purple hair which covers her eyes (she mainly looks like Nodoka from Negima) But when her face is not hiding her eyes they are a dark mystical green. She is of a medium build and despite her rigorous training she doesn't have much muscle mass but her strength seems 10 times more powerful then she looks.
    Typical clothes: She normally wears he academy uniform which is a white shirt with a blue collar under a bright red long sleeved blazer with the academy logo on it. She also wears a skirt which comes about 3 quarters of the way down her thigh. Her uniform can change into her battle attire which is a skin tight bright purple lycra suit (kinda of like Zero-suit Samus) which has a belt for all her weapons.
    Genre: Science-Fiction
    Weapon/Gear: Her weapons are all held in a small pouch on her belt which is linked to a realm of infinite space which holds anything and everything. She mainly uses 4 weapons.
    1: 2 small sword hilt which has an energy capacitor which forms an energy weapon in any form she choose these range from a Sword - Dagger - Axe
    2: 2 Pistols, which can use lethal and non lethal bullets depending on wether she is doing an assasaination or a capture. Other then that they are your normal hand guns with a standard 15 bullet clip.
    3: A large sniper rifle with a powerful scope, it can hold anything from an armor piercing rounds to tranquilizer darts.
    4: The last of her main weapons which she only uses in extreme situation is a massive chain gun which can pretty much cut through anything.
    Catchphrase: Since she doesn't talk much her catchphrase is mainly silence.
    Other: Relationships are open if anyone wants to attempt to break through to Mariah. btw STTTTTTEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mariah sighed as she walked back to the <yet to be named> apartments after a hard school day.

"God I hate school" she muttered as she nursed the wound she got in arts class (Martial arts class that is) "Well I hope there is something good in my fridge.

She pulled her purple hair out of her eyes as rummaged through her bag on infinite size for her room keys.

"Every single day, can never find my friggin keys no matter how hard I try. Oh there they are, I need a key chain"

Walking into her room it was filled with all types of electronic gadgets adorning the walls, along with an awesome TV and computer sitting in the corner of the room. along with a laboratory filled with strange vials containing wierd liquids of different colours as well as a huge machine which looks quite omnious.

"Ahh technology there is nothing better" sighed Mariah as she walked over to her kitchen, opening the fridge a familiar sight granted her "mmmmmm Steak" she uttered as she looked in her fridge which was just rows and rows of steak. "But I feel like something different today" she thought to herself as she walked into her lab with a big pile of steak. "Now time to get to work"

*~*~*~ Much Later *~*~*~

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAH Its done" yelled Mariah as she held her creation up above her head in victory "The perfect fusion between taste and awesomeness, STEAK FLAKES. ALL HAIL THE STEAK FLAKES" Taking a big hand full of the small steak like peices and shoved them in her mouth she immediately tasted the full bodied flavour of a juciy steak but in the size of a small chip.

A loud boom could be heard over head "Damnit what are those crazy people doing now" she whispered to herself. She then heard alot of screaming coming from the floor above her. "That does it I am sick of all this commotion" she yelled as she reached into her bag and pulled out a large beam gun.

The gun whined as it built up its energy and fired a pure orange beam through her own roof creating a giant hole in the floor above. Grabbing a ladder she climbed up to see a hole in the celing of this floor as well. She turned her head around to see a very very annoyed elven like creature with pointy ears and armour.

"What are you doing in my room?" questioned the elven being.

"Ahhh" Mariah stammered "I was just seeing what all this commotion was about"

"Did you have to make the hole in my floor?"

"hehehehe yeh, it seemed more dramatic that way"

"What ever no go away I am in no mood" replied the elf as he kicked the top of the ladder sending Mariah crashing to her own floor.

"Fine I don't need to know" she yelled as she sat down on her couch and began to eat her steak flakes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I just blew a hole in Drake's floor to match the celing, hope thats ok CT.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Name: Meiya Cervenka
    Species: Human (the hopeless romantic variety!)
    Personality: Meiya’s a quiet kind of girl, the kind that just potters around and gets on with things. College student and a bookworm, she lives in her own little dream world of romance she’s read in classic novels. She loves the idea of being swept off her feet into the arms of a handsome man. She’s a sweet girl, kind and caring, always looking out for others. Inwardly, she’s quite shy, so any kind of over excitedness is normally caused by nervousness, and often blushes. She’s quite often humming a little tune too.
    History: Meiya’s a college student living alone in a small apartment in the block. She studies English with music as her minor. She lives on the same floor as Drake and just so happens to have the biggest crush on him. She often pops over for random reasons just to get the chance to talk to him.
    Physical Appearance: Meiya is around 5’7’’, with a thin, slightly curvy build. She has jade green eyes and dark brown hair that reaches half way down her back. Her skin is lightly tanned from where she likes to read outside in the sun. Overall, she has more of a cutesy appearance than sexy, which frustrates her a little.
    Typical clothes: Normally just jeans and a t-shirt with a hoodie or zip up jacket. On her feet is normally a pair of red old converse. She mostly goes for comfy things, unless she’s trying to particularly impress. Typical college student budget, though.
    Genre: Romance
    Weapon/Gear: She’s probably carrying some kind of book with her. Hardbacks can do damage, right?
    Catchphrase: Can’t think of anything XD
    Other: Boom, boom, boom! Everybody say Way-oh! WAY-OH!

~~
    Today was the day. It had to be. She’d got this far, so she had to go through with this. She’d been planning this day for a while, carefully choosing what she was going to say. Her heart pounded in her chest as she walked down the corridor, a small jug in hand.

Today was the day that Meiya would finally get to see the inside of Drake’s apartment.

Well, she’d seen it from the doorway before, but that didn’t count. She wanted to go inside. She wanted to be more than just the girl along the corridor that popped by every now and again. This wasn’t just a cure for her loneliness; it meant a lot more to her than that. He seemed to be very interesting, at least more than the guys at college and she was curious.
    Maybe that was because he was the strong, silent type she loved to read about. Although, she couldn’t help but wonder if he was the Mr Darcy kind or perhaps a hero to sweep her off her feet...

You see, it had been a few months since she’d moved into this building, taking the smallest apartment on that floor. The lift was broken, so she was carrying her things up the stairs and dropped some books. Drake had picked a few up for her, handed them to her and carried on his way. It was at that moment that she started to believe in love at first sight.

Or, at least, that not all men were selfish pigs.

So back to present times... Now our young lady is stood outside the man’s door, her hand trembling as she reaches up to knock. She paused for a few seconds, hearing some pretty strange things behind the door before knocking. The door slowly opened, only a little way, but just enough to see the man’s grimace, which she chose to ignore.

“H-hi Drake!” She stutters, her cheeks beginning to turn a light shade of pink. “I was wondering...” She begins, holding up her glass Pyrex jug. “Would I be able to borrow some milk?”

His eyes narrowed as the door opened a tiny bit further. “It’s the middle of the afternoon... The shops are still open...”

This response wasn’t a problem, because she’d already thought up a reply. “I’m baking a cake! For my friend’s birthday tonight and I don’t have enough time to...”

He rolled his eyes, opening the door. “Fine...”

Meiya smiled as he turned around, leading her inside. Her heart began to race faster and faster as she got to take a proper look around and especially when Drake took the jug off her.

His hands were so close... She thought as she watched him, mentally swooning. She was quite content until an orange beam of light shot up through the floor a few feet in front of her.

Saying that Drake wasn’t impressed would be an understatement. The purple haired girl from the floor below climbed up a ladder and peered out, noticing the hole in the ceiling as well, which, frankly, Meiya hadn’t noticed until the girl had looked.

Drake seems to have a few friends... Maybe he doesn’t need me.

Subconsciously, Meiya seemed to shuffle so she was hiding behind him, although a good distance from him. She noticed his ears seemed to be quite a lot lower than they normally were, but she had no idea why.

“What are you doing in my room?” He asked, nearly growling.

"Ahhh!" Mariah stammered, for Meiya had remembered her name. "I was just seeing what all this commotion was about."

"Did you have to make the hole in my floor?"

"Hehehehe yeah, it seemed more dramatic that way."

"Whatever, no. Go away, I am in no mood...” With that, Drake kicked the ladder, sending her crashing back down to the floor below. His ears seemed to perk up a little.

With this, Meiya became disappointed. Had she been the cause of his bad mood? It was no wonder he grimaced when he saw her at the door. She figured she should just go, but deep down she longed to stay, to make him feel better. But what if he didn’t want her company? She should just go...

“I can go if you want...” Meiya mumbled, biting her thumbnail and looking down at the floor.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Advanced Trainer

Drake
    Neighbours

No, this just wasn’t fair. He know his luck was bad but this was bordering on ridiculous, not only did he have a crazy lady with a spear for a neighbour, but now he had some chick with a lazer cannon thinking it was all peachy and okay to blow a hole, in his floor. For a moment, he did contemplate killing her, or lighting her hair ablaze, but no, he had company (though he really wasn’t in the mood), and murder wasn’t exactly top on the list as proper host manners.

Of course he wasn’t a perfect host. So did the rules apply to him?

Kind of.

He walked up to the ladder (and the girl), bordering on angry. “Whatever, now, go away, I am *not* in the mood...” With that he kicked the ladder, and watched the girl (and the ladder) tumble down and with a certain satisfaction, heard the crash.

He turned, and found Meiya looking rather… What’s the word? Sheepish? Maybe, Drake honestly didn’t care (much, he cared a little). He was about to ask what was wrong before she offered to take her leave. The Dragoon blinked, he hadn’t done anything to her, hell he had let her in, and was going to give the woman milk, how exactly had Meiya gone from peppy and happy (and slightly annoying) to depressed and sad (still annoying)?

“What?” He questioned, a little harsher then intended. “Why? You’re the only woman so far in my day not try to kill me (with a spear, he thought), or create a hole in my apartment.”

“Oh…” She smiled meekly. “I-I guess that’s a good thing!” Meiya seemed brighter.

Drake stared at her with a semi-annoyance (more of a confused) gaze and turned towards his kitchen. She wanted milk right? Right, the faster he got her the milk the faster he could politely ask her to leave.

He has a floor to fix.

And a ceiling.

Drake was quite content with the silence; it meant no awkward conversation with the girl down the hall.

“So…”

Damn it.

“H-How was your day?”

Drake chuckled a little, she couldn’t see it, but as he put the milk back in the fridge, his face was that of sarcastic irritation. His day? It had been shitty, horrible, one that he wished to forget; in fact he could go on an entire rant about how it went from perfectly fine to-

“It was bad.” He turned, and leaned against the counter with crossed arms. He nodded towards the holes in his apartment. “My apartment has holes in it.”

“The… entire day has been bad?”

Almost.

“No.”

“How was the other part?”

Pretty good.

Drake frowned. “Fine, my home didn’t have holes in it before.”

“O-oh…” The woman approached the kitchen, though a bit cautiously. “I’m sure that can be fixed.”

Probably not.

“I doubt it.”

“W-why?”

Does she always stutter? He wondered, not finding it annoying just odd. “Well, one woman…” He looked up at his ceiling. “Has a spear and God knows what else. And the other..” He looked at the floor. “Has laser cannons. I feel sorry for the repairman who gets those jobs…”

“You have a sword…”

He blinked, and then looked over to where she was. Yes, he did, it was hanging on the wall with some fancy decoration around it, though he hadn’t actually used the thing in a long time. He had no need too, until apparently now, when his neighbours from above and below came ‘knocking’.

“I wouldn’t attack a repairman.” He frowned again.

She smiled a little more. “T-That’s good to know.”

And there was that awkward, looming silence again. He wanted to ask her to leave but… Curiosity got the better of him. “Do you always stutter?”

~ ~ ~

TAG BECKI!!! Again…

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Name: Fisherman Steve
    Personality: Steve is absolutely convinced that his team of 6 Magikarp is the ultimate pokemon fighting force. Though he has lost every battle he has been in, he still maintains that his Magikarp are the greatest thing since sliced bread. He will always accept a challenge and charge into battle. Very easy-going and a generally happy guy.
    History: Fisherman Steve is 0-162 in pokemon battling. He's spent most of his life sitting by the pier, fishing with his Old Rod. When he was 10, he caught his first pokemon, a level 5 Magikarp. Ever since, he's fished and fished and fished away, assembling his perfect team of 6 Magikarp. He one day aspires to challenging the pokemon league, but first he must win a battle...
    Physical Appearance: Average height I guess, a little on the stocky side. Kinda chunky from sitting around fishing all day.
    Typical clothes: Dull orange fishing cap and jacket, with flannel buttoned shirt, plain black pants and black shoes.
    Genre: Pokemon RPG
    Weapon/Gear: His team of 6 Magikarp does his fighting. I suppose he could use his Old Rod if he had to...
    Catchphrase: "I am a Pokemon Master!"
    Other: =P

Fisherman Steve
    ~~~~~~~~~~

"Fish fish fish...all day long...fish fish fish while I sing this song." Steve sang to himself, taking a sip from his coffee thermos and giving his Old Rod a tug. Next to him was his satchel, with six pokeballs inside. They were the marked Trainer balls, signifying that a pokemon was inside. They were his pride and joy, his self-proclaimed elite pokemon team--six Magikarp.

"How are you guys doing over there? All comfortable and cozy?" Steve said in the direction of his bag, reaching over and patting it gently. As he turned back to his rod, he felt a sharp tug on the line.

"Oh boy! A big one! I sure hope it's another Magikarp!" Steve exclaimed, jumping to his feet. He excitedly reeled the line in, furiously turning the handle. After a struggle, the line popped out of the water, and a pokemon flew and landed with a thud right next to Steve's bag. It was a Mewtwo, and it stood up onto its hind legs. It looked at Steve intently.

"A M-m-mewtwo? What are you doing in the lake?" Steve asked, somehow expecting it to answer him.

The Mewtwo turned, and grabbed one of Steve's empty pokeballs from off the ground. It turned back toward him, holding the pokeball in its hand. With its other hand, it pointed at itself, then the pokeball. Steve looked confused.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Steve asked, his eyebrows raised. The Mewtwo looked at him as if to say "are you retarded?" and grabbed a piece of paper from Steve's bag. The Mewtwo began to write on the paper, and quickly handed the note to Steve. This is what it read:

I would like you to be my master. Shall I get in the pokeball?

Upon reading this, Steve looked back at the Mewtwo, and folded his arms.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid you're not strong enough to be on my team. I will only settle for the legendary Magikarp!" Steve said, raising a fist in the air triumphantly. The Mewtwo sweatdropped, and its eyes narrowed. It stretched out its palm and zapped Steve with a Thunderbolt, making him nice and crispy.

"Moron..." It muttered, teleporting away.

Once Steve's skin tone returned to normal, he grabbed his rod off the ground where he had dropped it. However, before he sat back down to continue fishing, everything around him began to distort. The sky changed from color to color as if it were an Iron Butterfly album. Crashes of thunder and lightning were heard nearby, and suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light. Steve whirled around to see dust rising from beyond the trees. It appeared to be coming from the area of his apartment building.

"What the heck was that? Better go check it out." Steve said to himself. He gathered up all his empty pokeballs and bait and tossed them into his backpack, slinging it over his back and starting up the hill, Old Rod still in hand. When he emerged from the trees, he could see across the parking lot. Where his building used to be was now a pile of rubble. Squinting, he could see some of the residents gathered at the base, chattering amongst themselves. He set out across the lot, eager to find out just what happened.
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Muhahaha! My original post still works for the most part!

Name-David Johnson (ever notice how angets and spies have normal sounding names such as Jack, James and Sam?)
    Foxhound Code Name-Maniac Dolphin
    Age-28
    Gender-Male
    Species-Human
    Personality-If your innocent he'll be caring towards you. If your not then your not going to be on his good side. Will do whatever it takes to get his mission done. Rumored to be unstable and a bit of a loose cannon as he claims he's been a huge help on many missions that aren't listed in his dossier.
    History-Former NYPD police officer. Eventually joined the army and was recruited into Foxhound for a mission in the middle east. Upon returning to the US he eventually joined the CIA's New York branch of CTU but has been inactive for several years since the terrorists only seem to focus on Los Angeles and DC. Is currently living at the apartment complex and working as a security guard at a local office building while waiting for CTU and the President of the United States to call him back into action. Also despite being out of action it's not uncommon for him to disappear for days on end as he helps other agents requesting his help.
    Physical Appearance-Standing at 5 foot 11 he's not exactly tall but the way he's built he doesn't need to be. Has short blond hair in sort of a Trunks style haircut, blue eyes and a kind face......until some random terrorist asshole pisses him off.
    Typical clothes-Usually wears a brown leather jacket with blue jeans and a green shirt. When he's clothed he always has at least two handguns hidden somewhere on him. If he's on a mission he'll swap out his normal clothes for CTU tactial gear: a dark blue long sleeve shirt with CTU and CIA emblems on each arm, a black flak jacket and black combat pants.
    Genre-Espionage
    Weapon/Gear-Uses a varitiy of handguns but usually carries a Sig P228. As a backup weapon he uses a Springfield Micro .45 GAP in an ankle holster under his pants. Also carries a cell phone and a PDA. When in his tactial gear he adds a combat knife to the mix and a suppressor to his Sig.
    Catchphrases-We're running out of time! (since no federal agent or spy in TV, games and movies has ever said THAT)
    Dammit! (a fav of Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter and Jack Bauer from 24)
    Other-I can't give you other! You've got to tell me what other things I need to know because we're running out of time dammit!
    Relationships-Knows some of the other characters in the complex and is friendly towards them but mainly keeps to himself. Outside of the complex he's friends with just about every fictional spy ever created. Claims that he did all the work in missions such as destroying Goldenye, curing the Omega Strain of Syphon Filter and saving David Palmer's life. This cannot be proven as all these missions are top secret and officals from the respective agenties involved cannot be reached for comment.

David Johnson
    ------
    "Man one of these days someone's gonna get killed" I sighed as I set down the pizza and locked the door. Brigh was a good girl but she wasn't exactly the type who you could walk up to her door and knock. I learned that the hard way when I first moved into this apartment complex. Somehow I had lost my can opener during the move so naturally I tried to borrow one from the next door neighbor. Within two seconds Brigh had me pinned against the wall with a knife to my throat. and I had my .45 level with her head. Lucky for both of us that clown with all the games and that fisherman somehow got everything taken care of and managed to calm both of us down. Despite that first meeting I was quick to become friends with her. She had a love for all things military and I was always willing to share tips of the trade with someone intrested. Her old man had a few good war stories as well but I never could figure out where and when he served.

As time went on I quickly learned the apartment was full of oddballs but I wasn't one to judge. Granted I was a bit on my guard with that jungle girl and the scarecrow at first. It wasn't everyday someone walked down the hallway outside your door with a spear. Of course the undead was a much rarer sight still. However considering the first meeting I had with a neighbor I gave them both a chance. No one in this apartment was really dangerous towards one another so eventually everything just seemed normal.

Just as I was about to open up the pizza box a beeping sound I hadn't heard in a long time came from my bedroom. If someone's contacting me by Codec this can't be good I thought to myself as I placed the reciever into my ear. "This is Agent Joh......I mean Dolphin" I said with a sigh. It was common knowledge among Foxhound members that I hated that codename but I had a feeling this wasn't the time for it. "Dolphin this is Campbell. We've got a terrible situation!" Letting that sink in along with the knowledge of who was calling it didn't take long to figure out what might be happening. "How bad is it sir?" I asked. "Are we talking Metal Gear bad?" Campbell almost seemed paniced as he spoke. "NO! It's far worse than that!" If it was worse than a new Metal Gear then the shit was about to hit the fan.....or so I thought.

"It's monkeys! You've got to do something about them Dolphin!" If it was possible to do a face fault like in one or those Japanese cartoons Otacon was always watching then I'm sure I would have done it right then and there. "Excuse me sir....." I started to ask as polite as I could. "Did you just say monkeys?" While I soon saw it as nothing more than a big joke Campbell was still acting like he was serious. "YESSSS! APES!" he shouted in a voice so loud I almost had to turn off the Codec. Trying not to laugh I asked him "What about Snake? Can't he take on this mission of life or death?" After a brief pause Campbell calmly but still very seriously said "Damn.....I uh.....almost forgot about Snake. Good idea! He may be getting old but he's still our best agent! I'll call him!" With that he ended the call but his mood at the end left me rather confused.

Was he for real?
    ------

Minor changes since we're minus a few characters from last time not to mention MGS4 having come out since the original. However just like before I hope those that have played MGS3 got a nice laugh from that one ^_~
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

The Quiet One Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thank you for letting me join, This will be my 1st RPG =3

Name: Alexandria (Alex) Blake
    Personality: Alex is an open person, she's almost always honest, opinionated (speaks her mind), happy-go-lucky, upbeat and caring. And she sucks at lying.
    History: Alex is a country girl at heart, so no one really knows why she lives in the suburbs, she belongs somewhere on a ranch or farm. She was raised in a very open family where you speak your mind and doesn’t understand why some people, like her neighbour Drake, are so closed up. She learned to rope and ride when she was quite young and from time to time will rope random things... or people for fun.
    Physical Appearance: 5'7" slightly tanned, lean build. She has green eyes and a slightly round face. Long, dirty blond hair tided in a pony tail and bangs that come down to around her mouth.
    Typical clothes: White tank top, blue and grey plaid, cotton work shirt, typically left open. Blue jeans, leather cowboy boots, leather belt with a silver belt buckle, that has a fancy dancy design on it =D. Oh and a light tan cowboy hat =3
    [b]Genre: Western
    Weapon/Gear: six shooter, rope and a pocket knife
    Catchphrase: "Y’know you would look mighty fine in a Cowboy hat and a pair of leather boots"
    [b]Relationships: Open
    Other: She lives next-door to Drake while living with a bay horse named Buttercup, a cow named Lucy, a pig named Wilbert and an annoying rooster named Marmalade that Drake likes to call Friday Night Dinner (FND for short) She loves to bake anything sweet, especially cake and pie.

What the heck was Drake up to today? Alex thought to herself as she checked on the apple pie she had the oven. All that ruckus was making her animals uneasy. Another loud noise that sounded like some sort of shot rung though her apartment followed by more yelling and another load crash she rolled her eyes.

‘Naaaaa’ Buttercup protested.

“I know boy, its load here but you’ll haveta get used to it, we don’t live on the farm no more.” Alex agreed with her horse. This <Yet To Be Named> Apartment building was a lot different then what she was used to, and her neighbours, to say the least were a bit odd. Alex filled the stables with hay in hopes that the feed would calm the animals down.

Another loud noise came from the top floor set Marmalade off, calling out like it was first light; then Wilbert started chasing the rooster around the apartment, knocking things over.

“Oh for crying out load, would you guys just give it a break-”

The words had barely left her mouth when the pig chasing the rooster knocked over Lucy’s feeding bin, which made the poor old cow smack into Buttercup. Buttercup through a temper tantrum and kicked right threw the wall connecting Drake’s and Alex’s apartments.

“Oh boy, this ain’t good...”

Before Alex could reach the horse, Buttercup had turned himself around and had his head out that darn hole and was giving Drake and whom ever he had over lip.

“Buttercup, you stupid horse! Get yer head outta there!” she pulled back the horse and looked at the sizable hole in the connecting wall.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and put on the biggest Texas smile she could.

“Howdy there, sorry about the hole in your wall there, Dra-” Alex paused as she leaned out the hole.

Drake’s ears were back, quite annoyed as he glared at her, and a terrified Meiya just stared at her. “Oh... uh, I’m not interruptin’ anything now, am I?”

“........No.” Drake’s voice almost matched she death glare pointed in her direction.

“Oh well then,” She smiled, “Don’t you worry about this whole I’ll fix it right up as soon as the pie is finished.” She looked around his apartment, it was the first time she had ever seen inside of anyone else’s, their styles were completely different, she noted.

“As for those other holes ye got, I ain’t fixn’ em”

The timer on the oven went off and she bobbed her head out of the hole. She took the pie out of the oven and placed it on the stove top and turned off the timer. Alex ran back to the hole and called out to Drake and Meiya “You Darlin’s wouldn’t want any home made apple pie now would you?”

Elite Trainer

Jack Scarecrow
    --------------------------------------------------

Jack sighed as he let Roy into his apartment. He didn’t mean to be mean like that, it’s just that his day had been pretty bad so far.

“Sorry about that,” he murmured as he slumped down onto the couch.

“What happened buddy?” Roy asked, sitting down as well.

“I lost my job today.”

“Man, that sucks…” Then his face lit up, “That means you can stay here and we can play games all day!”

Jack chuckled, shaking his head.

“Unfortunately, some of us need to work in order to make a living.” This of course reminded our scarecrow of something.

“Speaking of which, before I forget…” he spoke up, “Where do you get all your stuff anyway!? I can barely get by on my salary, and you get everything but the kitchen sink!”

“Oh, I got one of those once,” Roy replied, “Didn’t really need it though. I don’t know where it came from…”

“That doesn’t answer my question. How the hell are you getting all this stuff!? You don’t have a job or anything!”

“Well, you see…”

Before Roy could finish however, there was a crash and a cry from next door. Jack sighed, his face falling into his palm.

“Jane…” he muttered, “Come on, let’s go see what she’s done.”

Roy nodded and the two quickly left the room, and after some light bashing against Jane’s reinforced door, managed to get into her room. She was gone, and there was now a hole in her floor. Jack sighed. He knew that Drake, who lived below, would not like this.

“Jack!”

Both men spun around to see Jane stride into her room. For once, she didn’t flip out about them getting into her room and just started searching.

“I need as much Raid as possible! Now!”

Jack rolled his eyes. “Why?”

“There’s a giant insect below us!”

“Jane, that’s Drake. He’s been living there for the last two years.”

Jane suddenly stoped her search and stared at Jack in shock.

“You knew the insect was there this whole time!?” She almost shrieked.

“He’s an elf.’

“He has an exo-skeleton!”

“It’s called armour. He wears it for protection.”

“Well, what about that woman downstairs that turned out to be a snake in disguise!”

Jack sighed. “We went over this. It was just a dream.”

“But, I remember it so well-“

“IT WAS A DREAM!” both Jack and Roy shouted. Everyone in the place agreed to keep Jane convinced what happened was just a dream. They wouldn’t hear the end of it if she knew it was real.

“Look,” Jack sighed, “Why don’t we go next door and I’ll get you some coffee?”

Elite Trainer

~~Jane Fox~~
    The best weapons are delicious!

Jack led me out of the room and into his, saying something about coffee. Now, I liked coffee, it was perhaps the only thing I liked that wasnt bleeding. It was strong and bitter, taking it black as I always did it was so strong it made you want to die. It gave me that extra bite that reminded me I wasnt dead yet. And Jack had it, which is why if the apes and the insects Queen ever became brave enough to attack right off, I wouldnt throw him in front of me so that I could escape. I might even kick him in the ribs to save his life. Might. That was saying a lot.

Sitting crosslegged on the edge of his coffin, body poised to leap up at the slightest sign of danger, I watched intently as Jack brewed the coffee. "Jack, things have gotten serious. More and more dangerous creatures are zeroing in on where I live. One has even been living under me for 2 years without my knowledge!! They are getting clever, and if I dont strike first I will surely die." Jack nodded his head half-heartedly as he prepared the coffee.
    "There there Jane just sip this and youll feel better...." He said in a coddling tone as he tried to hand me the steaming mug of coffee. I shook my head and jumped to my feet, bare toes gripping the side of the coffin. "I cant stay here Jack, they know where I am. I have to go into hiding before they catch me off guard. I must go in search of the Queen's hidden lair and strike first!"

Jack blinked at me, still holding the coffee. "What about Drake?"

My eyes widened as I remembered the insect who had destroyed my floor. "Thats right!!! What if that insect down there is reporting everything back to its Queen through some sort of mind connection!? Why, its probably using its pheromones as we speak, leading an army of its fellows to destroy our home from the ground up! Jack," This last I said with a very grave voice. "If we let him continue to transmit information about our homes, we are all going to die!!!"

Jack hung his skeleton head briefly, then brightened. "Well if your going to be so active today why dont you have some coffee first? Youve been up very early and youll need an extra boost to start your day!" Smiling he handed me the mug of steaming hot black coffee.
    I peered at my reflection inside the mug, the steam rising to heat my face as I thought about what Jack said. Suddenly I got a Great Idea! "Jack, youre a genius!!!" I yelled as I carried the mug in one hand and grabbed the half ful pot of coffee in the other and barrelled out of the room. "Wait Jane---!!" Jack started to say but I was already gone.

Kicking open my door I gave a primal yell as I hurled myself down the hole to the insects apartment. Readying my feet to land I prepared to strike....when it became apparent the floor wasnt under me anymore. My primal yell turned into a scream as I continued to fall straight through a new hole in the floor of the Insects apartment.
    "....erg.." I muttered, my legs rattled from being unprepared for the longer fall. I stood up slowly and suddenly noticed where I was. All around me were things I did not understand. Flashing lights and colors and tubes adorned everything on the walls, and a little ways in front of me sat a purple haired creature on a plush looking stone eating something strange. "Hey," It said, motioning towards me with the bag it held. "You want some steak flakes? I made them myself!"

I looked with horror at it. "DO NOT TEMPT ME WITH NOURISHMENT! There is an insect that needs killing! And I see it has already began to destroy your home too.." Setting down the mug of coffee I pulled my spear out of nowhere and tied a rope to it. Hurling it up at the ceiling of the Insects room I shimmied up the rope swiftly, still holding the coffeepot. As I entered the insects lair I saw it standing with a human female, obviously holding her hostage. Another human female could be seen through a third hole in the far wall. I turned my angry gaze towards the Insect itself. "Is there no lengths your disgusting kind will go to to destroy humanity?! Release the female at once or die!" And with that last word I hurled the coffeepot at the insect, watching it shatter and its boiling hot contents splashing all over the insects disturbingly humanoid face.

The Insect was clearly not pleased. It stood there for a long moment with its eyes shut, the coffee running down its face mingling with what was probably blood from the glass. Finally it roared in some alien insectoid language, possibly calling its brothers to it, and I grinned in triumph. I had found its weakness! I needed to go back to Jack to get more coffee! But before I could finish that thought a ball of fire hurled towards me from the insect. Reacting quickly I slid partway down the rope, and the fire burned through the rope instead, sending me falling towards the bottom floor again. I landed on my back with a huff, and wasted a valuable moment catching my breath.
    The head of the purple haired creature appeared over me. "You ok?" it said, as I jumped to my feet, grabbing it and moving it away from the hole. "You do know," I began, eyeing the hole suspiciously. "That a Fire Ant lives above you."
    The purple haired thing nodded. "You get used to it after awhile." It motioned its bag towards me again.
    "Steak Flakes?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAG whoever XD

Meiya

As the Cowgirl poked her head through the hole, Meiya found herself half-hiding behind Drake again. She wasn’t quite sure why, though; with Alex there, it seemed to make the situation easier. She wasn’t alone with Drake, so she didn’t have to keep up the small talk.
    Nor did she have to answer his question about her stutter.

Actually, she was quite interested in her pies. The smell always wafted down the hall and made her tummy grumble. Quietly, she snuck past Drake towards the hole in the wall, careful not to fall down the one in the floor and disturb the spy.

“I’d like some pie, if you don’t mind.” She said, smiling sweetly, her nerves completely washed away.

To be honest, she was quite jealous of Alex. She’d give anything to live next door to her beloved. It would give her an excuse to talk to him more often, being neighbours and all, instead of having to think up excuses every time she felt like seeing him. She would also choose to not have the hole in the wall repaired.

“Mmmm!!” Meiya exclaimed after her first bite of this apple pie, her taste buds tingling. “How did you do this? It tastes better than from the bakery...”

A shriek interrupted anything that Alex had to say as the paranoid lady from the floor above fell through the ceiling and down through the hole in the floor. Within moments, she had climbed back into the room, throwing a coffee pot at Drake, screaming something about holding her hostage before being toppled back down into the room below, a fireball appearing out of no where from near Drake.

With that, the man turned to Alex, his ears down and scowling. “I’ll pass.” He comments, obviously talking about the pies as he grabbed a cloth from the kitchen counter and wiped his face off with it.

“Okay, darlin’.” She simply replied, looking confused for a second before flashing him a smile and disappearing.

... He’s not her “Darlin’”... Meiya thought, briefly glaring at the cowgirl before turning her attention to more pressing matters.

“Drake!” She exclaimed, hurrying over to him. “A-are you okay? W-what was that all about? I-is it s-safe to have fire f-flying around your apartment?” She questioned, stopping herself quickly as she noticed his frustration growing. Her cheeks turned the same shade of red as Drake’s slightly scolded skin.

“It was just a spell...” He growled, casting her a look that was a mixture between annoyance and something neutral. Maybe he still felt the same way as before? She hadn’t caused him any trouble today...

“A spell?” She questioned, dumbfounded. “As in the things in fairytales? With wizards and witches and knights and dragons?”

“Fairytales?” He counter questioned, frowning a little more. “And I’m not a dragon, its dragoon...”

“And princesses and princes? Fairies! How could I forget fairies in a fairytale!” She continued, her mind lingering in the books of her childhood.

There was this distinct void between the two at this point where their cultures and upbringings obviously didn’t cross over. At all. That didn’t matter though, because Meiya had now moved on to a stage of nervousness. She was no longer stuttering as often (or at all, in fact), but was now rambling about anything random that popped into her head. This was often dangerous, as who knows what could spew out from her mouth...

“What is a Dragoon exactly, anyway?” She questioned, he motor mouth still zooming off without her head’s consent. “You have pointy ears, so I guessed you were either an Elf or a Vulcan.”

“... Vulcan?” He simply questioned, his ears twitching in their low position, Meiya’s ramblings not helping his mood at all.

“Y’know, Vulcan! From Star Trek?” She replied, holding up her hand with her index and middle finger together on one side, with her ring finger and pinkie on the other. “Live long and prosper?!”
    Last edited by ChobiChibi; 7th April 2009 at 07:18 PM.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Veteran Trainer

Yo.

Roy

"Jack, things have gotten serious. More and more dangerous creatures are zeroing in on where I live. One has even been living under me for 2 years without my knowledge!! They are getting clever, and if I dont strike first I will surely die."

Roy shook his head and shot a sympathetic look at Jack, who smiled limply as he prepared his 'special' coffee. Truth be told, that coffee was actually an accident - last year, when Roy had just moved in, he was having trouble sleeping without his Starman nightlight, so Jack gave him some sleeping pills. Why Roy accepted sleeping pills from an undead instrument of unspeakable horror is anyone's guess, but Jane had been leary of him despite Jack's reassurances of his harmlessness. So she did what any rational woman would.

She blew his door in with a grenade launcher.

At 5:00am.

Roy was no combatant, but his limited 'fighting skills' had staved Jane off long enough for Jack to show up and calm things down. He'd fixed himself some coffee because of the early hour; during his few seconds of absence getting the coffee, Jane had started with Roy again. Once Jack returned, he set his coffee down to break up the fight, which knocked over Roy's dresser and sent a few sleeping pills flying - right into the mug. Which Jane gulped down in an attempt to rehydrate.

She was sound asleep for 9 hours after that.

"That's right!!!"

Roy looked up from his perch atop Jack's couch, his meaningless expositional demi-flashback broken by Jane's newest outburst.

"What if that insect down there is reporting everything back to its queen through some sort of mind connection!?" she rambled, jumping into a battle stance. "Why, it's probably using its pheromones as we speak, leading an army of its fellows to destroy our home from the ground up! Jack... If we let him continue to transmit information about our homes, we are all going to die!!!"

'Methinks this Candy Commandy wannabe needs to get laid.' Roy thought, sweatdropping. Jack tried to stem her outlandish behavior one more time, offering her a cup of coffee; both men breathed a sigh of relief when she took it in her hands.

And then she exclaimed gleefully and bolted out the door, obviously having an idea.

Wait Jane-...!" Jack began.

Too late. She was gone. And almost immediately, the yelling, slamming, and fiery "WHOOSH!"-ing told the two men back in Jack's apartment all they needed to know:

Her plan didn't work.

"She's going to get herself killed one of these days..." Jack sighed.

"That'd be some screwed-up irony right there, huh?" Roy snickered, fiddling with Jack's Xbox 360 controller. "The survivalist kills herself trying to stay alive. Hahahahahahaha...!"

"Roy, I think you need a therapist." Jack said, pouring himself a cup of (non-laced) coffee. "The phonebook listed a Doctor Howzer that has an office close by-"

"Doctor Hauzer?!" Roy exclaimed, popping up from behind the couch like a mole. "You played that too?! Wow man, you're the only guy I know besides me that's played the 3D0! Ace!"

"..........What?"

"Oh, wait! That just reminded me - I got something to show you!" Roy emphasized this point by jumping off the couch and running for the door. "Grab a game and meet me in my apartment in five!"

"Wha-... Which game?!"

"ANY game!"

"Any game? ...Wait, that's MY controller!"

No response.

"..... Bloody Hell....."

--------------------------------------

You're up, Jack.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Advanced Trainer

Drake
    I'm trouble
    Yeah trouble now
    I'm trouble ya'll
    I disturb my town
    I'm trouble
    Yeah trouble now
    I'm trouble ya'll
    I got trouble in my town

Oh so many words seemed to appropriate at this exact moment in time. He stood there, eyes shut; contemplating exactly what word would fit his emotions. There had to be one, one perfect little word that would make him feel all the more better. There wasn’t one, not that he could tell, no, not one came. So in that long moment of seething anger, he boiled over to complete and utter rage. The coffee stung the wound the glass made but he could feel it already beginning to heal, that didn’t matter. He supposed his healing ability should make him feel better. Whatever she could do to him, he could get over.

Fuck that. He had just been assaulted with COFFEE.

Drake’s eyes open, and he roared. He couldn’t help it, he had too, he felt a Dragoon insult for Jane slip out in there, but she didn’t care. She smiled, that was a bad thing to do.

Murder, it had to be the only option.

So he half-assed tried to torch her, he flung his hand forward and propelled by his sheer hate for his neighbour fire erupted from his palm and flew at her. Jane’s eyes grew wide and she slid down partway, lucky for her, but the fireball hit the rope (and a bit of the wall behind it) and burned through. He listened with a loathing expression as she slammed into the ground below.

Then it recalled being offered pie.

He really wasn’t in the mood for pie.

So he looked at her, trying not to direct all his anger at her (being she was the only woman thus far to offer to fix the holes they made, save Meiya, but she hadn’t made one). “Ill pass.” It was such a strain to be polite, but Alex politely left. He grabbed a cloth from the kitchen then, and began to clean off the blood and coffe

“Drake!” Meiya cried, hurrying to him. “A-are you okay? W-what was that all about? I-is it s-safe to have fire f-flying around your apartment?”

The Dragoon shot her a glare, and that resulted in her blushing. He growled a little, feeling the burns of the coffee begin to fade.

That woman will have to pay dearly…

“It was just a spell…” He replied, eyeing Meiya in a semi-annoyed manner.

“A spell?” She questioned, dumbfounded. “As in the things in fairytales? With wizards and witches and knights and dragons?”

“Fairytales?” He counter questioned (if a little harshly), frowning. “And I’m not a dragon, its dragoon...”

Then Meiya went off on a tangent. A tangent that Drake really didn’t want to bother understanding, he wasn’t from one of her god damn books, he wasn’t some knight in shining armour, no, he was probably someone a knight in shining armour would combat and kill (at least as stories went). She wasn’t stuttering though, he had noticed this, and now he remembered that he had indeed asked her about it but never got the answer.

Thanks to psycho-wielding-spear-and-coffee-pot-lady… He growled a little, she didn’t seem to notice.

“What is a Dragoon exactly, anyway? You have pointy ears, so I guessed you were either an Elf or a Vulcan.”

“… Vulcan?”

What the hell is a Vulcan?

“Y’know, Vulcan! From Star Trek?” She replied, holding up her hand with her index and middle finger together on one side, with her ring finger and pinkie on the other. “Live long and prosper?!”

Oh God…

He stared at her, his mind blank of anything to say. Then it seemed reality dawned on the woman and she flushed red, and her eyes went a little wide. Drake raised an eyebrow, he hadn’t realized he had crossed his arms but apparently he had. The man was fully aware he probably didn’t look too impressed and at this particular moment…

Didn’t care.

Drake reached out, grabbed her hand that was still doing that weird symbol and brought it down. Her eyes weren’t exactly wide with realization anymore, she just looked really embarrassed.

“Never in my life,” He spoke. “Would I ever tell someone to ‘Live Long and Prosper’.”

“N-no?”

“No.” That was the most flat, and blunt answer he had ever given.

“O-oh…” She gulped.

Oh for the love of God… “Why do you look like your about to cry?” Drake frowned.

“W-what? No!” She replied, smiling. “I’m fine! You’re answer was j-just-“

“Straight forward.”

“I would say blunt.”

There was that long, awkward silence. That Drake decided to use to his advantage and turn to the kitchen. “You came for milk…”

“O-oh yeah!” She called, taking the jug from him. With that she hurried to the door, and gave him a nervous smile when she was in the hall. “Thanks…”

He just kind of looked at her, before shutting the door and locking it.

His ears twitched as the elf listened to her leave, and with long sigh he walked over to his couch and flopped down on it (after removing his armour-plate, wasn’t comfortable to lie in). Drake glanced at the hole in the floor, and roughly kicked the table-over. It tipped and fell onto its top, blocking off the hole. It wasn’t exactly a light table; hopefully it would keep Jane from coming through the floor.

With that he closed his eyes, but wasn't actually a asleep.

“Ceiling means spears, floor means coffee pot…” He thought about his door. “… Raid.”

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post

She blew his door in with a grenade launcher.
    Actually, that sounds more like something Brigh would do, with the grenade launcher anyway. Jane would be more likely to use some kind of primitive catapult made from branches and animal skins. :3

By the way guys, I would recommend listening to the following song before or as you read this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAYaR4eoIk It's Brigh's theme song. XD

Brigh:

After returning to her apartment, disheartened by David's refusal to let her help on his missions, Brigh set to work on polishing her collection of weapons (such as swords and knives along with her massive assortment of firearms) in order to cheer herself up. After all, she reminded herself, it's as Dad always says: "A clean arsenal is a happy arsenal!" <3

She was about halfway through polishing her AK-47 when she heard a loud crash from the direction of Jane's apartment down the hall. It was followed by a series of loud sounds that Brigh couldn't quite place, but she didn't even take the time to think about it. She was already crouched behind her couch in full combat gear, complete with bullet straps and streaks of black paint on her face.

"IS IT THE COMMUNISTS?! OR ARE THEY NINJAS?? COMMUNIST NINJAS!! OH SNAP!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, her muscles twitching all over.

She heard what sounded like a shooting ball of fire from the floor below.

"AND THEY BROUGHT FLAMETHROWERS!! I KNEW IT!!"

Upon a moment of reflection, although extremely abridged, Brigh figured Jane must be engaging the enemy somewhere in the building. Brigh had always had a certain amount of respect for the Jungle Girl Jane, seeing as she was the only other one in the building that took any effort to establish defenses and ready herself for a frontal assault. Jane had even come to Brigh once to "borrow" some of her steel to reinforce her own door (after seeing Brigh do it). She felt like they understood each other at least, even if Jane was afraid of giant bugs and bloodthirsty carnivores instead of drug-crazed Nazis.

Whatever it was, Jane was her neighbor and her comrade-in-arms, and the only proper and noble course of action would be to back her up! She drew in a deep breath, readying herself for the pending battle, and then jumped to her feet and charged out her door, bellowing out her best battle cry. She turned to run down the hall, blinded with battle fury.... but she didn't get very far.

WHAM!

She ran head first into another body that had been going the other way, and they both toppled head over heels into a jumbled heap of flailing arms and legs. She also heard a mysterious crunching noise and hoped in wasn't any of her bones.

"OWW! Watch where you're going! *gasp* OH NO! The controller!! It's ruined!" After untangling herself and looking up, she realized she had crashed into Roy Budokai, the video game obsessed teen from downstairs, who was now looking down in dismay at a game controller in his hands that was snapped in half and holding together by mere wires. Tears were welling up in his eyes and he looked as if he were holding a dead puppy instead of a hunk of plastic and wire.

"Why are you worried about that NOW??? The Commies are attacking! We have to help Jane!" Brigh yelled grabbing Roy by the front of the shirt and shaking him like a rag doll.

"Oh good lord, not you too, Brigh..." came Jack's voice from the doorway of his own apartment. "How come everyone in this building is so damn paranoid?" Brigh shot him and intense, firey gaze.

"But Jack! The Commies!"

"There are no Communists, Brigh. Jane just overreacted, as usual, to Drake and attacked him with a pot of coffee. Then he tried to kill her with a fire ball. Now please let go of Roy." He looked as if he wanted to apply that statement about overreacting to Brigh as well, but kept it to himself in order to avoid personal injury.

"Oh...ok," Brigh replied, suddenly letting go of Roy's shirt and he fell back to the ground with a thump. Luckily he had stopped whimpering a he came to a sudden realization.

"Oh yeah," Roy said, grinning like an idiot, "This was Jack's controller anyway! Nevermind!"

Brigh heard Jack let out a long, frustrated sigh as he hung his skeleton-esque head.

Kuro's quote fav:

Advanced Trainer

*pokes thread* Uh.... anyone else but me want to keep this going?

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

I am so sorry. Despite the fact that I'm supposed to be holidays, my bloody drama class keeps taking up all my time! I'll try to get something written up to move this along. I'm sorry everybody.

Elite Trainer

Im in this too, Ive just been preoccupied with car searching and other misc details of my life atm, but I finally have a day off tomorrow so once Im done checking out cars (and hopefully buying one) Ill go ahead and make a post in this ^.^ And its going to be a long one XD

Veteran Trainer

^Before you make it, make sure you're on the same page as Ben.

And me. We have an idea going as soon as he MOVES HIS ASS AND POSTS.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Just one side note I keep noticing in a couple of posts: Jack is not a skeleton. He's a bit like frankenstein's monster crossed with a scarecrow, only better looking.

Jack Scarecrow
    ---------------------------

Jack gave a heavy, drawn out sigh. Between Jane's insane paranoia and Brigh's trigger-happiness, it was amazing the place hadn't been leveled by now. Though it had come close. As Brigh dropped Roy, he slowly turned, heading back towards his room.

"Hey, where are you going?" Roy asked, scrambling to his feet.

"I'm going back to my room, taking a nap, and then going out to scare someone to let off some steam."

"You mean TRY to scare someone." It was a small known fact around the apartment that Jack was possibly the least scariest monster in existance.

"Shut it," Jack growled, not exactly happy about being reminded of his abyssmal scare record.

"But you said you comes see this awesome console I got."

"I know, and after this, I now feel like taking a nap."

"Please?" Roy then tried (emphesis on tried) to give him a large pair of puppy-dog eyes (the expression you morbrid freaks, not actual puppy eyes). They didn't succeed in getting Jack to cave in, just annoy him.

"But my control got broken."

"That's ok. You can just watch me play one player."

"You're not going to stop until I agree aren't you?"

"Nope."

"Damn."

Roy than grabbed hold of his wrist and began dragging the scarecrow along.

"Come on. It'll be great. I just built it this morning!"

"Alright fine. What is it?"

Roy jumped back, smiling, as if he was about to announce the second coming of christ or something.

And in his mind, he kinda was.

"I call it, the Nintegatarnysoft DreamBoy Entertainment Station: Gizmurbogenesis Neojaguar VIC-2600. Mark 64^2. Version 3.D0 Beta!"

Jack stood there, utterly dumbfounded by the name.

"...sorry I asked."

"Oh you'll like it!" Roy grabbed his wrist, "Really, it's the most awesome thing you'll ever see!"

"Why do I get a feeling something very, very bad's about to happen?"

"Oh, that's just paranoia."

The two friends then found themselves infront of Roy's room.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 23rd April 2009 at 06:09 AM.

Advanced Trainer

@M_C: I knew he was a scarecrow, that's why I said "Skeleton-esque", which means it looks like a skeleton but isn't. XDD Anyhoo, thanks for posting. I Lol'd.

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

My fault Ben, I keep imagining Jack Skellington whenever I read about your char lol Ill try to keep in mind hes a scarecrow XD

~~Jane Fox~~
    The Incredible Explodable Egg...

"So your saying if I pull the hook out of this egg and throw it at the fire ant, it will kill the ant?"

The Fire Ant wasnt just any insect it seemed. It was going to take a lot more than my usual tactics to defeat him. He was cunning and his tough exoskeleton was far stronger than any of my weapons. If I was going to kill it I would need help, and thats why I turned to the one person in this place that knew what it meant to survive.

Brigh Dangerfield.

She nodded enthusiastically, looking as if she were bragging about a child. "Oh yes, that baby'll kill anything within 10 feet of where you throw it. Its one of my favorite toys. Just dont pull the pin...'hook'....out of it til your ready to throw it because well, you dont want to be near it without that in there. Oh, and dont shake it around either." She thought for a moment, a memory flashing across her face as she spoke again, almost as an afterthought. "You dont want to put it in the microwave either..."

I wasnt sure what a microwave was but I was pretty sure the Fire Ant didnt use those. He just used fire. Nodding to her I prepared to leave when she stopped me for one last instruction.

"One more thing," she said, grinning as she spoke to me in a hushed voice. "When you throw it you have to say 'FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!' as loud as you can or else it wont work." I looked at her puzzled. Apparently this egg was trained to hatch into the fire ant killing beast that it was only if you spoke a certain word. That was interesting. "I will remember that, thank you." Taking off in a run I threw open the door to my room, and peered down into the hole that the Fire Ant made earlier.
    My mind began to race as I remembered the fire from before, and looking down I see that it has begun to build itself a hole to live in by using human things to cover up the hole it made in its floor. It was getting smart, and I needed a way to cover my escape. Grabbing a hose from my kitchen I quickly looped it around my waist and tied it, then turning it on I prepared to leap through the hole in my floor.

Landing quietly on the table and balancing precariously so that it didnt break, I glanced around the room. Holes were in the walls everywhere. The Fire Ant had a thirst for destruction it seemed. Suddenly I heard a sound from behind me, and looking quickly I saw the fire ant coming out of his bathroom with a towel around its waist. Thinking quickly I pulled the hook out of the egg and threw it towards him, shouting "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" He shot a glance at me and then at the egg I threw and gave a yelp, leaping out of the way. And it was in that instant the egg came alive. But it did more than hatch.

It seemed to hatch into a creature made of pure fire. That creature blew out the whole wall it had exploded against, and caused my apartment to collapse partially into this one. The Fire ant was unharmed though, and as he picked himself off the floor he seemed to almost glow with what I was certain was pure rage. It also seemed like he was nearly ready to emerge out of this larval form and into a full grown giant fire ant! "I wont let you metamorphosize Fire Ant! I will kill your larval form first!!" I shouted as I sprayed it with the hose point blank. Rushing forward, ignoring the water which I was certain would be its doom, it grabbed me by the hose and swung me, slamming me against the wall. And that was when my world went black.

When I awoke my head was ringing, and before I opened my eyes I sensed that I was back in my apartment. Maybe the creature that emerged from the egg rescued me after all. Maybe the fire ant was finally dead. I opened my bleary eyes, trying to make the world stop spinning, when through the headache and the tears I saw a horrifying sight.

A giant Ape was in my room!

Its giant sharp fangs were bared and its squinty eyes were glaring deep into my soul. It was worse than I thought! The Fire Ant had set me up, he had spared me only to feed me to his master, the Giant Ape. It finally happened, my survival instincts werent enough after all. I was going to die, eaten by a giant ape while the fire ant was left alive to tear my friends homes apart. I leapt up, my head still ringing and screamed, throwing anything within range at the giant ape. The ape peeled off my wall as I tried to run away, tripping over the hose and falling through the hole head first, springing upward slightly as the hose caught me and made me lose my breath for a moment. Wait...it PEELED off the wall?
    It was flat, it wasnt real? Who could have done this?! I heard a loud, full laugh coming from the fire ants lair which I was now hanging in, and looking over I saw the fire ant with a glass of wine sipping it and laughing at me. "You fire ant, you did this to me?!" I shouted at it, and it burst again into laughter. Fury grew within me and I struggled to free myself, when I felt a rumble resonate through the building. The fire ant stopped its laughing and looked around, almost expecting another wall to fall.

Colors flashed from outside and through the walls, and suddenly the fire ants expectations came true. All his walls came tumbling down, along with my ceiling. I yelled out as the building fell down around us.

I knew for a fact that it HAD to have been a giant ape. Or an army of fire ants. One of the two.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok the disaster is happening, Ill let Blade post the "how" now XD then we will pick at random what the first genre is going to be XD feel free to post your reactions to the building turning to rubble around you ^-~

Veteran Trainer

I get to blow the apartment up? Fuckawesome. I owe ya one Asi.

Roy Budokai

Roy pushed the door to his room open and gestured for Jack to come in. As Jack entered, he found that Roy's room had taken a turn for... the better, for once.

Normally, Roy's room was a mess, his bed the one clean and organized object. A boat sitting amidst a sea of half-read, open magazines, random video game guides and manuals, dozens of different consoles, hundreds of game discs, cartridges, and cases, and countless posters and assorted potpurri ranging from Mario curtains to a Fallout-themed computer (complete with Pip-Boy bobblehead, of course) to exact replicas of the Master Sword and Hero's Shield on the wall. It was like a junkyard of video games, a jury-rigged robotic life-form held together by extension cords and AC adapters taped to the floor and walls.

But today, Roy's room was totally clean. All of his games were on the shelves, his magazines were nowhere to be seen, and it even looked like his walls were a bit cleaner.

"Did the planets align or something?" Jack asked, stunned. "What the heck happened to all your stuff?"

"I had to make room." Roy responded proudly. "For the Nintegatarnysoft DreamBoy Entertainment Sta-"

"Yeah, right right I heard all that already." Jack interrupted, rubbing his forehead. "So where is this Nintenomegadreamstationbox-whatever, anyway?"

Roy grinned and stepped aside, revealing a large object under a tarp that Jack was sure hadn't been there a moment ago.

"Right here!" he proclaimed, tearing the tarp off.

If Jack had been curious where the malletspace tarp had come from, he didn't get a chance to express himself - he was instantly gobsmacked into silence by the spectacle before him.

Beside the more-than-a-little-proud Roy was a five-foot-tall contraption on a pedestal, totally ramshackle in design and yet somehow standing totally sturdy. The bottom two feet consisted of a gigantic metal shell covered with computer buttons and keys, with several console apparati being held together by the cocoon-like metal. The semicylindrical open-up door of an NES Toploader, the broad cartridge slot of an Atari 7800, the round disc panel of a SEGA Dreamcast, the glowing blue slot of a Nintendo Wii, the chip port of a Neo Geo, and even a worn and scratched Magnavox Oddysey^2 were just a few of the countless consoles and pseudoconsoles mixed up in the monstrous machine. Atop them were another two-and-a-half feet of screens: a TV screen, a Commodore 64 monitor (which was somehow displaying the Amiga logo on it), a Vic-20, and a Vectrex, all complete with remotes and keyboards. Atop the massive machine were no less than thirty controller ports, a few of which were already occupied by a recharging Playstation 3 controller, an NES Advantage, a TurboGrafx16 controller, a SEGA Genesis 6-button controller, and a Game Boy Advance on a Link Cable.

In short, it was James Rolfe's wet dream and worst nightmare come to life.

"Ta-dah...!" Roy proclaimed. "Awesome, isn't it!?"

Jack was totally silent for several seconds.

"You... REALLY need a girlfriend." he finally replied.

Roy frowned.

"And you don't?" he shot back.

"Point taken. So this is what my Xbox 360 controller gave its life for, huh? Looks like something Dr. Frankenstein would make."

"I know, right?" Roy grinned, walking behind the massive machine and picking something up off the floor. "This baby right here can play any video game ever made in the history of video games. From Two-Player Tennis to Street Fighter IV, and everything in-between! I've been working on it all month..."

He got up, an AC adapter the size of a box of cereal in his hands. Jack could see enough plugs on its underside to fill an entire power strip.

"Holy Hell, man!" Jack cried, the shaking of Roy's arms from holding the obviously-heavy thing not comforting him at all. "Is that safe? Is it even LEGAL?!"

"Oh, stop your fussing." Roy said, sweating a bit but still trying (and failing) to reassure his friend. "It passed all the preliminary tests. And now you get to be the first to try it out! So you brought a game, right?"

"Yeah, here." Jack replied, offering Roy his copy of Halo 3.

Roy looked at the game case, opening it and removing the disc, then giving Jack a sour look. Jack felt like he'd just served Marco Pierre White a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Don't give me that look." Jack said. "I don't wanna lose a good game in case something goes wrong."

Roy chuckled and shook his head, inserting the disc into a disc drive in between the N64 slot and the CD-i panel.

"Oh ye of little faith." Roy chided, tossing Jack his own (not-broken, Jack thought bitterly) Xbox 360 controller and dragging the super-sized AC adapter to a power strip beside his bed. "What could possibly go wrong?"

He plugged the adapter in.

"You had to say that, didn't you?" Jack asked.

Sparks burst from the AC adapter; power in the entire apartment building went out as the sudden surge of energy overloaded Roy's machine. Every power light flickered on, then turned vivid red, then blew out. Light poured from every opening in the machine, which hummed and shook.

"Uh-oh." Roy and Jack said in unison.

KABOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------

O:

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

The Quiet One Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

999 damage, Damn them damage caps...

Alex Blake

“FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!”

BOOOM!

Alex turned around to see a puff of thick black smoke coming from Drake’s apartment followed by some more screaming. Her hands trembled, shocked to hear such loud noises in her apartment.

“When they said city folks were loud, I didn’t quite realize how loud they’d be...” she mumbled to herself as she reached for a glass.

Alex placed the glass on the counter and opened the fridge, This day couldn’t get more weirder or worse then it already is.... she thought to herself as she reached in the fridge...

CRACK! WHAM! DING!

Alex’s vision blurred as little yellow dots danced all over the room. She felt light headed for a moment as she stood there stunned, What the heck just happened? Alex looked down at her left hand, it was caught in the fridge door and Jane’s face was imprinted on the refrigerator door. Jane herself was now lying on the floor. Alex blinked as she noted the hose around the girl’s waist as it started to flood the floor with cold water.

Drake panted “Sorry about your wall.”

Alex turned her head slightly to see Drake standing in the outline of a new whole between their apartments, blood, sweat and water dripping down his not to impressed face. Pieces of their wall still falling from the air and the small hole in Drake’s ceiling suddenly looked a lot bigger...

“Y’know if you wanted some pie, you coulda knocked on the door and asked” Alex sneered.

Drake smirked, “Door? No one else has bothered to use MY door! Hell have you SEEN my apartment?” he gestured back though the second hole in the wall. “Half of Hers,” he snarled pointing at Jane, “is in mine! So I decided to use everyone else’s tactic and make my own door, and she offered to help.”

“Oh? And what was that bang?”

“Her offer,” He said as he neared Alex. He paused, “Uhh Alex...”

“Wha?”

“Your hand...”

Alex looked down; her face paled as Drake kicked Jane’s unconscious body out of the way and carefully opened the dented door. The sight of her crushed, bruised and bloody hand was the last thing Alex saw as everything got darker and she felt her body collapsing towards Drake.

Alex blinked looking up from her kitchen floor, her vision cleared as she looked over and saw Jane still unconscious body. She jumped a bit at the site and then it hit, pain, lots and lots of pain. She looked over at Drake as he wrapped her hand.

“Um, Drake? What’re you doing? Why are you bleeding? Why does my hand hurt?”

Drake just stared at her... “Jane volunteered to help me make a new door.”

Alex closed her eyes as she remembered all that happened and her crushed hand, she bolted up, “Wait wha? My hand why isn’t it dead? What happened? How did you? Oh my god you’re bleeding!”

Drake blinked, and looked at his more wounded arm, and then went back to tending her hand. "I'm fine."

Alex looked down at the finished wrap “Um thanks, but really... your face...”

“eh?” he backed up a bit as she went to pick out a piece of metal from his face.

“Yeah of course you’re fine,” she leaned in and pulled out a rather large piece from his chest. And then she noticed it.... what he was wearing, just a towel... she backed up embarrassed. Her cheeks burned as she looked away.

"I'm going to go..." He looked miffed, but at whom Alex was unsure. "..Get dressed."

Alex stood up as she watched Drake hop back through the hole in the wall, she was embarrassed to admit it but Drake was pretty gosh darn attractive, especially if some how she could get him into a cowboy hat....

Alex carefully jumped through the hole in the wall and dodged around the disaster zone that was left of Drakes apartment. She looked around to see if she could find out where the dragoon had gone. He stepped out of a crumbling doorway and she motioned for him to come back into a much safer part of the building.

Once back in Alex’s kitchen Drake sat down at the table, “About that pie...”

Alex smiled “Comin’ right up”

She placed the plate in front of the tired warrior, and started to take pieces of shrapnel out of his side and back. She just stared for a moment as the cuts started to heal, “No way...”

“Hm?”

“The cuts, their healing, like abnormally fast” She rubbed her hands over the spot a small cut used to be.

"Oh..." He went back to his pie, playing with it with his fork. "I heal faster than humans."

“No Shit Darlin’” she paused, “What exactly are we gonna do with Jane over there?” she asked pulling another big piece out.

Drake winced, "I was thinking of feeding her to apes..."

Alex paused again; “To apes?” she asked looking at him funny.

“Yeah,” he smirked, “To apes.”

How had he talked her into this? After Drake had finished his pie, Jane had come around but was quickly knocked out again thanks to his quick thinking and a frying pan. After he had healed Jane a bit, Drake asked Alex to take unconscious girl back to her room.

Why Alex had thought dragging Jane up the fallen floor would be better then carrying her up the stairs like a normal person, she would never know. Finally she made it, she positioned Jane’s body on the floor away from the hole in case she decided to role over in her... uh sleep?

Drake bounded up the slope with a poster in hand and a smile on his face. “This is going to be good.” He tapped a poster of a giant ape onto the wall as Alex moved Jane’s head so that it would be the first this she saw when she woke up.

“Is this really gonna work?”

---

Tag CT :3
    ~Elaina

Elaina's Art Page ^-^
    Elaina's Favourite Quote
    Elaina: Oh do you have Steffy's necklace?
    Crystal Tears: I do. Its.. attached to my pants still... Where are my pants?

Advanced Trainer

Drake

Son of a bit-

You know, there were many things Drake could stand. He had an incredibly high-tolerance for things that should otherwise drive someone mad. For the last… Hour (maybe two)? Maybe, continuously people had tested his ability to control his temper, and for the last hour or so, he had proved he had much more control then people often gave him credit for. But there was only so much people could take before they finally snapped and blind rage took over.

Like now.

Drake didn’t recall with the greatest accuracy exactly what happened after the grenade exploded, only that his anger had turned into a black rage. His mind came too only after he swung Jane so hard that not only had she broke through the wall (leaving a considerably large hole), but had made a sounding DONG as her body (notably her face) slammed into and dented Alex’s refrigerator.

He had thought it necessary to say something. “Sorry about your wall.”

Then he had proceeded to rant, he needed it. In all honesty, he wanted to show that he had passed the point where he could continually take abuse from literally all directions. Drake frowned a little; eyeing Jane’s body after the rant, perhaps the beating had been too much? No, he had just been grenaded (was that word? He didn’t care), to hell with the crazy lady, she could suffer.

“Your hand…” He had spoken, and Alex looked at her hand as he gently opened the refrigerator door.

She had seen the damage he had indirectly and accidentally caused and fainted. Alex’s body flopped towards him and instinctively Drake caught her, gritting his teeth a little as a piece of shrapnel in his shoulder was ground between his shoulder blade and back.

This is all I need… He groaned within his mind. Frikkin’ sleeping beauty.

“Alex?” He questioned, hefting and shifting her a little so he was carrying her in the stereotypical ‘Fainted Damsel’ way. Gently he set her down on the kitchen floor and as carefully as he could lift her to crushed hand. Really there was nothing left that normal doctors could fix. The slam had crushed the bone and rendered the hand useless.

Drake however, was not a normal person, nor was he a doctor. Healing magic wasn’t exactly his expertise but he knew a little. Focusing, a white light shone from his hand and focused on hers. He was somewhat glad she was out, for if she heard the snapping and cracking of her hand mending itself at an incredibly (and presumed impossible) rate she probably would’ve fainted.

Again.

As he looked around the kitchen briefly for a first aid kit of some description, he spotted her horse.

Aw crap.

“Um…” Drake frowned. “Hi.”

The horse didn’t seem too pleased.

“I didn’t do it.”

The animal looked at Alex, Drake and then the unconscious and profusely bleeding from the face Jane. Apparently he, or she, deemed Drake’s story believable as it could possibly be and it’s expression lightened.

“Could you find me a first aid kit?”

The horse disappeared for a moment before returning with a kit hanging from its mouth. The Dragoon took it with a small thank you and returned to Alex, lightly beginning to wrap her hand in the bandage from the kit. Drake was amused at himself for a moment as he found it easier to talk and deal with a horse than an actual person.

Then as the animal wandered away, Alex awoke. Drake mentally frowned; he had hoped to get out of here before she had come too.

She had tried to help him, but she seemed to clue in that he wasn’t wearing much. She retracted her hand about to pull shrapnel from his chest and immediately flushed red.

Great.

“I’m… going to go…” He paused, feeling annoyed at himself for not rushing out of there. He had to give a damn and bandage the wound. “.. Get dressed.”

Run, fast, now.

Despite his thoughts, he just sort of sped walked out and hopped through the hole. Drake quickly got dressed, and picked out the shrapnel from his face, arms, chest, and leg. Only he couldn’t reach some places on his back, and despite his wonderful healing ability and high pain tolerance, the pieces still in him were irritating.

Like Jane, they stick in and while doing little damage all together, they are a headache and need to be removed.

So he traveled back to Alex, and begrudgingly asked her to remove what shrapnel he couldn’t. And pie, he had asked for that too. His stomach growled as she brought it to him and he devoured it (with small talk here and there).

When Jane had finally begun to come too, whether out of mercy or anger, Drake grabbed a frying pan faster than he could really think and thwacked her on the head with it.

The crazy woman from the apartment above him was promptly unconscious once more.

Then of course, he had a brilliant idea. Which involved a random poster of King Kong (the new one apparently, he’d never seen either… In all honesty he didn't know why he had it), Jane in her room, and alive (sadly, so he healed her).

So after the set up, Alex had to ask.

“Is this really going to work?”

Drake nodded, and they slid back into his apparent from the broken down part of Jane’s floor.

Alex had disappeared back into her room, and Drake waited. For about an hour maybe? He didn’t know (or again, care), but the end result was one he could be quite happy with.

“You fire ant, did you do this to me?!?!”

The fact that she sounded so angry and looked so amusing upside down trying to free herself made him smile. He took another sip of his wine and fixed his shirt, obviously the Dragoon didn’t think she could escape her own knot, and he was right for the most part. Comically she hung with her face turning red and shirt sliding down dangerously close to exposing her apart of her chest she probably wanted to stay covered.

Then the entire complex rumbled, and Drake gritted his teeth.

If one more hole is made in my apartment, I swear I’ll kill whoever did-

His thought didn’t finish because the walls all seemingly collapsed, the floor followed and then finally the ceiling.

“Drake..”

His head was pounding; he didn’t want to wake up. Not yet, no, today was going to be a bad day, was guarding the village really worth it? No, it’d be fine without him.

“Dra jemmyka femm pa veha fedruid sa, damm Riko du ku uh fedruid sa...” The Dragoon replied, ears twitching as he heard moans and groans from around him, and then felt a hand on his cheek.

“Drake?”

“Celeste? Fryd yna oui tuehk rana?” He questioned, touching the hand lightly, slowly opening his eyes as the light flooded in. He blinked, the world slowly coming back to him. The sky wasn’t blue enough to be from his world, realm, whatever you wanted to call it. So where the hell was he-

Years of memories flooded back and he sat up. “Drah fru dra ramm..?” He saw who was touching his cheek and abruptly drew his head back in surprise. “Meiya?”

“You’re alright!” Meiya yelped happily, as she sat back and retracted her hand quickly.

“What the hell happened?” He growled in annoyance, standing up and feeling his ribs snap back into place roughly. Drake winced at the pain, but it was overwhelmed by the surprise.

The entire complex was leveled.

“T-the apartment building f-fell down.” The girl stated before realizing quite how obvious that fact was, Drake offered his hand and helped her to her feet.

“Really…” He frowned, glancing at her. “I hadn’t noticed.”

She smiled and giggled a little, and he was thankful this time she caught on he wasn’t angry or annoyed with her or anyone.

“J-just thought I-I’d make sure you knew.”

He smirked, and her smile grew a little larger.

Tag Becki.

~Meiya~

The last ten minutes of the college student’s life had been very confusing. She had gone back to her apartment, a little disappointed at the outcome of her little plot to spend time with Drake. It seemed like everyone else in the building didn’t really want her to. She had gone back and began to make this cake. But now, however, she was quite content with the situation she was in now.

Despite the fact their entire building had collapsed.

She had managed to find Drake, just how she wasn’t sure, but it was probably her attractive-man senses tingling. He was buried under a small pile of rubble, which she quickly cleared off him. He looked battered and bruised, and his breathing was a little raspy. She had to do something! And quickly!

“Drake...” Meiya says quietly, shaking his shoulder gently. Wake up...

Although he was unconscious, he seemed to react to her voice. His expression changed to one of discomfort rather than blankness as he started to mumble in a language Meiya couldn’t even begin to understand.

“Dra jemmyka femm pa veha fedruid sa, damm Riko du ku uh fedruid sa...” He said, his ears twitching.

She looked around her, seeing a few of the other people that she recognised getting up, seeming dazed. However, Drake didn’t seem to be getting any better at this point, or anywhere near consciousness. Give him the kiss of life! She thought, another part of her mind squealing in joy over the top of the serious part of her thoughts. Gently, she placed her hand on his cheek.

“Drake?” She questioned, checking to make sure he wasn’t just secretly awake and playing pranks on her. She leaned over him a tiny bit, far enough to seem like she was just concerned, but close enough to-

“Celeste? Fryd yna oui tuehk rana?” He muttered as his eyes slowly opened and she froze to the spot. He seemed spaced, not really sure where he was, perhaps? She didn’t blame him, she’d just witnessed the entire building fall down around her.

“Drah fru dra ramm..?” He said as he sat up. He looked right at her for several seconds before speaking again, moving slightly away from her. “Meiya?”

Her heart started thumping in her chest. “You’re alright!” She yelped, moving her hand away from him as fast as she could.

“What the hell happened?” He questioned, standing up, wincing in pain. She watched him from where she was sat on the ground, her mind wandering. Wasn’t there a cut on that arm before...?

“T-the apartment building f-fell down.” She stuttered, unable to think of anything better to say. To be honest, she didn’t really know how it had happened at all...

His hand appeared in front of her, she guessed as an offer to help her up. Her cheeks began to flush pink, whether Drake noticed or not she wasn’t sure, as she took it and got to her feet.

“Really…” He said, a slight hint of sarcasm lining his voice as he glanced at her. “I hadn’t noticed.”

For once, she took this as the funny kind of sarcasm and giggled a little nervously. He seemed more relaxed than he had earlier, although she wasn’t sure why. “J-just thought I-I’d make sure you knew.”

He smirked, which for some reason made her smile. She tilted her head to one side curiously. “You were all cut and bruised a minute ago...”

“I healed myself.” He answered, stretching. She watched him, appreciating the sight. He turned back to her, frowning slightly. “How exactly did you survive this unscathed?”

“Well, I’d got back home and started making that cake...” She began, thinking just how good that cake would have been and how she was going to give it to him. “Then I heard this loud bang noise and the floor shook. I remembered my mom telling me the best place to stand was under a doorframe or stairs if you think there’s going to be an earthquake...”

“... You thought it was an earthquake?”

“Yes.” Meiya replied simply, looking a little sheepish. “So I stood under my doorframe.” She points behind him, chewing on her thumbnail of her other hand as he turns to look.

A single doorframe is stood amongst the pile of rubble, looking a little worse for ware but still sturdy. Drake turned back to her, his expression blank in disbelief. She was one lucky girl, he would have to give her that.

“My cake’s ruined now...” She adds, breaking the silence which, for her, was rather uneasy.

Drake seemed to ignore her, quickly changing tact as if a light bulb had appeared above his head with an idea. “Where’s my sword?”

She watched him as his eyes scanned the ground. “I-I could help you if y-you want...”

He simply nodded as he started to move some of the rubble around. This is your chance to prove yourself useful! She thought, a little smile appearing as well as her blush.

She began to search the ground, starting to think that nothing could have survived under this mess, but she wouldn’t give up. She had to impress him, one way or another.

“Any sign of it?” She called, taking a quick break.

“No.” Was the man’s simple reply. He was far too busy looking to say much more.

Eventually, her persistence paid off. She uncovered the hilt, yelling “I found it!” as she scrambled to reveal the rest. After all, how many other swords were there likely to be in this apartment complex? (OOC: More than she thinks XD)

Before Drake could reach her, she had already taken hold of the hilt, trying to lift it. She couldn’t even move it a millimetre off the ground. She huffed, frustrated that she was being beaten by a sword. How on earth was this thing so heavy?! She wasn’t that weak, was she? She looked up to see Drake approaching her. One more try...

She heaved with all her might, loosing her grip and falling backwards into the pile of rubble. Drake chuckled, smirking as he helped her up again. “Heavy, is it?” He asked, picking it up with ease.

“M-maybe...” She stumbled, sighing a little.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Fisherman Steve
    ~~~~~~~~~~

As Steve trudged across the parking lot toward the building, he heard a couple of muffled sounds, like explosions from within.

"What the f--" Steve couldn't even finish the phrase before the building collapsed in a heap of smoldering brick and bent metal.

"Ten bucks says Brigh is behind this..." Steve muttered to himself about his neighbor across the hall. Realizing there might have been people still inside, he quickened his pace to get back to the site to help clear the debris.

"Go Magikarp! Go investigate and see if you can find anyone who needs help!" Steve said, tossing out all 6 of his pokeballs. They opened with a flash, and the Magikarp, much to Steve (and nobody else)'s surprise, began to helplessly flop around.

"Ok, you guys spread out and search. I'm going to look around." Steve said with a hint of denial, beginning to roll small bits of rubble over and check beneath them for people. As he was checking, he heard two voices. He glanced up to spot Meiya and Drake on the other end of the pile, sifting through the wreckage, apparently looking for their stuff. Excited to find other people alive and conscious, Steve called out to them.

"Hey guys! Glad you're alright! Any signs of the other tenants?"

((Sorry for the short post, but I have work soon. Wanted to at least get myself back into the mainstream so I could keep up with the action more easily.))
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

Drake

Drake had never known any of the tenants very well. In fact he had made it his mission to keep it that way. The only person he had ever really talked to and put up with was Meiya, she was annoying at points but alright overall. That was probably the main reason the Dragoon had spoken to her after he had helped her out with her books (and the occasional other task). She brought back memories of his home, especially now, as she struggled to lift the sword off the ground more than a mere millimeter. When she fell, a very small, tinge of worry surfaced, though he was lucky it didn’t filter onto his face. The man helped Meiya to her feet and chuckled.

“Heavy is it?”

“M-maybe…” She replied; looking a little embarrassed she had fell.

Drake picked up the sword with ease, which made the girl’s mouth drop a little in surprise. He twirled it a little before slinking it into the scabbard strapped onto his back. His crimson eyes fell upon something a little bothersome, Meiya’s arm was bleeding. The cut itself wasn’t the worst it could’ve been for falling on twisted metal and concrete, but it wasn’t pretty either.

“You’re hurt…”

“Huh?” She looked down and Drake noticed that she paled a little. “Oh, I-I’ll be fine…”

“Here,” He replied, taking her arm and using his healing spell. The cut slowly closed and mended itself, living only a faint scar.

“T-thank you!” She smiled at him, rubbing her arm where the scar was.

“Hey Guys!”

They both turned and looked over at a man who was wandering away from a group of fish that were helplessly flopping around.

“Glad you’re alright! Any signs of the other tenants?”

Fisherman Steve, Drake had met him a couple of times, and he was in the group with Meiya of ‘annoying at times’.

“What are you doing?”

Drake stood next to Steve, staring out at the group of six large red fish that were flopping around on the ground, really not moving anywhere. The Dragoon noted how proud the man looked, a grin on his face as he clapped and cheered for the creatures that looked like they were going to croak at any moment.

“I’m training my legendary team!”

There were many words to describe the flailing fish in front of him.

Legendary was not one of them.

“Um…” Drake tilted his head and his ears twitched. “Don’t they need water?”

“Hm?” Steve looked at Drake curiously.

“They’re fish… Don’t fish need water?”

“Aha!” The human grinned and patted Drake roughly on the back. “No sir! These are super rare and powerful Magikarp! They’re fine!”

That had been the first time Drake had ever spoken too Steve, which was odd because usually the Dragoon kept to himself and only talked if someone initiated contact. But the sight of six red fish flopping around on the group had caught his attention, so he had to ask about it. The ‘Magikarp’, as they were called, looked as if they were dying that die.

Kind of, no, almost exactly like today.

“Um…” Meiya looked around. “W-Well Jacks over there…” She pointed.

“Karp! Karp! Karp!”

The odd noise one of the fish was emanating abruptly stopped when whatever it was flopping on collapsed. A Dust cloud rose into the air as the trio neared the hole now; they could still hear the fish making that ridiculous sound. Drake’s ears twitched, there was something else moving down there, though he couldn’t see exactly what.

“What in the blazes is that?”

That was the distinctive voice of his neighbor Alex.

“Alex?” Drake questioned, and as more of the dust cleared, there she was, looking up with a smile on her face.

“Good work Magikarp!” Steve grinned, as he extended his arm with a strange white and red ball in it. The Dragoon watched curiously as the ball opened up and absorbed the fish inside.

Alright… He frowned. That’s just weird.

Emerging from behind the cowgirl was a horse. Drake recognized that animal, it had been the one to bring him a medical kit for Alex. Her arm looked fine from where the Dragoon was standing.

“Are you alright?” Drake questioned, faintly noting that Meiya was holding onto his arm as she peered over the edge to see the two who were stuck down there.

“Peachy-keen Darlin’, I was just looking for Buttercup.”

“We’ll get you out, don’t worry.” The Fisherman noted, and motion Drake to follow him.
    The Dragoon was about to move, when he remembered Meiya was holding his arm. He stopped and looked at her, she seemingly didn’t clue in. Drake frowned for a moment.

“Uh Meiya?”

“Y-yes?”

“Can I have my arm back?”

She flushed red. “O-Oh yes!” Immediately let go, taking a step back. “S-s-sorry!”

“It’s alright.”

As he reached Steve, who probably had a plan somehow involving his precious flopping creatures. Drake’s ears twitched, he heard running, and panting. Very distinctive too, someone who was determined on a goal that was in his general direction. In fact he had heard that sort of movement before, and the breathing was the same as-

JANE

Drake swiveled around and caught the incoming spear with surprising grace. He didn’t have his armor on, which was a problem when Jane, grabbing onto the spear she had thrown at him and propelled herself forward and kicked him straight in the chest. It knocked him back, but he recovered a little too fast for Jane, as before she could react he had grabbed her and thrown her back.

So Jane was crashing into the rubble, but she got up like it was nothing.

“You won’t defeat me Fire Ant!” Jane roared, and came at him again. Drake rolled his eyes, dodging to left so that the girl nearly ran straight into the pit.

“Hey guys…” Steve tried to interrupt the battle… “Alex is still in the hole-“

“Silence!” The woman called, flailing as Drake caught her arms. “The Queen has you all under control!”

“The… Queen?” Meiya blinked.

The Dragoon gritted his teeth. “Do you know how insane you sound?”

“Ha! Trying to keep your cover! You-“

“COMMIE!”

What the-

Drake was flat on his back from a blow to the head that rivaled the strength of his father. His world spun for a moment and all he kept wondering was what the hell had hit him and what the hell was a Commie? His sight returned just in time for him to catch the spear again before it impaled his heart. Jane growled; looking particularly determined to end his life right then and there.

Drake snarled, he hadn’t meant too, but it escaped. It had sounded like a terrible noise only an animal could produce, and in the long run he realized it probably wouldn’t happen. But temporary surprise allowed for a sneak attack no one would’ve seen coming in a million years to happen.

There was a bright flash and suddenly Jane was on the ground, trapped underneath a floundering red fish.

“Karp! Karp! Karp!”

Drake blinked and smiled a little in surprise. He leapt back onto his feet and spun the spear; locking eyes with the other woman which had surprise attacked him. She threw one, two.. three knives at him which he managed to block with the trusty spear he had taken from the defeated Jane.

“Well trained Commie…” She narrowed her eyes. “Maybe a Ninja…” Whoever she was smirked evilly. “This looks like a job for…”

Drake’s mouth opened a tad in surprise and hesitation as suddenly the woman was armed with a cruel looking machine gun.

“Mr. BoJangles!!”

Oh fuck

“Leave him alone!”

The woman was blindsided by a book, a hefty looking book too. She yelped, her machine gun’s aim thrown off, she fired but just missed the Dragoon that cringed at the loud noise and stepped farther away from the spray. With her attention temporarily on Meiya who had tossed the reading material, Drake dropped the spear and unsheathed his sword. He quickly knocked her to the ground and pinned her (there was a small tussle, but he managed… Somehow, a lot of weapons had been thrown at him), putting the sword’s edge to her neck.

“Damn you Commie…” She spat in his face, resulting in Drake growling and pressing the blade onto her neck.

“GUYS!” Jack’s voice into the group. “STOP!”

Drake and the woman didn’t dare break eye contact with each other.

“Come on…” The scarecrow’s voice was closer now, and Drake felt a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t kill each other. Not now, maybe later, when we find everybody.”

“He attacked Jane.”

“Jane attacked him first!” Meiya called. “He was helping Alex get out of the hole- Oh God Alex!”

“Hiya.” Came the distant voice, she apparently was still in the hole. “A little help?”

The tension loosen, and with a little more convincing Drake got off of Brigh (which was apparently her name), and sheathed his sword again. The fighting woman didn’t look too pleased about the ‘No-killing-each-other’ rule either. But the battles would have to wait as they all sought to help Alex and Buttercup out of the hole.

All but one.

“Someone get this thing offa me!” Jane cried helplessly.

TAG Bear, Becki, Asi, Kuro, Elaina, and Ben. Sorry if I got anyone wrong or if theres alot of mistakes.

Elite Trainer

Lets see if I can finish a decent post before I have to go into work *grumbles about being called in on my day off*

~~Jane Fox~~
    Straw is thicker than water...yeah.

The Fire Ant laughing.

That was the last thing I saw before the world came crashing down.
    Darkness was all around me now. Groaning I heaved all my strength upward as the place I used to call home was slowly trying to crush me. Finally after what seemed like an eternity of hot, sweaty, muscle burning work I broke free into the cool late afternoon air. I was bleeding out of various cuts on my arms, legs and side, I felt a slickness of blood on my cheek under my eye where I probably had another cut, and I was dirty and tired. But I was alive. That was all that mattered, everything else could be dealt with.
    Taking a deep breath to clear the dust from the collapsed building out of my lungs I darted a look around, crouching into a defensive pose. I studied the treetops first for any signs of giant apes, then I turned my eyes to the ground, looking for the telltale signs of ape prints. There were none. This could only mean one thing.
    The giant ape, in this case, was innocent.
    Now, the giant ape was never innocent, dont misunderstand me. It was probably even now plotting how to use the destruction of my home to catch and kill or eat me. But it wasnt the one that destroyed my home....this time.
    No, this time it HAD to have been the ants!
    Theyve been spending all day slowly weakening the structural integrity of the fortress, and now they had burrowed deep under it and destroyed it from the ground up! Whirling around I searched for signs of any more drones, or signs of their burrows, or SOMETHING I could use to track them down and have my final revenge. Thats when I saw the hand poking out of the wreckage. A hand made out of canvas and straw, and held together with twine.
    Jacks hand.
    Running over I started digging around the hand, and once enough of the debris was removed I gave the hand a tug. Before I knew it I landed hard on my ass, staring down at an arm that ended where the shoulder should connect. I stared at the arm in horror, in one clear defining moment realising what probably happened.
    They werent after me after all, this whole time they were after Jack!
    Of course, it was obvious. They were FIRE ants after all. Why wouldnt they want to take Jack back to their lair and use him to harvest his straw for kindling? They were probably locking him up at this very moment, in an underground dungeon of some sort, and keeping him alive just so he could be a constant source of extremely flammable material. I peered inside the straw filled arm, watching as one piece of straw fell out onto the muddy ground. How did he grow his straw back anyway... the errant thought drifted through my brain. For that matter how does he even move? Shaking my head I bundled the arm up into my belt pouch. That didnt matter, all that mattered was finding the lair of the Queen. It didnt matter how many drones there were, I had to rescue Jack! And if you killed the Queen the rest of the drones would die. Including that larval Fire Ant that was spying on me....

As if thoughts could summon, I heard the Fire Ant complaining about something a bit away from me. I gritted my teeth as a burning rage filled me. This time the fire ant would get what was coming to him, once and for all. I thought to myself as I took off running towards his voice.

~~~~
    ~~~~

"Someone get this thing offa me!!!!" I yelled out, flailing about as a giant red fish was trying to kill me. It must have been a Blood Pirahna, I had heard of those, they were incredibly powerful and dangerous and could kill a man in seconds, but perferred most of the time to toy with its prey, playing psychological mind games with it before making the killing blow. That was obviously what it was doing now. Doing the only thing I could think of I bit it, my teeth sinking into its surprisingly soft red flesh. "KARPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!" It cried, an obvious battle cry designed to announce it was about to give the killing blow.
    With all my strength I heaved at the fish, and it went flying straight towards the fire ant, who batted it away with my spear. Jumping to my feet I snatched my spear away from him and growled, before Jack stepped between us two, giving me a look that said to just let it go. "Youre lucky your Queen was unsuccessful at kidnapping Fire Ant, or you would be dead right now!"
    The Fire Ant sighed and turned away, as I pulled Jacks arm out of my belt pouch, looking a bit crumpled. "Dont worry Jack, I know your probably still feeling the effects of the Queens pheromones but once it wears off I know youll be asking me to get revenge for you." Jack sighed and rubbed his head with his good hand as I helped to sew the severed arm back onto his shoulder. "Thanks Jane...." he said, flexing his arm to test its movement, before using it to point slightly behind me. "But I think we ve got something else to worry about now."

I whirled around, expecting a giant ape, a snake, a spider with 50 legs, or the Queen of the Fire Ants herself to be behind me, but all I saw was an old man. Glancing around him, I felt puzzled. "You mean behind the old man?"

The old man chuckled as he walked forward. "No no little missy, hes right. You all are in SO much trouble right now."

Not taking kindly to threats especially from an old man I readied my spear and glared at him, waiting to see what he was up to....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tag anyone, but Ben will be the one to reveal what the old man has to say and soon after, revealing the first genre we ll be getting into. And now Ive got to get ready for work -.-() So sorry if it sucks lol

Elite Trainer

Jack Scarecrow
    -----------------------------------------

“Trouble how?” Jack rose an eyebrow as all attention turned to the seemingly innocent old man standing amongst the group. The old man coughed, clearing his throat as if preparing to explain.

“Well, first of all, if any of you has to go to the bathroom, do it now because I don’t want to be interrupted.”

“No, we’re fine,” Drake replied sternly. The man nodded and as he began to speak, a soft music began to play.

“Where’s that coming from?” Meiya mused.

“Quiet,” Roy hushed, “That’s exposition music.”

“Now then,” The old man spoke up, “You all are aware that this world is divided into different versions of itself called “genres”, each contained by a barrier right?”

The group slowly nodded.

“Wait, what genre am I from?” Meiya piped up.

“Romance,” the old man answered casually, causing a surprised squeak and bright blush from the girl, “Anyway, as I was saying. An evil group, simply known as ‘The Council’.”

“Lame!” Roy piped up.

“Don’t interrupt!” The old man barked before continuing, “Anyway, they have broken the barriers, causing the different genres to spill in onto eachother like so much cheap liquor.”

The group gasped and Jane piped up:

“The Council must be working with the ants and apes! It has to be-“

“Will you be quiet!” The man barked, “I’m not done yet. ANYWAY, they appear to be after an ancient artifact known as the Gem of Incredible-But-Never-Really-Explained-Powers!”

There was a bit of silence for a moment.

“And what does this gem do?” Mariah asked.

“No time to explain!” The man interrupted, “It’s up to you guys to stop them!”

“Us!?” Brigh asked, “Why the heck do WE have to do it?”

“Well, you see,” the man replied, “The destruction of your home was what caused all this. It was what was holding the barriers together.”

The rest of the group gasped. Roy however felt a little nervous, especially when Jack’s head did a full 180 degree turn to glare at him.

“But why us?” Steve asked. “Can’t you get someone else?”

“Nope, it must be you.”

“And what if we don’t want to.”

“You don’t have a choice. Now I’ve got to go. I’ve got an appointment to speak to some adventuring party. Later.”

“Wait a minute!” Jack yelled out. Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke and the old man was gone, leaving our rather hapless group of ‘heroes’ all alone in the ruins.

I'll put up the first genre soon.