Thread: Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

Hybrid View

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

I'm using my new [F] Dragonite and seeing what she's like. We battle on a large marble arena high in the sky. No banned moves, but let's just have a good match; volleying blizzards my way won't be very fun or interesting.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 7th April 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: 1-1 Opponent and Ref needed!

I'll battle you. ^^

I choose Bahamut. My Salamence ♂

I'll wait till we have a ref to post my moves, unless you wanna go first XP

why wub woo Moderator

I'll offer to ref this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Advanced Trainer

Bahamut start off with a Double Team, then use Iron Defense, finish with a Dragon Pulse if she's far away, Dragon Rush if close. If she flies, use Twister, and if she uses Safeguard, Mimic it.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Use a double team of your own, followed by thunderwave and end with flamethrower.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

A large marble arena hangs in the sky, seemingly untouched by time. Suddenly, two winged figures appear, and a Dragonite and Salamence glide into view, each with a trainer on their back. They land as opposite sides of the arena and the trainers dismount, readying themselves to give orders. Without warning, a blinding light appears in the middle of the arena, with the music O Verona blasting from this light, and the referee teleports into the arena on top a strange, mystical cloud. He moves to the side of the arena, turns around, and utters the word,

Begin.

Chris 2.1 versus Crystal Tears

Round 1

Arena
    Calm, slight breeze, a bit chilly

Dragonite (F)

100HP/100EP
    Fresh

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/100EP
    Fresh

Both dragons begin to flap their wings in defiance of the other and begin to glow a bright white. They both lift off into the air and divide into four, each Pokemon having made three copies using Double Team (-4).

There are now eight dragons flying around the arena, six of them illusory, and the Salamences begin to shine a bright silver, indicating they are using Iron Defence(-4). The Dragonites, undeterred, all converge on one Salamence and they each fire a weak electrical energy, a Thunder Wave (-2) towards one Salamence. However, it just phases through it, destroying the copy.

All the copies then form with their real counterparts and all the dragons fly across the arena straight at each other. They all appear to be powering up attacks at the same time. The Dragonites all fire a Flamethrower (-4) at the Salamences and the Salamences all fire a Dragon Pulse (-6) at the Dragonites. A huge explosion of fire and dragon energies appears as the attacks collide, and through the smoke and out the opposite sides that they entered appear the real dragons, their copies having been destroyed. They land and square up to each other. This is looking like a fierce battle already.

Dragonite (F)

100HP/90EP
    Confident

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/86EP
    Ready
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Strike Salamence with an aqua tail. Then hit it with thunderbolt and end with an ominous wind.

(Man Dragonite has a wide movepool)

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

Chris 2.1 versus Crystal Tears

Round 2

Arena
    Calm, slight breeze, a bit chilly

Dragonite (F)

100HP/90EP
    Confident

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/86EP
    Ready

Dragonite takes to the skies and flies towards Bahamut, her tail beginning to glow. Bahamut draws his head back and begins to fill his throat with some kind of substance. As Dragonite approaches, Bahamut opens his mouth and from his gaping maw a Toxic sludge attack hits the incoming Dragonite, poisoning her badly (-6). Dragonite shakes off the sludge and rolls in the air, bringing down the full force of an Aqua Tail upon Bahamut (-6)(-6).

Dragonite flies over Bahamut and begins to turn around to attack again. Bahamut flaps its wings once and then seemingly disappears, catching the Dragonite unawares. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a speeding Bahamut appears right in front of Dragonite, slamming her in the stomach with an Aerial Ace (-2)(-8). Dragonite is winded by this attack, but then latches onto Bahamut and begins charging up. Bahamut breaks free of the hold and attempts to fly away, but Dragonite lands on her feet and fires a tremendous Thunderbolt at Bahamut, striking him cleanly even as he tries to avoid the attack, and knocking him from the sky (-4)(-9).

Bahamut recovers and makes a clean landing on the floor, however, only to watch as Dragonite flaps her wings and stares at Bahamut in a ghostly fashion. A purple energy swirls around Dragonite and suddenly a ghostly, Ominous Wind sweeps across the stadium towards Bahamut (-8). Dragonite even feels boosted by this wind. Bahamut flaps his wings and lifts off the ground, before beginning to charge up a ferocious energy. A tempest begins to swirl around him and he fires a tremendous Twister, enveloping the Ominous Wind and striking Dragonite with great force (-2)(-12). Dragonite begins to pant and winces as the poison takes effect (-2).

Dragonite (F)

78HP/72EP
    Badly Poisoned, All Stats Are Improved
    Winded

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    85HP/76EP
    Pumped Up
    Last edited by Heald; 31st March 2009 at 04:24 PM.

why wub woo Moderator

Default Re: Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

I use a Random Number Generator to see if any status effect took place with Secret Power and Dragonite rolled lucky. The reason why Dragon Rush did so much damage:

- Dragonite has an attack boost that cancels out Iron Defence
    - Super Effective
    - STAB
    - Critical Hit (rolled on a Random Number Generator for this)

Advanced Trainer

Ooh okay, ty for explaining.

Use Substitute, keep away from it after wards so the supersonic doesn't hit you. Then use Twister to hit Dragonite and be rid of the haze. Finish with Dragon Pulse.

why wub woo Moderator

No problem. Glad you weren't too down-hearted about the loss

Advanced Trainer

^_^ Good match Chris, was alot of fun. Thank you for the reffing Heald, I'm sorry I got confused so often ^^;;