Thread: Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

I'm using my new [F] Dragonite and seeing what she's like. We battle on a large marble arena high in the sky. No banned moves, but let's just have a good match; volleying blizzards my way won't be very fun or interesting.
    Last edited by Chris 2.1; 7th April 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: 1-1 Opponent and Ref needed!

I'll battle you. ^^

I choose Bahamut. My Salamence ♂

I'll wait till we have a ref to post my moves, unless you wanna go first XP

why wub woo Moderator

I'll offer to ref this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Advanced Trainer

Bahamut start off with a Double Team, then use Iron Defense, finish with a Dragon Pulse if she's far away, Dragon Rush if close. If she flies, use Twister, and if she uses Safeguard, Mimic it.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Use a double team of your own, followed by thunderwave and end with flamethrower.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

A large marble arena hangs in the sky, seemingly untouched by time. Suddenly, two winged figures appear, and a Dragonite and Salamence glide into view, each with a trainer on their back. They land as opposite sides of the arena and the trainers dismount, readying themselves to give orders. Without warning, a blinding light appears in the middle of the arena, with the music O Verona blasting from this light, and the referee teleports into the arena on top a strange, mystical cloud. He moves to the side of the arena, turns around, and utters the word,

Begin.

Chris 2.1 versus Crystal Tears

Round 1

Arena
    Calm, slight breeze, a bit chilly

Dragonite (F)

100HP/100EP
    Fresh

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/100EP
    Fresh

Both dragons begin to flap their wings in defiance of the other and begin to glow a bright white. They both lift off into the air and divide into four, each Pokemon having made three copies using Double Team (-4).

There are now eight dragons flying around the arena, six of them illusory, and the Salamences begin to shine a bright silver, indicating they are using Iron Defence(-4). The Dragonites, undeterred, all converge on one Salamence and they each fire a weak electrical energy, a Thunder Wave (-2) towards one Salamence. However, it just phases through it, destroying the copy.

All the copies then form with their real counterparts and all the dragons fly across the arena straight at each other. They all appear to be powering up attacks at the same time. The Dragonites all fire a Flamethrower (-4) at the Salamences and the Salamences all fire a Dragon Pulse (-6) at the Dragonites. A huge explosion of fire and dragon energies appears as the attacks collide, and through the smoke and out the opposite sides that they entered appear the real dragons, their copies having been destroyed. They land and square up to each other. This is looking like a fierce battle already.

Dragonite (F)

100HP/90EP
    Confident

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/86EP
    Ready
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Strike Salamence with an aqua tail. Then hit it with thunderbolt and end with an ominous wind.

(Man Dragonite has a wide movepool)

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Alright Bahamut do your best to avoid the Aqua Tail and spew a Toxic at Dragonite. Next use Aerial Ace to avoid the thunderbolt and strike her, finish with a mighty Twister to whip up the ominous wind and blow it all back at Dragonite.

*checks Dragonite's movepool* .... Wow... >.>; that *is* a lot.

why wub woo Moderator

Round 2

Arena

Dragonite (F)

100HP/90EP
    Confident

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    100HP/86EP
    Ready

Dragonite takes to the skies and flies towards Bahamut, her tail beginning to glow. Bahamut draws his head back and begins to fill his throat with some kind of substance. As Dragonite approaches, Bahamut opens his mouth and from his gaping maw a Toxic sludge attack hits the incoming Dragonite, poisoning her badly (-6). Dragonite shakes off the sludge and rolls in the air, bringing down the full force of an Aqua Tail upon Bahamut (-6)(-6).

Dragonite flies over Bahamut and begins to turn around to attack again. Bahamut flaps its wings once and then seemingly disappears, catching the Dragonite unawares. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a speeding Bahamut appears right in front of Dragonite, slamming her in the stomach with an Aerial Ace (-2)(-8). Dragonite is winded by this attack, but then latches onto Bahamut and begins charging up. Bahamut breaks free of the hold and attempts to fly away, but Dragonite lands on her feet and fires a tremendous Thunderbolt at Bahamut, striking him cleanly even as he tries to avoid the attack, and knocking him from the sky (-4)(-9).

Bahamut recovers and makes a clean landing on the floor, however, only to watch as Dragonite flaps her wings and stares at Bahamut in a ghostly fashion. A purple energy swirls around Dragonite and suddenly a ghostly, Ominous Wind sweeps across the stadium towards Bahamut (-8). Dragonite even feels boosted by this wind. Bahamut flaps his wings and lifts off the ground, before beginning to charge up a ferocious energy. A tempest begins to swirl around him and he fires a tremendous Twister, enveloping the Ominous Wind and striking Dragonite with great force (-2)(-12). Dragonite begins to pant and winces as the poison takes effect (-2).

Dragonite (F)

78HP/72EP
    Badly Poisoned, All Stats Are Improved
    Winded

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    85HP/76EP
    Pumped Up
    Last edited by Heald; 31st March 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Omg I'm so sorry, this completely slipped my mind.

Bahamut use Double Team, then Dragon Dance. Finish with Secret Power. If he tries a toxic, whip up a twister and blow it back.

Question: Does Bahamut have the def boost from iron defense? o.o

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Chris 2.1 VS Crystal Tears: Ref Heald

Use Heal Bell to cure your status (it's an XD post-purification move). Then use twister to tear apart the clones. Once Salamence is exposed ram into it with Dragon Rush.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

Round 3

Arena

Dragonite (F)

78HP/72EP
    Badly Poisoned, All Stats Are Improved
    Winded

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    85HP/76EP
    Pumped Up

Both dragons land and prepare to perform their commands. Dragonite uses Heal Bell and suddenly feels refreshed (-8)(no longer poisoned). Bahamut takes no notice, instead dividing himself into 3 separate clones with Double Team (-4).

The three Bahumuts begin to fly all over the stadium, leaving Dragonite at a loss of how to try to hit them all. She begins to charge up a Twister (-2) and fires it across the arena, however, she only manages to hit one, the other two managing to avoid it. One clone is destroyed. The two remaining Bahamuts begin to glow a cyan colour and dance around Dragonite, performing a Dragon Dance (-2).

The two Bahamuts begin to circle Dragonite and summon Secret Power (-2). They take in the energy of their surroundings and unleash powerful wind-based attacks from their wings, slashing at Dragonite (-7). However, Dragonite now knows which Bahamut is the real deal judging by the direction the real attacks are coming from and proceeds to charge straight towards Bahamut, glowing with draconic energy. She hits the real Bahamut dead on with a critical Dragon Rush, causing some serious damage (-6)(-30)! Bahamut is so devasted by this attack that he slams down onto the floor, his clone disappearing.

Dragonite (F)

71HP/56EP
    All Stats Are Improved
    Proud to have dealt a critical blow

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    55HP/68EP
    Attack and Speed Improved
    Smarting from Dragonite's onslaught!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Get Salamence riled with supersonic. Then create a thick haze and unleash a shock wave.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Advanced Trainer

Which status effect did Secret Power unleash on Dragonite? And does Bahamut have the defense boost from Iron Defense I used a bit ago???

why wub woo Moderator

I use a Random Number Generator to see if any status effect took place with Secret Power and Dragonite rolled lucky. The reason why Dragon Rush did so much damage:

- Dragonite has an attack boost that cancels out Iron Defence
    - Super Effective
    - STAB
    - Critical Hit (rolled on a Random Number Generator for this)

Advanced Trainer

Ooh okay, ty for explaining.

Use Substitute, keep away from it after wards so the supersonic doesn't hit you. Then use Twister to hit Dragonite and be rid of the haze. Finish with Dragon Pulse.

why wub woo Moderator

Round 4

Arena

Dragonite (F)

71HP/56EP
    All Stats Are Improved
    Proud to have dealt a critical blow

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    55HP/68EP
    Attack, Defence and Speed Improved
    Smarting from Dragonite's onslaught!

Bahamut begins to glow a brilliant white as Dragonite closes her eyes up tight, summoning strength into her mouth. She then opens up her mouth and unleashes an ear-piercing Supersonic wave (-2). However, it doesn't affect Bahamut, who has now flown out of range and left a carbon-copy Substitute in his place (-6)(-25).

Dragonite ignores whether there is a real Bahamut or not and begins to disperse a thick mist (Haze) across the field, reducing visiblity and making both Pokemon more wary yet vulnerable (-2), reducing any advantage or disadvantage that might have been gained before. Bahamut squints to try and find Dragonite and succeeds in spotting Dragonite's sillhouette in the mist. Bahamut opens his mouth and fires a powerful Twister at his foe. The powerful swirling energy blasts Dragonite, scoring a direct hit and lifting the mist somewhat (-2)(-14).

Dragonite recovers from the attack and, spotting Bahamut's silhouette in the now-rising mist, she begins to prepare an electrical attack and fires a Shock Wave at her foe, striking Bahamut cleanly (-2)(-6), however, this is just the decoy. Bahamut takes the initiative and fires a powerful Dragon Pulse. A pulsating ball of draconic energy blasts the unsuspecting Dragonite from behind, dealing an incredibly damaging blow (-6)(-26)!

Dragonite (F)

31HP/50EP
    Somewhat surprised

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    30HP/54EP
    Pleased to have the upper hand
    Substitute still somewhat intact

Advanced Trainer

Dragon Rush – Swift – Iron Tail

If he uses Sub, Dragon Pulse to destroy it. Double team then use twister. Roost, you use it as well.

God damn Dragonite for knowing everything -.-;

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok let's use a twister to destroy the sub and keep the rushing dragon away. Then fire a thunderbolt and end with a dragon claw.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

Round 5

Arena
    Misty, mist is rising

Dragonite (F)

31HP/50EP
    Somewhat surprised

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    30HP/54EP
    Pleased to have the upper hand
    Substitute still somewhat intact

Bahamut begins to swell with Draconic power, glowing a bright blue as he prepares to Dragon Rush his foe. Dragonite is unaware of the imminent threat, still thinking that the substitute is the real Bahamut as as she prepares to attack, she is blind-sided by an almighty Bahamut and his ferocious, lightning fast attack (-6)(-30). Dragonite is knocked to the ground, almost out of power, but manages to get up and fire Twister at her foe, however, the substitute absorbs the blow (-2)(-14).

Bahamut smiles, seeing Dragonite is almost done for and opens his mouth out wide, firing a blast of stars at Dragonite with Swift (-2)(-7). Although not a powerful attack, it is enough to see off Dragonite, who stumbles into the flurry of stars, closes one eye, then the other, and falls, defeated, onto her stomach. The referee floats down upon his cloud, sees that she is defeated and nods.

Dragonite is defeated. The winners are Bahamut and his trainer Crystal Tears.

Dragonite (F)

0HP/48EP
    Fainted!

versus

Bahamut
    Salamence (M)
    30HP/46EP
    Winner!

Good battle people.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Good work Salo. Crys you get 2 points, so do you Heald. I get 1. Well done Crys, Salamence is goood :O Heald your reffing was fantastic, thank you.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

why wub woo Moderator

No problem. Glad you weren't too down-hearted about the loss

Advanced Trainer

^_^ Good match Chris, was alot of fun. Thank you for the reffing Heald, I'm sorry I got confused so often ^^;;