Thread: All good things...

:3 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default All good things...

Dear RPG,

I'm just posting this to give you all the heads up that about a week or so ago, I resigned from my moderation position here in the Role Playing Games forum. As many of you know, for the few months I've been teetering with the idea of resigning, until a conversation with Dr.McNinja brought to light that indeed, such a decision was what I really wanted to do.

It isn't that I don't love role playing anymore or that my creativity is in a flux. It actually isn't even because I'm too busy, for while I am very busy I still have free time now and then. The fact of the matters it that I'm not drawn to the forum anymore.

I used to feel excitement whenever I checked the boards and even with its years of declining state, I was proud to at least stick it out and attempt at little sparks of creativity. I liked trying to come up with things for the news or making awards or various activities. It was fun, it was gritty and it now is over for me. I don't feel that same edge of excitement, probably because my pace for writing and role playing is quicker than what the forum satisfies. I put my excitement and creativity into a character, but by the time any plot progression occurs (with interactions from other characters to boot), a vast amount of real time has past and the character has lost its luster, much like a forgotten anchored boat. It takes eons for my character and its fellows to bloom, flourish and go forth and be "free" which for me, personally, is not fast enough.

I also have found the some of the politics that have and inevitably will continue in this forum, to be a bitter taste. I've never been a fan of such things, even though they do seem to be everywhere but I think its safe to say that the politics used to be done, dealt and over while now they seem to brew and bubble. Maybe they always have been that way, but it is this past year where I have felt the need to remove myself from that atmosphere.

While there are more reasons, my final reason in which I will state for resigning is the fact that I've found creative outlets everywhere. I've found an(other) place(s) to role play that moves at a pace which I desire and has given birth to some of my more complex characters. So when it comes down to it, and perhaps this isn't fair, but when I have a half an hour to spare I think, "Would I want to post in a place where the post won't be read into much and perhaps won't progress at all? Or would I rather interact in a place where it'll be immediately taken in and the situation will flourish off of that post just as it did off anothers?" Hopefully that gives a little insight.

Now, with all that put aside, I want to thank all of you. It has been an enjoyable ten or so years in this forum. So many characters have come from here and while this wasn't the birth of my role playing endeavors, it definitely was an incubator for my creativity. I made a lot of friends here and some I still talk to whenever I dash onto AIM and I treasure all of you. I still want to talk to you and listen to your everyday adventures AND of course, listen about your latest creations! I mean, while I might not partake in the adventures that happen here, I still love the characters that people can create. I like to be social in general as well. :3

I salute all of you that continue to dwell here, and I could say positive things about each and every one of you. I thought about writing a goodbye message to every member, but then I'd be here forever. (and I'm rather terrified that I'd leave someone out!)

For now, I'll still be lingering around TPM. I want to test out a new story idea I have and I promised a few of you that I'd create one last RPG as sort of a "send off." So yes, I am creating one last TPM RPG and then after the RPG is done, I'll be resigning as a member and not just a moderator. And yes, I'm submitting one last story idea to Fan Fiction. Not quite sure what will happen with Fan Fiction, as I might be lingering in there much like a salamander in a dark, quiet place.

If you have any questions, because obviously I can't post all my reasons here or ramble on about everything, feel free to ask. You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here, otherwise feel free to just post it here.

I love you guys and I hope you understand my decision.

<3 Bulbasaur4

P.S. DON'T post about who is going to be the new moderator here or ask questions in regards to that. As resigning mod, I've specifically asked to be involved with that process and will threaten the wrath of... uh... my flamethrower on anyone who jumps the gun with questions about it. When we know what's happening, we'll tell you.
    [Please Send Tell]
    Video Games, Life, and the Random Objects You Trip Over

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: All good things...

Kaaalaaaah I know you know already, but I'll really miss you around here! Who else will we have manly threesomes with now you're leaving?! You'll leave a big, B4-shaped hole in RPGland, and it saddens me. Most of all cos you've been here since well before I arrived, so you've always been there, in the woodwork, hehe. I'm glad you've decided to do one last RPG (I'll be joining, no doubt ), and I wish you luck at the other place even though they're stealing you away grrr

Also: seconding the mod thing. When we know what's happening, you will ALL be informed. So no badgering.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

why wub woo Moderator

I said what I already needed to say in the other topic, so here goes: You will be missed, and I hope you visit us soon, and good luck in your adventures beyond this realm. You have my sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

We love you, dearie! It's sad that you'll be resigning, though understandable; gotta make the most of that precious free time. I don't know how you do it, honestly.

Keep in touch, too. I'm almost always on Facebook.

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

The real Shonta Moderator

How sad. You used to be the one telling us to move our asses and keep posting, that you wanted to keep this forum alive. Now you, one of the few that dedicated almost all that they had to keep this going, are leaving.

*sighs and crawls under covers*
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Awe man...

I knew TPM was hitting one hellova snag lately. And even though the forums have been through hell and back, I hoped some things would remain constant. However, just like with life, nothing will stay the same forever, and change will happen.

While I'm curious who'll get your position, I'm more saddened at your departure Kalah. I finally get the bloody chance to RP with you in at least one RPG after years since the last one, and then it... diededed...ed.

But anyway, we're still around, and we're still kickin', and we'll be here if you choose to come back and meddle in our fun-times and add to said fun-times.

Take it easy.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Wow...I'm not sure what to say. You were almost a treasure here on the forums, and now that you're going...You'll be missed, that's for sure.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

I dont usually post in these but there are certain members on the forum that i could never just let them slip away quietly.

We havent talked for a long time, we havent really written together for even longer but your one of the main people that kept me here. (you know the group ).

Back when everyone worked together to make the stories work and the MSN Collaborations of extreme randomness, like the Dragonball parody you wrote etc are what made it all fun. And i know ive caused you more than a few headaches (dodges the politics expertly) but throughout any harshness, and even when we barely spoke i still considered you a friend, which is why i occaisionally bug you when your on AIM long enough.

Ill be the first to admit that ive felt a little isolated from the comunity as of late, whether thats because im getting old(er) or just because that old group has moved on, but whatever the reason i still feel the sense of loss that will hit this place when you hang up your flamethrower. (Obviously the people at the 'better' sites wont annoy you nearly as well so you wont need it )

You're gonna be missed K.

Cya around.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well I knew this has been coming for a while, I really don't know what to say, and I will probably write something better for my RPG News Article on this, and when I am not half asleep. Either way Kalah, we will be missed but atleast now you will not be subjected to a certain mod's nakedness ~.^

for all seasons Moderator

In an RPG forum that's seen much change over the years, it was always comforting to know that you remained a constant presence, B4 - one that assured quality and effort, something of a beacon of light among the rubble. My RPing days are long behind me, but I still occasionally nipped in every now and then to see what you (and your rare brethren) had in store.
    It was sad seeing even tales that had potential to be magnificent fall to the wayside, be it a lack of interest or simply waning numbers resulting in fewer fresh new ideas, and as painful as it's been for me as an observer to see these things happen, I can only imagine how it felt for someone who's headed RPG for so many years.

There are times when I too find myself asking, where should my online time be spent, when my beloved forums are inactive and others offer much more interaction? The simple answer I found, is that this is still the place I found all those years ago and these are still the people from all those years ago. The numbers have dwindled, but we all share that love for what we had, which in turn allows us to press forth through the dark times of what we have.

That being said, though I still won't accept your decision (I never really do accept people leaving), I'll respect it and wish you the best, and also hope beyond hope that not being bound to this place by duty may actually allow you to have fun with it and breathe in newfound appreciation - though you may feel that resigning as mod is what's right for you, please don't forget that having you as a member would mean a lot to us rather than nothing at all.

And hey, who knows... give it a few months... the main site re-launching... maybe a few old fogeys coming back out of the woodwork, along with some crazy newcomers... and maybe the ruins you left will have been restored into a wonderful new kingdom upon your return (dunno where that came from - campy as all hell, but I like it).

All the best, B4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

And with this thread, she penned
    the beginning of the end...

I know its cheesy >.> but it really does seem like, with this announcement, I can feel the bonds holding RPG together are weakening. From this point on nothing will be the same. And I dont just mean because your not a mod, cause you know me, I never cared about that. But now when I post an RPG, (If I shall ever post an RPG again) I wont be able to look forward to whatever interesting character youll create, I wont be able to eagerly await your massively long and detailed and involving character interacting-ness posts...

And we both know there was a time when things werent the friendliest between us, there was a long time when we didnt talk, but we were stupid kids and Im glad that when we got older we were able to put it all behind and become friends again (and for the record, I blame it on Rudy XDDD). Not to sell the rest of RPG short but, you were one of the reasons I came back to RP at TPM, I tried other places to RP at but they just werent the same, some were filled with little kids that wanted to turn everything into a vampire x werewolf orgy and other places just didnt have that original spark that you brought to things you joined. And while RPG may continue on after your leaving, it will never feel the same, it will always be missing something that made it what it was in its prime.

Well anyway Im writing a damn novel over here so I better stop lol Just, make that rpg soon and we ll have to drag it out as long as possible lol ^v~ Also, next time I can buy gametime Ill start lvling a dk on your server so we can still hang out <3

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Master Trainer

Aww... *hugs everyone in a big, somehow possible, group hug*

I love all of you guys, and that fact alone will never change. I no doubt will stop in time to time to say hello, or better yet see you guys on AIM and chat there because its more free there for friendly, nonsensical chats!! YAY! Anyway, its late so I appologize if this makes little sense. @_@

I do plan upon graduation and upon getting a job, of starting my own site which no doubt I'll happily try to make affiliations with TPM to aid traffic to both sites. If you're interested, feel free to message me and I'll fill you in if you don't already know. Also, my new RPG will be titled, "Brimstone"- the same name of the story I've been delving into. Both will be related, but the idea is fresh in my head and I think its slightly appropriate for my last RPG. It fits in all my favorite aspects of RPing into one, delicious cake.

Mmm... delicious cake lies... lol

*hug*
    [Please Send Tell]

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

You boob, you waited for me to come back to the forums after so many years, only to take off? Jerkpants!

Anyway, I guess I'll stick around for this RPG of yours. Since you're leaving, it appears as though my new Normals will not happen after all, since you're an integral member of the story. You know where to find me on facebook and AIM, so I'm sure we'll stay in touch. Take care big K!
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

All things considered, I feel that the wrong Mod is stepping down.

You'll be missed, Kalah.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Elite Trainer

I can haz RPG cake?! <333 Start it soon, and then I think I speak for everyone in RPG when I say not only will we NOT let it die, but we will have to keep it going for at least 5 years ^-~

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Asilynne View Post
    I can haz RPG cake?! <333 Start it soon, and then I think I speak for everyone in RPG when I say not only will we NOT let it die, but we will have to keep it going for at least 5 years ^-~
    And then we'll make several mediocre sequels that attempt to recreate its glory but just end up sucking. Kinda like the Matrix and Ocean's Eleven trilogies
    -Benjamin Franklin

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

You have been a big inspiration for everyone and you'll be missed! I know I don't know you very well, but thanks for everything you've done. Good luck with everything and take care :3

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    And then we'll make several mediocre sequels that attempt to recreate its glory but just end up sucking. Kinda like the Matrix and Ocean's Eleven trilogies
    Universal law of Movie Sequels: Each subsequent Sequel lowers the quality and story of the original. *weeps for Jurassic Park*
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

why wub woo Moderator

Exceptions to that rule include: X-Men 2, Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, The Empire Strikes Back, LOTR: The Two Towers, The Godfather Part II.

Although, that said, most of these films have sequels that are worse than themselves (arguably the ROTK was worse than The Two Towers). So, maybe an addendum to that rule ought to be 'A sequel to a sequel will always be worse'. I can't think of any sequel that has a definitively better sequel.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer

Four words: Return of the Jedi
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Elite Trainer

Terminator 2 hello guys >.>

Which makes me hope Kalah's catchphrase will become "Ill be back" ;.;

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Master View Post
    Four words: Return of the Jedi
    Hahaha, nice joke, but seriously, there is no way in hell that film is better than either A New Hope or the Empire Strikes Back.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Hahaha, nice joke, but seriously, there is no way in hell that film is better than either A New Hope or the Empire Strikes Back.
    You are obviously not a Star Wars fan. ¬.¬
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Elite Trainer

Saying Spider Man 2 was better than Spider Man isn't saying much considering Spiderman itself SUCKED (Toby MacGuire is the pansiest Spiderman ever and completely ruined it)
    -Benjamin Franklin

The real Shonta Moderator

Okay, we should take this sequel-bashing discussion to Misc.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

why wub woo Moderator

Actually, true, this is meant to be B4's goodbye topic, not our little sequel warzone bash.

But seriously, Mew Master, no true Star Wars fan could ever say ROTJ was better than Empire, and I am a true Star Wars fan.

Master Trainer

Hellz no. Dammit, you keep these little spiffs and discussions in my topic dammit! It amuses me greatly.xD

And I'll say "I'll be back" but then melt into a pit of magma.... which will send conflicting interpretations.

xD

Brimstone is almost up! yay!
    [Please Send Tell]

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur4 View Post

And I'll say "I'll be back" but then melt into a pit of magma.... which will send conflicting interpretations.
    Silica, Mica, or Feldspar-rich magma?
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

GRRRRR ARRRRGH

*interrupts molten goo and sequels-of-doom*

Nuuuuuuuuuuu I say! Nuuuuuuuuuuuu.... While we never really talked I did enjoy RPing with you in the few times we had characters together. They were always interesting and I wondered what sort of past they had. I always loved that part of your characters in that I never knew what sort of hidden problem/talent/history they would bring. I specifically remember a RPG from a few years ago where we played young Pokémon that had to escape a burned out forest and find a new home (I was Pichu Luver back then). I was fascinated with your Eevee and the back story/unknown talents she had. *yoinks cliché line 'cause it fits* Thanks for the memories. Like others have said you have always been here while I was a member and you'll be missed.

*continue on the magma and evil sequels discussion*
    Whoot.
    *Dad talking about his filling.*
    PL: Did it fall out?
    Dad: Yeah! ****in' thing only lasted two days.
    PL: Huh.
    Dad. I can stick my tongue down in my hole--
    He just stops.
    *hilarity ensues*

Mom: We're one warped family.
    *through hiccups*
    PL: I didn't know you were that flexible!

Winner of five Awards in RPG, including Best Writer.
    Winner of 2009 Golden Pen for Most Original Fiction

PSN: River_in_Time
    XBOX tag: DameSquishdalot