Thread: You love anime/manga but never actually watch/read anime and manga

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default You love anime/manga but never actually watch/read anime and manga

That is me. I love anime and always fall in love with the first episodes of an anime series or first chapters of a manga. But the thing is I don't actually watch the other episodes and my manga reading is down to Naruto and Konjiki no Gash Bell/Zatch Bell. I use to buy Shonen Jump and Shojo Beat but ended up just not buying them. I use to love Newtype magazine since you got the cds with 1st episodes of a few series. Of course the magazine got cancelled (truly a sad thing and I see Anime Insider went down recently as well). That Otaku magazine doesn't come either. The thing is until last year I didn't actually have the internet at home and when I finally got the internet again I thought I'd start watching anime series. I tried to download episodes that had been recently subbed but then ended up deleting them since I didn't watch them.

Last year in particular I spent all day reading a manga blog, ANN and AnimeonDVD instead of reading manga and watching anime. Though I don't even do that anymore. And even though I am a huge huge fan of Zatch Bell and Naruto I still haven't watched Shippuden or the filler episodes. And whilst I've been downloading Konjiki no Gash Bell I am still only on episode 110. I do keep up with the naruto chapters from Japan and basically have read most of Konjiki no Gash Bell. But besides them I aren't reading/watching anything.

So anyone else suffer from such a symptom?
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: You love anime/manga but never actually watch/read anime and manga

Firepokemon, trust me. You can't get detailed information from these magazines. The best information and review of animes are only available off the net. Yes, the sources are from anime forums or people who actually saw those series. I have never trusted these magazines. Firstly, they are outdated with the news. Secondly, the information they gave came from their in- house self proclaimed anime critics, whom I think know nuts about animes at all.

Sadly although I have seen submerging myself pretty much into the manga world these days, there are some mangas which I would want to read are not even available through the net. Worse still, the volume is sold up here and it will take approximately one month for the book to come. And what the manga that I am hinting at? BECK Volume 34! Thankfully being a translator is a good thing, there are people in the scanlation community who are able to lead you to their resources.

Talking about networking here. =) At the moment with these links, finding mangas wouldn't be a problem. The ones that I left with is the animes. >.<

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: You love anime/manga but never actually watch/read anime and manga

Here in Finland, we have had quite a great deal of manga translated into our language as for now. We have for instance Dragonball (we use the same name for Z as well), Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto and Death Note. I sure don't have the time to read it all. It has been kinda easy for me to avoid Full Metal Alchemist as I failed to catch the plot of the TV series, but I know I should try to read it. If I read it, I would perhaps understand it more and learn to watch the anime too. First manga and them anime seems to work to me like in the case first Naruto manga then Naruto anime. Although the very first episode of Naruto anime disappointed me because I liked manga more.

By the way, at least a chain called Fantasiapelit brings here manga in English as well. That's where I have bought Naruto and I'm still ahead of what's have been released in Finnish. I'm waiting for Bleach to be translated but perhaps I could get it in English first.

The main problem with my manga habits seems to be that I won't submit to read manga online for free. I just like to have the manga book in my hands. As for anime, I do watch Youtube. I have to because the anime offering on TV has declined. We used to have many series but now they all have been ended and often before the offical ending episode. Even Pokemon is not on TV currently, I believe.

Anyways, I don't know if this post of mine took off topic. But you're right, firepokemon, I love anime/manga but never actually watch/read it.