Thread: The Arcane Army (My First RMT)

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default The Arcane Army (My First RMT)

I Just Recently Made this Team. I Put together a few pokemon from my old teams, Fixed one, and added two Newcomers. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

The Team:
    Riachu Smeargle Arcanine Raticate Ambipom Charizard

The Team in Depth:

Riachu @Light Ball
    Static
    Naughty Nature
    252Att/126SpAtt/126Speed
    Wish
    Volt Tackle
    Agility
    Thunderbolt

After Agility, His Speed Will Be Massive. 1st Turn: Wish 2nd Turn: Volt Tackle

Smeargle @Focus Band
    Own Tempo
    Bold Nature
    252Def/252SpDef/8Speed
    Thunder Wave
    Stealth Rock/Spider Web
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass

A SD Baton Passer That Can Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock or Spider Web. I would really
    Like to replace Him.

Arcanine @Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    252Att/252Speed/8SpDef
    Flare Blitz
    Take Down
    Reversal
    Extreme Speed

The Pokemon Smeargle Baton Passes to. Flare Blitz is for an exellant STAB Move. Add the Recoil from Take Down, Life Orb, and Flare Blitz, and Reversal's Damage is increased greatly. Also, He can Revenge Kill.

Ambipom @Choice Specs
    Technician
    Rash Nature
    252SpAtt/252Speed/8Att
    Fake Out
    Nasty Plot
    Swift
    ThunderBolt

He can make the opponet Flinch and Revenge Kill with Fake Out. And, After Nasty Plot, His Attacking Moves Resist no type. Steelix is the only one that can Block this set.

Raticate @Flame Orb
    Guts
    Jolly Nature
    252Att/252Speed/8Def
    Facade
    Crunch
    Reversal
    U-Turn

One of my favorite Pokemon. Facade is an amazing STAB Move while Burned and Reversal gets stronger and stronger every Turn. U-Turn and Crunch are for coverage

Charizard @Leftovers
    Blaze
    Adamant Nature
    252Att/134Speed/126SpDef
    Belly Drum
    Aerial Ace
    Flare Blitz
    Dragon Claw

This is my kind of BellyZard. Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz are for Attacking. The Reason I gave him 126 Special Defense is Because most Pokemon will try to hit him with Special Attacks

...and thats the Arane (Arcanine) Army. Please Help me with the Team!
    Last edited by RICKASTLEY; 24th April 2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: I took BladeMaster's Idea and put a flying type move in on Charizard. Thanks!

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: The Arcane Army (My First RMT)

HUGE Fighting weakness with no way to counter. You might wanna try and stick a Flying move on Charizard to lessen that. Or maybe stick a Psychic/Flying Hidden Power on someone.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Blademaster is absolutely right. While Arial Ace on Charizard will help with that Fighting weakness, I would add a Psychic attack somewhere as well. Smeargle might be a good option for that?

Chrizard--- You said it could heal with Roost, but you didn't list it on its set.

Ambipom--- I see you've got it holding Choice Specs. If you're gonna do that, don't have Nasty Plot on the set as you'll get locked into that move and will have to switch to change. And that defeats the purpose. You could teach Smeargle Nasty Plot if you wanted and have it BP to Ambipom. You could even run Nasty Plot on Richu if you feel you need a more drastic change to the team; Ambipom's Attack power is great than its Special Attack anyway, so it might be for the best. But if you do keep it as a Special Sweeper, then here might be good place for the much needed Psychic move as well.

Smeargle--- You have a lot going on with its moveset. Its base stats aren't high enough to survive long enough to be both a Stealth Rock lead AND a BPasser, even with the Focus Band. There are two good sets for Smeargle on Smogon, one for each role. You can check them out there for reference.

Richu--- The set you have doesn't cover anything as it's two attack moves are both Electric. Richu can learn Grass Knot, which would be useful as the only Pokemon on your team that resists Ground is Chrizard.

I hope that helps a bit

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Hey guys, thanks. Do you have any suggestions to replace Smeargle?

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

How about a Forretress with this set?

* Stealth Rock
    * Spikes
    * Rapid Spin
    * Explosion

That way, you can lay down your entry hazards and blow away any the opponent uses, then explode to kill off any opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by RICKASTLEY View Post
    Hey guys, thanks. Do you have any suggestions to replace Smeargle?
    Your team isn't only weak against Fighters, but with 2 Fire-types and an Electric-type, Ground and Rock Pokemon will RAPE your team. Charizard offsets the Ground weakness a bit with its resistance, but considering you're still vulnerable to Rock and Ground, as well as having three Normal Pokemon, you might want to look into a Water Pokemon that can stand up to Fighters. Starmie is a good choice if you want speed and versatility, while Slowbro makes a decent punching bag. Go with whichever suits your needs more.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!