Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 captain vs Crazy Elk Boy

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: 11 captain vs Crazy Elk Boy

I'll sub-ref this.

Round 6

Arena: Misty caves. Yugi's body sits there, skin eaten, and bones knocked around by mudkip-hurling. Random splutters of toxic lie around, with a bit of vomit sitting in the middle of one.

DQ Time: As stands, 7 days is the default, since no one specified. However, I will not DQ either player without a request. If both players agree, I will replace the DQ period, or remove it entirely.

Banned Moves: Banned moves are for wusses. Real mudkips take it like men.

Additional rules: Asi's rules regarding gender-specific moves are still in place. Also, artificial suns can be made, water can fall from the ceiling, etc... Weather effect moves work as per normal, as per Asi's rules. If you wanted weather effect moves to not work, you would have requested them to be banned.

~~~

Juuichiban-Taicho and Priministomp

HP: 49 (====================)
    EN: 57 (====================)
    Toxic(30% cap), Accuracy-1,

Refresh - Hidden Power - Stomp

Crazy Elf (Elk, maybe) Boy and Ruddkip

HP: 84 (====================)
    EN: 67 (====================)
    Hidden Power: Electric, Defense+1, Accuracy-1, Attack-1, Toxic (2% next round)

Refresh - Iron Tail - Iron Tail

~~~

~First turn~

Both mudkips stare each other down, as the toxic in their bodies seep into the ground, becoming harmless.

Priministomp: -3 EN, -Toxic
    Ruddkip: -3 EN, -Toxic

~Second turn~

Priministomp fire a series of red orbs at Ruddkip, as Ruddkip charges. Mid-charge, the orbs hit Ruddkip, setting him on fire, but he rolls through it, leaps in to the air, and smashes his tail into Priministomp.

Priministomp: -5 EN, -6 HP, Hidden Power: Fire
    Ruddkip: -5 EN, -6 HP

~Third turn~

Priministomp goes to stomp on Ruddkip, just as Ruddkip goes to smack Priministomp with it's tail. The moves meet with a nice, resounding clash, and neither pokemon relents to the power fo the blow.

Priministomp: -5 EN
    Ruddkip: -5 EN

~~~

HP: 44 (=====================)
    EN: 44 (=====================)
    Accuracy-1, Hidden Power: Fire

Refresh - Hidden Power - Stomp

HP: 79 (====================)
    EN: 54 (====================)
    Hidden Power: Electric, Defense+1, Accuracy-1, Attack-1

Refresh - Iron Tail - Iron Tail

Notes:

1) As mentioned earlier, as long as both of you are happy with it, I will keep Asi's ruling as far as gender-specific rules. I will also allow rain dance, sunny day, etc... Sunny Day may make an artificial sun or something like that. I'll decide at the time. However, since I don't know how Asi or Rossy calculate damage/energy usage, I will be using my own methods. (Kinda derived from whatever refs I've had till now. That's right. All 5 of them.)
    2) Third round, both moves missed, but that sounded cooler.
    3) Sorry, I'm new to a lot of this, and coloring things in is too much to ask for, since I'm using pre-done sprites (and not saving them anywhere). I know they should be different colors. I also know that, as stands, I can either include them as is, or I can leave them out. If you link me to images that you wish for me to use, assuming they are appropriate, I will use them.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 11th August 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Edit: Fixed spacing. No numbers/moves were changed.

[14:48:30] .:- Steampunk Angel -:. {{I love Ben}} says:
    oh chaos your awesome lol

screw the sprites, we know which pokemons we has, im gonna be gone a few days with uni related stuff, so ill post moves first again

if thats ok with ceb and u cr, i know i get a disadvantage from the deal but meh if its not breaking the rules

endeaver, whirlpool(sub endeaver if first missed) and then growl grrrrrrrr
    Last edited by juuichiban-taicho; 11th August 2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: profanity yeh probs shouldnt be in thar
    Sanity? Sorry, but I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place

In the end, whether you kill or get killed you're just killing time.

Wonderful! After I kill you, come back to haunt me so I can kill you again!

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It probably isn't normally allowed, but I am willing to allow it if everyone is fine with it. CEB can give you heads up when you need to attack, and if you have time, it would be appreciated.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Ok start off with a Bide to soak up then Endeavour and Whirlpool then end with a Mud Bomb.

Bide ~ Still Biding ~ Mud Bomb

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'll sub-ref this.

Round 6

Arena: Misty caves. Yugi's body sits there, skin eaten, and bones knocked around by mudkip-hurling. Random splutters of toxic lie around, with a bit of vomit sitting in the middle of one.

DQ Time: As stands, 7 days is the default, since no one specified. However, I will not DQ either player without a request. If both players agree, I will replace the DQ period, or remove it entirely.

Additional rules: Asi's rules regarding gender-specific moves are still in place. Also, artificial suns can be made, water can fall from the ceiling, etc... Weather effect moves work as per normal, as per Asi's rules. If you wanted weather effect moves to not work, you would have requested them to be banned.

~~~

Endeavor - Whirlpool - Growl

Bide - Keep biding - Mud bomb

~~~

~First turn~

Ruddkip seems to stop and wait, biding his time, ignoring whatever Priministomp does. Priministomp takes advantage of this by assaulting Ruddkip with a large burst of energy, drawn from all the pain he's currently in. Some might call this an emo beam, but the game designers called it Endeavor. Ruddkip takes the hit, and is sent back into the depths of the cave. Ruddkip quickly charges back, sits in the exact spot he was in before getting knocked away, and doesn't seem to show any concern about the blow comparable to a cannon burst.

ruddkip: -35 HP
    priministomp: -20EN

~Second turn~

Priministomp starts spewing up water everywhere, causing a giant whirlpool to suck in Ruddkip. Ruddkip decides that the moment is right, and, in Expecto Patronus style manner, produces a giant spiritual moose-like creature. Upon closer inspection, it's an elk. It charges down Priministomp, and this time Priministomp gets chucked back. However, the struggle against the whirlpool results in a bit of pain for Ruddkip.

ruddkip: -5 EN, -4 HP, caught in whirlpool (2 of the HP were dealt at the end of the round)
    priministomp: -37 HP, -5 EN

~Third turn~

Ruddkip fires a giant ball of mud against Priministomp, knocking him out. The whirlpool dings him up a bit, before diffusing.

ruddkip: -2 HP, -5 EN
    priministomp: -7 HP, faint

~~~

HP: 0 (=====================)
    EN: 0 (=====================)
    Fainted

HP: 38 (====================)
    EN: 44 (====================)

Notes:
    1) Both endeavor and bide dealt significantly more than most other moves, so I had a hard time believing they were merely bashing moves. As a result, I gave them a bit of sprucing up. I was gonna make bide an explosion, until I realized it dealt damage to only one target in team battles. The elk was just for fun, normally it would be a beam
    2) 11Captain releases, then ceb attacks, then 11captain attacks.
    3) For future reference, whirlpool doesn't stop attacks. Considering that I could flavor endeavor as either a melee attack or a ranged attack, this stops confusion and the like. It is still a useful move, as it effectiively increases accuracy.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 7

~~~

Endeavor - Whirlpool - Growl

Bide - Keep biding - Mud bomb

~~~

~First turn~

Ruddkip seems to stop and wait, biding his time, ignoring whatever Priministomp does. Priministomp takes advantage of this by assaulting Ruddkip with a large burst of energy, drawn from all the pain he's currently in. Some might call this an emo beam, but the game designers called it Endeavor. Ruddkip takes the hit, and is sent back into the depths of the cave. Ruddkip quickly charges back, sits in the exact spot he was in before getting knocked away, and doesn't seem to show any concern about the blow comparable to a cannon burst.

ruddkip: -35 HP
    priministomp: -20EN

~Second turn~

Priministomp starts spewing up water everywhere, causing a giant whirlpool to suck in Ruddkip. Ruddkip decides that the moment is right, and, in Expecto Patronus style manner, produces a giant spiritual moose-like creature. Upon closer inspection, it's an elk. It charges down Priministomp, and this time Priministomp gets chucked back. However, the struggle against the whirlpool results in a bit of pain for Ruddkip.

ruddkip: -5 EN, -4 HP, caught in whirlpool (2 of the HP were dealt at the end of the round)
    priministomp: -37 HP, -5 EN

~Third turn~

Ruddkip fires a giant ball of mud against Priministomp, knocking him out. The whirlpool dings him up a bit, before diffusing.

ruddkip: -2 HP, -5 EN
    priministomp: -7 HP, faint

~~~

HP: 0 (=====================)
    EN: 0 (=====================)
    Fainted

Notes:
    1) Both endeavor and bide dealt significantly more than most other moves, so I had a hard time believing they were merely bashing moves. As a result, I gave them a bit of sprucing up. I was gonna make bide an explosion, until I realized it dealt damage to only one target in team battles. The elk was just for fun, normally it would be a beam
    2) For future reference, whirlpool doesn't stop attacks. Considering that I could flavor endeavor as either a melee attack or a ranged attack, this stops confusion and the like. It is still a useful move, as it effectiively increases accuracy.
    3) 11Captain releases, then ceb attacks, then 11captain attacks.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 16th August 2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edit: fixed bars in final bit... Sorry about that.

i choose nummy my physically handicapped numel, goon champion spin them wheels
    Sanity? Sorry, but I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place

ok Muddly lets be a bitch, start off with a Mud Sport all around the field hopefully make him lose some traction, follow that up with a Whirlpool and finish with a Surf to wash him away.

Mud Sport ~ Whirlpool ~ Surf

numel start off with an earthquake, to beat that basterd silly and leave a big hole so that his next water attack becomes a pond. then smack him in the face with an earth power, and finish up by using a double edge, using the muddy wet battlefield to pick up speed.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 8

~~~

Juuichiban-Taicho and Nummy

HP: 100 (=====================)
    EN: 100 (=====================)

Earthquake - Earth Power - Double Edge

Mud sport - Whirlpool - Surf

~~~

~First turn~

Juuichiban Taicho hurls a pokeball and a Numel appears, with a wheel supporting his back legs. He feels like this might have been a bad choice when Ruddkip starts playing with mud, flinging it everywhere. Nummy responds by spinning it's back wheel and doing an ollie (or whatever it's called when it's not on a skateboard), releasing a seismic wave just as it leaves the ground. The giant earthquake removes some of the mud, but a lot of it is still left around.

Nummy: -8 EN
    Ruddkip: -9 HP/-6 EN

~Second turn~

Ruddkip opens this round by creating a giant whirlpool. The initial shock hits Nummy pretty hard, however, the water seeps down into the giant hole left behind by the Earthquake. Nummy fires a brown glob at Ruddkip. Apparently, it's called 'Earth power".

Nummy: -6 HP/-6 EN
    Ruddkip: -9 HP/-6 EN

~Third turn~

Nummy gets her wheels going, and charges towards Ruddkip. The extra mud from Mud Sport helps Nummy gain speed, however, it also means he can't control his movement as well as he otherwise could. Being beaten up a bit, Ruddkip pulls the water that fell down the earthquake out with Surf, and Nummy finds his wheel getting quite wet.

Nummy: -6 HP (recoil from double team)/-22 HP (surf)/-10 EN
    Ruddkip: -13 HP/-10 EN

~~~

HP: 66 (=====================)
    EN: 76 (=====================)

HP: 7 (====================)
    EN: 22 (====================)

Notes:
    1) Since you both requested moves got used for environmental impact, I have taken account as best as I could. The earthquake made a lot of the water disappear from the whirlpool, and the mud sport made numel charge faster, but also lose out on control. As a result, whirlpool didn't have a lasting effect, and double edge dealt extra damage to both pokemon.
    2) Juuichiban taicho to attack next, then crazy elf boy.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 17th August 2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Sprite included, thanks to ceb for supplying

Here is the sprite Chaos.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Bump for Juuichiban Taicho.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I would be willing to keep this battle going, but I need something from the participants. It's been a month since my last bump, and that was 2 weeks after the post before that. If you guys are interested, then DO SOMETHING!!! If not, then say so. If you are interested, but wish to put it off, then maybe it's better if you just restart the battle again later?

I do like reffing for you guys, but it actually needs to happen.

stop your whinging captain dandruff some of us are busy with assignments

magnitude times 3
    Last edited by juuichiban-taicho; 5th October 2009 at 10:24 AM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

If you are going to be doing assignments for ~1.5 months, can you report it in the absence tower in future?

MUDDLY USE WATER GUN

Water Gun

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 8

~~~

Magnitude x 3

HP: 7 (====================)
    EN: 22 (====================)

Water Gun x 3

~~~

~First turn~

Nummy starts tapping on the ground, causing little shudders. This causes some butterfly to start flapping it's wings, which, somehow or other causes an small earthquake around ruddkip. Ruddkip pours water all over Nummy.

Ruddkip: -5 HP/-3 EN

~Second turn~

Ruddkip keeps the waterworks coming, while Nummy taps into the earthquake-making power of another butterfly. This butterfly is scary, and Ruddkip faints in the resulting earthquakes.

Ruddkip: -11 HP/-3 EN

~~~

HP: 54 (=====================)
    EN: 64 (=====================)

~Dead~

Notes:
    1) Crazy Elf Boy to send and attack. Then Juuichiban-Taicho.

2) If Crazy Elf Boy wants a sprite different to the default, please provide a link.

I will send out my Feebas called Ouroboros (M).

Ok Oury start off with Double Team then use DIVE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Double Team ~ Dive

earthquake

then dig muahaha BTW where are you diving, there like isnt a pond

some magical lake that somehow formed in the middle of the room im cools with that but only if i can dig through the roof

and just an fyi chaos time for a change of scenery, i mean 2 earthquakes several surfs this caves rooted. the structural integrity is shot.

Reffing Please Chaos

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 9

Arena: The cave has opened up, what with all the earthquakes. The earthquake has been filled with the water from the whirlpool and the water guns and so on. We are now looking at a river. Floating rocks from the roof of the cave can be used to jump from one side of the river to the other.

Banned Moves: Banned moves are for wusses.

Additional rules: Asi's rules regarding gender-specific moves are still in place.

~~~

Earthquake ~ Dig ~ Resurface

Crazy Elf (Elk, maybe) Boy and Ouroboros

HP: 100 (====================)
    EN: 100 (====================)

Double Team ~ Dive ~ Resurface

~~~

~First turn~

Ouroboros appears in the water, and immediately several other feebas appear around him. An earthquake tears away at them, and we are back to the original one.

Nummy: -12EN
    Ouroboros: -10HP, -6EN

~Second turn~

Numel digs underground, ready to pounce on an unsuspecting Feebas. Feebas responds by diving into some deeper water, where Numel can't find him anymore.

~Third turn~

Numel tries a spot at random, only to find lots of water. He quickly jumps back to the surface, but is tailed by Feebas, who launches at him from his hidey-hole.

Nummy: -12 HP, -6 EN
    Ouroboros: -6 EN

~Bonus Material~

Since I was requested to make some alterations to the scenery based on the structural integrety being shot down... The roof is caving in, and rocks start falling on heads. 5 Rock-type damage each. (7 for nummy with his weakness to rock)

Nummy: -7HP
    Ouroboros: -5HP

~~~

HP: 47 (=====================)
    EN: 60 (=====================)

HP: 85 (====================)
    EN: 88 (====================)

Notes:
    1) Juuichiban-Taicho and Nummy to send and attack. Then Crazy Elf Boy and Ouroboros.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 21st October 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: fixing things

ok nummy use ancient power to toss up some big boulders throw em at feebas than use a flame thrower while hes smooshed to cook that fish, dem fish be good for the eating, lastly use yawn

Use Surf and Icebeam to create a nice bubble of ice with water inside around you, then hit numel with a FACADE.

Surf + Icebeam ~ Facade

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 10

Arena: The cave has opened up, what with all the earthquakes. The earthquake has been filled with the water from the whirlpool and the water guns and so on. We are now looking at a river. Floating rocks from the roof of the cave can be used to jump from one side of the river to the other.

Additional rules: Asi's rules regarding gender-specific moves are still in place.

~~~

HP: 47 (=====================)
    EN: 60 (=====================)

Ancient Power ~ Flamethrower ~ Yawn

HP: 85 (====================)
    EN: 88 (====================)

Surf + Icebeam ~ Facade

~~~

~First turn~

A bunch of rocks get thrown at Ouroboros, as he is busy calling up water from the river. He then freezes an outer shell, ready for any flamethrowers thrown at him. The elder gods decide to help Nummy out, and give him a much needed boost against his watery foe.

Nummy: -6EN
    Ouroboros: -6HP, -20EN, semi-protected.

~Second turn~

Numel breathes flames, melting the ice shield, and providing Ouroboros with a misty shield. Unfortunately for Ouroboros, the misty shield is steam, and it kinda hurts. A small bubble spits out of the steam, and smacks Nummy. Pity there was no real power behind the attack.

Nummy: -9 en, -7 hp
    Ouroboros: -2 hp, -6 en, steamy.

~Third turn~

Numel yawns at Ouroboros, who suddenly feels kinda sleepy.

Nummy: -3 en
    Ouroboros: falls asleep in 3 turns.

~Bonus Material~

No rocks fall this round. Well, they do, just not on anyone's heads. And Ouroboros is hurt by the steam.

Ouroboros: -2 hp

~~~

HP: 40 (=====================)
    EN: 42 (=====================)

HP: 75 (====================)
    EN: 62 (====================)
    Steam Shield, yawned at.

Notes:
    1) Crazy Elf Boy and Ouroboros to attack.

2) The steam shield is from the combination. It has a random chance of disappating (low chance to begin with, but will get higher as time goes on) and will cause slight damage to ouroboros in the meantime. However, it will provide a miss chance to some attacks, since nummy can't see where he's attacking. It may have other effects, determined on a case-by-case situation. Ouroboros can leave the steam cloud at any time.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 3rd November 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

bump

Use rets before it puts you to sleep then Sleep Talk twice.

Rest ~ Sleep Talk x2

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

bump for juuichiban taicho

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestLight View Post
    Hey Rossy. Hold on. Don't DQ this one just yet. Unlike others that can be-this one still has people willing to battle, So just let it hang on the backburner for a while-and after they get clear of their coursework and they come back -resume it.

Or, alternately, if you don't feel like waiting to ref it, you can pass it to someone else to sub-ref it, and they can take it over instead if you don't feel like waiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    I would be willing to keep this battle going, but I need something from the participants. It's been a month since my last bump, and that was 2 weeks after the post before that. If you guys are interested, then DO SOMETHING!!! If not, then say so. If you are interested, but wish to put it off, then maybe it's better if you just restart the battle again later?

I do like reffing for you guys, but it actually needs to happen.
    As I said last time, you guys need to post. And, unlike the time when DL posted that, there are no assignments, both of you have finished for the year. Exam period is over and everything. And when one of the participants has had a break for 6 weeks, I find it hard to believe it is only due to assignments.

If 11captain has not posted within the next 24 hours, I will be DQing him. DL may choose to intervene, like he did with rossy. If this is the case, I will be sticking to the DQ limit. If you do not believe you can realistically make an entry in this thread with reasonable frequency, then please mention it in the absence tower.

Please note that unless otherwise specified, all matches have a default DQ period of 7 days.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Since juuichiban taicho has not posted, and DL has not come along and requested that the battle will keep going, Juuichiban Taicho has been DQ'd.

CEB receives 4 points. Juuichiban Taicho receives 2 points. A post in the reffing tower has been made, enquiring about how many points rossy, myself and asilynne get.

But I don't want to DQ this. Why can't we keep it going?

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I fail to see why any ref should have to put up with excessive delays like what Juuichiban Taicho gave Rossymore, Asilynne and myself. Both Rossymore and myself have put forward a request for a DQ, although rossy's was turned down because juuichiban taicho had assignments. As I stated yesterday, semester is over for the both of you. Assignments are over. Should we keep this battle going indefinitely because juuichiban taicho keeps offering constant excuses for why he can't post?

Even if I got a subref, the subref would have to put up with the same problems that the previous 3 have had to put up with. I fail to see why any ref should have to. And I neither wish to put another ref up to this, even if they volunteer, or continue putting myself through it. The only way that both of these can be avoided is for this match to end. And as a result, I am calling a DQ.

sounds to me like your having a bit of a whinge, we have both been busy uni semester had ended but exams and assignments are still around sure you may argue that 2 minutes of study time to post isnt much but if you possess intelligence you will also know that the 2 minutes will easily turn into a few hours as procastination sets in when you accepted reffing you knew we were both busy people, so you cant use that in rebuttal

my moves - rest sleep talk sleep talk

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by juuichiban-taicho View Post
    sounds to me like your having a bit of a whinge, we have both been busy uni semester had ended but exams and assignments are still around sure you may argue that 2 minutes of study time to post isnt much but if you possess intelligence you will also know that the 2 minutes will easily turn into a few hours as procastination sets in when you accepted reffing you knew we were both busy people, so you cant use that in rebuttal

my moves - rest sleep talk sleep talk
    Time.

Man, I'm popping in a bunch of battles this week. Not a good look for next week x_x. Anyway.

Sorry guys, Chaos is right. Juuichiban, you said yourself that 2 minutes will easily turn into procrastination for you if you are not distracted. I know this first hand, but there are those moments after you finish studying-or during a piss break where you still have enough focus to at least note when yer not going to be around for a while in the interim.

On the flip--this match can get another Sub-ref, but I'm pretty sure with the inactivity that its suffering-the pool of refs willing to wait that long is shrinking(It's prolly really low now...actually..). Yer killing this battle yourselves with that level of inactivity. No one should have to wait that long for the battle to be reffed or for the ref to ref said battle.

This is why yer gonna at least have to show some more effort in posting Juuichi (Crazy too actually -.-....)-whether it be in the battle itself...or in the absence tower to alert us-or a PM to the ref at least so they can know..wait...

Wha was the DQ time? The 4 month jazz? Even to me that's excessive. You'd end up having more Sub-refs than Subway.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

both crazy and i informed chaos when he took on this responsability that we have other responsabilities that demand our time and effort, we intended for this battle to be extremely casual, i personally think chaos is being a bit over dramatic but i will endeaver to post more. Part of the reason why this is my only battle is because i can not dedicate the time i wish i could, hence why my opponent and ref are mates irl but if chaos doesnt want to ref we will find another.

p.s ive never met a subway ref, maybe i could do that as a career sounds delicious

Also I fail to see how Chaos can justify dropping this reffing due to inactivity when he is in fact in direct violation of this rule in the safari zone WHERE I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE THE 31st OF OCTOBER FOR HIM TO POST.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Oh... I mustn't have seen your post in the Safari zone. Sorry about that. I'll have a look through now and see if I can find it. Should be up some time later today.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

This was gonna be an edit, but then I realized how long the edit was.

@CEB: Found and posted. However, in my defense, there is a lot of other stuff in that thread, and it turns out a lot of stuff happened that day. In addition to that, this is the first I've heard from you that you were waiting for me. Before that, I believed I was waiting for you, although this would be a problem caused by lack of communication, either of us could have contacted the other and attempted to find what was wrong.

@DL: There was none specified, and as I pointed out in my earlier post, this means it goes to the default of 1 week (or 7 days). However, since typically a DQ is only called when the other battler asks for one, ceb believed all was good as long as he didn't request for one. However, as both rossy and I have demonstrated, the DQ can be called by the ref if the delay is getting excessive.

@CEB & Juuichiban: Feel free to restart this match when you guys have your lives in order. I will be glad to ref, as long as I am not constantly left hanging. If you think you are too busy to post once a week, make the DQ period 2 weeks.

@Juuichiban: Busy is one thing. That would make it reasonable to have, say, a 2-week DQ period. But you have left us waiting longer than that on repeated occasion, with an 8-week break being "justified" as "stop your whinging captain dandruff some of us are busy with assignments". Assignments? for 8 weeks? Really? I have had one semester where my uni work was that bad, and that was in my final year of a dual-degree, in a subject where they expected us to quit our jobs for that particular semester. You are not in your final year, nor is the uni asking for you and your classmates to quit your jobs for this semester. And now, assignments/exams are over. You can start getting a post in every now and then. As far as I know, you don't have any other commitments. DL has it right, if your only excuse is "I procrastinate too easily", then this battle is over.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

After talking to CEB online, I have decided that I am willing to make a compromise. I will continue reffing on these conditions.

1) The DQ period will be lengthened to two weeks. This is to take into account the fact that you guys claim that you are sufficiently busy. I prefer faster matches than that, but, whatever...

2) I will enforce that DQ. I will not wait for the other battle participant to request a DQ, nor will I be offering another 24 hour period like I did earlier. If I go through my refs, and find this one has been waiting on someone for over 14 days, I will DQ that person, and points will be awarded.

If both juuichiban and ceb agree to those conditions, I will retract my DQ, and continue reffing.

Yes I will agree to the terms and so will Juuichiban Taicho.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Round 10

DQ Time: 14 days. No exceptions. Even if neither of you ask for a DQ, this will be enforced. I don't care about your real life issues, this is your last chance.

~~~

HP: 40 (=====================)
    EN: 42 (=====================)
    +1 atk, def, spatt, spdef, speed

Rest ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

HP: 75 (====================)
    EN: 62 (====================)
    Steam Shield, yawned at.

Rest ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep talk

~~~

~First turn~

Aww... Both pokemon just lie there, resting.

Nummy: +25HP, -9 EN
    Ouroboros: +25HP, -9 EN

~Second turn~

In his sleep, Nummy breaks open another earthquake. And Ouroboros breaks loose with a secretly powered orb.

Nummy: -7HP, -12 EN, -1 atk
    Ouroboros: -11 HP, -8 EN

~Third turn~

Nummy coughs up some toxic gunk in his sleep. Ouroboros doesn't like this, and manages to dive underwater in his sleep. Talk about rolling off the bed. Both pokemon wake up, Nummy wonders why the steam cloud looks empty, and Ouroboros wonders why it's at the bottom of the lake.

Nummy: -6 en
    Ouroboros: toxic, -6en

~Bonus Material~

Rocks fall, and hit nummy. Bad way to wake up. And Ouroboros has temporarily left his steam cloud, but is feeling that toxic gunk.

Nummy: -7 hp
    Ouroboros: -2 hp

~~~

HP: 46 (====================)
    EN: 15 (====================)
    +1 def, spatt, spdef, speed

HP: 87 (====================)
    EN: 39 (====================)
    toxic (next round 4%)

Steam Shield is currently empty. Anyone want to claim it?

Juuichiban Taicho and Nummy to attack next

Note: just to clarify, if you guys stick as close to the two-week period as possible, I will quit this reffing, and offer it as a subref. If noone takes it, no skin off my back.
    Last edited by chaos_redefined; 25th November 2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: fix'd bars