Thread: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Arrow ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

~Time After Time~

In the beginning, there were the High Ones.
    They traveled through the stars in palaces made from their former world, seeking an endless life of peace and learning. From their dying world they rescued the burrowers and the flyers; they gave them the gift of knowing ones self and from then on they were the High Ones constant companions. In the flyers webs they slept, choosing an existance of mind rather than form, but it was in this choice, this casting off of ones outer shell, that became their undoing.
    For the burrowers had begun to entertain notions of rebellion. Why exist as the Sleeping Ones servants when the palace could be theirs? In a moment of betrayal, the High Ones lives were violently jolted into the world of the Physical. And from that point on, the World of Two Moons would never be the same....

Indeed, the High Ones were the beginning. As their palaced crashed to the strange primitive world, many died by Troll hands while still sleeping in the webs of the Preservers. The ones that survived, stumbled confused and battered from their ship to find a world raw and wild. Humans, the native species, were little more than beasts and attempts made for peace ended with confused, frightened violence. It was a hard lesson for the High Ones in those early days. When once they cast off their physical forms, they found this world stranded them in their bodies. Magic worked weakly if at all. They sought learning once but now, they learned what pain was, and hunger. And fear.
    But those who survived, those who were strong, learned also how to adapt. Though the World of Two Moons changed them and their children through the generations, in appearance and in blood...

Rayek knew this story all too well. Ever since his mentor, Ekuar, died at the hands of the Mountain trolls he had obsessed over the Scroll of Colors inside of the Lost Palace of the High Ones, obsessed over the great mistake his ancestors had made in trusting the trolls. And for the millionth time since that day over 20 years ago, he obsessed over how most of this had to also be Cutters fault. The beastial chieftain of the Wolfriders, whose war with the humans had caused him to lead his filthy tribe of half beasts to Rayeks home in Sorrows End. He fumed as he remembered losing to him in the trials of Head Hand and Heart, and how Cutter had gone and Recognised his lovemate, taking her from him!
    The darkness grew in Rayeks eyes as he remembered living peacefully with the Gobacks in their snowy lodge, until Cutter brought the War with the Trolls unto him. He remembered Kaavi, his Goback lovemate, telling him his child was stillborn, remembered how the Gobacks had allowed the trolls to take Ekuar. Everything in this World of Two Moons was tainted, it had all caused him pain. If only the Wolfrider chief had never left his home! If only the trolls had been left behind to die on the High Ones homeworld! If only that Great Mistake had never happened, could be undone.....
    Tears of rage and anguish stung his eyes, but purpose took their place as he recalled his plan.
    "There are still children of the High Ones who retain the powers of old, whether they are aware of them or not." He spoke to himself in a low fevered tone. Smiling a pained smile of maddened hope, he focused his power into the palace, causing it to reverberate its call across miles. "The Palace of the High Ones lures its children with a call stronger than Recognition," Rayek called aloud, a strength in his voice that had been missing for years. "The closer they are the stronger it will be. But this call is strong no matter how far, and is meant for but a few. We need no Preservers, we need no Troll Servants, the mistakes of our forefathers will not be ours. We will fulfill the dreams of those who came before."
    He closed his eyes and felt the call flow through him, grinning with a hopeful childish delight.

"Come, we will leave this tainted world, and become High Ones ourselves!"

The call radiated outward, travelling across miles. It travelled south through the highlands and over the mountains, into the Burning Waste where the Sunfolk lived at Sorrows End. It travelled west, across the rivers and around where the ruins of Blue Mountain stood, to the Forbidden Grove where the wolfriders dwelled. And it travelled to the frozen north, above the troll caverns to where the Gobacks camped at Wayfar. The call, to those Chosen Few who can receive it, feels like a very strong desire to go home, like being homesick, even if they have never been to the palace before. It isnt something you hear, but something you feel deep within your soul. Like Recognition, to resist it is to become ill, and eventually die. The sun is just now beginning to dip below the horizon, and as some elves ready for bed, and other tribes ready for the night hunt, Rayek's call will make certain that tonight will not be like every other night. Tonight marks the beginning of these elves journey away from the World of Two Moons.

Everyones first posts will be a small taste of their lives in their tribe, and the moment when they receive the call. Since everyone will receive the call at the same time, all those who live in the same area will probably end up travelling together. All tribes are basically almost equidistant from the palace so it would probably take about a week to two weeks to travel there (best to fast forward the journey to the palace in your posts XD). Wolfriders would most likely ride their wolf-friends, Gobacks their Elk and Sun Folk would ride Zwoots, a very stupid camel like animal adapted for desert travel. At the end of your journey will be the Palace of the High Ones.

Feel free to go inside, Rayek is waiting....

Heres a quick run-down of who starts where:
    Wolfrider/Forbidden Grove
    Jonas- Outlaw JT- Treeshaper
    Frostfur- Asilynne- Sender
    Sebas- Crazy Elf Boy- Rockshaper
    Vapourmist- Mystic Clown- Healer

Sun Folk/Sorrows End
    Windsong- Miryawind- Windshaper
    Zekekii- Crystal Tears- TBR
    Aroree- Drusilla- Glider
    Ruya- Kuro Espeon- Magic Sense

Gobacks/Wayfar
    Varik- SilentKnightmare- Shapeshifter

And now for the posts!
    Name: Frostfur by her Goback mother, sometimes called Dreamweave by the wolfriders when they want her to tell a story xD
    Soul Name: Yur
    Tribe: Goback/Wolfrider (explanation in history)
    Appearance: Pic. Very light, almost white bluish hair that is down to her shoulders, she wears two small braids on the sides of her face. Deep soulful blue-green eyes. Since living with her fathers people, the Wolfriders, she wears a blue v neck tunic laced up the front, sleeves midway down the arm that flare out, black leather pants (all trimmed in white fur) and white fur knee high boots.
    Personality: Very quiet and thoughtful, she rarely talks, preferring instead to send. Her spirit is firey however despite her calm exterior, and she can get savagely violent if she feels she or her loved ones are under attack. Has a survival instinct like no other, and acts on impulse if her life is in danger. Sends with confidence and usually can reason things out and improvise if need be, but when it comes to speaking she shies away. Shes ashamed of how she talks. Because she grew up sending she is unfamiliar with deciet and is very naiive in that way.
    History: Her mother, Luhal was a Goback and her father, Skywise, was a Wolfrider. On the night before the final battle of the Troll war, they had a brief, anonymus "encounter" during the "Dance of the Warriors" ahem....and two years later Frostfur was born in the Goback lodge. However it was a few brief months later when Rayek, insane with grief over the loss of his mentor, drove the Gobacks away from the Palace of the High Ones. While her mother ran for her life, a fireball almost hit the two, and Frostfur was thrown clear of her mother, who paniced and took off running lest she fall behind and be killed. Rayek took no notice of the small bundle in white furs, and so Frostfur was left alone in the snow to die.
    A snow wolf caught the scent of the baby and came to investigate. Thinking the baby would be a nice meal, she caught the scent of the wolf blood and instead took it home to raise as one of her own. As the years went by Frostfur grew, sending with her wolfmother Snowfang and learning the ways of the hunt. Because her life was saved by the wolf, and because this wolf was one of the few who could send, they shared a tight bond, and Snowfang even knows her soulname and so far is the only one who knows besides Frostfur herself. At the age of 10 she decided to try to seek out her parents. Riding her wolfsister, she followed the sketchy directions and scent impressions her wolfmother sent to her and, after a few months of travelling in the harsh snowy conditions, she came upon the new home of the Gobacks, meeting her birthmother for the first time. She lived with the Gobacks until age19, when the urge to find the other missing half of her life arose. Again following sketchy directions, she eventually made it to the Forbidden Grove where the wolfrider tribe lives, meeting her father for the first time. During her time with her parents she learned to understand elvish when its spoken, but she feels she can never learn to flawlessly speak it, and so relies on sending, thoughts as well as feelings and pictures to communicate. She became a sort of storyteller with her wolfrider kin, some even going so far as to say "her stories are better than a mouthful of dreamberries" (dreamberries make you slightly drunk when eaten and help enhance storytelling and listening). She has since taken up residence with her fathers kin, enjoying the bond they share with wolves.
    Power: Sending, she can send vivid pictures and feelings, she can let people know exactly how she is feeling as if they are feeling it too. Sometimes she does this without thinking, since it just comes naturally to her. If she were to ever 'yell' in a send it may cause the person or people mental anguish and even physical pain, though she would never do this intentionally unless she were in danger or made very angry. Her sending can be heard for a farther distance than an elf with the normal ability. Likes to play the flute and send stories to her audience in accompanment to the music.
    Skills: Skilled at making clothers and tanning leathers under the tutalege of Moonshade, the wolfrider tanner. Sometimes plays a small flute she found while travelling, apparently belonging once to a human. She uses a small curved sword, given to her by her mother after reuniting, and a shortbow made for her in the Forbidden grove.
    Family: Father: Skywise Mother: Luhal. Knows Varik from the time she spent living with the Gobacks, he taught her how to use weapons. Wolfrider friends open to anyone too ^-~ . Hasnt recognised anyone so doesnt have a lifemate.
    Other: Doesnt speak elven very well (I know, Ive said it before lol) Speaks it very brokenly and therefore doesnt speak often. Can understand it pretty well though. Eats meat raw. (most wolfriders do anyway)

Wolffriend Name: Kiyiya
    First?: Yes, grew up with her as a sister
    Appearance: White with silver markings on the paws and forehead, clear light blue eyes. Has thick fur for living in cold climates.
    Temperment: Cautious at times, this wolf tends to size things up before deciding what to do about them. Has unwavering loyalty for Frostfur and takes offense if anyone gets close to her that doesnt 'smell right'. Plays the protective sister at times.
    Other:This is the only wolf in the RPG that has the ability to send, although this wolf's abilities are far weaker than her mothers.

~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
    How quickly the Past becomes the Future...

"Play another one Dreamweave!"

I laughed quietly as I heard the children beg me for another story. The sun was going down and it would soon be time for the nightly hunt to begin, but for now I was "Dreamweave", the storyteller and history keeper of the tribe. Though I was too young to know the history of the tribe from personal experience, I had spent the past five years living amoung my father's people, learning their stories and their past. And with my talent for sending, I could show it to others so vividly it was as if it were their own memories.
    The youngest cubs of the tribe sat around me on the furs of the common room inside the Holt, their eager eyes watching me, urging me for just one more story before the hunt for food would begin. Shaking my head and laughing, I put my flute to my lips and began to play a slow intricate song. <>Alright cubs,<> I sent to them, amusement tinging through the send. <>One last story, and then itll be time for me to go hunt, you all DO want to be fed tonight, dont you?<> The cubs all nodded and began to chatter excitedly about whether ravvit or deer was the best meat of all time, but they fell silent as the story began.

<>Before you or I were born, even before the eldest of the wolfriders alive today were ever born, there were the High Ones,<> As I sent the words to the story and played the flute, I sent pictures of what the High Ones would look like. Many of them appeared generic, but one came out Crystal Clear. Timmain, my father had seen her at the Palace of the High Ones long ago, and through his sends I knew her as he did. <>The High Ones were tall, beautiful elves, who wielded such powerful magic as you cant even imagine. They shaped the Palace of the High Ones out of the rock of their old world and took to the stars. They rescued the Trolls and the Preservers, and took them with them, as companions on their journey.<> Images of cute friendly Preservers and ugly trolls filled the young ones head as I played, and they laughed, poking fun at the stupidity of trolls and sharing stories of encounters with the mischevious butterfly-like Preservers. My song turned foreboding as I reached the turning point of my story.
    <>But the High Ones didnt count on the Betrayal of the Trolls. The Peaceful, trusting High Ones were set upon by the Ugly trolls as they slept, and the Great Palace fell from the sky, crashing unto the World of Two Moons. They left the Palace to find a primal world, full of dangers they had never encountered, and many of them found their magic didnt work as well anymore.<> The song of my flute flowed into a fast paced song of danger, as images of beast-like humans and long toothed cats chased the High Ones in my send. <>This new world they found themselves on had many predators, and it was certain that the High Ones would die, if it werent for the High One Timmain. The Mother of all the Wolfriders, she took the form of a wolf to provide meat and furs for the other High Ones. She Birthed Timmorn Yellow-Eyes, the half-wolf, half-elf first Chief of the Wolfriders, and under his leadership the People survived.<> The story faded out with an image of the first chief of the wolfriders in all his glory as I trailed off with my flute. <>And that, cubs, is the Story of the High Ones. But it doesnt end there, for there have been 10 chiefs since Timmorn, but the Story of the Ten Chiefs will have to be for another time.<>
    The cubs groaned, attempting to beg me for another story, but as I put my flute away they knew they would just have to wait. It was about time for the hunt to begin, and soon Redlance would be coming with Mist, the healer, to watch the cubs for the night as most of the wolfriders went off for the hunt. I stepped outside, as my wolf-friend Kiyiya lifted her head from her nap. In a private send just to her I said, <>Cubs...they are just so curious!<>
    She sent to me the impression of amusement, and the image of her pulling a younger me out of a bramble patch. I laughed and wrapped my arms around her neck, burying my face in her soft fur. She was indeed like my older sister, keeping me out of trouble and protecting me from harm. Suddenly a familiar voice rang out through the cool night air. "Frostfur!" It was Redlance, and behind him almost invisible in the growing dark was Mist, the tribes second healer. The Chiefs wife was the first, and the strongest. Their presence here told me it was about time for the hunt. I nodded a greeting at them and was about to send to them when something seemed to hit me from deep within. It felt like something was tugging on my soul, drawing it forward, and I almost panicked. Did....did I just Recognise? I thought, almost in shock. Then, without consious thought my head turned to look towards the east, away from the setting sun. No....not recognition. If it were, I would know one of their soul names. This is something different....something else....
    Slowly the image of a grand shining palace came into my head, as if through a send. A compulsion came with it, a need to be there, to walk beneath its shining spires. More than anything else Ive ever needed before in my life, I had to be there. Without a word to anyone and with barely a thought as to what I was doing, I leapt on the back of my wolf-friend and directed her to run east, out of the Forbidden Grove, and towards the place that my soul was tugging at me to go. I was vaguely aware of Mist having followed me, and as the night deepened and I raced through the tall grass towards a feeling I couldnt explain.

Little did I know there was no way for me to have predicted what happened.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally done lol! Ok, go ahead and write a bit of the daily life of your char back home, and then make your way to the palace. It doesnt have to be exactly like mine, you can detail the journey a bit more. Have fun with it and be creative <33

I edited a bit because I realised that the ending of mine was a bit rushed XD
    Last edited by Asilynne; 25th April 2009 at 10:54 AM.

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! {LSUs for a limited time}

Name: Zekekii or Zek (of the Sun)
    Soul Name: Solai
    Age: Unknown, Zek doesn’t talk about his age (he’s an adult though)
    Tribe: Sunfolk and Wolfrider, so he’s a Jack-wolfrider(?). He grew up equally with both, that could explain some things about him.
    Appearance: Here. He stands about 3’9’’. His has tan skin, emerald green eyes and deep red hair (that’s shaggy mostly, but he has a long ponytail that’s low on the back of his head tied with a black cloth). He has a crimson tattoo under his right eye and both shoulders, and on the bottom of his wrist. Living out in the desert he doesn’t need much clothing, usually wearing brown sandals, and a black loincloth that’s lined with a bright red. He has two golden bangles on his right arm with a piece of black cloth tied to his arm near his shoulder. He has a small dagger straped to his leg, with metal plates strapped onto his shins. His ears are pierced, two on the right one on the right.
    Personality: He’s never sad. Zekekii is always one for smiles and finds anything, no matter how incredibly boring to others, fascinating. Zek rather dance than walk, and rather smile than cry. Nothing bothers this man; he has the imagination and creativity of a 3 year old on shrooms. The world to him is a playground, and he intends on keeping it that way. Annoying him is seemingly impossible, as is getting him angry. Though he has bouts of childish-tantrums at random objects, he’ll never yell at a person. No one can help but smile when they encounter him, for he is as innocent as it gets. He is a schemer though, but can keep secrets. Actually come to think of it Zekekii is just one walking contradiction. Unfortunately that makes him hard to understand at times.
    He also often talks to himself.
    History: Zek was never one to sit still; he was constantly inventing and adventuring, like any normal child would. Sadly though, his wolffriend died. Zekekii was devastated by this, and for a long time he was anti-social and depressed. It just happened one day, when looking up at the sun he suddenly smiled. Sense then he has acted strange to most, he lives bit from the oasis, near an old dead tree. There he plays his flute and dances almost every night, except every seventh day. Where instead he chooses to keep quiet and stare up at the star-filled sky.
    Power: TBR!
    Skills: He plays the flute, and dances. He can create any animal with the shadows of his hands. He’s also rather good at making clothing and telling stories with no importance. Zek shows great skill in melee combat, though he usually only dodges…
    Family: Mother’s name was Talinat (sunfolk) and his father was Ariat (wolfrider).
    Other: nothing.

Lizardfriend’s Name: Kozu of the Sand
    First?: Lizard yes.
    Appearance: A large (about the size of a wolf) lizard with brown scales, a tan underbelly, long claws, and black eyes (think Komodo Dragon)
    Temperment: Kozu is a very good listener, he’ll (or at least, Zek thinks Kozu is a he) give anyone an ear and never spills a secret. He is Zek’s best and closest friend, able to understand the boy (man) no matter how strange he acts. Kozu never makes a noise, but he can be seen bobbing his head to Zek’s tunes occasionally.
    Other: Kozu is *very* strong, and seems to deal with temperature change better then a lizard should, he can easily keep up with a wolf and is quite intimidating because his species has never been seen before.

ty for approving Kozu Asi~

Zek of the Sun
    The temperature's rising
    You search the horizon
    And there's not a cloud in the sky
    So dance, this is the night of our lives

“Argh!!!”

That rather annoyed voice echoed out over the desert from one particular and rather dead tree. The sun was setting, the temperature was beginning to drop, and soon enough sweet little children would be in their beds dreaming of either monsters or stupidly funny things. It was to be assumed, that most adults (if they could truly be called adults) would go to bed as well, it made sense, perfect logical sense that at some point or another, everyone, somewhere, slept. People would look out for each other; it’s what friends, comrades, and what-have-you did for each other.

So exactly why was one particular person by this dead tree, by himself, obviously not even trying to sleep?

Because he was troubled…

Bursting out from the sand with a cough and a very large frown was a person, 3’9’’ (though he claimed four) exactly. His red hair turning messy as he desperately brushed the sand out of it and fixed his ponytail. His eyes, emerald and bright with determination (and a hidden anger), focused solely on the criminal who had so easily thrown him into the sand (head first) and *laughed* at him. Yes, this person had to pay, though Zekekii (as that was the boy’s (man’s) name ) had to admit a retaliation was a normal reaction. He supposed for a small moment that someone trying to bend you all the way over would be painful.

He lifted his hand out of the sand and accusing pointed his flute towards the flinger of sunfolk. “Don’t fling Zek! He has no wings to fly with!”

The tree had no reply, even as Zek got up and further brushed himself off before stomping back over to the pale grey trunk of the opponent.

“Ooooh, no reply has the flinger-of-Zek!?” He stubbornly kicked the overgrown plant and cringed has his poor toes cracked and ached. “OWW!” Zek paused, he was standing on one foot, clinging his other, hand with flute held high in the air as his companion Kozu stared at him with a silent gaze. “The tree did not listen to Zek! Only wanted to break oversized seed and tree protested!”

Kozu was a rather large lizard, with dark brown scales and almost black eyes. He had claws that rivaled the sharpest of knives and spears, and a forked tongue that Zekekii admired. The reptile stared at Zek with a new sort of stare, one of subtle amusement.

“Scaled-one could not do any better,” Zek smiled. “Lizard eats meat not seeds; obviously he knows not what Zekekii speaks of.”

Kozu moved past Zek with only the grace a reptile could have and picked the seed up in his jaws. With seconds the seed had buckled under the strength of Kozu’s bite and split into two (admittedly not cleanly). The lizard dropped the two halves back on the strategically placed rock his Elf friend had been using and looked back at the boy.

“Brilliant!” Zek exclaimed, jumping into the tree before leaping back down next to the rock. “Zek knew Kozu could do it! One with jaws stronger than any wolf! Don’t doubt self silly lizard.”

Kozu blinked slowly, and flicked his tongue at Zek, who was hurried drinking the precious milk from inside the shell. Zekekii graciously looked at the lizard again and pushed one half of the seed towards his friend. The reptile blinked at it and quickly began to lap up the liquid instead, but left the edible insides for the elf.

“Too kind Kozu, Zek appreciates your large-animal-only diet.” He grinned, and, slipping out his knife from the strap on his leg, Zek proceeded to peel away at the inside and chow down quickly after. “Did Kozu dance with birds today?”

Kozu coughed, and out from his mouth, fluttered a feather. Zek blinked.

“Feathered flyer not know the steps?”

Kozu shrugged as best a large, meat-eating lizard could.

“Silly bird, it should’ve known it’s left from rights.” The man laughed, and twirled his knife in his fingers. “Or perhaps up from any direction, as that is the only one you and Zek cannot go.”

The lizard flicked its tongue again and smiled.

Then came a feeling Zekekii didn’t recall, for the briefest of instances he thought perhaps he had recognized Kozu. Surely that will end horribly for Kozu, Zekekii doesn’t want to break poor lizard’s heart. But then he noted how it practically dragged him towards the north. His expression was not one of a child, or a happy man, but a mature, grown, serious individual who seemed to be contemplating a life’s journey. But in an instance it was gone, back to Zek of the Sun, who took notice that the sun was disappearing quickly.

“Kozu!” The lizard looked at him with a curious gaze. “We must go!” He grinned, and tied his flute onto his waist while finishing off the rest of the overgrown seed. “The sun has told Zek what he must do!” Kozu seemed to perk up at his friend saying this, and watched as the elf snapped a branch off the tree and twirled it. Zek paused, staring at the very large reptile with a sheepish grin. “Could a dancer catch a ride on the scaled caravan?”

The reptile flicked his tongue, and whether he liked it or not, has a small elf now on his back. Zekekii pointed his stick towards the north and lightly kicked Kozu in the sides. “Hi ho silver! AWAY- YARGGHHHH!!”

Kozu took off, as Zek landed head-first in the sand.

“Kozu of the sand!! WAIT FOR ZEK!!!”

Feel free to tag Zekekii viewing the palace or somewhere around there lolz

Name: Jonas, Heart of Wolves
    Soul Name: Keian (pronounces key-en)
    Tribe: Wolfrider
    Appearance: 4'4", athletic build, sandy brown hair, short and rough beard that is slightly darker than the rest of his hair, piercing green eyes, a very thin horizontal scar on his face traces from under his left eye all the way across his left ear, has a birthmark between his shoulder blades that is the Wolfrider symbol for Hunter. He wears dark, dark green leather jerkins (almost look black), a black long sleeve shirt, and a forest green leather vest. He is always seen with a thin leather strap around his neck with a star superimposed inside a heart poorly shaped out of wood. He is rarely seen without his longbow slung across his back and is often seen carrying a long staff.
    Personality: He is very quiet and tends to keep things to himself these days. He talks and communicates with his wolffriend more than he does people. When he does talk with people there is almost always a tone of deep pain, sadness and bitterness. Sometimes it is glaring and sometimes it is subtle but it is almost always there. He jumps forward to defend those who deserve and need it but doesn't hang around for thanks. He seems to avoid his own tribe.
    History: Jonas was born to very prominent parents in the Wolfrider tribe. He grew up to be everything a Wolfrider is supposed to be. Kind, adventurous, fierce in battle, strong sense of honor and duty to the tribe. At an early age he proved himself one of the best warriors in the tribe. When he was only 30 he was recognized by a fellow Wolfrider named Nela, Song of the Winds. They fell in love quickly and became lifemates before their first child was born. They named their first child Moja and he grew up to be much like his father. Shortly after Jonas turned 108 they learned Nela was with child again. They were both delighted when she gave birth to their daughter Rena. A couple of years later when Cutter mobilized the Wolfriders, Jonas and Moja dutifully joined him without question. During the war with the humans and trolls Moja was killed in battle. A few years later, when Jonas was still fighting for Cutter in the war, a group of trolls raided their home while most of the warriors were away. Nela and their now 5 year old daughter were both killed in the raid. When he found out upon his return he was horribly grief stricken. He sat in their home for days refusing to say anything or to even eat. Many think he didn't even sleep in those few days. Finally, after about four days he emerged with a dark and solemn look on his face. Without uttering a word to anyone he left the tribe, taking only a few memento's of his family with him. He vowed if he ever saw Cutter again he would kill him for involving the Wolfriders in the war that claimed his lifemate and children.
    Power: Treeshaper (extremely powerful but has only awakened to a fraction of his potential)
    Skills: He is an extremely skilled wood craftsman, the finest bowman among all Wolfriders, and deadly with a long staff. Fairly good cook, too.
    Family: He is not only widowed but cursed with the pain of having outlived his own children. His only family now is his wolffriend, Kira. He tries to avoid people of all species as he is afraid one day he will lose control of the rage he still carries over his families death. He only bares hatred for one person for this, Cutter, but under the wrong circumstances he fears anyone might suffice.
    Other:

Wolffriend Name: Kira
    Fourth: Kira is the fourth wolffriend Jonas has bonded to in his life but she is a direct descendant of his first and she was orphaned not two years after his wife and daughter died so they bonded as closely as any Wolfrider can to their wolffriend.
    Appearance: Kira has sleek jet black fur and eerily sparkling violet eyes. She is average size for an adult female wolf but her tail and fangs are slightly longer than average. She is also missing one of the minor teeth next to her right fang.
    Temperament: She views Jonas as her father and is extremely protective of him. Unless he is being threatened, however, she is actually much more personable than him. It is not uncommon that she finds a way to try and encourage him to associate with his own kind (elves in general, not just Wolfriders) as she feels sad that he keeps no other company than herself.
    Other: If Jonas meets anyone when they're not in danger, chances are it is because of some stunt Kira has orchestrated.

Jonas, Heart of Wolves
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past you can't let go, the future you can't resist........

Jonas looked to the sky at the receding light of day. It would be time for the hunt soon. Not that it mattered when he hunted any more. He never did so with more company than Kira. In fact he generally did his best to avoid the tribes hunting parties altogether. He scarcely crossed paths with any of them and when he did it was only because some foolish hunter had bitten off more prey than they could manage and needed his protection to avoid falling prey themselves. Even in those rare moments of contact he never hesitated long enough to stomach a conversation or even accept thanks. Jonas had washed his hands near completely of the rule of Cutter.

Still, the forests surrounding the Forbidden Grove were his home and he still felt the need to protect them. Someone had to remain ever vigilant and he was more capable than most. As he double checked the pull of his bow and contemplated his hunting trail for the evening Kira slid from behind him, nuzzling her head at his side under his arm. She took a step as if to lead him but as always waited patiently for his decision.

"You truly think you're clever, don't you young lady?" Jonas looked at her with a knowing parental grin as his hand slid up to scratch her thoughtfully behind the ear. "We'll not be going that way. I can practically smell the hunting party from here and I know they've been hunting closer and closer to that trail for nights now. What will you try next? Faking a wounded paw so I have to take you to the tribe's healers?"

Kira let out a short disappointed whimper before conceding and shifting her weight in the other direction. Satisfied and with his gear secured he slid up onto her back and stroked her shoulder a few times before leaning down to kiss her head much like a father might their daughters.

"I know you mean well Kira. We're fine on our own, though. Now let's go find us a deer," he said affectionately and the pair set off into the woods.

The night's hunt began as any others. It didn't take long for the seasoned hunter to pick up the trail of his intended prey. Before they had tracked it even a quarter league, however, Jonas was suddenly struck by something. An overwhelming feeling came over him. One not unlike the sensation of recognizing and yet somehow nothing like it. It was certainly as strong, though, if his memory served him correctly. The urge to suddenly travel eastwards was overpowering.

At first Jonas tried to ignore it, stubborn as he was, and continue the hunt but not even minutes passed before he knew he could not ignore it. He could not simply leave so summarily either, though. There was something he had to do first.

Kira grew puzzled for a moment when Jonas suddenly nudged her in a direction away from the hunt. Her confusion faded when she discerned where they were headed. It wasn't uncommon for Jonas to randomly go there at a moments thought without reason. In fact he did it often.

The pair trudged quickly through the woods till they breached a small beautiful clearing lined with flowers. Some of them were native to the Forbidden Grove but one type of flower, a violet lily found only in the frozen north growing amidst the fields of snow, shouldn't even be able to survive in this climate.They all bloomed in full, however, and year round despite reason. Jonas made sure of it.

In the center of the clearing stood three small stone markers. In those markers were carved three names. Before he could go anywhere he had to come here. He couldn't do anything without first coming here.

As Jonas slid off of Kira's back she edged back into the treeline. She heard her name from time to time when Jonas was there and knew that he talked of her but somehow respected that she should not enter the clearing herself. She could remember coming here since she was just a little pup and not once had Jonas ever invited her into the clearing. Somehow she always sensed not to try otherwise.

Like always Jonas entered the clearing to the three stones and slid to his knees. He talked softly enough that Kira could only understand every few words he said.

"Hello Nela. I trust you and the kids are well. I know Moja can be a handful sometimes and he doesn't always listen but I'm certain he looks after Rena properly whenever you need it. Does Rena still sing that lullaby of yours? I always thought she had the prettiest voice in the tribe. In any tribe. You have to make sure she never stops singing. I hope you haven't let her get discouraged about her carvings either. You know I still wear the one she made for me before I left with that last warparty. A few of her early pieces were a little rough but she shows real talent for such arts," as he spoke Jonas never noticed the tears welling up in his eyes. "Listen, I know I have been to visit at the start of every cycle of the moons but I may be away for the next few. Something to the east has summoned me and I have to answer."

He stopped for a moment to clear the tears from his eyes. He looked around as his nose crinkled in a sniffle. Suddenly he saw Kira and knew it was time his family met her. Jonas never quite understood why he had kept them to himself all this time but it was certainly time now for introductions before they left.

"Kira, come here," he said softly and despite her timid expression she obeyed and walked to his side and sat beside him looking at the three stone markers. He hugged her tightly before looking back at them himself. "This is Kira, Nela. I know I never introduced her before but I promise she's every bit the wolf I said she was. I told you she was almost the spitting image of Rishca generations removed. She has the same unbreakable spirit, too. Anyway, I just wanted you to see I wouldn't be alone. Kira watches over me and she protects me as fiercely as..... as fiercely as Moja did. So you needn't worry about me. I love you Nela. Tell the children I love them. And I promise I'll be back. It might take some time depending how far the call but I'll return. I promise I'll be back before both moons shine full again. Goodbye my love."

He kissed his hand and placed it gingerly upon the central stone. Next he turned to the right stone and slid his hand softly along it's edges, "Goodbye Moja, my brave son." Finally he looked to the left most stone and again kissed his hand and gently pressed it to the top of the third stone, "Goodbye my beautiful baby Rena."

They lingered there for a moment in silence. They stayed as long as Jonas could, resisting the pull that felt to rend his very soul from his body should he not give way to it. Eventually he had no recourse but to go. The pair stood together and walked to the edge of the clearing where Jonas cast one last glance back at it as Kira nudged his side reassuringly. As the last glance faded Jonas once again climbed onto Kira's back and the pair set off. Eastward they went unsure of what might lay ahead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OOC: Jonas would have traveled in sight of but not with those traveling from the Forbidden Grove. He would have made every effort to keep to himself in spite of Kira (his wolffriend) making every effort to get him to mingle with the others. Keep it in mind for anyone making travel posts.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Name: Windsong

TRIBE: Sunfolk, her home is in the middle of the Burning Waste called Sorrow's End. An oasis which she helps tend to the farming, watches over the animals, weaves and makes jewelry out of metal.
    APPEARANCE: Windsong is slender in build 3ft 5in. small but agile and strong. She usually wears a long full skirt color of the sun and water....bright vivid colors. A tank top the color of water that fits loose so the warm breeze cools her body. She has the deepest green eyes that everyone notices right off. Her eyes are soft yet all knowing and sees things that others do not. Her hair is thick, curly, long down to her waist, golden-reddish brown with strands ,color of the sun, running through it. She has bangs that reach the middle of her eyes that she brushes to the side. When working you will find her hair softly braided back but when not she wears it down. At times she wears a hat or flowers in her hair. (she loves flowers) Her skin is soft and tan She has a cloak to wear at night when the air gets cool and loves going barefoot but has a pair of sandels and shoes that she wears. She wears a necklace that she treasures. It was given to her by her lifemate when they had recognized. (he had died right before their daughter was born) Often, she looks down at it and a tear would come to her eye. She wears a pouch on her side when she ventures outside the oasis. She has a basket filled with a trowel, seeds, gorde full of water, etc.
    PERSONALITY: She is very gentle, kind and caring to all but......if you get her back up against the wall you give her no other choice then to fight back and fight back she does. Very protective of her daughter, Ruya. (played by Kuro char.) She is quiet, soft spoken but not shy and will speak her mind if need be. Usually tells it like it is but in a way not to hurt anyone unless they deserve it. People tend to go to her when they need help to solve their differences. She loves to laugh and likes to make others laugh and tries to see the bright side of every situation. You can often catch her humming a tune that she had learned from her father. A soft gentle tune that makes one feel rested and at peace. When you have eye contact with her you get a gentle smile coming back at you.......with a feeling that she "knows". There are things about her that she keeps to herself though, memories..... of long ago that are too painful to think about. At times, you can see a saddness on her face but when she knows someone sees she quickly smiles and turns away.
    HISTORY: She grew up in Sorrow's End. Her ancestor was SunToucher, who she is told to have his abilities and just now starting to see that she does. But not quite sure how. SunToucher had the ability to know thoughts of others and nature. Also, he can use the wind and weather to do his bidding for the good of his people. Sorrow's End is all that she has known but have heard stories of other elf clans from the wolfriders that have come and some stayed and others left. Raised by her parents til one day some Wolfriders came and her father ended up leaving with them.
    Power: Windshaper: has the power to shape the wind and weather. Started noticing that she had this power when one year the crops were dying cause of lack of rain.....her people were upset of no rain and she started to cry.... the wind started to move and whipped up the clouds and then the rains came. Didn't think much of this til it happened a few months later and it happened again. This bothered Windsong for she didn't know what to make of it. That is when she was told by her mother of her ancestor SunToucher that he too had this power. Also, she has the ability of knowing or a "gut feeling" of what others are thinking. Still learning these things and not quite sure how to control them ..it comes and goes and still not sure what to make of it all. Learning to master it but was told it will take time.
    SKILLS: Farming, tending to animals, weaving, making jewelry made of beaten metal and silk making. Learned how to use a bow (but never had to use it) by her lifemate, whom she had recognition and had a child with. He taught her so when she needed to survive she could use that to help protect her and their daughter. A good mediator.
    FAMILY: Her mother, then there is her Father and brother, who left one day with some wolfriders that had come. , Windsong's lifemate, who died and keeps the memory of him to herself and then she has a daughter and her name is Ruya.

NAME: WINDSONG

The day had been a long hot one, with watering the plants early in the morning to helping mother with the weaving. And in between helped a couple of friends with an arguement they were having. The three of us sat down and talked and when we were done we were laughing and enjoying a meal together. A typical day for me you could say. As the sun was close to the horizon, I was sitting with my mother rebraiding my long hair getting ready to head out to bed down the animals for the night.

I placed my cloak over my shoulders, as the air was getting cooler, and headed out. I remember turning and smiling at Mother as I left and said good night. I made it a point to tell her good night and not when I got back Iike I usually do, I guess it was one of those "gut" feelings I get. But soon my thoughts turned to Fion as I wound around the curve of the trail that led to the stables. We had recognized and had Ruya. Remembering the time on this very trail, where just off the oasis, I had found him almost dead. Nursing him back to health we realized that he had no recollection of who he was or where he had come from. Sadly right before Ruya was born he was killed by trolls. But the times before his death were happy ones and it was these that I was thinking of when I had reached the stables, smiling. I fed and watered the animals and then went over to Willow, my Zwoot. Most days you would find me happy and humming and helping others but on some nights when all is quiet a saddness would come over me and I would go riding on Willow to feel the wind on my face and help me feel better. Fion had gotten Willow for me and as I hugged Willow, I whispered to her "Not tonight, Willow, not tonight".

I started humming the tune Fion had taught me as I closed the gate behind me. He didn't remember how he knew the tune but he did and he would hum it and I started to do so too. It was a peaceful tune and in these times being without him I found comfort in it. There are times I would catch myself thinking of the days when Fion was alive and the fun times we had.

The sun had just reached the horizon by this time and having to get up early I started walking back. Still humming, my mind drifted to the other day where I had whipped up the wind to stir the clouds that brought rain to our thirsty plants. Strange as these powers may seem, I have accepted the gifts that I was born with, the same as my ancestor SunToucher had. Smiling, I was remembering the first time Ruya was there as I did this and she began to jump up and down and coming over giving me a hug. She was younger then and was around more, but lately keeping to herself. I worry about her but I know she needs to figure things out on her own and she knows I am there if she needs me.

Suddenly, without warning, I got a jolt that stopped me in my tracks. Brushing my banes away from my eyes I looked around to the North, wondering what it meant. "No, please NOO".........had I had a recognition!? Looking all around and saw no one I got another jolt stronger then before. " My heart belongs to Fion.......I do not want this" I yelled...."No" Resisting the feeling I started running to get away. When I had reached the curve in the trail I received another jolt, this time even stronger that brought me to my knees. With a pain in my heart, I looked up and slowly got to my feet brushing my clothes off and turned to the North again................this time knowing, I did not recognized........it was almost the same yet it was different. I was being called, a call to go and to go NOW. I was being pulled and urge to leave tonight. To head North.

As I hurried to get my things, I noticed someone riding off and heading North......was that Zek? Did he get the jolt too, did he have that strong urge to head North? I was about to yell to him but he had vanished into the night. My thoughts quickly went to hurrying up to get my things, not really sure what to expect or how long I will be gone but I just knew I had to go.

I hurried back to Willow and as I got to her I said, "I guess it is tonight after all Willow........ "tonight we ride."
    Last edited by Miryawind; 19th May 2009 at 10:56 AM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAME: Varik
    SOULNAME: Bal
    TRIBE: GoBacks

APPEARANCE: Spiky, unruly dark brown hair that goes down a couple of inches from his shoulders. He has clear blue eyes( so blue it almost looks white). Slender build, 4'4. He wears a fur-lined bandana, when not weaing his hood. When he is going to battle or about to hunt he will don his long tooth cat hood.(The hood part is the cats head with its longest teeth shielding his temples. He has added antlers to the hood from his first mount as a tribute to it. Has a fur lined tunic that runs down a hands length from his knee with a large heavy belt to hold his dagger and sword. Fur lined leather pants that are stuffed into his knee high boots. When out and about in the cold wilderness hunting for food or trolls he often wears his muffler which is wrapped around the bottom half of his face and trails down his back. (sorta like a cloak) All the fur that lines his clothing is a light gray or white and the leather is a darker gray. (I will be drawing this char to better describe what he looks like 0o.)

PERSONALITY:Enjoys hunting whether it be for food or trolls. Gets frustrated alot when things are going to slow or when around strangers. He prefers the company of his tribe for he thinks they are the only ones worthy of his attention. He sees other tribes as weak or beneath him but not as a snobby way just that they arent as hardened as his people are. Loves to be around his own tribe but also has times when he just needs to be alone out in the wild. He'd spend days on end out surviving the harsh wilderness to heighten his ability to hunt and survive.

HISTORY: Raised to be a hunter, Varik started out as a elk-herder as a young boy before he was old enough for his first hunt. At the age of 15 he was able to go on his first hunting party for trolls. Through the years he has continued to fight along side his father, acquiring many scars along his body and face. During one particular battle against the trolls who have tried to take his tribes hunting grounds,(Varik is now about 18) Varik's father tragically died from a spear in his lung. Seeing his fathers death put Varik in a mad rage causing him to dash blindly into a group of well armed war trolls. Fighting blindling he hoped that he would join his Father in death not wanting to go on. Swinging his blade at the angry and warpainted faces of the trolls that have killed his Father, Varik roared as bloodthirsty as a hungry long toothed cat. Hacking and slicing he cut threw the hordes of trolls on either side of him, the snow that had drifted white where now bloody. His face, which was clear when he woke the morning before the attack, was now a mask of running blood. He ignored the searing pain that screamed at him with every swing of his blade for a troll had sliced the length of his shoulder blade almost to the bone. After a time Varik had killed most of the trolls who havent run away, standing there among the dead he dropped down to his knees and yelled to the heavens. Since then Varik swore to be stronger to protect his tribe and protect his Mother. (he has gained a large scar running down his shoulderblade that he touches whenever he remembers his father or about to go into battle.)

POWER: ShapeShifter. He still doesnt know that he has this power but in his earlier years he would feel the instincts of the long toothed cats that roamed the tundra. ( More will come of this during the RPG)

SKILLS: Highly skilled with the short sword and daggers. A very well trained hunter who can hear farther and track down almost anything. He's a survivalist who can withstand the elemants.

FAMILY: His Father Elkep who died when Varik was only 18 during a battle against the wartrolls. Raised him to be a fighter and a protecter of his tribe. Ivarra his mother is still alive and well. Has no siblings or lifemate.
    ~~~~~Varik~~~~
    The wind carries us towards the future......whether we like it or not....

The night air brushed its icy fingers through Varik's hair as if it were his lover. He stood out in the harsh cold as he has done for as long as he could remember. It was calming to him, the way the wind twirled the snowdrifts against his fur-lined boots. Looking down from his perch atop a small snow covered hill, Varik watched as the soft amber glow of his tribe's campfires twinkled in an out of sight. The wind was picking up and was making the visiblility next to nothing. Sighing he began down the hill, trudging through the knee high snow banks.

Brushing past the thick animal furs that made up the door that lead into a deep cavern, Varik was welcomed by his mother Ivarra. She was holding a large candle to navigate through the dark parts of the cave. " The weather getting bad out there Varik?" she asked, worry etching her question. Varik smiled, "Think it will be as white as a newborn fawns belly." he said as he brushed his hood off his head. She had changed ever since her lovemate had died years before. Varik didnt like to see his mother like this, he remembered his mother being a proud elk-herder. But now, it seemed that a flame in her had died and only left cold embers. Nodding she brightened, "Well then, best I get to bed if I'm going to be able to dig my way to the barn." Giving her only son a tight hug, they said their goodnights and went down seperate tunnels.

Lying on his back Varik stretched and stifled a yawn with his fist. The large furs for his bedding felt good compaired to the hardened tundra floor he'd been sleeping on for about 5 days. In those days he'd been stalking down small troll hunting parties, just to the south of his tribe's home. Turning on his side Varik rubbed his left shoulderblade, feeling the deep scar which ran the length of his back. Yawning again he drifted into a deep sleep.

~~~"Go......" A whisper echoed in his chamber. Jolting up with a dagger inhand Varik panned his sleeping chamber. He was alone, sighing he fell back onto his furs. "Ehh...just a dream" he breathed as he closed his eyes. As he shut them an image flared across his mind. A large Palace reached high into the sky, taller than the mountains that gathered around his tribe's cavern. "Go......Now!" he heard the whisper within his head, it seemed closer....louder. His eyes snapped open, and he quickly stood up. " Not a dream. What is this....?" he began. It was a feeling he had never felt before, a need for something, to be somewhere. It seemed to grab his mind and pull him, it couldn't be ignored.

As the minutes passed from the time he had awoke to the time he was saddling his elk, the pull turned from a timid fawn to a ragging buck. Securing his dagger to the saddle alongside his rations, Varik looked back up the hill towards his tribe's cavern, it was harly noticable in the whiteout. His elk snorted impatienly ready for the ride,turning towards the southeast Varik mounted the large beast. Throwing his muffler around to protect his mouth and neck from the cold, Varik kicked the sides of the elk, heading towards the ever growing pull.
    "Oh thanks, you saved a playground full of schoolkids from a melted funclock!"

"And Out of the Sands of Time, Will Rise, Two Pillars where She will be Waiting for the Only....One......Who will Duel for Earth"

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Name: Sebas Keeper of the Red Eyes
    Soul Name: Lairn
    Tribe: Wolf-Rider
    Appearance: Sebastian is about 4'6" with short white hair which doesn't reach past his ears. He is an albino so his eyes are they deepest read and shaped like a wolfs. His skin is completely white a soft pale white, though he doesn't get sunburnt like most other albino's. He normally wears a green leather jerkin with greenish yellow leather pants, he also wears a dark green cape which covers his hair and eyes some people don't notice his affliction.
    Personality: Because of his appearence Sebastian has become a bit of a recluse because of his pale complexion so when he does let someone into his life he will be very protective of them. This is because of his very latchy nature and need to be close to other people who will not make fun of him. Other then that he will be completely silent and only talk to his wolf friend, for anyone to get close to him they would have to go to great lengths to even make first contact.
    History: As mentioned before Sebastian is an albino elf, so he is seen as a bit of an outcast since the tribe thinks he is the result of black magic. Because of this reason he was alone for most of his life until he met his wolf friend Miriath who he found one day wandering through the Forbidden forest. Miriath was also an albino and that is why she was thrown out just after she was born. Sebastian has an older sister as well the age difference was a problem for him since she is 200 years older then he is so she was always telling him what to do and how to do it.
    Power: Rockshaper
    Skills: Sebastian is quite proficient with most weapons, in his solitude he got bored and decided to muck around with them when he was a kid. He has also become quite profficient at hiding since he normally likes to be un-noticed.
    Family:
    Mother was Sacrilon and father was Koritrath, his sister is called Trialyth.
    Other: Nothing I can think of.

Wolffriend Name:
    Miriath Whitehair
    First?: Yes she is Sebastian's first wolf friend
    Appearance: She is a beautiful albino wolf with dark red eyes
    and red markings on either side of her face.
    Temperment: She is a very gentle wolf but if Sebastian is ever in danger then she will become very very angry.
    Other: None

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A small group of fire flies buzz through the air as they light up the night sky bringing light to anyone that is near. Sebas admired the fire flies as he sat idely by on a nearby stump just thinking about the world and how insignificant he is compared to the size of the world. He watched more intently as the fire flies moved over to him dancing in front of his eyes like stars in the night sky, he put out his hand in front of his face and watched as one of the tiny bugs lands on it before walking up and down his arm. Miriath let out a tiny growl and snapped at the fire fly thinking it was a threat.

"What did you do that for?" asked Sebas as he watched the fire fly rejoin the group and fly back into the dark forest "That wasn't very nice" Miriath looked down like a child scorned by a parent. "Oh I am sorry" consoled Sebas as he ran his fingers through Miriath's beatiful white fur as she lay behind him on the soft green grass. "Well do you want to get something to eat then?" questioned Sebas as he looked to for confirmation from Miritah. Her response was her wolfen eyes lighting up at the prospect of food and pushed her head through his legs throwing him onto her back.

The sound from a grand horn resounded through the forest causing birds to scatter from the tree tops. "Oh no" sighed Sebas "It sounds like the nightly hunt is about to begin. We better be quick about our own hunt not to interfere" Twigs snapped underfoot as Miriath's lithe paws propel her body through the trees of the forbidden forest. "Smell that?" asked Sebas as his keen nose sniffs the scent of the forest life, Miriath gives him another nod as she heads in the direction Sebas pointed. Before long the duo game across a family of deer prancing through the forest, Miriath ran into the middle of the pack while Sebas jumped off her back and pull out a small knife from its sheath and with one quick strike he fell one of the deer and picks it up while the other deer have the chance to escape.

After a fair amount of skinning and fire building Sebas sat down beside the newly made campfire he began to cook the deer as he looked up at the stars and had that insignificant feeling again as he marvelled at how beautiful they look and how he wished he could go to all of them. After comtemplating the futility of life for a few minutes he was snapped back to reality by Miriath nudging him in the back. "Ok ok, here you go" Sebas said as he flung a peice of meat towards Miriath and watched as she hungrily ate it. Suddenly he felt something very strange, it wasn't something he normally felt. It was something like a yearning for a road never travelled, something was calling out to him. The these feelings got stronger and stronger as images started to flicker through his mind, a magnificent castle which seemed so strange yet as if he had lived there his whole life. Feeling the compulsion to travel he finished off the rest of his half of the deer and climbed onto Miriath's back "Come on, we have to get going" with that order Miriath began to run as fast as she can to the edge of the forest.

After about 5 minutes into the journey Sebas began to feel as if he was being followed, he looked to his right and he could sense 3 more people. It seemed all of them were heading in the same direction he was, 2 of them were travelling together while the 3rd was keeping their distance. "I wonder what happening" Sebas thought to himself as he continued to ride "Are these people going to the same place as me, either that or its a huge coincidence, I guess I will find out soon enough"

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Name: Ruya, Eyes of the Sky
    Soul Name: Rana-khur ("to gaze at the sun") (Note: has a Soul Name because she's mixed)
    Tribe: The Sun Folk/????? (raised at Sorrow's End)
    Appearance: About 4'2 (on the taller side for a female elf) with a slender frame, Ruya does not have the appearance of one who generally works in the field. She has the standard tan skin of the Sun Folk, but her light colored hair and eyes tell of her mixed background. In stark contrast to her skin, her hair is pure white, short and layered in the back and slightly longer in the front. Her eyes are a shimmering gold that are reminiscent of the sun, but they are generally covered with a black blindfold (explained in History). She wears loose-fitting white pants of soft cotton that are fitted tight at the ankles (think Arabian style), white slippers and a halter top of crisscrossing silks of bright blues. Also wears two large gold bracelets.
    Personality: Generally calm and soft-spoken, Ruya tends to spend a lot of time alone, lost inside herself. However, she is still friendly and not opposed to company when it's there. She believes that those with power have a responsibility to help others and has a strong sense of justice.
    History: Ruya is a child of strange circumstances. Her mother, Windsong, one of Sun Folk, found a strange man with white hair lying outside of Sorrow's End, half-dead and with no memory of where he came from. As she nursed him back to health, they Recognized each other and conceived Ruya. However, Ruya never got to meet her father. Before she was born, a band of trolls that had apparently been hunting her father down, found him and murdered him, leaving the truth of his origin forever a mystery. After Ruya was born, her mother raised her alone. As Ruya grew, her strong ability with Magic quickly began to surface. She soon became an expert with Magic Sense, and was viewed by the rest of the Sun Folk as a kind of prophet; sensing approaching danger, tracking locations of food and water, and even sensing changes in weather.
    However, as her power grew stronger, she began to develop strange and rare form of Magic Sense known as "Death Sight". Around the age of 30, she began to see a sickle-shaped symbol appear on the foreheads of some of her kinsfolk (like this: http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/17/178.html ). After she saw the symbol, anywhere from several days to a couple months later, that individual would die (either of sickness, attack, accident, etc), and she began to realize that she was able to see those that were "marked" for death. She wouldn't be able to predict exactly how or when it would happen, only that it was imminent and unavoidable. Being able to foresee and ponder the death of the people around her, but not being able to do anything to stop it, began to drive Ruya insane. In order to block out her Death Sight, she covered her eyes with a black blindfold, like a shadow blocking out the sun, so that she could no longer see the people around her, only taking it off when she was sure she was alone. Even though she was blind, she was still able to navigate herself around using her Magic Sense and sharpened hearing. Since then she has vowed to discovered the secret of her lineage in hopes that it might shed some light on her power and if there is any way to remove it.
    Power: Magic Sense - Can instantly memorize the magical signature of anyone she meets, and can sense also sense the presence and activity of unknown ones. She has also honed her skills enough that she can sense the spirits residing in everything around her, from people, to plants and animals, to the very rocks of the earth. She can also send our her own spirit to locate thing from far away. The people of Sorrow's End generally come to her for tracking purposes, and they also rely on her to warn them of any approaching magical energy. She also has an advanced and rare form of Sensing known as Death Sight (explained in History), but avoids using it whenever possible.
    Skills: While she's not very skilled at hand-to-hand combat, she's useful to have around for tracking over long distances, defense (since she can sense approaching danger), and strategy. She's also skilled with a needle and made all of her own clothing.
    Family: Mother: Windsong (miryawind's character), Father: Unknown (deceased), but the people of Sorrow's End called him Fiongall, The White Stranger. Because of her blindfold, she has yet to enter into Recognition and therefore has no mate or children yet.(but this might make for a interesting plot twist later, if anyone is interested? lol)
    Other: Knows Aroree by name, but has never seen what she looks like. (As long as that's ok with you, Dru? ^_~) Any other connections are welcome, just PM me.

BTW, I drew her: http://kurokakumei.deviantart.com/ar...-Sky-119933464

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Ruya, Eyes of the Sky
    **Even when you shut your eyes, the Truth shines through...**

"Miss Ruya, are you sure?" Savah, the leader of the Sun Folk, asked, a sound of tentative relief in her voice.
    I nodded my head solemnly. "Yes, M'Lady. My Senses tell me there is a storm coming this way, across the Waste. It shouldn't be too long now before we are blessed with rain. However, if you find we are truly desperate for it, I'm sure my mother would be more than willing to assist you in hurrying it along." I gave a small smile as I indicated my mother, Windsong, who wasn't here at moment, but whom I knew well enough to vouch for her.
    "Very well," Savah continued. I could almost hear her nodding. "I don't think it will be necessary, but I will contact you again if I need you."
    "Of course, Lady Savah." I replied.

After Savah left, I found myself in solemn silence once more. The only thing I could hear was the distant sound of the lowing Zwoots and the evening wind as it blew gently through the desert oasis of Sorrow's End. I felt a very distinct drop in temperature, indicating to me that the sun was setting and nighttime was descending on the village. Even though I could no longer see the sunset with my own eyes, my Senses allowed me to appreciate it in a whole other way. So, I didn't mind really. Not seeing... There were things, after all, that I didn't WANT to see. That's why I was doing this in the first place.

I sighed and slowly got to my feet. I suddenly had the desire to go and talk to Aroree. I always felt an odd sort of connection between us, even though we were from different backgrounds. I didn't know about her opinion of me, but I always had considered her a friend.

As I left my hut and made my way down the path toward the outskirts of the village, where Aroree resided. I knew layout of Sorrow's End so well that I barely needed my Magic Sense to navigate anymore. I knew the exactly number of steps, the twists and turns, the obstacles... I could make my way through them with hardly a stumble. Once I got outside the village, however, I needed to rely more on my Magic Sense to be aware of the world around me. It wasn't hard though. Actually, I found it strangely invigorating.

I had almost reached Aroree's place when I stopped dead in my tracks. A strange, overwhelming feeling had suddenly washed over me like a tidal wave. Every inch of me felt it... a pull, a desire... a need. I knew it couldn't have been Recognition. In my current condition that was impossible. Then what was it? As if it were answering my question, a vision began to fill my mind, as vivid as if I were seeing it with my own eyes. A shining palace, colorful and bright, brimming with magical energy that I had never before experienced. And it felt...warm, inviting. As if I knew that I belonged there. That I should've been there all along.

I knew I couldn't wait. I had to go. I quickly made my back to my hut and grabbed a traveling cloak, in case I would come across colder temperatures, and then went to the stable where the Zwoots were kept. As soon as I entered I was surprised to find my Mother, Windsong, already there. I knew her magical signature better than anyone else. What was she doing here at a time like this? Then it occurred to me, as if it were part of the vision, that she must be here for the same reason I was. There was something about her aura that was different than before.

"Mother...." I said, catching her attention.
    "Ruya!" I heard her say. She must have been just as surprised as I was.
    "Did you... feel it too?" I asked, although I felt I already knew the answer.
    "Yes... It looks like we're both going. Wherever it is."
    I nodded. I didn't feel quite so bad about leaving now. At least Mother was going to be coming with me.
    "Grandmother isn't going to be happy," I said, with a hint of amusement in my voice.

Ugh. Lame post is LAME! XD Sorry, for some reason I had the hardest time getting this post written. >_o I'll try to do better next time.

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Vapourmist
    ------------------------------------

He didn’t know what it was. One minute he was with Redlance, about to look after the young cubs while the others went out, and now he was being pulled along by some unseen force, riding his wolf companion Kumar as he felt a tugging at his heart, leading him along. He could sense that Frostfur was some distance ahead of her, no doubt feeling the same pull as him.

”What do you think this is?” he asked his wolfen friend as they ran through the tall grass.

I do not know. It’s too strong to be recognition. Plus, I’m feeling it too.

”Indeed. Did an image of a castle also flash through your mind?”

Yes.

”Quite interesting wouldn’t you say?”

Well, I wouldn’t say that.

He could feel the tug growing stronger, no doubt they were getting closer to whatever was pulling them along. While Mist had no idea what was in store, he still remained calm, and was in fact, quite curious about what this was about.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 23rd April 2009 at 05:19 AM.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Elite Trainer

I edited my first post after seeing some other peoples because I think it would be good to be able to rp a bit of the journey ;D

~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
    The Soul will go where the body cant...

Kiyiya's paws thundered across the forest floor throughout the night, the forest eventually giving way to the rolling plains and soft mud of the riverbank as we followed the river northeast. The call was strong within my mind, it became something that threatened to swallow me whole and wash away my sense of self if I let it overwhelm me. I could vaguely get the sense of confusion coming from Kiyiya about where we were going and why, but I didnt know what to tell her. It didnt make sense, but it was something that couldnt be denied, and though a part of my mind screamed at the that it could be a trap I was powerless to deny it. And so we ran on through the night.
    As the sky in front of us began to lighten, Kiyiya finally began to slow and stop to rest under a grove of weeping willow trees on the bank of the river. Jumping down off her back I felt the urge to continue to run towards the place on the northeast horizon that tugged at my heart, but I was exhausted also, mentally most of all. It was taxing trying to hold onto myself without losing myself in the call completely. I wondered if it were somehow stronger for me due to my skill with Sending. I fell to my knees in the soft grass under the trees, and listened to the panting and lapping of water from Kiyiya. Whatever was calling me would obviously take more than a days journey. We would have to wait out the day and rest until night once again. Thankfully I didnt smell any humans nearby, so this should be a safe camp for the day.

As I lay down on the grass and prepared to rest as much as I could until nightfall I heard the sounds of something approaching. Suddenly alert despite my tiredness I crouched behind the trunk of the great tree and peered around it through its wispy branches. I needn't have worried, because it was another wolfrider, also riding his wolf. I called out to him in a send, and as he neared I saw that Mist had followed. He slid quietly off his wolf and studied me as I came out from behind the tree. <>Mist?<> I sent to him, puzzled. <>Do you also feel the pulling?<> He nodded and spoke softly. "I also see a castle almost like a Send in my mind. What could it be?"
    I shrugged as I glanced over at the wolves which, having drank their fill of the river, lay down in the shade of the tree and quickly fell asleep. <>Something tells me it might be the Palace of the High Ones, from what the elders say the pull from it is strong. But I dont know how it would be this strong all of a sudden.<> I paused, wondering if I should share with him my worries about the call. After all, I wasnt sure about anything yet and there wasnt any use worrying someone for no reason. In the end though I decided it was for the best to tell him, since it was a possibility. <> Im afraid it might be a trap, but even if it is I cant stop myself from going. If I wasnt ready to collapse right now I...<> As if to punctuate my send, my legs began to shake and I was forced to sit down in the grass again. Sighing I gave in to my tiredness and curled up under the tree near my wolf-friend.
    I heard Mist sigh as he sat down on the grass beside his wolf. "We will have to camp for the day." It was quiet for a moment, the only sounds being the water lapping on the bank and the wind whispering through the treebranches. After a long moment he spoke again. "I got the sense there were others nearby when we travelled last night. We should travel as a pack, it would be safer for all of us if we were all together." I nodded, my eyes closed and began an open send to any elves nearby inviting them to come to the grove near the river. I sent a picture of the spot and scent markers that would show them the way, but I didnt mention the Palace. If the ones who travelled with us werent receiving the call I didnt want to have to answer questions I didnt even know the answers to.

As I got ready to sleep once again, my stomach reminded me angrily that I missed the nightly hunt and therefore didnt have anything to eat all night. But I was far too tired to even think about hunting anything, and the call still tugged on my soul so I didnt trust myself to hunt even if I had the energy. I only hoped I didnt have to endure much more of this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, the open send was directed at JT and Elfs char, since theyre the only ones close enough for it atm. With my next couple of posts Ill try to have them get to the palace, since this journey shouldnt take too long. If I got your char wrong Ben, sorry, let me know and Ill fix it XD

Advanced Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

Zekekii of the Sun
    I've got a feeling you could use a little smile
    hoping it would stay there for just a little while.

The night was new and Zek had been running for a while. This was only because Kozu had persisted on leaving the poor musician behind the desert dunes, with only a strange trail to follow. Zekekii assumed that his dear friend would *eventually* realize that his rider was missing. But apart of the young man (if he was indeed, young), realized that the reptile had his own ways about things, teaching the poor dancer lessons he deemed not worthy of learning.

Well, Zek was learning this one.

“Kozu!! The sand will damn Zek to a death without water!” He called, desperate. The lightening starry sky was truly beautiful out here; he would’ve admitted that if he had not been so distracted by the faint outline of a lizard on the next dune. Zekekii grinned. With the agility of a fox Zek dashed up the dune and collapsed on his scaly friend. “You would not leave Zek to perish!” Another strong hug for the lizard, but then he backed up and pointed the stick accusingly at his companion. “What was scaled-one trying to teach the dancer?” No one other than Zek would’ve understood, Kozu answered with a blank stare that made the man cringe and nod. He back-flipped back onto the monster of a reptile and tied the stick loosely to his hip. Then Zekekii gripped at the bottom of Kozu’s neck. “Kozu is right of course, Zek should hold on.”

The lizard flicked his tongue, began to move again, slowly as he had been running for far too long and unlike Zek; didn’t feel the pull of the mystical-place. The rider didn’t seem to mind, as long as he kept moving in this direction, the dancer wouldn’t mind.

Kozu slid down the dune on his belly and clambered onto the barren, hard ground. They were drawing nearer to the mountains it would seem. Though Kozu didn’t have the greatest of memories, his instincts and what was left of his memory told him he had been here before. With a flick of the tongue he could tell the air relatively stayed the same, other then the faint tinge of death. Zekekii didn’t have those sorts of senses though, the lizard recalled (amazingly), these strange creatures that had appeared one day long ago, their senses were dull but at the same time astoundingly acute, depending on the situation.

Another flick of the tongue as the wind picked up a bit, and he knew they were alone. He stopped, lifting his head and tilting it to one side as he tasted the air again.

“What is it?” Zek questioned, looking around quickly. “Feathered-flyers?”

Fur, fur is not something usually out here. Not long, short, not a predator… Different, prey... Prey for Kozu.

There was a rough tapping on the lizard’s head and he shot a look at Zek who was pointing to the distance. Kozu followed the gaze and flicked his tongue again.

“The sun!” Zek grinned, leaping off the lizard. “The golden disk blesses us! Zekekii could not long last without the golden fire.”

Then he tripped, roughly. Kozu wasn’t sure if Zek could survive with or without the shining star.

“ARGH!” Zek flipped around and picked up the rock, clenching in his hand with the intent to crush it, but when he failed, the man whipped it across the barren pleateau. “Tripper-of-Zek! Perish in the dunes!”

Zek had the sudden feeling he was being watched, and turned to see he was correct. There were two women on the dune they had slid down, staring at him like he was a foreign beast. He tilted his head at them, it had been so long since Zek of the Sun had company which was not scaled, fanged, and overly carnivorous, he had forgotten how to greet them.

Then the golden disk broke the horizon line, and the sun shined upon him.

In an instant, Zekekii waved to them happily, like a child seeing his best friends in a playground. They sort of stared at him for a moment; perhaps they too had felt the pull? What else had they a reason to be out in the desert? Slowly the strangers on the even stranger creatures approached though they abruptly stopped halfway down the dune and Zek wondered why.

And then, the boy’s eyes drifted to Kozu. The reptile was staring not at the people, but the things they were riding on with keen interest. Zek cringed and leapt at the lizard, covering the beast’s eyes. His companion lifted his head up and Zek was hanging off the ground, his arms and legs wrapped around Kozu’s head like he hung from a branch.

“No no!” Zek smiled as Kozu tilted his head to try and see what he considered prey. “Strange furry-things not for he-who-dines-on-large-mammals!” The man looked at the two who had dismounted their rides and now cautiously approached the odd duo. “Unless you ask first, no munchies on ugly things.”

One of the animals snorted.

Zek, being him, snorted back.

One seemed to keep her distance more, she had a bandana over her eyes, Zekekii didn’t question this. Perhaps the sun would tell him later why, but he doubted. Then his eyes turned to the one closer, her eyes were the deepest of greens, Zek compared them to the rare buds on the mostly-dead tree he lived near. Dead for all but once rains comes so live and lovely. He roughly dropped himself down from Kozu and flipped onto all fours, peering up at the two again.

He recognized the closer one, seeing her once or twice before. The blindfolded one, maybe, Zek didn’t recall what wanted to be forgotten. That it was she reminded him of, like a precious desert flower, which grows too near a dune. The sand will consume it in darkness, and the sun will shine for it no longer. Maybe if he grasped other emotions, it would’ve saddened him, but his mind beamed as the closer one spoke.

“Zek?”

Zek stood up, feeling the sun’s warmth on his back. “Of the sun, yes. Who are you?” Before they could answer he grinned. “Windsong, of Sunfolk. Yes? Yes, of course, Zek would never forget a name.” That was a lie, but they didn’t need to know that. “You however, Zekekii does not know, Kozu doesn’t know you either or surely scaled-one would’ve told the dancer.”

They blinked at him, but Windsong seemed to understand better then the other. “This is my daughter, Ruya.”

Whether she had more to say or not, Zek didn’t realize. He bounded over to her (the daughter), circling the taller woman with some sort of childish fascination that one would have for a shiny coin. Wingsong stepped forward, but Ruya put out a hand, seemingly stopping her mother.

“Hello.” Ruya said, a smile appearing on her face. Zekekii grinned a big grin.

“This is Kozu of the Sand.” He gestured to the rather large, intimidating lizard behind them that simply flicked a tongue at both of them before seemingly settling down. Zek bounded over to his friend, and sat down. “Swift heat comes with morning sun, Zek thinks mother and daughter should stay and wait, rest if their souls require sleep.” He fell back abruptly as Kozu moved away and began digging at the ground.

“What is…” Wingsong paused. “Kozu doing?”

“Scaled-friend is searching for that which the desert hordes.”

They blinked at him, obviously confused. But as Zek somersaulted over to the hole, they soon understood. With a stomp of the lizard’s foot, surprisingly clear water began to seep up to the surface, creating a cool clear pool.

Zek cupped some water in his hands and drank, looking up at the two with a smile. “Zek doesn’t bite, come drink!”

Tag Kuro and Miryawind ^_~ Sorry if I got your chars wrong X_x

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: ~Time after Time: The Lost Ones~ Begins! (M){LSUs for a limited time}

WINDSONG:

Ruya and I had been traveling all night and were tired but the urge was so strong we pushed forward. The sun was about to come over the horizon and we knew we would have to rest soon. Ruya came into the stables the night before and had startled me. When I heard "Mother", I jumped and turned around to see her standing there. "Ruya" I answered back. Happy to see her I hurried to her and took her by her hands, "I'm so glad you are here, Ruya." I said, "and yes, I did feel it, the urge to head North."

I wondered how many others felt it and if they too were heading out? I knew Zek did, I know it had to be him that I saw heading out, back at Sorrows End. I felt we would be running into him either on the way or when we reached our final distination, I'm sure of it. During the ride, I had seen visions of a palace, bright and beautiful and knew that this was the place we were being pulled to. Ruya and I had been talking and she too had the same vision.

"Mother, When do you think we will get to the mountains that we will have to cross?" Ruya asked, as we reached the top of a sanddune. " I believe we....................." I said, but stopped in mid sentence. Willow too saw what I did and had stopped dead in her tracks half way down the sanddune. I told Ruya what I was seeing and had her stay behind me.

At the bottom of the dune there stood someone with some sort of animal....not really sure what to expect, I just stared down at them with wonder. "Lets wait here for a bit until we know its safe." I whispered to Ruya not taking my eyes off the two. As I looked upon them, I saw that the figure reminded me of Zek. As the sun came up, I held my hand over my eyes to see better, I saw his deep red hair pulled back in a ponytail and when he turned around and waved up at us all excited, I knew it was. Remembering the time I saw him once dancing and playing his flute near the Oasis, I could tell that he was playful, innocent like a child. I gave a smile seeing him there.

But my eyes quickly went to the animal that was with him and the smile left my face because I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. As we dismounted and walked slowly closer, we waited to see what was what. I sensed that we were ok but as far as Willow and Ruya's Zwoot, I wasn't sure. Not by the way the animal was looking at them.

But all was good and we went to sit down near Zek and drank the water that Kozu had dug up for us. Relaxing, made me realized just how tired I was. As we sat talking of what we thought of this pull we were feeling, my eyes were getting heavier and Ruya and Zek voices were becoming more fainter as I drifted off to sleep.

I was awaken by a soft pretty sound. It was Zek, playing his flute and dancing around Kozu. As I watched him, I couldn't help but smile. As I reached up and held my necklace, my thoughts went to the time when Fion and I had danced, how happy we were..........

Suddenly, another jolt, the urge to get moving came upon me. I stood up fast looking over at Ruya, she had sat up suddenly, and Zek had stopped playing the flute. An eerie silence came over us. For a quick moment Zek and I just looked at each other and we knew the three of us had the urge again to move on and head North. As I quickly mounted Willow, I said, "By nightfall we should reach the mountains, if all goes well." The three of us rode off heading North, not sure of what laid ahead of us.
    Last edited by Miryawind; 27th April 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Everyone's been pestering me to post (and by "everyone" I mean Asi, CT and Miryawind). XD Sorry, I've been falling behind, lol.

Ruya
    **Your heart will show you which path to take**

After Mother and I had departed from Sorrow's End, I was surprised to find that I felt no sort of hesitation or regret at leaving my home behind. Even though I had an odd feeling that I may not return again, something within me kept drawing me forward, telling me that I was going the right way and there was no reason to look back. As new and daunting as it was, I felt a strange comfort in it. Some people might refer to it as 'fate or 'destiny', or even 'providence'. I, however, was more fond of the word "certainty".

Needless to say, I wasn't too worried. I hadn't even really fretted when I realized we had forgotten to bring extra water with us (we hadn't taken much time to grab essentials before we left, the urge being as strong as it was). My magic sense was strong enough that I could find the signature of water easily, even underground. And if there wasn't any nearby, Mother could always bend the wind and weather and summon up a small patch of rain. However, I was still appreciative of Zekekii's generous, albeit a bit distracted, efforts.

I found Zek to be a very fascinating individual. Strange as he was, lacking in what most people would consider normal social graces, he had a very clear and bright energy about him. An almost childlike innocence that resonated within his very magical signature. Even though I couldn't see him with my own eyes, his aura was as clear as day to me. Like a torch flickering and dancing in the dark of night. His pattern of speech, however, was going to take some getting used to.

As we continued our ride north toward the Highlands, a thought occurred to me.
    In order to get out of the Wastes and into the mountains...we would have to pass through the Troll Caverns.
    I had never ventured far from the oasis in my lifetime, but I remembered enough geography from my childhood lessons to know where we were headed. I frowned thoughtfully, my eyebrows furrowed. It would take a lot longer to go all the way around the caverns, and I doubted that this mysterious call that was pulling us all forward would grant us that time.

Mother must have noticed the concern on my face, for I heard her speak in her soft, maternal tone.
    "Ruya... what's the matter? Is something troubling you?"
    "Not imminently," I replied with a small shake of my head, "Really more of a possible hindrance that may soon befall us."
    Mother was silent and I knew she was waiting for me to continue.
    "The Troll Caverns. We're going to have to pass them to get to the Highlands, and I don't think we can feasibly go around them."
    I heard her make a quiet but sharp intake of breath. Trolls were a touchy subject for my Mother, for my Father had been murdered by them before I was even born. I was slightly resentful at them for taking away my chance to know my Father (as well as the other half of my lineage), but Mother disliked them even more, the wound being a deeper one for her.

"Zek has never cared much for the likes of Trolls. Always hiding from the Sun and never dancing with it. Kozu thinks that's why they are so grumpy-gloomy and their faces are so lumpy." Ruya couldn't help but smile a little at the bluntness of the statement. "But Mother and Daughter should not worry! Zekekii and Kozu of the Sun will protect their new friends! From Trolls or from the Flinger-of-Zek, if it should ever return..." He trailed off, mutter something else about a "Tripper".

"Thank you, Zek," Mother said, warmly. I could still sense the worry in her voice, but Zek's statement had at least brightened her a little. Even though I was unsure about how we were going to proceed from there, I knew that my comrades and I would think of something.

Last edited by Kuro Espeon; 1st May 2009 at 12:36 AM.

Kuro's quote fav:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sebas

Sebas and Miriath ran through the dark forest still noticing the other 3 figures running in the same direction. Sebas couldn't help but wonder why all these images where rushing through his head, maybe some powerful sender beckoning him to come to them maybe to trap him. But who would be so vindictive as to do something so pervert. Maybe he was thinking too much about this, but he felt that if he was being lead into a trap he couldn't endanger Miriath. As that though crossed his mind Miriath clam to a complete stop and turned around looking at Sebas with a sad face some how sensing his anxiety. Her big wolf eyes met his own with a hint of sadness yet a yearning to protect.

"Fine, I am sorry Miriath" sighed Sebastian "I would never leave you"

With a small yip from Miriath she started to run again happily bounding away with renewed energy. As they continued through the dank forest another tought crossed Sebas's mind, it was a send he just dismissed it as another one of those visions he had been having all day. But he then began to think that this new send had a different feeling to it, maybe a more calming effect rather then the longing for something never known. Then as the send went on an image of a grove of willows next to a small bank where a beautiful river ran creating a sense of peaceful relaxation.

"You feel that too?" asked Sebas as he looked down at Miriath as he feel a calm wash over his body. She responds with a slight nod and begins to move in the direction of where the send is coming from. As the both of the keep moving through the forest the tree begin to break and a the same scene he had been shown in his mind greeted his eyes. There were two elves with their wolves lying in the soft grass. Sebas moved quietly over to where they were sleeping till he heard another voice in his mind.

"Who are you" asked the voice in his head.

"I am Sebas" he replied

"Sebas?, I am unfamiliar with that name" came the reply

"Yeh you probably wouldn't know me very well I am a bit of an outcast and like to keep to myself" said Sebas as he moved closer to the two elves. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We have been sent these odd messages compeling us to go to a place we have never been, yet a such familiar place where we have been many times"

"Me too" Sebas replied as he sat down on the ground next to the female elf "Where do you think it is?"

"I have no idea" she replied again "I am a little tired now and want to sleep"

"I fully understand" Sebas said as he asked Miriath to lay down on the ground next to him. Suddenly a soft creaking noise seeming came from no where and resonated through the grove. "What was that?"

"Oh" sent the female "That was.....my stomach I am a bit hungry"

"No problem" chuckled Sebas as he reached into his bag and pulled out a bit of the deer meat he had kept for a later day and handed it to the female elf "Here have this"

"Thanks" she sent as she took a big bit of the meat "That hits the spot"

"May I ask what your name is?" inquired Sebas

"Its Frostfur" she replied

"And your friend here?"

"Vapourmist" came a reply from the other elf as he rose to his feet.

"Oh ok, I will just rest here as well if that is ok" said Sebas as he laid down on the ground with Miriath curling around him before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Elite Trainer

Vapourmist
    -------------------------

Mist sighed, almost sadly. He knew that the tug pulling them towards this castle, whatever it was, was strong. But from what Frostfur described, it seemed to be a whole new level for her.

He remembered back when he first met her. It was a few years ago. Frostfur had gone out on a nightly hunt and had gotten injured. Pretty badly as well. It was snowing at that time, so the cold didn't help her injuries. He had been out hunting himself when he came across her, trying to make her way back to the grove.

Mist healed her and then left, only meeting her again later, when she learned he was in charge of looking after the young ones.

He watched Frostfur quietly as she laid down to rest. He would be damned if he let her work herself to death like this. He had to help her. He was the healer after all.

"Come Kumar," he said quietly, looking over at his cannine companion. The wolf nodded and with one glance at Kiyiya, as if silently asking her to watch over her, the two partners dissappeared into the wilderness.

It would be long before they returned, bringing with them a couple of slain rabbits and some fruit they had gathered. Silently, Mist set them in a small pile, cleaning them with some water from the nearby river.

"Be sure to wake me up when she wakes," he asked Kiyiyao quietly. He had a feeling that when she did, it would take all three of them to convince her to eat.

And with that, Mist walked over to his wolfen partner and laid down, closing his eyes to get some rest himself.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

OOC: Varik was there for hours as he and Rayek played cards while they waitied for the others. LOL jk since my char is alot closer (and alone.....) ill start writing a lil later ^^
    "Oh thanks, you saved a playground full of schoolkids from a melted funclock!"

"And Out of the Sands of Time, Will Rise, Two Pillars where She will be Waiting for the Only....One......Who will Duel for Earth"

Elite Trainer

~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
    What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

As I slept, I dreamed...

"The Palace of the High Ones lures its children with a call stronger than Recognition," the voice rings out, as the silhouette of a man raises his arms to the sky. I was sure Id never heard it before, but as the man began to fade softly to black, and in the blackness the strangely familiar voice booms once again, this time laden with anger and rage.

"You call yourselves Gobacks, but you shall 'Go Back' no more!!"

As the last word tremors through the darkness, it shatters, becoming blinding white. The whiteness fades into a scene of destruction, as elves and trolls alike run for cover from a black haired sunfolk floating above. Red blood stains the pure snow, and screams pierce the air. But the sunfolk does not care, all he knows is pain and rage as he drives the elves across the barren snowscapes. A baby cries amid the panic, a small bundle in white furs. A baby, ignored and abandoned by her kin, and passed over by the raging elf above. A baby left to die in the snow.

His voice rises again on the biting wind, "The Palace is denied to all Gobacks, you shall never dwell near it again!" The sunfolk chases the elves out of sight, leaving only the baby in the snow, to cry alone. The babies cries fade out as the scene fades to black.

Suddenly, in the quiet darkness between sleeping and wakefulness, a voice whispers, the voice from before. With it, came the compulsion to move forward, to do as it commanded.

"Your fate has always been tied to the Palace, since the day of your birth. Come to it now, and take your place as a High One."

My eyes shot open, the voice still reverberating within my soul. Such a vivid dream Ive never had before, such a feeling of reality, almost like I had been there. Perhaps I had. But at that moment, it wasnt important, nothing was, save for the urge to move forward. I had no doubts now, it was the palace of the High Ones which called me. My fate was tied to it somehow, and it didnt matter how or why I knew this. It didnt matter why it had chosen now to draw me to it. All that mattered was that I heed its call, and now. It demanded no less of me, and who was I to get in the way of fate?

It was late afternoon, still a few hours away from the cool twilight when us Wolfriders usually woke. My eyes turned towards the northeast through no direction of mine, and without a thought to the others in the camp I began to run on foot towards the direction where I now knew the palace was waiting for me. But before I knew it a growling, yipping sound rang out through the quiet afternoon and I felt teeth on my belt, pulling me back towards the trees. Though the calling was loud in my mind, I could still concentrate enough to see that it was Kiyiya, dragging me with all her strength away from where I knew I must go. "Kiyiya," I spoke, a rare thing for me, but I no longer felt I could send reliably. "Must....go...."

"Frostfur!" I heard a voice cry out and heard running steps come in my direction. I struggled to see through the image of the palace which shone brightly in my mind. I felt hands grab me, and along with Kiyiya pull me down to sit under the tree once more. Something was placed in my hand, and I vaguely could smell the other two wolfriders and their wolves around me. "You need to eat." Mist's quiet voice told me.
    Sebas seemed to agree. "In a journey like this youve got to keep up your strength."
    I knew they were right, and so I tried to eat what I could of the ravvits and the berries, but they tasted like ashes in my mouth. My external senses were all but dead amid the deluge of images and feelings the call was sending to me. When I felt I had eaten enough to appease them I stood, turning towards the northeast. "Wont get better," I said, climbing unto Kiyiya's back and sighing. "Must go palace. Waits." The fact that I was speaking showed how pressing the need to travel was, I knew my language skills werent very good. Without seeing if they were following I directed Kiyiya forward at a run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The landscape rushed by, as the daylight bled into twilight and the shadows deepened, the sun dipping below the horizon. Far into the night we ran, Kiyiya's rapid breath resounding in time with my heartbeat, and the longer we traveled the stronger the call seemed to become. I could see details in my mind now, the shining palace towering above the snowbanks, its terraces winding to touch the sky. I could see the figure which called a little clearer, a dark haired sunfolk man. I could almost hear the voices of the elf spirits which were said to dwell within the Palace, almost feel the history of the place touching my soul. It was more real to me than the lapping river or the crickets chirping in the night. Kiyiya seemed to sense my urgency, and seemed to instinctively know that this which possessed me would not go away until we arrived at the place it called me to. Time seemed to cease existing as we passed rolling hills and fields shrouded in night, the river winding along and then finally being left behind as the sky began to lighten in the east.

But I was in no mood to stop. I didnt want to have another restless sleep full of dreams I could not understand. I didnt want to pretend to eat when no food in the world could feed the void in my soul. Only the palace could do that, and I would run til I got there. Only then could I rest.

My spirit had lofty goals, but unfortunately my body had its limits. Before I knew it I felt myself slipping, my hands which had held Kiyiya's fur tightly began to weaken. I felt a vague feeling of falling, but the world grew dark before I ever hit the ground...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tag wolfriders, she passed out and fell off her running wolf, Ill leave it up to you guys how injured she is. Keep in mind that whenever she regains consiousness it wont matter to her if shes hurt she will try to travel anyway, and she wont be sending because she cant seem to hold on through the calls send. You can try sending to her even though shes unconsious though, the only thing that can stop sending is death.

Jonas, Heart of Wolves
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nagging feelings and the habits you can't let go........

The early going went swift and quiet as Jonas and Kira tread at a brisk run through the woods. It wasn't too long before they were no longer in the woods, however. When they cleared the trees into the wide open fields Jonas had to check their pace. In the open they were prone to run all out hours on end with nothing to gauge their progress except their own stamina. That served poorly as both of them were too stubborn to admit being tired, especially in front of each other.

Not long after they were in the open his senses advised him they were not alone in their eastward bound. A pair traveling together also seemed to be moving that way with equal determination. Not moments after they became apparent one more wolf-rider seemed to join the journey.

Jonas kept a close watch on their fellow travelers as they went. Every so often Kira would slowly try to angle their path to intersect the other elves and he would ever so politely correct her trajectory with a gentle nudge. It was a familiar gesture, and one Jonas was swiftly prepared to deal with.

Into the early morning they all went and when the time came to rest he could hear the send in his mind, inviting them all to camp and travel together. Kira looked at him hopefully as his eyes drifted in the direction of the other elves until he shook his head and gently nudged her further abreast of the would be companions. Finding their own spot to camp in some tall grass, their first night of travel concluded without ceremony.

The next night they all seemed to start out earlier. The pace seemed quickened all around as if they were all being pulled by the same thing. Something about that didn't quite sit well with Jonas as he'd formally severed his ties to his people some time past. At the faster pace it proved to be a more eventful leg of their erstwhile journey.

As the sky began to lighten there was a sudden halt in the other group. A quick and careful gaze revealed that one of their number had fallen from their wolf. No doubt from over exertion Jonas wagered. As solitary hunters Jonas and Kira were accustomed to extended movement and had superb stamina. Not all elves were hunters, though. The trek was certain to be harder on some than others.

With a barely audible sigh Jonas nudged Kira on ahead. Once they were far enough past the others to avoid sight he nudged her slightly to intersect the path of the other group. Once he was certain they were right in line with where the other group would pass once their third member recovered he halted them and slid off of Kira's back. He looked about cautiously to make sure no one was watching save for Kira and then knelt down in the grass. His hands hovered above the soil and his eyes closed. Quietly he concentrated there for one minute, two minutes.......

Perhaps five minutes after they'd stopped Jonas opened his eyes. He suddenly felt a little flush and steadied himself carefully. Looking beneath his hands he sighed relief that his expenditure of energy had been meaningful, at least. Beneath them grew several small stalks of an herb called Tembas. It wasn't quite a curative but it would work to moderate lengths to relieve fatigue and exhaustion. He wasn't a healer but he did know his plants. No elven hunter should be without at least a passing knowledge of foliage, after all.

Carefully he plucked the stalks up one by one. He plucked a couple of longer strands of grass and wrapped it a few times around the Tembas herbs. Next he drew a single arrow from his quilt, the one with the brightest colored fletching. He tied the Tembas herbs around the arrows shaft and then thrust it into the ground just far enough for it to take hold sticking straight up. If any of the three had any eyesight they should be able to spot his little gift easily enough.

Satisfied he'd done his part protecting the others he slid back onto Kira's back. He nudged her back towards the far off parallel path they had been using and kept going. The two of them still had a bit of travel in them before the night gave way. That and he was certain he wanted to be nowhere in sight when they found his arrow. He was certain this journey would be long enough for them to spot him again at some point before their destination but he would do what he could to stall it short of endangering them.

Advanced Trainer

Zekekii of the Sun

The stars were high above, and they were moving again. The two women seemed much more desperate to reach whatever it was than Zek, but Zekekii supposed that maybe the brilliant sun was protecting him. The golden disk wasn’t known for leaving its people alone without a proper shielding, and so perhaps it was protecting him for whatever powerful pull seemed to be controlling them. He noted how Kozu didn’t think it was necessary to rush after the furry-things, even if the lizard still eyed them as only food for later, perhaps when they are no longer useful or wanted.

Silly scaled-one wouldn’t know how to deal with angry women.

Of course that being said Zekekii didn’t know how to deal with angry anybody, let alone a woman. Anger wasn’t something he was used too, as he never felt that emotion that seemed to burden everyone with weights the size of boulders. Zek had long ago been told it wasn’t worth it to become angry at something so small, or even large. Perhaps the desert-dweller had taken the message a little seriously, as for a very long time; he hasn’t felt the burning fire of rage. Annoyance at things such as the Tripper-of-Zek or the Flinger-of-Zek was the closest he had come in ages.

Rising in the distance, in the silvery light of the twin moons, was the mountains. Daunting in size and mass, Zekekii found himself slightly wanting to go home. Kozu seemed to pick up on him and slowed down to a halt, the other two didn’t seem to notice, that pull much too strong to allow them to be hindered.

“Zekekii has not ventured from the dunes in a long time…” He muttered, taking in a long sigh. “Has Kozu been to the mountains?”

Kozu looked over his shoulder at Zekekii and tilted his head slightly.

“No, Zek is not tired.” He smiled. “Today is the sixth day for the musician, everything starts to change.”

The lizard blinked twice, before continue on their way, at the good pace so they could catch up to the mother and daughter duo. But Zek was busy thinking; his eyes distant as the change of scenery and norm made him remember the past. The man had no problem with the past; he just never recalled it with the greatest of accuracy. Many would find this as a hinder, or perhaps a long sought blessing, but to Zek it was just him. His mind seemed to be incapable of recollection of things long ago.

Until now.

“Zekekii, why do you live out here?” She questioned with a friendly smile as she sat next to him, staring up at the star filled sky. Her dark brown locks danced in the desert wind, and her eyes shone like one of the stars far above.

He shrugged in reply. “Why not?”

“Don’t you get lonely?”

“No!” He laughed, finding the idea of being lonely impossible. “Kozu is here.”
    She looked over and smiled at the large lizard sleeping next to the tree. “He keeps you company hm?”

The man nodded and nudged her playfully. “Why so concerned? You worried about poor little Zekekii?”

She laughed and pushed him over. “Hardly…” There was a silence between them as he recovered. “I have to go home tomorrow…”

“Oh that’s a drag…” He frowned. “Why?”

“We always just pass through…” She smiled. “I’ll come see you again when we do.”

“Good.” Zek replied with a grin. “I’ll have found you a desert flower by then.”

“You promise?”

“Promise.” The man stood up and twirled a stick in his hand, mocking a hero. “I, Zekekii of the Sun, shall find you a flower! So next time you travel through the mountains, the desert will be with you.”

Zekekii snapped out of his memory and came to realize he was being carried. The man flailed desperately, his butt hanging above his head as the trusted Kozu had bitten onto his cloth and decided that if the damn boy wasn’t going to hold on, than he shall be treated like a child and carried up the mountain path with the dignity of a baby-troll.

“Kozu put Zek down!” Zek flailed, finding this much more amusing than any normal person would. “The dancer will hold on this time!”

It seems his shouting drew Ruya and Windsong from their strange ‘find-me’ trances and looked at him. They both smiled, though Zekekii noted the mother seemed a little more concerned about his well-being. He grinned at them both, waving like a child.

“Kozu does not trust Zek’s hands; they do not listen when the dancer tells them to hold on.” He paused, tilting his head a little. Looking past them both he pointed with a smile at the creature emerging from a cave. “Those-who-dance-in-darkness!”

Ruya and Windsong both turned to see a troll staring at them both.

Tag Miryawind or Kuro, I’m stumped sorry.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I totally just spent the last hour or so writing a post... then the board decided to fuck everything up, and I lost it. Long story short, Aroree has caught up to the others from Sorrow's End, just in time to see the troll make an appearance. So, feel free to have her swoop down from the clouds, or something. I dunno... I'm tipsy and irritated now. >< If you guys want, you can always contact me on MSN (assuming that my internet is functioning correctly)...

Name: Aroree, called Sad Eyes
    Soul Name: Reyiina (Ray-eh-eenah)
    Tribe: Glider
    Appearance: Here... She stands around five feet tall, perhaps slightly taller. Very slight of build, with long light blonde hair and pale blue eyes.
    Personality: Aroree is one marked by internal conflict, though what that conflict is, no one is really sure. Perhaps she feels regret for her choice to leave Blue Mountain, or sadness at the loss of Skywise. No one knows, and probably never will. Otherwise, she is calm, understanding, patient, and relatively soft-spoken.
    History: Once one of the Chosen Eight of Blue Mountain, she left the Mountain before its destruction, making her one of two known Gliders to have escaped. She has spent some time among the Wolfriders, mostly searching for Skywise or other Gliders, but to no avail. After twenty-something years, she's beginning to believe that she might be the last of her people alive. She has spent time among all of the tribes, and is currently residing with the Sun Folk.
    Power: Glider; at first, it was thought to just be the power of her people manifesting, but in time it became apparent that she had a true talent for levitation, and more.
    Skills: Aroree makes the ideal scout, since her flying abilities allow for easy view of land over a distance. She's also descent at Sending.
    Family: Former lovemate of Skywise, a Wolfrider, who she knew before the destruction of Blue Mountain. No others have ever been very close, and no family remains alive.
    Other:

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

WINDSONG

As we approached the cave entrance by dusk, my mind was racing on many thoughts when I heard a commotion behind Ruya and I. I pulled on Willow to stop and turned to see what it was. I noticed Ruya too had stopped and turned also. " Zek is being carried by his friend Kozu but not in the normal way," I said to Ruya, as I tilted my head in amusement as to what I was seeing. " But what is normal for us isn't so much for Zek I supposed." Ruya exclaimed. Ruya and I both smiled "I don't know about him sometimes, but you can't help but like him." I said looking over at Ruya. "I worry about him though," I said looking back at Zek,"but he has made it this far in life......." I smiled larger as he noticed us looking at him and he got a huge grin on his face and waved.

But suddenly his grinned turned past us and his eyes were focused on something from behind as he pointed. I turned back around to see what he was pointing at. "Troll" I said softly and as I did Ruya turned around too. There in front of us...... was a troll.............the thing I was dreading. All the emotions I was feeling since the night we left Sorrow's End came flooding in all at once. Feelings that I have kept hidden for many years. Of a strong hate toward trolls. Me hating was not my nature and I managed to keep it buried deep inside of me until the call came. Knowing all too well that Ruya was feeling some emotions of her own, I knew I had to take action fast to try to make a peaceful jester towards this troll before either one of us acted on our emotions or that he decided that killing us was the thing to do. I sense an uneasiness with him and knew he was one not to be trusted.

I had heard that if you make a deal with the trolls, a trade of some sort, they would give you passage through the cave but whether they keep their end of the bargain is something else. They will turn on you without warning.

"Mother", there are others, I can feel their presence." Ruya said with caution in her voice. I whispered "OK" Ruya whispered back, "and there is another presence I am feeling, but its not a troll....... a presence I have felt before, good and kind."

I nodded at the troll and smiled and made an offer to him but the troll grumbled and started moving towards me and Ruya with a curious look on his face. He kept staring at my necklace. Finally, he pointed at my necklace, I knew he wanted it. "Thats not a bad trinket you have there," the troll said slyly. What........ my necklace, the necklace Fion gave me and this troll wanted it! How ironic, the necklace Fion gave me long ago, a troll wanting it and it was trolls that murdered Fion. He pointed to the cave, "If you want to go through, I'll need some payment and that cheap jewelry would do." He sneered again. I closed my eyes in disbelief, and sighed. "Mother, no, not your necklace, not Father's necklace!! Offer something else" Ruya said excitely. But I knew he wouldn't take anything else. What an odd thing to want but maybe it was their way to get us inside the cave without resistance.... without force. Or........what could have been so interesting to a troll about my necklace??

By this time Zek was by my side and two other trolls had come in behind the first troll and I knew we were in trouble. I looked at Ruya then over at Zek. He knew by how I was looking at him that we better get a plan ready just in case. I turned my attention to the first troll and nodded but made it understood, he would get it only after we were through the cave safe and sound.

The trolls turned around and motioned for us to follow to the entrance of the cave. "Be on guard, I sense they are up to no good" I warned. "Ruya, stay close to me." I whispered. "Zek, keep your eyes open especially when we get inside." I said cautiously. Slowly, we walked to the entrance of the cave and without warning two more Trolls came up behind us. As they surrounded us Zek started playing his flute and started dancing all around the Trolls. He caught them off guard with his actions and I knew that he was distracting them so I could have time to summon the wind. But before I could a being came from out of nowhere and somehow made the trolls fly through the air. Ruya and I scrambled to the ground to get out of the way while Zek shielded us by putting his arms out around us. When it was all over, the trolls were out cold.

When all was quiet, we slowly got up and turned to face the being that stood before us. She was beautiful, tall with long blonde hair with the bluest eyes. She spoke to us softly and said, "My name is Aroree, I am a Glider and I have come to go with you North to answer the call." I remembered her from back at Sorrow's End and was in awe of such a person. My Mother had told me stories of Gliders and was happy to see her with us.

tag...........hope this is ok, wasn't sure how you all wanted it to go.
    Last edited by Miryawind; 17th May 2009 at 07:11 PM.

Today is a brand new day with no mistakes in it...yet.

Elite Trainer

Vapourmist
    ----------------------------

He had seen Frostfur fall off her wolf, hitting the ground with a loud thump.

"Frostfur!" he called out as Kumar skid across the ground to turn around. In a matter of moments, Mist was by her side. Sebas had noticed as well.

"Is she ok?" he asked, a bit worried when he noticed she was barely moving. Mist looked over her. One the sounds, just a couple of scratches, maybe even a light bruise from the fall. But being a healer, Mist could tell there was much more to this.

"She's exhausted," He murmured softly, "She's been running herself to her limits. She couldn't take much more."

At that point, Frostfur stirred. Weakly, as if possessed, she tried to keep moving. Thankfully in her condition, it was easy for Mist to stop her.

"You need to rest," he replied sternly.

"Must....keep....going...."

"Try and your body may as well fall to pieces. You can't keep going like this. You need to rest!"

She clearly wasn't listening as she continued her feeble struggling. Mist sighed, shaking his head.

"Um, anything I can do?" Sebas asked. Mist looked up at him.

"Would you mind holding her down? I'd need my hands free for this."

Elite Trainer

I apologise for the following post. But its the way preservers talk so what can you do XD Its supposed to be annoying...

Name: Lilyglow
    Tribe: Preserver
    Appearance: Generally like this:

But with pink and lavendar wings and a blue body. Also wears a white lily on its head as a hat.
    Personality: Very bright and cheerful, Lily gets excited about almost everything. It loves to cheer up elves that seem to be down and loves to chatter about only it really know what. Deep inside some of its chatter lies some ancient wisdom, surely, but its really hard to tell. Is very mischevious and loves to wrap things in its webs, or "wrapstuff", and sometimes sprays a web at someone whos being particularly vexing. Most of the time though it loves to play and has no fear of anything.
    Power: Can spit webs from its mouth to wrap things in a timeless cucoon where they 'sleep' until theyre released. While in the cucoon times doesnt pass for anything and oen could live forever inside one, asleep.
    Skills: Likes to "sing" or what passes for singing with Preservers. Likes to play with elves hair and braid it. Can work some hidden stuff inside the palace but wont until specifically instructed to do so. Is very old despite the personality and may know many secrets, but good luck learning them XD
    Family: Has attached itself to Sebas because he lived alone, however it likes all "highthings" and tends to like the quietest ones the most, probably because it itself is so loud.
    Other: Has a very interesting way of talking lol

~-Lilyglow-~
    Left without saying goodbye?!

The cool morning air breezed through the butterfly like wings of Lilyglow the preserver. Despite the joy of flying in the early morning, it was vexed. MUCH vexed. "Bad redshadow highthing, leave Lilyglow lonely-lone." the Preserver muttered to itself as it flew. Lilyglow had befriended the outcast wolfrider after he had been living alone with his wolf deep inside the Forbidden Grove. Lilyglow loved highthings, the quiet ones most of all, because they appreciated its singing and chatter more than the noiser ones (or so it believed). Thinking of its friend Sebas it began to sing, a high pitched "breet deet deet deeeeee" sound.
    Suddenly, its song stopped abruptly as it spotted something in the tall grass below. A trio of wolfriders were down below, and even from the height at which Lilyglow flew it could still see a familiar head of white hair. Angling downward, the tiny preserver all but dive-bombed the pale haired wolfrider, nearly splatting itself upojn the side of his head. As the wolfrider recovered from the shock, it twined together some of his white hair and chattered happily, forgetting all about the angry words it was going to use to scold the bad highthing.
    Until Mist hushed the chattering bug with a quiet voice. That was when Lilyglow noticed what the two male wolfriders were focused on. A bluish-white haired girl was laying in the grass, bruised, groaning and eyelids fluttering, obviously in pain. The preserver quickly sobered up, and gazed with concerned eyes at the girl, and than at each of the guys. "Lightquiet Highthing troublemuch? Go stillquiet?" Sebas nodded as Mist concentrated his healing powers into his fallen comrade, healing her of her physical pain. Lilyglow clapped its hands gleefully, deciding at once that it also liked this healing elf. Fluttering over to Mist it latched onto his hair and began to braid it. "Flygrowler Highthing make think-do, is much good!" But Lilyglows cheerfulness faded slightly as she noticed the two men were still restraining the female elf. "Why is she struggling so much?" Sebas questioned worridly. Mist shook his head. "Whatever this call is, its far stronger for her, she will kill herself trying to answer it unless we do something." He went quiet for a moment, thoughts flashing across his face. Finally he sighed and shook his head. "My healing can only take away physical pain, I cant block the Sending thats invading her mind."
    "Lilyglow make wrapstuff?" The wolfriders looked curiously at the preserver as it fluttered down to land on Frostfur. "Lightquiet Highthing go stillquiet, no more fastfeet. Is good?" Lilyglow looked expectantly onward as the two men glanced at each other, an idea forming in their minds. "We would have to take turns carrying her..." Mist spoke quietly, as Sebas nodded. "But she would rest...yes Lilyglow, make wrapstuff."
    The cheerful bug-like creature cheered happily and quickly wrapped Frostfur up into a timeless cuccoon. Happy to be useful, it whizzed above both their heads, before landing on Sebas's hair and giving it a tug. "We go homeplace now?"
    "Not yet," he said, lounging in the grass flat on his back. "First, we rest, and wait til nightfall."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok, try to wrap up (hrhr wrap) the current day your on, and get each group to the palace within the next two posts (each person) or so. Id like to do the event post in the near future and get this rpg officially started ;D
    Also heres in case you couldnt follow the Preserver talk:
    redshadow highthing=Sebas
    lightquiet highthing=Frostfur
    troublemuch=in danger
    stillquiet=unconsious/asleep
    flygrowler highthing=Mist (in reference to his mixed heritage, glider/wolfrider)
    think-do=magic
    wrapstuff=webs, the preserver cuccoon
    fastfeet=running
    homeplace= the palace of the high ones

Elite Trainer

Please let me know if you all are still interested in this rpg, mostly everyones been included in the most recent posts and yet no one has posted, so please just let me know whats up.. Thanks <3

I'm just waiting for us to move forward with the rpg. Not much for Jonas to do until everyone meets up at the palace.

Advanced Trainer

AAAARGH! Sorry I took so long on this guys. Real life has been preventing me from actually posting recently. >_< Plus my writing muse decided to take a short vacation... I apologize if this sucks a little, I'm a at a bit of a loss right now.

Ruya
    **Help comes from where you least expect it...**

Aroree's arrival both relieved and surprised me. I hadn't realized she had also received the same call as us since she didn't leave Sorrow's End at the same time as we had. However, I was more amazed that I hadn't sensed her approach. I was normally quite astute at that sort of thing, but in fairness, I had been a tad bit distracted by the trolls.

The Glider's aura was one I was incredibly familiar with. I had seen her with my own eyes once when I was a small child, but hadn't really gotten to know her until after I had purposefully shut the light from my eyes. Therefore her physical appearance was something of a blurred memory. I recognized her now by her incredibly bright and vibrant magical signature, bristling with a power that reflected both her age and her status. However, within it I also felt a hint of sadness. A twinge of loneliness...or perhaps regret? It was hard to tell. I never spoke of it to Aroree, figuring it was probably a personal matter that she didn't want to discuss, especially not with someone so far removed.

"It is wonderful to have you with us, Aroree, and we are most grateful for your assistance," I said, inclining my head slightly in a show of appreciation. "But however did you find us?"
    "Your trail was not hard to follow, especially from the skies," Aroree replied in her typical calm, logical demeanor. "Your short friend there leaves quite a bit of chaos in his wake." I could tell by the amusement in her voice that she was smiling and I couldn't help but join her when I realized that she was referring to Zek.
    "Zekekii of the Sun resents that remark!" Zek chimed in in his own defense. "Surely it was No-Good Kozu that made such a mess of Sun's dwelling place! Ouch!! Why does Kozu bite Zekekii when he only speaks the truth!!"

Mother began to laugh and I was relieved that her spirits had now been lifted, the danger having passed us by. However, we didn't have much time to relish in that moment of joviality. A strong wave passed over me, and presumably over the others as well, hitting me like a bag of bricks and nearly sending my mind into a dizzying spin. We had lingered too long. We had to move on.

"Come, we must hurry. If we do not move swiftly we may soon have more company to deal with." I kicked my heel lightly into my mount's side and urged it forward. It was hesitant, nervous about the darkness of the caves, but it eventually moved reluctantly ahead. Mother followed after on Blossom and Zek with Kozu, as well as Aroree, our new companion, floating along behind.

Again, sorry for the shortness. I may expand do another post as well, but I'll see if you guys want to add anything first.

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Ok, since its almost been a month since the last post in this RPG, Im taking steps to move it along so we can get to the point where the RPG actually begins <3
    Everyone has one week to post in here from today, making Monday July 20th the deadline for your next post. In your next post, do what it takes for you and your group to get to the palace, you can decide to go inside or not. Now for the important part:

Those of you who have NEVER posted in this RPG once by the deadline will be killed off when I make the plot change post next monday. Those who have posted at least once in this rpg but have not posted their arrival to the palace by the deadline will not be killed off but will instead have something rather unpleasant happen to them. And as you know, since this is a fantasy/survival rpg, anything unpleasant happening to you may very well give you a handicap when it comes to surviving. Either way, the choice of what to do is yours, as long as you are aware of the consequences <3

Im not trying to be mean but I dont want to see this rpg die, and I dont like telling people what to do or nagging them to post ^-^()

Elite Trainer

Vapourmist
    --------------------------

Well, this was certainly turning into an interesting journey. Despite the pull on their souls, Mist had never really expected to see a Preserver here. He looked up at the small thing sitting in Seba's hair before he looked down at the resting Forstfur. Was the pull on her soul so hard that it would push her beyond her limits? What could have such a pull?

He gently reached down, gently stroking her cheek as he watched her. He knew thy had to get this journey done as soon as they could, because this was not healthy for her.

He gently rested his fingers on her temples. A gentle glow travelled across them.

Well. I can't stop the sending, but I can at least lessen it on her mind. Though I would have to keep this up...

He gave a soft sigh. This was going to be a hard journey. For the both of them...

--------------*~*--------------

"What the heck is this place?" Sebas murmured as the three stared up at he gigantic building before them. It was a palace, no doubt about it. More importantly, the one they saw in their brief visions when this pull began.

"I'm not sure," Mist replied, looking, a little tired as he had to try and keep Frostfur's pull suppressed this whole time, "But I can tell you for sure that this is where we came for..."

"The pull's strongest here..." Frostfur stated, "The source must be inside..."

All three were quite for a moment, before finally the small preserver piped up.

"We go inside now?"
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 14th July 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

WINDSONG
    We were all exhausted over our trip from Sorrows End and of our ordeal with the trolls but
    knew we weren't out of danger yet. The travel was catching up with us and as we looked down the dark passageway we knew we had to move forward and move quickly. We had to reach the other side, hoping we wouldn't run into anymore trolls along our way. There was a moment of silence, a strange calmness, as we looked at each other and knew we weren't out of danger yet and that we had to be on our guard.
    Suddenly the silence was broken with Ruya saying "Come, we must hurry." Ruya led the way deeper into the cave. Startled by the Ruya's voice, Zek and I followed close behind on Willow and Kozu with Aroree covering the rear as we weaved around the dark passage ways. "I can feel their presence", Ruya whispered as we rode causiously, eyeing every passage we came to in search of any trolls that might attack.
    It was cold..........dark........ damp. The flicker of the flames on the torches gave little light as we made our way through the long and narrow passageway. What an eerie feeling it was and I wondered how could any creature live in such a dreary place without the warmth of the sun apond their face.
    The only sound we could hear were drops of water hitting the cave's floor,coming from some of the passages as we passed. Then there were the sounds of moans and groans coming from who knows where echoing through the cave. It gave me chills and looking back at Zek he was wide-eyed as to what we were experiencing. Knowing of his child-like demeanor, I gave him a kind and gentle smile hoping it would help him. He in turned, gave a little smile back. but his eyes turned quickly toward the moans that came from one of the passages. I looked up at Aroree and she too smiled, I nodded and smiled back. She gave me a comfort knowing she was there.
    Looking back around I noticed a dim light straight in front of us.......could it be.......yes, the exit out of this horrible place! I could sense the anticipation of everyone as we picked up speed toward the light. The closer we got the brighter the light got. Nothing could stop us now. Right when we approached the exit of the cave though a shadowy figure showed up, but we just rushed pass it so fast , we could not be stopped.
    We didn't stop for what seemed like an eternity. Once we did, Zek, started playing his flute as if nothing had happened and the rest of us........ we looked around at each other......and started laughing.

Today is a brand new day with no mistakes in it...yet.

~*~*~*~*~* Sebas *~*~*~*~*~

After a lenghty trip filled with magnificent adventures and a myriad of wonderful characters with vibrant personalities and great wardrobes. This journey also encompassed many miles of panaramic scenery and gorgeous wildlife such as the Steak Elk, quite a delicassy in many places. But anyway after this magnificent journey the group found themselves at the bottom of a large colourful palace seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

The group of travellers walked into the palace and looked around at the great architecture. The whole palace seemed to be carved from a single peice of stone, but how was this possible.

"Wow, big rock tree is pretty on the inside" piped up Lilyglow with a sense of awe.

"Yes it is indeed Lilyglow" replied Sebas.

"Put me down please" asked Frostfur raspily. Responding Sebas and Vapourmist placed Frostfur on the marble floor and stood back a few paces. "Thanks she" she said as she managed to slowly pick herself up.

"Your feeling better I guess?" inquired Vapourmist.

"Yes, thanks. I feel much better now" she responded.

"What is this place?" questioned Sebas.

"Not really sure" replied Frostfur "But we have to be here for some reason"

"How come ground floor shiny like lake?" asked Lilyglow as she buzzed around the palace.

"I have no idea" Sebas answered again

~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Next time in Time after Time *~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Will they find out what they are doing at the palace?

Will Lilyglow learn to stop asking stupid questions?

Will Sebas find something to eat?

Find out next time on Time after Time.
    Last edited by Crazy Elf Boy; 16th July 2009 at 09:50 PM.

Advanced Trainer

I’m skipping ahead to the palace arrival, because… I just can’t think of the in-between. And for the record with the entire the other group being made of apparently silently people, it makes it hard for communication (other than the pixie) --;

So that’s why its short, anyone else is welcome to start conversation. Lol.

Zekekii of the Sun
    What would you see if you could see anything?

It was beyond anything Zek could’ve imagined, wide eyed and childish he slipped off of Kozu’s back and stared up at the magnificent object. It was large, dwarfing things around as its chrome and silver sides glistened in the sun. Gold veins seemed to run up the pyramid like thing and pulse as the dancer’s eyes fell upon them specifically. Kozu looked over at Zekekii with some interest, wondering what on Earth his little friend could find so interesting.

At the tip of the pyramid was a shine as bright as the sun, a mini-star glistening, Zekekii’s mind wandered to wondering if it had indeed caught the golden disk of the desert. He was silent as the others approached from behind, but he couldn’t wait any longer.

He had to touch it, he had to get inside.

Without warning he ran, faster than ever before, his need to reach it beyond compare. The dancer could feel the thumping of Kozu behind, running quickly to catch up with him. The reptile moved up beside him now, and in one fluid movement, Zek bounded from the ground onto his friend’s back, holding on tight as the lizard entered into a dead run for the building.

They stopped only because of others, others Zekekii was not familiar with and who also seemed to be heading into the building. They looked over curiously, blinking at the rider and Kozu, some seemed even apprehensive of Kozu, the large reptile looked at them with a serious, soul-seeing gaze.

“More come to dance with magic?” Zek questioned as Kozu flicked his tongue at them.

All just stared at him.

“What?” He frowned. “Did flyers of the moon steal tongues?”

Elite Trainer

~~Frostfur (Yur)~~
    Coming back to a home Ive never been...

I vaguely remembered falling, and in some corner of my mind I registered the physical pain in my body the fall had brought on, but it was all lost in a deluge of images and thoughts. Though my body refused to respond, the pulling on my soul still tried to drag me onward, as if it may rip itself from my physical form and be done with it. If Recognition was anything like this wrenching, invasive feeling, I wanted no part of it.
    The corner of my mind that registered the pain I was in slowly faded into a warm feeling washing over me. Struggling to see through the mental onslaught the errant thought floated through my head that I had been healed. But it wasnt long before the physical world ceased to exist altogether, leaving me unable to wake or move, but still able to hear the Sends from the palace, which had become stronger now that I was asleep. And just as before, I dreamed...

I was alone in the dark this time, there were no images of the palace, or voices, or scenes of violence. No, this time there was nothing, it seemed almost peaceful, save for the powerful energy I felt. <>What am I doing here?<> I sent in the darkness, peering around trying to see something, though I could feel in some sense that I was dreaming and nothing here could hurt me. I didnt expect an answer, it was a dream after all. But I got one, a Send boomed in my mind, in the same voice as the black haired sunfolk from my previous dream.
    <> You have been chosen. The Palace awaits its new masters.<>
    Frustration grew within me. In sending there was only truth, a soul cannot lie to another soul. But this Send from the mystery man was vague and told me nothing useful. <>Chosen for what? And who are you? If you wish harm to my tribespeople you will have to answer to me...<> As I sent this last bit a small growl rose from deep within my throat. I was sick of getting no answers, weary of the constant invasion of my mind, and though I didnt know if I could make good on my threat I knew one thing for certain. I would die trying.
    I felt a sense of amusement in the send that responded. <>Child, that wont be necissary. You and your tribespeople will be honored guests at the Palace of the High Ones, where you will stand beside me. As for who I am.....<>

Suddenly a warm mellow light spread throughout my mind, and the torrent of sending I was receiving lessened a bit. The words of the strange man faded as well, of course at a most inopportune time, but for the moment I didnt care. I felt more at peace than I had been in days, and my sleep faded into a timelessness of dark and quiet.

~*~*~

"....unwrap her. She's starting to come to..."
    Before I even opened my eyes I could tell we had arrived at the Palace, and were inside. For one, not only had the call almost completely disappeared, but deep within my heart I felt an almost overwhelming sense of belonging. This was home, though I had never been here before. The peace and calm being here brought to me took away any sense that this might be a trap, after all, this was the High Ones' Palace. How could I, a mere 25 years old, understand what has existed for lifetimes? Secondly, as my eyes opened and I gazed wonderingly around me, I could tell the structure I was in was like nothing else Ive ever seen crafted by human, elf or troll hands. To say it looked as though it was carved from ice would be inaccurate. More like if it were carved from the purest crystal, refracting the light of the sun and a thousand rainbows, so it almost seemed that the inside of the Palace was emitting its own ambient light. It was strange to behold, but the strangest thing of all wasnt the sights or sounds. It was the feeling, it almost felt like sending of pure joy, but not. And with a start I realised what it was.

<>I can hear them....the souls of Elves.<> I sent to the others as I stood up, brushing the webs from my clothes and hair. Surprise and wonder lit upon the faces of my fellow wolfriders, as I looked around, almost feeling if I tried hard enough I could see them. <>There are so many, they blend together...if I had time...maybe...<> But before I could finish the thought, a send interrupted me. One I rarely heard, and so it came as a surprised hearing it now, of all times.

<>Thank...you. For saving Little Sister.<> It was Kiyiya, and she was sitting beside Mist, one paw on his foot and her muzzle in his hand. She gave his hand a small lick and strode over to where Sebas was standing. Giving his hand a lick also, she looked up at him and Lilyglow. <> Thanks to you and the little one also...<> Bowing her head slightly she padded over across the slick looking floor to rest beside me, as I stared wonderingly the two wolfriders she had sent to.

"You're welcome." Mist said simply, looking slightly embarrassed, whereas Sebas just nodded. Kneeling down I gave Kiyiya a hug around her neck, for a brief moment lock-sending with her. She sent me impressions of the journey and how the two wolfriders cared for me and kept me safe when I could no longer care for myself. I stood up and looked at them with new eyes. <>It seems I owe you thanks as well. Im sorry I was such a burden on the way here...<> Mist nodded, his quiet voice seeming to almost echo in the silence of the palace. "Its alright, Im a healer. I did what any decent person would."

Suddenly the small preserver, which I soon found its name to be Lilyglow, began to chatter excitedly. "More Highthings come to homeplace! Is much good~~ Is almost like Belonging Time, right Redshadow Highthing?" It gave a large happy grin and tugged slightly on Sebas' hair. He sighed and spoke in a confused voice. "Im not sure what your talking about Lilyglow, I dont know where we are."

Suddenly a part of what Lilyglow meant became obvious. There were other elves here, Sunfolk by the looks of them. And a large creature which I had never seen in my travels between the wolfrider holt and my Goback mother's lodge, a creature which also seemed to rub the wolves the wrong way. They werent sure whether to growl at it or be frightened of the large scaly creature which seemed to be friends with the short red-haired Sunfolk. Based on what Ive learned from the Chiefs Sunfolk lifemate, her people were a peaceful people, so I doubted we had anything to fear from them. Even so, I moved cautiously around the creature as I stepped forward to greet the others....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ill add more to this tomorrow before the large plot moving post. I have a massive headache atm >.<

Jonas, Heart of Wolves
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear of the Unwanted Journey......

He stared at the palace piercing into the skyline from the crest of the nearest hill. For a long time he stared at the palace. He knew what it was. He had seen it from a bit beyond this distance once when he was a pup of a warrior on Cutter's crusade. Being closer to it now, unlike his fellow elves it seemed, did not put him at ease. Jonas felt that it should, could feel the soothing welcoming pull upon his soul towards it, yet somehow wanted with every fiber to pull away and go back.

Kira licked his hand and tried to nudge him towards the place. They had both seen the other elves arrive. Two tribes at least were represented by those they had observed arrive and enter the palace. He'd guessed that despite his unwillingness to enter they'd been the first to actually arrive at the site.

"I know, Kira, I know. I have to go in, too," he whispered reassuringly as he gently scratched behind her ears.

With a heavy sigh he started walking, Kira falling in at his side with a playful hop. Somehow she had finally convinced him to move towards his own kind. The pair walked down from the hill and to the palace at a slow, crawling pace. Jonas was clearly in no hurry to get there.

When they finally did arrive, Jonas walked in, Kira at his side. He didn't say a word, his expression was cold and resentful, perhaps bitter, but he vocalized nothing. In sharp contrast, one could practically feel the joy and excitement pouring off of the young Kira. She was clearly excited to be among other wolves and elves. Without saying a word to anyone, Jonas walked over to a corner and sat down against the wall to await whatever it was they had been summoned for. Kira hesitated a moment, seeming eager to greet everyone personally, but eventually followed Jonas and laid down with her head in his lap looking out at everyone.

Advanced Trainer

I MADE THE DEADLINE!! XDD Well, I would've posted before now but I was out of town at Otakon from Thursday til Sunday without internetz.

Ruya:

**Your heart's desire glimmers within the darkness**

I felt it. This overwhelming feeling of being home. The warm comfort of knowing you were where you were meant to be. That was how I knew we had arrived at our destination.

As we approached, the image of the castle that I had seen in my earlier vision now came back into my mind, only much stronger this time. Even with my eyes shut I could see the colorful, glimmering spires, the magnificent arches, and the plethora of crystalline colors. Never before had I experienced such beauty, even when my eyes had been open. The magic from this place had to be enormous for it to penetrate my shadowed world, and since I was sensitive to magical energies it almost overwhelmed me.

I was so distracted by the force that compelled me forward I nearly didn't notice the other separate energy signatures that had congregated as well. Upon further focus I could tell them were elves, though not of the Sunfolk. I also sensed a smaller, glowing aura that I assumed to be a Preserver, a small faerie-like creature. How it had come this far, I did not know, only presumed that it had arrived with the others. I had never encounter the elves of the other tribes before, and I was understandably wary. While I knew intuitively they were not there to harm us I still held back momentarily, waiting for whomever would make the first move.

I didn't have to wait long, for I heard a soft female voice speak directly into my mind.
    "Greetings, friends. I am Frostfur." The voice was accompanied by the image of a face, bluish-white hair and blue-green eyes. A Sender? Who else could give such vivid mental messages but a master of Sending? I had limited knowledge of Sending myself, only able to do the very basics, but this Frostfur was quite skilled. She continued. "I can only assume you have traveled here for the same reason we have."

I paused before answering, reading Frostfur's aura and determining no ill will within it. I smiled in greeting with a small nod.
    "Indeed. It appears this call was a far-spread one. Representatives from all corners of the world are present here, it seems." I paused and held out my hand to my mother, who read my intention and held it so I could safely dismount from the back of my Zwoot. She followed suit as well and I could feel her standing next to me, along with Zek. "I am Ruya, of the SunFolk. This is my mother, Windsong, and the short one there is Zekekii."

"And Kozu! Do not forget Kozu of the Sun!" Zek pipped up. I could sense his excitement at meeting new people.
    "Of course, and Kozu," I added. "We have traveled across the Burning Wastes and through the depths of the Troll Caverns to find this place, but alas I am unsure of what this place is exactly. All I know... is that we are being summoned by whatever, or whoever, is inside."

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

Ok the deadline is here so those who have posted are spared a horrible fate XD I will be posting the plot mover tomorrow after my docs appointment because I have a splitting headache, so look forward to it ^v^ if anyone who has already posted wants to do another one until then your free to <3

Elite Trainer

Rayek smiled as he watched his 'children' look around the palace in wonder. They came, but of course he knew they would. They couldn't resist the call, they were the Chosen Ones. Though some of them might not know it their powers were among the strongest of their people. He didn't know any of them personally, they had never met, but he felt as though he knew them more intimately than a lover. The call was indeed a bit like recognition, though he didnt know their soul names he felt he had a piece of all of them inside him. But one in particular stood out--there was a very powerful Sender among them. She had actually been powerful enough to sense his memories, but he had a feeling that had been helped along by the fact she, too, was also there, though she was too young to remember consiously. She had even managed to converse with him in Spirit, something only a few could manage, and these few were mostly Elders.
    Rayek probably should have been worried, after all, he was outnumbered by Elves which had the greatest potential of anyone currently living, himself excluded. But why would he be, having lived and studied in the palace for many years, and earned the powers of the gliders through intense study, training, and meditation, he felt there was nothing he couldnt do. He fancied himself a High One, and was ready to start a new world with himself as the leader. Arrogence often throws caution to the wind. But Rayek underestimated the spirit which his Chosen "children" possessed.

He had waited until they had all come together in the Palaces main room. All four tribes of Elves were in attendance--((Cutter isnt the only one who can bring the tribes together, Rayek bitterly thought)), and upon closer inspection, he noticed the highest concentration lay within the tribes of the Sun Folk and the Wolfriders. He had expected a high concentration of Sun Folk (the most magic proficient tribe in existance, considering Gliders were a dying breed) but he was disturbed by the number of the beast-elves. Even now, Cutter was mocking him through his tribespeople, it would have been better if Timmain had never sired the half wolf first chief of the wolfriders. He would find a way to fix that, killing them was out of the question, but surely they would respect the guidance of a future High One...

"Greetings Children..." He spoke to them, jolting them out of whatever conversations they might have been in. Nine faces turned towards him, ten if you counted the small Preserver which had accompanied the wolfriders here. You must be wondering why your here...why you have been called." He had their attention now, of course they wanted to know. They had left their homes to chase a feeling they didnt understand. Smiling, he marvelled again at how innocent and childlike they were compared to him. Indeed many of them were young, able to be shaped and molded. "Yes, I called you here, do you know what this place is?"

<>The Palace of the High Ones...<> A send rang through everyones minds as Rayek turned his gaze to the Sender. "Ah yes, thats correct, you must be Frostfur, the Sender. We've had many conversations while you journeyed, do you remember?" She looked surprised at what he had said, but the surprise quickly turned to a knowing look, confirming he was right. Before she could answer however, a quiet voice spoke up. "That journey would have killed her if she had made it alone. If you are the one who called us here..." Rayek turned his attention to a light haired wolfrider, with an angry look on his face. "Well, so you must be Mist then, the healer. Yes, before you ask, I know you all, Ive seen you in my meditations. Killed her you say? Maybe, but if she has as much potential as I thought, she would be strong enough to make the journey. As she is here with us now, I dont see a reason to complain?"

Shrugging slightly, a smile on his face, he floated down from his perch above them to stand among them, studying each one as they looked on, confused and curious. He named them all as he walked by, to their surprise and sometimes mistrusting anger, until he came to Aroree the Glider. "The last remaining glider.....how far your people have fallen. Tried to make a substitute Palace, and live as High Ones within your lonely mountain. How far did it get you...well." He turned away from her, moving back towards where the Wolfriders had gathered to gaze suspiciously at Rayek. "It doesnt matter, because we are going to do things the right way this time. This world has tainted our people in more ways than one, so we will leave it all behind. In fact." He smiled, not a pleasant sight. "We already have."

The atmosphere of confusion in the Palace quickly turned to fear at this revelation, and though there were no windows in the Palace, somehow they knew that he had spoke the truth. Seemingly unaware at their alarm, Rayek studied the Wolfriders with the air of an artist who had noticed a flaw in his work. "But we need to also leave behind what this world has done to our bodies. The beast within the Blood of Cutters tribe will shorten your life, you will die of old age instead of grow taller and more powerful with age. A High One should not die, and High Ones are what you all shall be." His gaze finally rested on the healer. "The wolf blood must be removed for you to truely become High Ones. A healer can do this, I have seen it done. Consider it healing your tribespeople of a fatal condition which always results eventually in death."

Mist looked stunned as he tried to comprehend what he was being asked to do. He turned to look at his tribespeople, to see them wearing looks of shock and anger. His own anger, which rarely surfaced from his gentle nature, began to grow as he shook his head. "Our wolf blood was a gift from the High One Timmain, and even though I am only half, I was raised in the Wolfrider tribe. Our wolf blood, our connection with the wolves, makes us who we are. I would be no better than a murderer if I removed it, especially against someones will." Rayek's eyes flashed, he was unaccustomed to being denied. How dare this child refuse? Didnt he understand he and his people were sentencing themselves to a slow eventual death? Didnt he CARE?

A firey rage welled up inside him, and as he stared daggars at the healer he saw not Mist, but Cutter, impetuous, hardheaded Cutter who's very prescence had turned his life upside down. Flourishing his hand in the direction of the wolf at Mist's feet, he barely concentrated as he levitated the wolf above the elves' heads, grinning as the wolf alternated snarling and whimpering, ignoring the outcry of outrage from the wolfriders. "You will do it, Child, or I will kill the precious wolf you hold dear. If you still refuse I will kill theirs as well."
    Suddenly an arrow whizzed past his head. Dropping the wolf in his astonishment, he ignored its pained yelp as he looked in the direction the arrow came from, in time to see Frostfur readying another one. The other wolfriders also leapt to their weapons, along with the Goback. Thinking quickly, he reached out again with his mind, this time grabbing ahold of the Glider. Floating her quickly across the room he used her as a shield against their attacks. "Stop!" he bellowed to them, feeling like a trapped rat suddenly surrounded by cats he thought were kittens. "You cant do this to me--"
    He believed he was safe, for no elf would willingly kill another elf, it simply was not done. But he never finished his sentence for he didnt count on the violent passions of the Goback man. The Goback who had lost his father to trolls while trying to reclaim the Palace, the Goback who spent his life dreaming of the day where his people could come home. This Goback man saw reflected in Rayeks eyes something worse than the trolls which he fought. The trolls had kept it as a curiousity, but Rayek wanted more. He wanted to be its master and only share it with those he deemed worthy. Rayek made a mockery of what his father and many others of his tribe died for.
    And so in an instant without rational thought, he drove his weapon deep into the Glider, piercing Rayek in the process. Aroree dropped to the ground with a cry, gasping as she fell fatally wounded. Rayek also gasped, holding his side and falling to his knees, and it was in that instant the world was thrown into chaos.
    The Palace, no longer being held up by Rayeks powers, began to tumble through space in time. The elves, wolves, lizard, and Zwoots inside also tumbled, striking the walls as they tried to hang onto anything to stabilize themselves. They seemed to fall forever, until finally with a crash and a thud, the Palace hit the earth of a strange and wonderous new land.

And now the elves found themselves in the shoes of their ancestors, lost and alone on a New World....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok everyone is free to post now ^-^ Go ahead and post impression of what just happened if you want, and everyone in the palace will be at the very least bruised and sore from the crash. You can make up anything about this new world but keep in mind its primitive and the palace has crashed landed in a deep forest at night.