Thread: Shedinja advice?

Default Shedinja advice?

Since I'm posting for something else already...

I recently got my hands on a shiny Shedinja, and I want to make it part of an all-ghost team. But I must confess, I'm not 100% sure of what moveset suits Shedinja. I've been sort of out of the loop for a while too. Is it best to make it into a Sweeper (that is the right term, yes?) with a bunch of powerful offensive moves to deal as much damage as possible to his opponents before they manage to get one who can KO him, or is it best to go with a more technical design that would prevent/punish the opponent for switching around and attacking him?

I had thought "Toxic Spikes" would have been a great move for Shedinja, but apparently it can't learn it, which is a bit of a disappointment.

I've also heard of a tactic called "Trickbanding" which involves using Trick and an item like the Choice Band. I thought this might be a delicious little maneuver for Shedinja that could really screw up something trying to fight it- but it could easily go wrong too, so I'm not sure. Plus if it's an excessively cheap tactic I wouldn't want to go in for it.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice available, from specific movesets to just saying "Oh, yeah, make it a sweeper." Keep in mind that I can't teach it any moves by breeding, since I want to keep this shiny.

Oh, and incidentally, the other members of the team that I have in mind are Froslass, Spiritomb, Rotom, Misdreivus, and possibly Gengar (the last two spots are contended by the ghost-balloon and Dusclops' evolution. I don't like the look of 'em myself, but if they're strong...)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    *yawn*

Possibly temporarily back. Again.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Shedinja advice?

One good move for Shedinja is protect since it lets you scout out if your opponent has a move that could take you down. You also have to plan your other team members, anything like Spikes or Sandstorm could take Shedinja down before it can lift a finger so you should probably have a rapid spinner and maybe something that can change the weather in your favor just in case.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: Shedinja advice?

Ooooh Ghost mechanics .

Umm, well immediately I think of Sheddy and I think of Sweeper because of its low HP and weakness to weather/residual damage. You can follow Jeff's advice and give it Protect to scout-as well as give it a Focus Sash-so that (barring any weather change, Spikes or any other weird attack with some secondary hit) it can survive being struck by any attack for one round.

If you go the Sweeper Route-X-Scissor and Sucker Punch are your best bets for Physical strikes, Sucker because you can hit Normals. The last move can be given to any other attack you think would be helpful for your team (since your team is all ghost, I don't wanna actually think of a move set until I have an idea what your team is going to look like...) Yeah, thats about it for me

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.