Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lune the Guardian vs. Wolfsong (Referee: Heald)

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Lune the Guardian vs. Wolfsong (Referee: Heald)

Rules:
    - 2 vs. 2
    - I'll send out the first pokémon.
    - You issue the first attacks.
    - DQ time: 1 week
    - Arena: A flat grassy meadow. There are a few rocks scattered about, but no trees in sight. There is also a large pond in the area.

I'll choose Legacy, my silver male Dratini.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 15th April 2009 at 07:40 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Default Re: I challenge Wolfsong (Referee: Heald?)

The pond again? Haha. I'm here and I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Wolfsong (Referee: Heald)

Ha, thanks, I've edited the post accordingly. ^_^

Yes, the pond - I cannot figure out a fairer standard arena for all pokémon types. If I remove the pond, some water types will not be function very well there. If I make it an indoor arena, weather-dependent pokémon or flying types won't get to use their full potential. I forgot to add rocks for rock-flinging attacks last time, but they're there now. The arena's not completely balanced, and I'm trying to think of a better fair, simple arena that isn't disadvantageous to any type, but I haven't come across the solution yet. (I'm open to suggestions!)

I know I'm being boring by using Legacy again I've been making way too many mistakes in my other two battles though, so I'm trying to clean up my strategy.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 15th April 2009 at 06:23 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

I like balanced arenas that are yet somehow more dramatic. The arena I chose for my battle with Andrew is a large Greek temple ruin with much of the roof missing, but I suppose you wouldn't field a fish there. Maybe I ought to choose the top of a huge waterfall for my next one.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ah, you've got a good point - I've been too lazy to think about that, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll give it some thought for my future battles. Makes it a little more exciting.

I do have an incredibly complicated arena saved as my Elite Four battle location from years back, but I realized that it gave the referees headaches just reading about the wall of text. Come to think of it, it wasn't 100% balanced either - Earthquake didn't work there (it was a floating palace), neither did weather moves, and it was eternally night time.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 15th April 2009 at 06:28 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

That location you mentioned sounds rather familiar...wasn't that your old gym, Lune?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Yes, I even said that in my previous post. o_O It was my Elite Four battle location. The arena that challengers would have to battle me on for my medallion. It wasn't a very clever arena to use - I spent a lot of time making it look cool. I used to be a very stupid person. Well, I guess it was good for my starter Dragonair, Legacy - the moat was a good place for him to take cover in when the meteorite showers happened every third round. The ban on Earthquake and weather moves was pretty stupid. I had a lot of powerful Earthquakers. I did have a lot of nocturnal pokémon, though, so the eternal night condition helped me a little.

I usually did 3v3s, had Legacy beat the first pokémon and do a lot of damage to the second one, then sent out a Baton Passer like Umbreon (Moonlight too, yay!), Scyther, Ariados, or Absol... finished off the second pokémon, Baton Passed to a Ghost (Gengar or Misdreavus) then tried to beat the third one. Misdreavus had nifty things like Pain Split, both of them had Destiny Bond which I would use if they were ever losing (or Gengar could use Explosion). And my 2nd slot Baton Passer would be intact.

Oh. I did send out a Pikachu as a joke once there, though, and it came up against a Dragonite... I guess the ban on Earthquake was handy there.
    Last edited by Lune the Guardian; 15th April 2009 at 07:09 PM.
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

All right, I think i'm going to use Angel my Female Absol. Angel, start out with Calm Mind. Follow that up with Icy Wind. Finally finish with Night Slash.

Calm Mind ~ Icy Wind ~ Night Slash
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I apologize for the clutter and random tangents that I have a tendency to make

Wrap yourself around Angel's neck (the majority of your body should be behind her head) and don't let go if you can help it. Hopefully this places you in a position to avoid her next attacks. Channel a Thunder Wave into her body and complete the round with Toxic.
    ~ Lune ~

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

But then you wouldn't be you Lune!

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Lune the Guardian vs. Wolfsong (Referee: Heald)

True enough I just feel bad for making Heald dig through a bunch of random posts just to figure out what our attacks and the species of our pokémon are.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

10 posts in and no reffing? Unacceptable.

Handily, because it is the same arena, I can use the same intro

The two trainers arrive at the plain, glaring at each other intently. Each is grasping a Pokeball, each staring each other in the eye, waiting for the other to make the first move. Suddenly, unexpectedly and inexplicably, a bright light appears in the middle of the pond, and from the pond the referee rises on a cloud, with the music O Verona blaring from his cloud. He looks at both trainers, nods and floats further up into the air, safely out of harms way. He raises both his arms and simply utters,

Begin.

Lune the Guardian versus Wolfsong

Round 1

Arena
    Calm and serene

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

100HP/100EP
    Fresh

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    100HP/100EP
    Fresh

Angel at first doesn't even notice her opponent, or at least that's the impression she is giving. Instead, she closes her eyes and begins to meditate, using Calm Mind to boost her skills (-2). However, Legacy doesn't care about her little ritual and instead launches himself straight at Angel, wrapping tightly around her neck with Wrap (-2)(-2).

Angel opens her eyes and tries to shake the persisent Legacy off her head, but to no avail. She begins then trying to gnash at Legacy, who keeps dodging her head out of the way. Angel growls and suddenly turns her head around, facing Legacy and manages to hit him with Icy Wind (-4)(-12)! Legacy, face now covered in icicles, blinks, shakes off the cold stuff and then closes his eyes down tightly, pulsating with electrical energy, and sends a Thunder Wave through Angel's body, paralyzing her (-2)! Legacy also tightens his grip (-2).

Angel begins to power up for her next attack but suddenly her muscles lock up, leaving her vulnerable! Legacy takes the opportunity to throw up on the back of her head with Toxic (-6). Angel looks none too pleased to be covered with this purplish-green ooze and shudders as the poisonous fumes take their effect on her (-2). Legacy continues to tighten his grip (-2).

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

88HP/90EP
    Thinks throwing up on people is funny, especially when
    you're wrapped around their neck
    Speed Reduced

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    92HP/94EP
    Eww...sludge
    Paralyzed, Badly Poisoned
    Special Attack and Special Defence Increased

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Hahaha, you mischievous little demon ^_^ Good start. Flamethrower, Shock Wave, Thunderbolt.
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Angel, try knocking Legacy off with Knock Off. Then hit him with a toxic of your own. Finally finish with Dark Pulse.

Knock Off ~ Toxic ~ Dark Pulse
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

why wub woo Moderator

Round 2

Arena
    Calm and serene

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

88HP/90EP
    Speed Reduced

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    92HP/94EP
    Eww...sludge

Angel has clearly had enough of this dragon being wrapped around her neck and, with all her might, tries to shake him off with Knock-Off. Legacy is resilient, but finally Angel manages to slam Legacy into the ground, loosening his grip and he falls onto the ground (-2)(-4). Legacy spins around and surprises Angel with a Flamethrower to the face (-4)(-6)!

Angel shakes off the singed hairs and fur and growls at Legacy, who lets out a little yelp of terror. Angel then has a devilish smile and repays the favour from Legacy earlier by opening her mouth and covering her with Toxic sludge, badly poisoning him (-6)! Legacy shakes off the sludge and then lets out a surge of electrical waves from his horn, blasting Angel back with Shock Wave (-2)(-4).

Angel recovers quickly and begins to power up dark energy, however, the paralysis kicks in, locking her muscles up and leaving her defenceless! Legacy grins and crackles with electrical energy, firing off a powerful Thunderbolt, striking Angel with great power (-4)(-8)!

Legacy feels the effect of the poison (-2), as does Angel (-4).

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

82HP/80EP
    Speed Reduced, Badly Poisoned

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    70HP/86EP
    Eww...sludge

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice work Angel. Now start with another icy wind. Then follow that up with dark pulse. Finally finish with a thunderbolt of your own.

Icy Wind ~ Dark Pulse ~ Thunderbolt
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Get in range with a Body Slam, set up a Substitute, and hit her from point blank range with Dragon Rush.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Round 3

Arena
    Calm and serene

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

82HP/80EP
    Speed Reduced, Badly Poisoned

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    70HP/86EP
    Eww...sludge

Legacy begins the round by pumping all the muscles in his worm-like body and then suddenly leaps up about twenty feet into the air, focussing his eyes on Angel below. Angel grins, seeing Legacy is now an easy target and hits him with Icy Wind (-4)(-14). Legacy charges through this breeze, however, taking the brunt of the damage and coming down hard upon Angel with Body Slam (-4)(-10).

Angel begins to power up for another attack, but the paralysis kicks in once again, leaving her vulnerable! Legacy doesn't take the initiative, instead deciding to make a Substitute (-6)(-25).

Angel is not having a good day here, trying yet again to overcome her paralysis but it is just not going away, instead locking up her muscles, leaving her very vulnerable. Legacy charges up much draconic energy and charges towards Angel, slamming her with a powerful Dragon Rush (-6)(-17).

Legacy feels the effect of the poison (-4), as does Angel (-6).

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

39HP/64EP
    Confident
    Speed Greatly Reduced, Badly Poisoned
    Substitute Fully Intact

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    47HP/82EP
    Stupid paralysis!

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Right. Try to flank her. Approach her from behind, keeping her between you and the Substitute, so that you don't both take area damage. Force her to deal with the Substitute before she deals with you. We'll need to keep our distance for the first two attacks, although the damage may not be as effective. Rain Dance, Thunder, Aqua Tail.
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Blizzard until the sub is gone then ice beam. Then if you still have an action left, thunder wave.

Blizzard ~ Blizzard/Ice Beam ~ Blizzard/Ice beam/Thunder Wave
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

why wub woo Moderator

Round 4

Arena
    Calm and serene

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

39HP/64EP
    Confident
    Speed Greatly Reduced, Badly Poisoned
    Substitute Fully Intact

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    47HP/82EP
    Stupid paralysis!

Angel suddenly perks up, her paralysis not taking affect this turn and she surprises the unsuspecting Legacy, or at least his substitute, with a powerful Blizzard (-8)(-26), destroying the substitute entirely! The real Legacy has opted to begin some kind of bizarre ritual, causing the skies to be covered with dark clouds and rain begins to pour as Legacy uses Rain Dance (-8).

Angel doesn't seem too distracted by the rain and fires her next attack, Ice Beam, at the now open Legacy. She scores a direct hit, knocking Legacy away with a powerful icy blow (-6)(-20). Legacy recovers quickly, however, and charges up with electrical energy, firing off a huge bolt of electricity. Thanks to the rain, it finds its target easily, and Angel is hit by a tremendous Thunder attack (-6)(-11)!

Angel shakes off the shocks and darts towards Legacy, firing off weak electrical waves that begin to paralyse him as well, using Thunder Wave (-2). Legacy winces under the effect of these waves, but spies the moment of opportunity and takes the initiative, smacking Angel away with Aqua Tail (-6)(-9).

Legacy feels the effect of the poison (-6), as does Angel (-8).

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

13HP/44EP
    Cold and ill
    Speed Greatly Reduced
    Badly Poisoned, Paralyzed

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    19HP/66EP
    Shocking!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Since it's raining, start with a thunder of your own. IF for soem reason its not raining any more, use dark pulse. Follow that up with faint attack. Finally finish with dark pulse.

Thunder/Dark Pulse ~ Faint Attack ~ Dark Pulse.
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Get in close range with Body Slam, then combine Extremespeed with Dragon Rush.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Round 5

Arena
    Raining

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

13HP/44EP
    Cold and ill
    Speed Greatly Reduced
    Badly Poisoned, Paralyzed

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    19HP/66EP
    Shocking!

Both Pokemon square up, the rain beating down upon them. They have both taken a vicious beating in this match but they are still raring for more. The one who manages to strike the next critical blow could possibly seal the win. Legacy then glares at Angel and begins darting towards her, preparing to attack. Legacy then leaps into the air and appears to prepare to hit Angel with tremendous force. Angel, however, begins to charge with electrical energy and fires a ferocious bolt at Legacy, striking him with Thunder (-6)(-14). This attack is so powerful it throws Legacy to the side, where he lays unconscious. The referee teleports next to the fallen body of Legacy, notes the obvious and states,
    "Legacy is unable to continue fighting."

Angel is pleased to have won, but winces, feeling the poison taking effect (-10).

Legacy
    Dratini (M)

0HP/44EP
    Fainted!

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    9HP/60EP
    Victory!

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Pretty nasty attack for something that Dragon is resistant against... Before I send out my next pokémon and attacks, I would just like to confirm that that's really the intended damage? Just checking since Legacy did less damage with his Thunder and Angel is not resistant to Electric attacks. I realize that Angel has some Special Attack increase too, but I'd like to make sure anyway Thanks!
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

I know Dragons are resistant to electricity but I've figured that both Pokemon will now be soaking wet, thus more susceptible to electrical attacks. I also scale the Special Attack increase in relation to how powerful the attack is. Also, Angel has a special defence increase, hence why Thunder did not do as much damage. I took all these factors and I also use a random number generator to determine the scale of Angel's attack and Angel rolled very high. Similarly, last round Legacy rolled low for damage.

I'm sorry if you feel aggrieved but I feel I've explained my method as best as I can.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Ah, I should've used Extremespeed first then. I need to stop making assumptions. Thanks for the explanation.

I'll choose Phobia, my female Misdreavus.

Substitute, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Angel, I know you're tired but you've done a great job so far. I want you to start with Taunt. Then, if you can still go, use Torment. Finally finish with icy wind.

Taunt ~ Torment ~ Icy Wind
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

why wub woo Moderator

Round 6

Arena
    Raining

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

100HP/100EP
    Fresh

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    9HP/60EP
    Victory!

Phobia emerges from her Pokeball ready to fight and immediately glows white, leaving a Substitute in her place, floating away discretely in order to trick Angel (-6)(-25). Angel, not taking any notice of the substitute, begins to Taunt Phobia into attacking her (-2). Phobia is clearly riled by this.

Phobia begins to crackle with electrical energy, firing a Thunderbolt straight at Angel, striking her with deadly force (-6)(-9). Angel is knocked down by this blast, unable to recover from this attack. The referee appears in a cloud of smoke, nods and raises his arm.
    "Angel is no longer able to battle."

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

75HP/88EP
    Riled up

versus

Angel
    Absol (F)
    0HP/58EP
    Fainted!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice work, Angel. Now, I choose Abby my female Shinx. Abby, start with a sub of your own. Then, follow that up with flash. Finish with Discharge.

Substitute ~ Flash ~ Discharge
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Shadow Ball, Psychic, Ice Beam.
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Sorry I've taken so long. Lune, I can't find a source anywhere that says Misdreavus can use Ice Beam. Can you either provide a source or change the attack? Thanks.

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

On Crystal apparently, by the Move Tutor there ^_^; It lists on veekun. Also it does not show on her main page on Bulbapedia, but if you search Ice Beam then Misdreavus shows on the list. I think they should list the moves all in one spot but they don't list anything other than current generation learnsets by current generation TM, breeding, level, etc.

In the future though, if it does turn out that I'm an idiot and ordered an invalid move, don't give me a chance to change it Make me pay for my mistake, my pokémon will not do anything for that action.

Also don't worry about taking too long - stuff happens, we understand. ^_^
    ~ Lune ~

why wub woo Moderator

Thanks. Honestly, I searched 'Misdreavus - Ice Beam' in Google and every Pokedex turned up negative, but that one didn't appear. I honestly hate this game sometimes.

Round 7

Arena
    Raining

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

75HP/88EP
    Riled up
    Substitute Fully Intact

versus

Abby
    Shinx (F)
    100HP/100EP
    Fresh

Abby begins the round by copying Phobia on the carbon-copy front and glows white, before leaping out of the way, leaving a perfect Substitute (-6)(-25) in her place. Phobia, still riled by last round's taunting, fires off a powerful Shadow Ball at the substitute, dealing some damage to it but not destroying it (-4)(-12).

Abby decides to hide behind her substitute and, finding the right timing, leaps up and lets out a blinding Flash that catches Phobia off guard, cutting her accuracy (-2). Phobia winces and attempts to seek out Abby. She thinks she has spotted her and fires off a blast of Psychic, however, it only destroys a misshapen bush (-6).

Abby smiles and leaps towards Phobia's substitute, letting off a Discharge of electrical energy, stunning the substitute by not destroying it (-6)(-14). Phobia retaliates by firing a wild Ice Beam, managing to strike a blow on Abby's substitute (-6)(-12).

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

75HP/72EP
    Wincing from the Flash
    Substitute Intact

versus

Abby
    Shinx (F)
    75HP/86EP
    Ready
    Substitute Intact

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Same, it seemed weird to me that Misdreavus could learn Ice Beam too. I never owned a Crystal so I was surprised.

Calm Mind, Icy Wind, Psychic
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Nice Work, Abs. Start with another flash. Then follow that up with discharge. If the substitute was destroyed, use thunder wave. Otherwise, finish up with another discharge.

Flash ~ Discharge ~ Thunder Wave/Discharge
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

why wub woo Moderator

If you're interested, I've put my rules for Pokemon with depleted energy at the bottom. I know it is slightly different from my last match Lune, but I feel this system allows for a more dynamic battle. I just wanted to warn you in advance, should it go that far. Also, I realise I made an energy mistake last round so Abby gets 2EP that I shouldn't have taken off last round, as Discharge should use 4EP, not 6.

Round 8

Arena
    Raining

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

75HP/72EP
    Wincing from the Flash
    Substitute Intact

versus

Abby
    Shinx (F)
    75HP/88EP
    Ready
    Substitute Intact

Phobia begins to relax and begins to become transparent, a light purple energy gently pulsating inside of her becoming visible as she uses Calm Mind, raising her special stats (-2). Abby begins to charge up electrical energy and, leaping a few feet into the air, disperses a blinding Flash that worsens Phobia's sight (-2).

Phobia then floats towards Abby's substitute and, taking in a breath, blows out an Icy Wind, destroying the substitute (-4)(-10). Abby, on the other hand, sparking with electrical energy, attacks Phobia's substitute with Discharge, shattering her substitute as well (-4)(-13)!

The two square up, now knowing they are fighting the real deal. Phobia winces as she tries to aim at Abby with still recovering eyes and begins blasting with Psychic (-6). However, Abby, knowing Phobia is blinded by the continous flashes, manages to dodge the poorly aimed blasts and fires a Thunder Wave at Phobia, paralyzing her (-2)!

As the round comes to a close, the rain begins to subside, and grey clouds disperse, leaving only a few white clouds, giving some shade from the sun.

Phobia
    Misdreavus (F)

75HP/60EP
    Wincing from the Flash
    Paralyzed

versus

Abby
    Shinx (F)
    75HP/80EP
    Confident

FYI: 1EP = 1HP
    Relaxing 1 action will recover 8EP

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

All right, good to know, thanks
    ~ Lune ~

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

sorry things have been hectic irl lately. Good work, Abs. Now, start with Discharge. Then charge and finish up with another discharge.

Discharge ~ Charge ~ Discharge
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Got CSI?

Dream Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Fire off Thunder Wave till you're successful, followed by Ice Beam, then Psychic if you have time.
    ~ Lune ~