Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Heart Gold/Soul Silver Announcements

POKéMON MASTER Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Heart Gold/Soul Silver Announcements

i've been looking forward to a european release date for a while. now i'm happy

Ooooooooooooooooo! Shiny!!!

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Still no rom leak. Though its possible it comes today at some stage. The game is released in a day and a half.

So far the gyms look the same. Elsewhere this has people disappointed. Serebii exclusively released information. Seems legendary pokemon from 3rd generation are available as well as the legendary birds from FR/LR and D/P/PT. Also no Jirachi (but Japan had that event) and no Deoxys. It seems we are able to pick up a FR/LG starter and a Hoenn starter.

Snorlax can be seen outside Diglett's Cave at Level 50 and Red is in Silver Cave again. In terms of a difference. You need to defeat Monks before you reach Falkner's cave.

In terms of the Gyms. A player posting at 2ch is through to Jasmine. Rossymore posted the first few gyms on the site. To be honest I don't actually find it newsworthy enough to post and I'd sooner know more about the gyms. For instance the trainers inside those gyms etc.

But gym leader details.

Falkner: Level 9 Pidgey and Level 13 Pidgeotto. Reward is Roost.

Bugsy: Level 15 Metapod, Level 15 Kakunam and Level 17 Scyther holding a Sitrus Berry. Reward is U-Turn.

Whitney: Level 17 Clefairy and Level 19 Miltank holding a Lum Berry with the attacks; Attract, Stomp, Milk Drink and Rollout. The TM Attract is rewarded.

Morty: Level 21 Gastly, Level 21 Haunter, Level 23 Haunter and Level 25 Gengar holding a Sitrus Berry. Shadow Ball TM rewarded.

Chuck: Level 29 Primeape with Double Team, Leer, Rockslide and Surf. Level 31 Poliwrath with Hypnosis, Body Slam, Focus Punch and Surf holding a Sitrus Berry. TM Focus Punch rewarded.

Jasmine: Level 30 Magnemite, another Level 30 Magnemite and Level35 Steelix holding a Sitrus Berry. TM Iron Tail is rewarded.

Sources: 2ch. Pokebeach and Serebii.net.

---

I don't actually find Gymleader details that excited. I'd sooner know where the pokemon are etc. I hope to make the Gymleader page when I get hold of a game. Because I want more details than what is available and I don't want to rely on either of those three sites anyway.
    Last edited by firepokemon; 9th September 2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

ROM hath been leaked.
    For terrible Pokésex: 2148-4736-7219

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Indeed. But I've had every problem under the sun. My emulator wouldn't work. I downloaded and tried other emulators. My internet was slow, slow, slow. Turns out I experienced the black screen of death. Then I had more problems with the computer. Then at 5am in the morning. My partner gets upset at me staying up so late. Then this morning still having problems. But about five minutes ago finally it works.
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
    That said, I had a feeling I was going to be disappointed by how Nintendo handled this issue, and I was very right. I am not a $@*&ing gardener and have no intention of being a $@*&ing gardener.
    Damn it Jim! I'm a trainer not a gardener!
    Sorry.....had to be said ^_^()

All in all I'm indifferent to the planting issue. Either way you got to run your ass around to collect them. Besides if your doing the planting you can stockpile the berries/apricorns your actually going to use ^_~

On another note here's something I know some of us were wondering about: the music.

Seems to me that most people tend to agree that RBY and GSC had the best music. RSE and DPP were ok in my mind but the music just didn't seem the same. Well someone went ahead and posted the whole soundtrack on You Tube. I only checked out three tracks since I'm currently on shitty dial up but from what I heard the new versions sound even better that they did in the FR/LG remakes.

-Johto Trainer Battle
    Done EXTREMELY well I think! Not much more to say past that.

-Kanto Trainer Battle
    Sounds much better than the version in FR/LG I think. Best part is the fact it's not the original half assed version from the original GSC. It's actually the full version with elements of that mix added in.

-Battle with Lance/Ash
    First off I still to this day refuse to call them Red/Blue. Dumbest fucking names in the world. What the hell was Nintendo thinking when they first made GSC? Still to this day don't understand why they couldn't use the names from the anime since they ARE in the default name lists of all the games :-/
    In any case this was perhaps the best final battle music in the whole series. Despite the hardware of the time it just sounded great. Guess it's not hard to imagine the new version sounding much better.

As for the rest of the soundtrack just check out that person's profile on You Tube ^_~
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Hrm...I hope that Johto Music is an orchestral remix of what we'll actually hear in the game, because as great as that music is, it spends far too much time in the wrong tone to be the BGM for a battle.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post
    Hrm...I hope that Johto Music is an orchestral remix of what we'll actually hear in the game, because as great as that music is, it spends far too much time in the wrong tone to be the BGM for a battle.
    Nope.....that's from the actual game so we should be getting the same exact thing. I personally liked it but to each their own.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hehe in HG/SS you dont need the key to get Rotom's forms, all you have to do is take Rotom to the Silph Co's Elevator and it will power it, taking you to the room.

~Charls Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

cool cant wait to get silver also if i rember correctly in goldenrod bill was there and gave you an eevee will he still be there? or will they change it and put him in the kanto region?
    or will he even give you an eevee?

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

He still has an Eevee for you in Goldenrod City. But you have to meet him in Ecruteak City first. After talking to him he returns home to Goldenrod where you can pick up your Eevee.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Cloyster Moderator

Well, it's been a while since we've needed to use this thread, but here's something worth mentioning:

Many of us already know about this first one. Like in the Japanese versions, the two main characters will be getting new names. They will now be known as Ethan and Lyra.

The new bit of news is that, according to Serebii, the rival from RBY/FR/LG, who is the Viridian Gym leader in GSC/HG/SS, will still be known as Blue in the English games, ending speculation that his name would be changed to Green due to LeafGreen keeping its name in its English releases.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008