Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ASB Movelist

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Default Re: ASB Movelist

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    There's only two moves that exclusively raise evasion anyway. Double Team and Minimize. And whilst this is ANIME style battling, we can't keep using that as a reason, lest we allow AIM FOR THE HORN style ground beating electric attacks to be acceptable.
    Bad metaphor to use on me since I've ALWAYS supported that technique despite how often other people malign it. Never mind that Pikachu has kicked the shit out of plenty of other Ground types since as far back as the fifth episode, but maybe I'm just too logical for magic monster fighting: If the monster is covered with rock armor everywhere except for the big METAL CONDUCTIVE THING CONNECTED TO ITS BRAIN, then yeah, my rationale is to aim electrical attacks at that.

(Spoiler:) Thunder Armor on the other hand is bullshit that I'll never defend on no less than three separate grounds ranging from Pokemon physics to our own, before you start strawmanning with that.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It's funny how later episodes show Lightningrod being able to conduct the electricity through the horn and not fry Rhydon's brain whatsoever. Oh, anime. Consistent you are not.

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

I was just looking at the movelist, and there was a couple of new questions I'd like to ask about it, please.

1. Looking at the description of the move After You, it seems to suggest it's a clone of Me First, but according to the games, it doesn't work that way at all, instead allowing the target to make its move immediately after the user does, on that same turn (but it fails if the target already made a move on that turn)...shouldn't the description of After You here be edited accordingly? I just find it really baffling its description here is exactly like Me First.

2. Why is Psystrike missing from the movelist?
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Death the Kid Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Hey, new to this site (still awaiting approval), but for moves, does your pokemon need to be able to Learn them in the games, e.g. Flamethrower can be used by most fire types but not by grass types. Oh, and it doesn't appear this way, but are there levels to your pokemon team?

Layout Madman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's like that, you are able to use literally every move your Pokémon is able to learn in the games. Take a look at bulbapedia (for example) for the Pokémon you use, you'll find a nice list there. And no, there are no levels to my knowledge.
    Last edited by Puma; 11th July 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Avatar drawn by the wonderful Cynder in reference to this! Go check her other art out! ^-^

Death the Kid Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Thank you once again Puma.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'm a bit confused with Block, U-turn and Volt Switch. It says Block prevents switching from Baton Pass and U-turn, but there was no mention in U-turn that the Pokemon can switch out, although in Volt Switch, the Pokemon can switch after attacking. Can someone please clarify this?

I Finnished last Moderator

Default Re: THE COMPLETE (for now) ASB MOVELIST (Beta...)

So are all X/Y attacks here yet? Post when they are, please.