Thread: I challenge Rossymore (ref: Mew Master)

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default I challenge Rossymore (ref: Mew Master)

Alright Rossymore, I've been tempted to battle you since you came here, and I can see your team is starting to grow quite nicely, so why don't we have a little battle.

If you're up for it, then:

3 on 3 (all out at once)
    I choose first
    You attack first
    DQ: 1 week
    Banned moves: Attract, Captivate, non-damaging healing moves, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Substitute, Metal Burst, Endeavour, Perish Song, Grudge, Memento, Bide
    Arena: a clearing in the middle of a dense forest. There is a lake in the middle, but there are only about 7 or so trees in the whole clearing (not counting the sea of trees surrounding).

I'm going to go with my nameless Kirlia, my male Monferno, Pyro Khan, and my Magnezone, Unidentified Electrifying Object (or U.E.O. for short).
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 7th May 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

It's like Rossy, but more! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Rossymore (ref needed)

Oh, you know how to mind read! You're on! Let's see if I have better luck then that melee I had VS MLG. Also, could we have Toxic banned. Getting sick of reffing it and using it/being used against me

Go Berobelt my female Lickilicky, Bakphoon my male Typhlosion and...hmm...Abusora my male (and shiny!) Absol.

Lickilicky, start by using Water Pulse on that Monferno, it may be fire but it also has fighting cababilities. Bakphoon, if you get the chance, Focus Punch that Manezone. Otherwise use a good old Flamethrower. Abusora, use a Dark Pulse on Kirlia, we just need to see if our opponent reacts to type disadvantages.

Abu use X - Scissor on Kirlia if he attacks the others are a Faint Attack on the back if he targets you. Berobelt, use a Brick Break on the 'zone if it has Light Screen or Barrier. Otherwise, smack Monferno with another Water Pulse. Bakphoon, use an Aerial Ace on Monferno if Bero attacks 'zone. Otherwise use Fire Punch on 'zone.

Bero, use a Surf helped by the lake and Abu and Bak: Stand waaaaaaaay back. With all of them drenched, Abu use Ice Beam on the drenched lot with a wide spread Ice Beam. Then Bak, use a Heat Wave on them, this should be interesting.

That's my strategy but you're probably going to thrash it all now aren't you KoT? I'm guessing DL will ref...he somehow loves melees!

GO!

Mew Master of SCIENCE! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Okay, I'm game. I'll Ref...

Boy am i gonna regret this... -,-
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art
    Bring your Battles to Life

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

We don't like reality... we Re-draw it!

Diamond Friend Code: 124696093377
    SoulSilver Friend Code: 296633754096

Master Trainer

Hold it Rossy. Crystal Tears brought this to my attention.

You can't Evolve your Lickitung yet. It's still in a battle against Crimson (here). While it may indeed be past the DQ time limit, neither the Ref (Crystal Tears) or the opponent (Crimson) have acknowledged it, and you haven't stated it in the battle thread itself.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Mew Master on "Tracer" Well at least I make you happy with my character's impending downward mental spiral.

I don't mind banning Toxic, but don't count on this battle being easier than your battle with MLG.

U.E.O, immediately get in between your fiery partner and opponent, and Mirror Coat the Water Pulse toward Bakphoon, then use Double Team, finally, use a large Thunder Wave on the closest opponent (if two or more of them are close together, try and get them in one shot if you can).

Pyro Khan, get in front of Kirlia as Abusora comes in with the Dark Pulse, and slug the Absol good with a Brick Break, then use Double Team, finally, finish by grabbing the Lickitung's tongue and yanking it hard with your Strength, and see if you can get it to smack her much like a rubber band by releasing it back to hit her in the face.

Kirlia, we need to get the drop on all your opponents literally (especially Abusora), so I want you to Teleport yourself and ALL of your opponents up very high once the Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Focus Punch/Flamethrower have passed, then lower yourself back down gently with a Psychic while letting your three opponents take the fall the hard way, finally, use that last turn to relax.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Elite Trainer

Match doesn't need to be finished. Lickitung has already been in a completed match which was against CEB.

It was the second battler, after Buizel and before Absol and Quilava.
    So it can evolve.

Oh yeah, a link would be helpful!
    Link

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

No he means the rule in which a pokemon already involved in a battle may not be evolved.

Refer to rule number 8 here
    Last edited by Crazy Elf Boy; 7th May 2009 at 02:45 AM.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Elite Trainer

Default Re: I challenge Rossymore (ref: Mew Master)

*shrugs*
    Okay then, return Lickilicky and go Floatsel my male...erm...Floatzel (trust the Americans to put a 'z' every time an 's' is prezsent.)

*clears throat* I may have to change my attacks because of this. You can change your attacks as well KoT. I'll have a Lickilicky one day.

Okay, we have a different typage but we're still good. This match won't be easy...no Basic types! Floatsel, start off by using Double Team and get them situated to protect the rest of the team. We should be able to get one round done without any casulties. Then use Focus Punch on the 'zone if you're not attacked. If you are attacked, Counter...unless it's not Physical. In which case use Ice Beam on Kirlia. Get the legs if you have to. Finish off with a Hail. That out to annoy a few Pokemon!

Bak, begin with a Flame Wheel on the 'zone. Then smack the 'zone with Flamethrower if it wasn't attacked by Floatsel or use Will-o-Wisp on Kirlia. Finish with a Fire Punch on the Kirlia.

Okay Abu, this is going to be quite a ride for you. Use Will-o-Wisp on Magnezone on the first action then use it again on the second if Kirlia wasn't hit by it. If it was, use a Water Pulse on the Monferno. Finish with a Faint Attack behind the Kirlia.

Floatsel: Double Team ~ Focus Punch (Ma) /Counter/Ice Beam (K) ~ Hail
    Bakphoon: Flame Wheel (Ma) ~ Flamethrower (Ma)/Will-o-Wisp (K) ~ Fire Punch (K)
    Abusora: Will-o-Wisp (Ma) ~ Will-o-Wisp (K) /Water Pulse (Mo) ~ Faint Attack (K)

Time to wreck it again KoT!

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O. You guys should continue as planned.

1) Rossy had to switch because of evolution issues.
    2) Therefore, he swapped his pokemon out. That's fine, but Mew Master, you have the defining call whether to allow swapping of actions. Since it's the first round, I'd say its ok only because it doesn't change the battle anyway, he still would have went second no matter what. This battle can continue as planned.

If you wanted KOT, you could edit your post and swap attacks around if you needed to. . But yeah Mew, if you want you can restart the battle. i dun nsee the need to, but whatever works for you, since yer the ref.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Elite Trainer

Part of KoT's strategy was using my Lickilicky's toungue as a slingshot and since I have a water type instead of a normal, it should be different attacks.

Okay, I'm going to change my moves, but Rossymore, please be more careful next time.

Alright Pyro Khan, I want you to quickly get in front of U.E.O. to take Bakphoon's Flame Wheel (if you can hold your arms out to grab the Typhlosion while he's moving, that is) as well as Absol's Will-o-Wisp (since you are also a Fire type, you shouldn't get burned) and use your Strength to toss him toward the lake if you can. Don't let U.E.O. get fried, whatever you do.

U.E.O., once the Flame Wheel and Will-o-Wisp are blocked by Pyro Khan, immediately use a Shock Wave on Floatzel.

Kirlia, when your opponents have finished their first moves, I want you to wait until two or all three of them are close together before Telporting yourself and all three of your opponents up very high.

Now, Pyro Khan, I want you to use a Swords Dance while your opponents are falling from the sky, and U.E.O., wait until your opponents have fallen back to the ground, then immediately shoot a big Thunder Wave at them when they land, so that you can paralyze at least one of them, or if you can only paralyze one, make sure you paralyze the Floatzel and/or Typhlosion, whichever one is closer.

Kirlia, while you and your three opponents are up high, let the gravity be their downfall as they fall down the fast and hard way, and as for yourself, use Psychic on yourself to slow your fall.

Finally, Pyro Khan, wait until Absol has reappeared from his Faint Attack, and strike him as hard as you can with a Brick Break in the weakest spot on him that you can find. U.E.O., use a powerful Thunderbolt on Floatzel. Kirlia, get behind Pyro Khan if you can, and relax to gain back some energy.

U.E.O.: Shock Wave (Floatzel) ~ Thunder Wave (as many opponents as possible in one shot, otherwise, aim for Floatzel and/or Typhlosion, depending on who is closer) ~ Thunderbolt (Floatzel)

Pyro Khan: Intercept the Flame Wheel and Will-o-Wisp while using Strength to throw Typhlosion into the lake, if possible ~ Swords Dance ~ Brick Break (Absol)

Kirla: Teleport (self and all three opponents up high) ~ Psychic (self, to lower back to the ground gently) ~ relax

Whew...complication city. And incase anyone's wondering, even though Kirlia cannot learn Seismic Toss, it's basically still a version of Gravijaa Slam...just with room for an additional action.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

I'll ref the battle as is since attacks were switched because of this issue. Before I ref I will reiterate that the battlers should be aware of the rules regarding evolution, and which of their Pokemon are or not in a battle at such a time.

I will try and get this Reffed this Weekend or next week. Finals are winding down so bear with me.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Elite Trainer

Good luck Mew, you'll need it!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

HIHIHIHIHI
    Noah
    DarkestLight fan.

Elite Trainer

Erm...who are you?

Bumping for Mew Master.

'is surprised someone else posted here'

I suppose pokemonrazer wants to be a spectator, if that's the case, I'm fine with it.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Round 1! Pre-Round Stats
    Banned Moves: Attract, Captivate, non-damaging healing moves, Selfdestruct, Explosion, Substitute, Metal Burst, Endeavour, Perish Song, Grudge, Memento, Bide, Toxic
    DQ: 1 Week
    Pokémon: OOO vs. OOO
    Theme: D-technolife

Kirla (♂)|Pyro Chan (Monferno, ♂)|U.E.O. (Magnetzone, N/A) (Team Knight of Time)
    HP: 100|100|100
    MP: 100|100
    Status: I foresee your doom | Ooooooh Yeeeeaaaah! | Take me to your Leader
    Teleport~Psychic~Relax
    Strength~Swords Dance~Brick Break
    Shock Wave~Thunder Wave~Thunderbolt

Floatsel (Floatzel, ♂)|Bakphoon (Typhlosion, ♂)|Abusora (Absol, ♂) (Team Rossymore)
    HP: 100|100|100
    MP: 100|100
    Status: Don't forget to bring a towel | Roll out! | The future does not favor you.
    Double Team~Focus Punch~Hail (Sub: Ice Beam/Counter)
    Flame Wheel~Flamethrower~Fire Punch (Sub: Will-o-Wisp)
    Will-o-Wisp~Will-o-Wisp~Faint Attack (Sub: Water Pulse)

The Arena
    A clearing in the middle of a dense forest. There is a lake in the middle, but there are only about 7 or so trees in the whole clearing (not counting the sea of trees surrounding).

Ready! FIGHT!

Well, as we gather in the forest it looks like it's going to be an interesting and strenuous fight, wearing on the Ref's nerves. So LET THE INSANITY BEGIN!

Abusora starts off by summoning floating flames around U.E.O., some getting close and melting part of the shiny saucer (
    -2/(BRN, -2 HP)). Bakphoon keeps on the offensive by spinning into a whirl of flames and spinning like a flaming Sonic the Hedgehog right at U.E.O. Again (-5, Pyro Chan gets in the way, and counters the flaming rodent with his raw strength (-7,-3/-5) and the Typhlosion is hurled away. The Magnetzone floats around before unleashing a wave of electrical energy (-4/-13/-8/-8/-8/-8) catching Floatsel off guard and everyone else! Floasel glows, and then splits into four different copies (-4). Kirla has been concentrating this whole time, a faint glow about him (-47) then he, as well as the opponent's team disappear in a flash of light. As everyone looks two of Rossymore's team have just been teleported above the ground and are left to drop like stones, slamming into the ground hard (-8/-8). Guess Knight forgot about Dark Types immunities.

Kirila is holding himself up by pure psychic focus (
    -14). The Typhlosion kicks up a burst of flames that washes over Magnetzone (-8/-15). U.E.O charges up an electric net and unelashes it towards the opposing team (-2/(PAR)) only catching Bakphoon off guard. Abusora summons another wave of floating ghostly flames to surround Kirla, instigating him with a burn as well as he drops down (-4/(BRN, -2 HP)). Pyro Khan spins around and increasing his own fury (-4, ATK ++). Floatsel uses this opportunity to set a burst of ice at the gently falling Kirla (-7/-7).

The round winds down with the last set of attacks. Kirla sets down gently, but the Absol has disappeared, only to reappear from behind the Psychic Type (
    -4/-13). The Monferno spins and makes a b-line for the Absol, before striking hard with a callouced hand (-5/-16). Kirla takes the time to recall some of his energy (+5). The Psychic isn't getting off this set of attacks easy, as Bakphoon swings with a whicked left hook of fire (-4/-8). Floatsel calls forth the clouds as balls of ice start to fall (-4) just before the Unidentified Electrifying Object shocks up the Water Type's world (-5/-14), how it managed to find one Floatzel out of the other four, must be that Alien-tech.

The first round has been devastating to both sides, and as Kirla and U.E.O nurse their burns (
    -2 (BRN)/-2 (BRN)) this round is over as the hail hits the ground (-2 (Hail to everyone))!

Round 1! Post-Round Stats

Kirla (♂)|Pyro Chan (Monferno, ♂)|U.E.O. (Magnetzone, N/A) (Team Knight of Time)
    HP: 60|87|81
    MP: 44|84
    Status: See ya next fall! BRN (2 HP per round) | Karate Kid! ATK ++. | Structural integrity compromised. BRN (2 HP per round)

Floatsel (Floatzel, ♂)|Bakphoon (Typhlosion, ♂)|Abusora (Absol, ♂) (Team Rossymore)
    HP: 63|77|74
    MP: 85|83
    Status: Chill out! | Sh-shocking! PAR (30% Attack Failure) | I can see your soul.

Ref Notes: 1 HP = 2 MP. Do NOT pester the ref to do his job when he's been stressing the last four days on finals and warned you. Hail two Rounds.

Knight of Time Attacks First
    Rossymore Attacks Second.
    ~Mew Master

ASB Battle Art

Elite Trainer

Good job Mew, you deserve a lot of points for this!