Thread: What do YOU want in the G/S Remake

Hybrid View

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: What do YOU want in the G/S Remake

Seeing as the Sweet Honey was actually originally intended to be in Johto (although whether it would've worked the same way as DPPt's or not I'm not sure), I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it. I don't want them to, but they probably will. :/

Losing Whirlpool for the Whirl Islands is just silly, really. That's part of what made them, you know, the Whirl Islands, and I can't imagine that Game Freak would just drop the whirlpool obstacles in favor of some stupid new fog mechanic. Just... no. The TMs/HMs are awkward, yes, but couldn't they just introduce a special kind of move tutor, probably a little cheaper than the usual move tutors, that allows you to get overworld moves like Whirlpool? (And Headbutt, if they're feeling benevolent and bring that back?) Or really, the Whirl Islands were technically an optional area, weren't they? They could just be lazy and leave Whirlpool only on the movesets of those Pokémon that learn it naturally and force you to bring a Shellder slave if you want to go in. Maybe edit the movepools slightly so a few more things learn it, too. Other than the Dragon's Den, which I guess could use some of the Frigging Obnoxious Graystuff for atmosphere as Poryhedron said, I don't remember any other areas where Whirlpool was actually required. Of course, that's probably just the fact that I haven't gotten to that point in a GSC game in years talking, so I don't know.

...That, or they can just handle the whirlpool mechanic in a different way entirely, maybe requiring you to have a special item to counteract them instead.

You can talk about "punishing them with the Vs Seeker", but it still doesn't get me that five seconds of my life back. :/ In all seriousness, though, having both seems redundant. Why on earth do you need people to call you about rematches if you can just go challenge them whenever you want anyway? I'm sure it'll either be one or the other, or else a modified combination of sorts, but I highly doubt they'll just hand you both as separate items and still keep the phone's rematch functionality.
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 11th May 2009 at 03:13 PM.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: What do YOU want in the G/S Remake

Well I'm working under the possibility that the phone is not used at all for rematches, just for items, swarms, random crap. This leaves the way better method of rematching, the Vs. Seeker, free to be abused on those poor vict---er, trainers that we want to beat up again.

Would be nice if we could actually use the Vs. Seeker in caves and forests, but since it seems to have a solar battery, I guess it's not likely that'll change.

And it's more than likely Whirlpool becomes a tutor thing (maybe free, considering it's an ex-HM), possibly Headbutt as well if necessary. I don't see the order of Gyms unlocking the HM use changing much. Just Falkner allowing Defog instead of Flash, maybe Whitney unlocking Rock Smash and Jasmine unlocking Strength, Pryce unlocking Rock Climb (he had Whirlpool before if I remember right...). Cut, Fly, Surf, and Waterfall would remain the same.