Thread: What do YOU want in the G/S Remake

Hybrid View

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: What do YOU want in the G/S Remake

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, Latias, Latios

Legendary Birds: while not catchable I could see a sub plot taking place in Kanto in which TR catches them which angers Lugia in HG and Ho_oh in SS and you need to free them and they fly off to Sinnoh.

Mewtwo: I could see the Berserk Gene becoming a key Item for it, and like Mewtwo only opens the cave up for you when you beat Red.

Mew: can be gotten from My Pokemon Ranch

Jirachi: Perhapses the event takes place in Mount Moon Square and you need a like say a wishing star and say like on Moonday night the
    Clefairy are dancing and you have the wishing star you can use Rock smash to awaken Jirachi and then it fights you.

Deoxys: Birth Island

now here one why not thow in a Hetaran and have the story be that Blane was remolding his Gym when he found a Magma Rock, and awoke Heataran and Cinnabar's Volcano stated to erupt.

And also I would like to see contest added to HG and SS, and I would not mind if they charged it a bit to being two rounds of Appeals then a battle...

Also did any one like my Ideas on wild pokemon and trainer roosters, also the reason I gave Sage Li a Togetic is because we get a egg that hatches into a Togepi after we defeat Falkner

~Charles Legend
    ASB VS Seeker Profile

“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.” ― Albert Einstein

"The computer world is like an intellectual Wild West, in which you can shoot anyone you wish with your ideas, if you're willing to risk the consequences." --from Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, by Paul Graham

"To build a story world, the author must be part artist, part engineer, and sometimes part mad scientist.." --from Fundamentals of world building by Jessie Verino

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Okay, let's see...

Expanded Kanto: While I'm sure they would have no problem recreating and even expanding the original Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, Viridian Forest, Safari Zone, etc. on a DS cart, I'd be a bit surprised if they did so. Doing so would be less than faithful to the original, and Fire/Leaf was very faithful to the original. They added new areas, but didn't much mess with existing areas beyond pokémon placement. That said, though, graphical enhancements certainly will happen and might lead to neat scenery on, for example, Cinnabar.

Pokégear: The fact that we didn't get a Pokénav in Fire/Leaf suggests that we probably will get the Pokégear in Heart/Soul (that's gonna be weird to type...) They might decide, though, to upgrade the Cell Phone function so that it more closely resembles the Pokénav's Match Call...hrm...then again, if they keep the special swarm notification and item granting functions of the Pokégear, it might be better for them to stick with limited entries to reward people for choosing the right trainers to have listed...tough call. The idea of a classic theme station on the Pokégear Radio is clever, but is Nintendo really likely to do it with a Pokémon remake...? I guess we'll find out. As for the Pokétch, we'll almost certainly have that or something like it as well...otherwise the touch screen is dead weight in the overworld.

New Pokédex: It's certainly going to be the way it is in RSE and DPPl, with a "Johto Dex" and then the "National Dex". The Johto Dex will have evos and pre-evos together, so that Magnezone will come right after Magneton and Pichu right before Pikachu, but the National Dex won't. There is no practical reason for it to be any different. The Unown Dex will probably be subsumed into the feature from DPPl where you can view different forms for every pokémon.

Soundtrack: I will be very surprised if the soundtrack for Heart/Soul is not handled the same way as the one for Fire/Leaf. All fans' dreams aside, this is a remake, not a new entry in the series. The music for Sevii Islands 4-7 was probably not far from what we'll hear in this.

Sevii Islands: Honestly, I doubt it. For one thing, someone on Island...7, was it? comments that the Sevii Islands are so named because they are said to have been made in seven days, and looking at them I can totally believe that this was true in real life at Nintendo's offices. There are several things about them that seem rushed (seriously. Seriously. ... Seeerioooouuuuslyyyy. "Lostelle"!?), and Nintendo might not want to revisit that.

Apricorns: Apricorns, in my mind, are just one part of a bigger picture that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet: the function of Berries. GS introduced Berries, but they worked differently than they have ever since. In GSC, you didn't have to worry about planting and watering the Berries. There were Berry Trees that were permanent fixtures, and reliably and autonomously produced one Berry each per day. Apricorns are part of that system. Will Nintendo bring that back, or are we stuck with the modern-day requirement that you be a gardener in order to get Berries? And if so, will Apricorns be the exception that sticks with the old method or will we be planting and watering Apricorn trees in order to get Kurt's special Pokéballs? Honestly, I have some reservations about every side of this debate; I'm not sure what to hope for.

HMs: The situation in Fire/Leaf was very convenient. Dive, the HM absent from Fire/Leaf, and Rock Smash and Waterfall, the moves that hearkened back to GSC instead of RBY and thus were post-game material, were the last three numbered HMs and thus weren't really missed. Defog, however, is HM05, and HM06 at least will very definitely be in Heart/Soul. To prevent a conspicuous hole in your Bag's TM pocket if nothing else, Nintendo will probably find places (like Whirl Islands or Mt. Silver) to put lots of fog so that you'll have need of the Defog HM. ...Jasmine might give you the HM at the Lighthouse when she sends you off to Cianwood. Rock Climb, as HM08, is more easily ditched, though its inclusion certainly might make Mt. Silver a lot more interesting. As for Whirlpool, if that's included as a travel move it would have to be either TM 101 or HM09, and both of those are very ugly prospects...perhaps they'll just replace the whirlpools in GSC with heavy fog in Heart/Soul. Dragon's Den does sound like another place where fog would be thematically appropriate.

DSi-Specific Features: I hope they're not there because I don't want to want a DSi...but they'll probably be there. /sigh/ I'll most likely just ignore them.

Area Evolutions: Moss Rock in Ilex and Ice Rock in Ice Path sound about right. Magnezone and Probopass will probably happen in Mt. Mortar.

Element Stones: No way is Nintendo going to be stupid enough to repeat how rare these were in GS. If they're not available via Pokégear like in Crystal, they'll be available some other way...such as scattered around in item balls like they were in Fire/Leaf. They probably won't be available in a Department Store simply because they haven't been in any other games than RBY and Fire/Leaf...if you recall, their availability in those games was because your training journey happened to coincide with a limited-time special sale of them in Wiseman Gifts.

Headbutting Trees: I would like to see this back, but I have a terrible feeling they'll be introducing Honey to Johto instead. Bleah.

Natu and Xatu: Charles, I know you're not doing this on purpose, but you are definitely insulting Natu and Xatu by suggesting they become Pidgey-common. They are far more special than Pidgey and thus deserve to be hard to find. Honestly, why would an entire race of precognitives NOT choose to live in a place that's seldom disturbed by the outside world?

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

That's...pretty concise to what everyone is talking about as far as HeartGold/SoulSilver go. Restoring some of the old areas, at least the Safari Zone, makes sense from a National Dex standpoint, though. Like "Hey, the Warden came back with a lot of Pokémon from other regions!", and then you can see Hoenn and Sinnoh stuff in there (kinda like all the Johto Pokémon invading the Safari Zone in Emerald after the E4, or all the National Dex add-ons to the Great Marsh). As for Viridian Forest, Seafoam, and Mt. Moon, it did seem rather disappointing that the grand mazes that once were had been reduced to so little. There was nothing really there anymore.

I personally think doubling up on the technology would make for a fun game, not only having the PokéGear for its map, phone, and radio but also the Pokétch for all its fun features (I'm sure we've all come to rely on the darn thing for one thing or another in D/P/Plat). And as I said, if the trainers are calling you about inane crap instead of swarms or something else of use, punish 'em with the Vs. Seeker!

As for the evolution stones, remember that we no longer are in need of only Fire, Water, Thunder, Grass, Moon, and Sun anymore. There's also Dawn, Light, and Dusk, and it would be nice to have at least semi-reliable access to them all. I guess the Fossils might be a similar issue, but with Cinnabar gone, where would you take them to be revived?

The HMs I figure we're stuck with, since this is still Gen 4. Much as I want to see Defog and Rock Climb erased from existence, we're just gonna have to deal with it. I figure Rock Climb might have a little bit of use, and fog probably would become the replacement hazard to Whirlpool if not combined with it (hard to get past whirlpools if you can't see them).

And Apricorns I wouldn't really be too bothered either way, if they made special trees that produced one every day or if they handled them like berries now. And actually, I'd say modify some of the Apricorn Balls to actually make them worth using over some of the mass-produced copycats. For example, Level Ball working better if you have a really high-levelled Pokémon out against a relatively quite weak one (as the name might suggest), Fast Ball working on not just runaways but also those that might kamikaze you (SelfDestruct, Explosion, Perish Song, Memento), or maybe the more annoying (Roar and Whirlwind). Basically any wild that might get away from you in one turn one way or another. Friend Ball's effect being better than Luxury Ball would help that. Heavy, Love, and Lure Ball are pretty much okay as they were. Moon Ball....probably could be replaced. Only useable on 5 out of 493 Pokémon? Might need something a little better here.

I hope they don't do any DSi-specific things either. That would blow. Enough said. And I'd like Headbutt over honey for the trees, but either way we're in for something tedious. Oh yeah, can we not have anything with a 1% encounter rate anymore? I've cursed something out each gen for having to endure that...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Ash View Post
    I guess the Fossils might be a similar issue, but with Cinnabar gone, where would you take them to be revived?
    If I remember correctly, the only Fossil that was obtainable in the original G/S was Aerodactyl, and you got it as an in-game trade. It might be different here.

I remember the old game, and the only Apricorn Balls I bothered with were Heavy Balls (the best things for going after Legendary Pokemon) and Lure Balls. I never needed the others, but man, what I wouldn't have given to have Heavy Balls in the games that came afterwards...